Tom Prentice - Cover

Tom Prentice

Copyright© 2008 by jake60

Chapter 4: Laney

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4: Laney - A young man's story, covering the major events of his life. He goes through loss, first love, lost love and love found. Categories may be added as the story progresses.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Safe Sex   Petting   Slow   School  

The next morning, Tom had been up for an hour when he got a phone call from Laney. He was invited for supper with Laney and Grace and was happy to accept, as it gave him a chance to spend more casual time with Laney.

Tom arrived at the Frost residence just before four o'clock, and brought along one of his parents' bottles of wine. Even if they didn't have it with their meal, he wanted to bring something to contribute.

Grace warmly received his small gift, and said "I promise to share it in moderation with the two of you."

While they were waiting for the oven to do its work, the three of them sat at the kitchen table and talked about Tom and Laney's upcoming date for the graduation dance. It reminded Tom that the night would also be a celebration of Laney's birthday, and that he would have to decide on a birthday gift for her.

After getting a chance to speak with Grace alone, Tom decided that upgrading Laney's cell phone, with unlimited calling and texting would be both well appreciated, and a way to make sure they would be able to easily remain in touch while she was away at University.

It was when they were discussing the costs of having Laney attend the State University that it became apparent that her mother was a bit concerned. Tom wasn't able to secure the full details, but Grace did mention that she had an upcoming appointment with the bank to secure a loan to cover the balance of Laney's University costs. Grace had been forced to tap into Laney's education fund when the heating and air-conditioning system in their home had suffered a terminal breakdown.

"I have to tell you Tom, I'm nervous about what they may say," Grace confided to him when Laney stepped out of the room for a moment.

Their casual discussions about graduation and University were ended by the ring of the timer that Grace had set to indicate that the meal was ready. With Tom's help the three of them soon had the table set, and the meal was ready to enjoy. The wine that Tom had picked went well with the meal, and they all enjoyed a small glass as they ate.

Being able to eat a meal with others with whom he felt so comfortable was an enjoyable experience for Tom. The past few weeks he had been eating solitary meals at home for the most part, with the odd restaurant meal included, and had enjoyed one meal with his grandparents. This evenings' opportunity to share a meal with good company was very welcome indeed; it made him long for his parents once again, something that happened with regularity.

The evening ended with a pleasant conversation in the Frost living room, with Tom and Laney sharing the sofa, and Grace seated across from them. It once again made Tom aware of how much like sisters the two Frost women were. Grace was able to speak as an equal to a variety of subjects like modern music, styles and the latest fads.

At one point Tom made the comment, "Are you sure you aren't sisters?" before laughing at his statement with the two of them.

Just before nine o'clock Grace excused herself for the evening, not wanting to interfere with the young couple on the sofa. Her departure led to almost an hour of mutual admiration in the form of caresses, kisses, and a lot of heavy breathing. The young couple was getting more and more comfortable together, and they were both disappointed when it became time for Tom to leave.

They were looking forward to the following Friday, and the graduation dance that they would be attending. Laney walked out to Tom's pickup with him, and Tom used the opportunity to suggest that maybe they could end the upcoming Friday evening at his place. There would be several post dance parties they could attend as well, and they decided to wait until after the graduation dance ended before making a final decision. The fact that Laney didn't rule out the possibility out of hand left Tom with the opportunity to let his imagination run wild. He could only hope that his imagination was at least half right.


The days leading up to the graduation dance passed quickly for both Tom and Laney. He was busy with his summer classes, and Laney was kept occupied with preparations for graduation and the dance. One afternoon, Tom arranged for the upgrade of Laney's cell phone plan, to be effective the following Monday. By prepaying the plan for a year he even managed to get her phone upgraded to a fancier model.

Friday was a busy day for Tom and the Frost's. The afternoon was taken up with Laney's high school graduation ceremony, at which she received her diploma while Tom and her extremely proud mother watched from the audience. Because she had completed her high school education by correspondence, Grace had never been able to take part in a graduation ceremony herself, and became very teary-eyed as Laney strode confidently across the stage for the presentation.

"Doesn't she look all grown up, Tom? I'm so proud of her." Grace was beaming.

Tom could do nothing but agree, and added, "It's easy to see she was raised well."

The hour after the last diploma had been handed out was spent getting lots of pictures of Laney and her mother, Tom and Laney, and Laney with various of her high school friends. Documenting this important day in Laney's life was left mostly to Tom, and he managed to do an admirable job. He filled two memory cards with numerous views of the two Frost women and himself.

There was enough time between the afternoon graduation and the evening dance that Tom was able to take the two lovely ladies for a nice supper. After the meal, Tom gave Laney her birthday gift, the nicely gift wrapped cell phone. He explained that she would be able to call as often as she wanted while away at University. She was very thrilled by the gift, and gave Tom a sensuous kiss right there where he sat. Grace's laughter did nothing to ease his slight embarrassment with the very public demonstration of affection.

It was soon time to return to their homes to prepare for the evenings long-awaited gala. Just before eight o'clock Tom returned to the Frost house to pick up Laney. When he arrived, she was nervously waiting for him. Grace had just left to help the other volunteers prepare for the dance, so Tom was able to spend a few minutes alone with Laney. He managed to take a couple of pictures of her in the blue dress that his mother had once worn.

"You look even better than my mother did in that dress, Laney," he said.

It fit her perfectly, and his unasked question was answered when she said, "I never even had to make an adjustment to it, Tom. It's almost like it was made for me." She was smiling broadly as the two of them walked from the house to Tom's pickup. As he helped her into the pickup, he was treated to a quick flash of her thighs, and was pleased to be able to notice that she was wearing stockings, rather than pantyhose.

That image flashed across his mind numerous times as they drove to the dance, and even prompted Laney to ask him what was on his mind when he appeared distracted as she spoke to him. Rather than explain what had been the focus of his attention, he made an excuse that he was concerned about whether he had locked his front door.

During the first couple of hours of the dance their time was spent visiting with friends, a bit of dancing, and talking to Grace at the table where she was looking after admissions. As the evening wore on, more of the music was of the slow variety, and Tom was able to enjoy numerous slow dances with Laney. It was as they were leaving the dance floor after a particularly slow and sensual dance that Tom noticed Grace standing by the door, watching the crowd on the dance floor.

"Your mom seems to be enjoying the music," Tom said.

Laney looked over at her mom standing there, and watched her for a while before saying, "I think she is thinking back to her own high school years. She never got to go to the graduation dance that all of her friends went to. She was busy with me at home."

The two of them walked over to where they had been sitting at a table by the side of the dance floor, and just before they sat down Laney said, "I'm going to go to the ladies room with one of the other girls. I think my mom would really enjoy being able to dance at my graduation, since she missed out on her own. Would you mind asking her to dance, Tom?"

Tom looked from Laney to her mother, where she stood across the dance floor and said, "Of coarse I wouldn't mind, Laney. Just don't get jealous," he laughed.

She hit him softly in the arm before saying, "Like I'd be jealous of my own mother!" She walked away, spoke to one of her female friends, and the two of them were soon headed in the direction of the ladies room.

Tom watched Grace for a moment before heading across the dance floor. He could see that she was staring intently at the couples entwined closely together as they passed in front of her, and she didn't notice Tom until he said, "Would you like to dance, Grace?"

He had startled her, and she quickly replied, "I'm sure you'd rather be out there with Laney. I'm supposed to be working here, not dancing," she laughed.

"Laney is freshening up her makeup, and I'm sure you won't get fired if you take a few minutes off from your duties to have a dance with me." He took her hand and started towards the dance floor before she could object.

Grace followed him without argument, and when he turned to take her in his arms she was smiling broadly. "Thank you so much for asking me to dance, Tom. I love to dance, but I haven't had very many opportunities." As they started to move across the floor Tom noticed that her eyes were a bit shiny, and he wondered if she was remembering her high school years, and the graduation dance that she didn't have an opportunity to attend.

They were just completing their third song when Grace noticed that Laney had returned and said, "I see your date is back, Tom. Thank you so much for letting an old lady relive her youth. I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to dance with you. You're a good dancer, Tom Prentice."

Tom quickly said, "You are no old lady, Grace, and the pleasure is all mine. I'm just happy that I didn't step on your feet," he laughed.

They ended the song close to where Laney was standing, and Grace gave Tom a quick hug before saying to her daughter, "I borrowed your date, Laney. I hope you don't mind. He is a really good dancer, so make sure you get him out there on the dance floor as much as you can."

Just as Grace turned to leave Laney said, "You can borrow Tom for another dance later, if you like. I don't mind, if Tom doesn't."

Grace turned and smiled as Tom said, "I'd be happy to join your mother on the dance floor anytime, Laney."

Tom and Laney continued their busy time dancing, hardly missing any of the songs that were played. Soon the band announced that they were going to play their last five numbers, and then the evening would be over. As soon as she heard that, Laney looked around for her mother and then said to Tom, "Would you mind dancing the first two songs with mom, and the last three with me? I see she has been standing by the door for the last few minutes, so I think her work is finished for the night."

Tom quickly agreed, and was soon on the dance floor with Grace. She had protested at first, but he soon convinced her that he wasn't going to take no for an answer. The first two numbers seemed to end quickly, and Tom then switched Grace for Laney for the last three songs that were played. It was hard to believe that the dance was over, and that the evening would soon be drawing to a close.

As the graduates and their dates slowly made their way to the exits, Tom and Laney met Grace and the three of them headed for the parking lot together.

"Mom, I don't want you to expect me home tonight. Tom and I may go to a graduation party or two, and then we're going to go to Tom's." Laney looked at her mother for a few seconds before continuing, "I'll be spending the rest of the night at Tom's. I'll give you a call in the morning."

Tom was surprised by the ease with which Laney described their plans to her mother. It was obvious that she and her mother were comfortable with each other, and that Laney knew her mother wouldn't be creating a scene over her daughter's plans.

Grace turned to the two of them and said, "I want the two of you to have a good time, but be sure to not drink and drive. You're both adults now, and with adulthood come responsibilities. I know I can depend on both of you to be responsible in every way." She was smiling as she gave each of them a quick peck and then turned and walked to her car.

Tom hadn't been able to think of anything he could say that would add to the thoughts expressed by Grace and Laney so he just shook his head as he realized that his dream was coming true, and that Laney would be spending the night with him.

A few minutes later they were on their way to the first of two house parties that they attended briefly. Some of the other graduates had changed into more casual wear, and the two parties were a mixture of clothing styles. Some of the less responsible party goers had already imbibed too much while celebrating their official departure from high school, but the majority of them were content to simply have fun.

By two o'clock in the morning Tom and Laney were headed back to his place, with Laney trading the safety of her seat belt for the chance to snuggle up against Tom as he drove. It was a short drive on quiet residential streets from the last party to Tom's home, and he wasn't about to forgo the chance to have Laney this close to him by insisting she buckle up.

They were both laughing as they entered his house from the garage, and when offered a choice between a glass of wine or a cup of coffee Laney decided to have the wine, a choice that was echoed by Tom. As they drank their wine they were listening and dancing to music in Tom's living room, but when their glasses were empty Laney said, "Why don't we take these CDs upstairs and play them on the stereo you have in your room. We can get a lot more comfortable there."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.