Summer of 1992 - Cover

Summer of 1992

Copyright© 2008 by Fable

Chapter 6: A Narrow Escape

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6: A Narrow Escape - The Summer of 1992 is a period of growth for Sammy. He becomes serious about Kelley and serious about life. What should be a carefree vacation from school becomes a take-charge matter of urgency when Sammy learns disturbing news of Mr. Oldham's health.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First   Oral Sex  

It was the twenty-eighth of June, 1992, a great time to be alive and a great day to be in love. We disembarked the plane the same way we'd left, hand in hand. Only now, Kelley's physical hold on me was not as tight. It was more relaxed, confident, like she knew she didn't need to cling to me.

As we made our way through the crowded airport, I reflected.

Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning had been more than marathon love making. We'd talked endlessly, holding nothing back, agreeing on every topic we discussed. Kelley admitted that she'd been at fault, vowing to always be honest with me in the future. I responded by saying that I trusted her. In other words, we loosened the leash we had each other on.

So, when we stepped off the plane, walking hand in hand, our connection was stronger than ever before. Kelley knew she had me and I knew that I had her.

There was, however, one unmentionable issue ever-present between us. The free pass that I'd demanded she grant hung over Kelley like a dark cloud. While she claimed it didn't bother her, I knew she was watching the cloud, wondering when the rain would come. To her credit, she didn't ask when I planned to use my free pass.

Many times, I considered returning the free pass. I knew it would make her happy. In my own sadistic way, I was enjoying the feeling of power it gave me to know I could have a one night stand, guilt free.

What if the tables were turned? What if Kelley withheld sex from me until I granted her a free pass? I would never permit it to happen. Knowing this made me realize what an incredible person I had in Kelley. Well, I would probably never use my free pass anyway. Still, it was fun to think about.

"What's occupying your mind?" my traveling partner and bedmate asked.

Her question started me, almost as much as Mrs. Harvey, who was waving to get our attention. "I was counting the reasons I love you," I said, pleased with my quick response.

Kelley smiled from ear to ear and for a second, I thought she was going to shed a tear. "Don't make me cry. My parents will think I'm still angry," she cautioned.

Mr. Harvey shook my hand and reached for Kelley's carryon. Mrs. Harvey inspected her daughter for scars before taking her into her arms, relieved, I suppose, that I hadn't gotten reckless. If she only knew what her daughter had permitted me to do to her.

The trip to the Harvey home was a constant barrage of questions. "Did you visit the museums? What was playing at the summer theater? Which restaurants did you enjoy the most? What in the world did you two do?"

Kelley squeezed my thigh to squelch the answers that she was afraid I'd give. "The view of the city from our hotel room was magnificent. We went to the pool often and took advantage of the Jacuzzi. The restaurants were exquisite. Sammy got his fill of steak. I took him to a company party one night and we almost took in a rodeo. Do you remember why we had to cancel, Honey?"

"I believe that was the day..." I began, before feeling Kelley's fingernails dig into my inner thigh in a warning, 'don't you dare say you were pretending to be a rough-riding cowboy and I was your bronco'! " ... we visited the Denver Zoo."

Kelley gave me a, 'you're the monkey' look, and when neither of her parents asked follow-up questions, she eased the pain she'd been inflecting to my thigh.

When we got to the Harvey home, Kelley took her car out of the garage and drove me home. "Want to come in?" I asked her when we parked in front of the house.

She made a face. "I have a thousand things that I have to do. I need to spend some time with my parents and so do you," she said, almost apologetically.

We kissed goodbye and I agreed to call her later.

I went inside and underwent ninety minutes of debriefing. Mr. Oldham's questions concerned my general impression of the Denver office, what I'd seen, what I'd learned and what changes I recommended. I was making a case for shorter visits to each city when Suzanne grilled me about Kelley.

"Did she monopolize your time?"

"Not really. There was a party at the Harvey Company that I had to attend, but otherwise, I went to work every day and did what I wanted."

"I hear you went to Omaha?" Mr. Oldham asked.

"Yes, I need to speak with you about Neill Fenton, Sir," I said, thinking how fast news travels.

He suggested that we meet the next day and I excused myself, saying that I wanted to unpack. What I really wanted to do was to talk to Marcie.

Suzanne followed me to the stairs. "Is everything all right between you and Kelley?" she asked.

"Things couldn't be better between us, Suz," I assured her as I headed up the stairs.

"I knew you would patch things up," she said.

I unpacked my bag and sorted the dirty clothes to be laundered before calling Marcie. She was so wound up that I let her talk.

"I missed talking to you yesterday. Where have you been? I have so much to tell you. When can you come see me?"

"Can't you tell me over the telephone?"

"NO! I must see you in person."

"You could always come here," I suggested.

"NO! That girl is always hanging on to you. I need to see you face to face, just the two of us."

"Are you celebrating the fourth of July on Monday? I could pay you a visit that day. I'm traveling on Tuesday, the seventh."

"Will you come alone?"

"Yes, sweetie, I'll come alone."

There was a long silence before she spoke. "Listen to me; I'm being catty and I haven't even asked you how things are going between you and what's-her-name."

"I have lots to tell you, too. I think it's best to wait until we're face to face."

"Does it have something to do with her journal?"

"Why can't you say her name? Yes, it has something to do with Kelley's journal."

"Will you come early and stay late?"

"I'll come early, but I'll need to get back. Kelley may want to do something later in the day."

"That's probably a good idea. Adam may want to 'do something' too."

We ended the call, agreeing to talk on Saturday, the Fourth of July, to firm up plans for my visit.

Marcie's refusal to call Kelley by name irritated me. She clearly disapproved of my being with her. Perhaps I'd already told Marcie too much about Kelley's journal. I decided to rethink how much I would say about my 'free pass' before my visit.

Almost automatically, I dialed Kelley's number. She began apologizing as soon as I told her it was me calling.

"I'm sorry I didn't come inside with you. That was rude of me. I hope I didn't offend your parents?"

"No, they weren't offended. Suzanne asked if everything was all right between us and I told her things couldn't be better."

"Is that true, Sammy?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry about Denver?"

"You needn't be. I had a good time."

"I had a good time too, but it could have been better if I hadn't taken so long to agree to your ... wish."

"We made up for lost time," I said, remembering Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning.

"That's precisely why I didn't go inside with you. I need a break."

"How long a break do you need? I hope you're going to see me this week."

"I want to be with you every night as long as you promise not to bite me anymore."

"I didn't bite you, did I?"

"Sammy, my breasts are covered with hickeys and there's even one on my ass. I won't be able to wear a bikini for a week."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I love looking in the mirror and seeing your ... handiwork."

"I'll be careful in future. Speaking of future, what time tomorrow night?"

"Is the condominium free?"

"I'll find out, but if it isn't we can get a room or come here."

"My basement playroom is always available."

I only considered what she said for a second before responding. "I'm sorry, Kelley, but I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself in that room."

"Because I told you the couch is where I lost my virginity?"

"No, that doesn't bother me."

"Is it because of what I wrote about me and Phillip?"

"Yes."

She scoffed. "You're being unreasonable, Sammy. How many girls have you had in your room at home? I know of at least three names of girls you've slept with in your room at Pontiac and I don't dwell on them when we're making love. I don't see any difference."

"The difference is that I TOLD you about them," I said, already catching my error. I'd forgotten to name Tammy on my list of sexual partners.

"You TOLD me about two of them," she corrected me.

"Touché." I said, hoping she wouldn't hang up. She did.

Returning the receiver to its cradle, I walked to the balcony and looked down at the pool. Penelope was at the shallow end, supporting Samantha so she could tread water. Penelope waved and told Samantha to wave to me, too I waved back. I wondered if the little girl knew who I was. She wouldn't be two until Labor Day.

I turned and surveyed the room, my eyes drawing me to the desk. Becky's picture was turned face down. I picked it up and looked into the smiling eyes of my girlfriend from years ago. Would I ever see her again? What would we say to each other?

The envelope containing the three pips caught my attention. I emptied the envelope to make sure they were still there. Karen Parker's image popped into my mind. Her strong thighs and tight ass were her best assets. It had been two years since I'd seen her. Would she talk to me if I called her? Would she entertain being my free pass? No, she would want to use all three pips or none at all. Thinking how inconsiderate I was to leave these two keepsakes on my desk for Penelope to dust, I opened the top drawer and deposited them there. Still, the thought of Karen made my cock twinge.

My telephone rang. "Hello."

"I spoke to Phyllis. She wants to meet you. Which night would be best for you, sweetheart?"

Kelley's dismissal of our previous conversation, as if it never took place, astonished me. "You hung up on me," I reminded her, not wanting to let it drop.

"I had to hang up, dear. You were being unreasonable."

"Your mother is unreasonable. If she won't allow us to go upstairs to your room, you'll have to get a place of your own."

"I'll make your wishes known to my mom. Now, I tentatively told Phyllis Wednesday night would be best, but she understands that I need to get your approval. Is Wednesday okay with you, honey?"

"It's not my WISH, Kelley. It's my demand that we be allowed to be alone in your room." I said and waited several seconds for her to respond. "Kelley, Kelley, don't hang up on me..." She did.

I dialed her number. "Hello."

"Kelley, this is an order. Tell your mom that I'm coming for dinner tomorrow night and after dinner we're going up to your room. While you're at it, show your mom what I did to your ass."

She responded with no hesitation. "What time should I say you'll be here?"

"I'll come straight from work. We'll swim before dinner."

"Yes, Sammy. I love you so much. I'll miss sleeping with you tonight. Will you miss sleeping with me?"

"I already miss you, honey."

"I'm going to tell my mom what you said right now, Sammy. I'll show her what you did to my ass, too."

"That's good. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sammy?"

"Yes, Kelley?"

"Did you ... have you had time to decide ... about Wednesday?"

"Wednesday will be fine with me."

"You'll wear something besides that hideous blue blazer, won't you, sweetheart?"

"Kelley," I said, letting a warning tone occupy my voice.

"I'm sorry, darling. I only want you to look nice."

Her sincerity made me crumble. "I know."

As we hung up, I was filled with glee, having gotten Kelley to agree to bare her hickey-decorated ass to her mother and to express my demand that we be allowed to make love in her room. Also, she'd raised no objection to being seen wearing a bikini.

I was reading my mail, a letter from my mother saying she was happy that I was coming home for a weekend in October, and a short note from Jeannie giving me their telephone number, when Suzanne called to say dinner was being served. It was really a Sunday night supper. The only item that had been heated was the soup, which looked like leftovers thrown in the same pot. The rest of the meal consisted of salads and a variety of cold meats.

"Stella Harvey just called to invite us to their home for dinner tomorrow night," Suzanne said as I took my seat. I got the idea she was watching for a reaction from me.

"What did you tell her?" I asked.

"I said we'd be delighted to go. Is there ... something we should know?"

"I'm going to their house for a swim after work and I invited myself to dinner, but I didn't put her up to inviting you. I can't think of anything else you should know," I said, wondering if Mrs. Harvey had told Suzanne about seeing the little red blotch on her daughter's ass.

Suzanne looked frustrated at my inability to supply meaningful information. She turned to Mr. Oldham. "Should we take wine, John?"

As I listened to them discuss the question to take wine or not to take wine, I wondered who blew this out of proportion. Had Kelley misconstrued my wanting us to go upstairs to her room after dinner? Had Mrs. Harvey read more into a playful hickey on her daughter's ass than I intended it to be? Had mother and daughter consulted Mr. Harvey as to the meaning of my inviting myself to their home for dinner and he assumed an announcement was forthcoming? Had Mrs. Harvey intimated to Suzanne that I was about to propose and she wanted my parents to be there to witness the event?

"It's nothing like that," I said, with more volume in my voice that I intended.

"Nothing like what?" Suzanne asked.

"Nothing like what you are thinking. I objected to going downstairs to their playroom and got carried away asserting my control. It's a simple matter of me going too far and Kelley permitting me to give her orders."

Mr. Oldham and Suzanne looked at me like they understood, but I'm sure they didn't. They let me off without having to explain that Kelley's breasts were covered with hickeys or that she'd granted me a free pass, which I had no intention of using.

"We'll take wine," Suzanne said and the subject was changed to my next trip. I told them that I planned to visit Josh, Jeannie, Eddie and Celia at their apartment while I was in Boston.

Dessert was brownies and coffee. I helped Suzanne clear the table and then joined Mr. Oldham in the sunroom for a conversation about world events. All the time we were talking, I was remembering the time Kelley and I had spent in the Jacuzzi. I was already looking forward to our trip to Seattle.

Suzanne joined us and hearing us talking about the presidential campaigns, said she was going to retire to their room. Mr. Oldham told her he would join her soon. He talked to me for about ten minutes before saying goodnight.

I sat in the dark and let my body and mind float, like a lifeboat at sea, aimlessly. I wondered if Suzanne and Mr. Oldham often retired early to their room. Did they read, watch television or make love? Surely, they didn't go to sleep. No one needed that much rest.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.