We Flew Into Hell and Back - Cover

Preview

We Flew Into Hell and Back

by Mustang

Copyright© 2021 by Mustang

Drama Story: A restored World War 2 fighter plane takes flight. The veteran pilot later recalls his time during the war and his beloved Corsair.

Tags: Fiction   Historical   Military   War  

This story is dedicated to those men, who made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of peace. It is a fictional account of one person’s experiences during World War 2, which also contains certain facts that did occur. It was never my intent to disrespect anyone while creating this story, and I apologize to those who may feel offended.

Portions of this story are reprinted with permission of the Air Command and Staff College Research Report 88-5151 entitled, U.S. Marine Aviation in World War II, VMF 124 in the Solomons by Major Jeffrey A. Kwallek, USAF.

Permission has also been granted to use segments of several books: The War Diary of Two Marine Squadrons - VMF 124/VMF 213 Aboard the Essex, Diary of Col. Kersey Marine Pilot, Colonel Howard James Finn, VMF 124, My Military Recollections, and One Man’s Journey. Many of the dates were used for particular conversations.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.