Ellen - Cover

Ellen

Copyright© 2005 by Argon

Chapter 3: Revelations

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 3: Revelations - This is set twenty years after the events of "In the Navy". The lives of Anthony Carter and his family are turned topsy-turvy by the arrival of Ellen, a young shepherdess. Follow the lives of the Carters and their friends and relatives during the late regency era and explore foreign countries and cultures with them. History is not necessarily dry! Winner of the 2021 Classic Clitoris Award.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Historical   Tear Jerker   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

When Ellen had left, Eleanor sat down on Richard’s bed.

“Wasn’t that kiss a lot better than forcing her?” she asked calmly.

Richard’s smile vanished only briefly.

“You are right, Eleanor. I almost forgot that. That kiss, it was so sweet! She seems to care for me even after what I did to her. She is wonderful!”

“Ssh, Richard, you need to be careful! Of course, she is very grateful to you. But don’t make her do things that she may have to regret later. She’s a shepherdess, and you are the son of the squire. It is not like you could marry her.”

“Why are you saying this, Eleanor?”

“Because I don’t want either of you hurt, especially you.”

“In the right dress she could easily pass for a lady,” Richard insisted stubbornly. “Her speech is without fault, and she moves like she has always worn dresses like yours.”

Brother and sister stared at each other.

“But of course, Richard! You are right! I did not notice, but of course! She is no uneducated, wandering shepherdess. There must be more to her. Don’t worry, we’ll find out. Let me talk to mother. She will know how to do this without hurting her.”


In the meantime, Ellen had reached the door to Sir Anthony’s study. She knocked reluctantly, not sure what to expect.

“Do come in,” the Admiral’s voice sounded from within.

Ellen opened the door and stepped in. Sir Anthony was sitting in a comfortable, leather-covered armchair, but he rose when she entered and offered her a seat in a second chair. Without thinking, Ellen sat. She briefly wondered at the satisfied smirk that passed between her host and Lady Carter who was standing at a high window, overlooking the garden.

“My dear girl, let me first express my regret over yesterday’s events. I am not doing my duty of protecting those depending on me, and I apologise to you.”

“Sir Anthony, I can hardly expect you to keep a watch over me all the time. I am grateful for the way you and your family rushed to my rescue. Please accept my deep gratitude.”

Sir Anthony nodded.

“As things are, my dear, and with the two scoundrels still at large, I cannot allow you to live out there by yourself. We could never console ourselves if something happened to you. We would therefore ask you to stay as our guest until the Tremonts have been apprehended.”

“But Sir Anthony, that could take weeks and months!”

The admiral shrugged. “I have a large house, and what is one more mouth to feed? Besides, you do not eat all that much,” he grinned.

“But how could I, a wandering shepherdess, intrude on you and your family?” Ellen asked, fencing for time. She tingled all over from the prospect of living in this household.

“Well, my dear, this is no problem at all, since you and I both know that you are no wandering shepherdess.”

Ellen’s heart sank.

“What do you mean by that, Sir?” she asked.

Lady Carter came over and took her hand.

“My darling girl, we hear you talking, we see your posture, we observed you while you ate. I wished my own daughter were as well behaved as you are. I see your skin, your fingers, your feet and your teeth when you smile, and there is no way on earth that you have spent the eighteen or seventeen years of your life under the open skies. Just a few moments ago, when my husband offered you a seat, you accepted with the perfect grace of a young lady. We did not want to embarrass you, but you did not fool as even for ten minutes.

“Now it all depends on whether you trust us or not. If you were to tell us your real story, I promise that we will not divulge anything to anyone. But I have a son who cares deeply for you, my dear, and I don’t want him hurt.”

Ellen looked at the Carters for a minute before she made up her mind. In a small voice, she said.

“I trust you. What do you need to know?”

“Let us start with your real name,” Sir Anthony suggested.

“Ellen Trilby,” she answered, and she noticed that Lady Carter’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. The name meant something to her.

“Why are you masquerading as a shepherdess, Ellen?”

Ellen took a deep breath.

“Because my stepfather wanted to marry me to one of his friends. Maybe that is the wrong way to say it. I was to be given to his friend as payment for a gambling debt.”

There was a sharp intake of breath from Lady Carter.

“Tell us all, Ellen!”

“My father, Major George Trilby, fell at Waterloo. My mother remarried when I was ten years old and I grew up in the household of Major John Meadows, one of father’s comrades. Everything was fine until my mother died two years ago. He was always nice to me, but Mother’s death devastated him. He took to drink and gambling. A year ago, he was in heavy debt. His main creditor, a gambling crony, offered to forget the debt if I would marry him. He is at least fifty years old! My stepfather agreed and one evening when he and his cronies were at our house drinking and gambling, I was called into the salon and the engagement was announced in front of a group of drunkards. The old lecher even kissed me to the rude comments of the others. That night, when they were all drunk and slept deeply, I took my savings and travel clothes and ran off. I knew they would try to track me down. My would-be husband is wealthy enough to hire detectives, so I took to the countryside. After a few days I met an old shepherdess on a meadow, and she let me stay with her. For half a year, she taught me shepherding. Then, one morning, she would not wake up. She had died in her sleep. I buried her and carried on. I never expected it to be so hard during the winter.”

She shuddered involuntarily. Sir Anthony cleared his throat.

“What would you say, Miss Trilby, if I had one of my men take care of the herd until you decide what to do with your life? Until then, you will stay as our guest. I may add that I speak not only for myself but also for my wife and especially my son.”

“Why would you do that for me?”

Harriet Carter pulled the girl up from the chair and looked into her eyes.

“I too was once married to a man against my will. I hated my first husband with every fibre in my heart and my marriage was a torture until a gallant man killed him in a duel. I will do whatever is needed to prevent you from marrying a man you do not want. Is that a good enough reason?”

Instead of an outright answer, Ellen put her head against Lady Carter’s chest and hugged her. Harriet Carter looked down at the mass of golden tresses and she felt the sobbing of the girl in her arms. She smiled at her husband with brimming eyes, and he smiled back encouragingly. After a while, she set the girl down into the chair and went to ring the bell. When a maidservant showed, she sent her for hot chocolate. Whilst they waited for the drink, Lady Carter caressed Ellen’s hair and spoke soothingly to her under her breath. Sir Anthony had wisely left the room to give his wife a better opportunity to calm the girl down. When the chocolate arrived, Harriet sat down opposite Ellen and bade her drink. The hot drink calmed Ellen and she regarded her hostess with gratitude.

“This was the first time I could cry on somebody’s shoulder since my mother died. Thank you for your kindness, Lady Carter.”

“Let’s not speak of it. One more thing I have to ask you though. Have you truly and honestly forgiven my son? Are you comfortable with living under one roof with him?”

Ellen considered briefly, and then a smile lit up her features. Harriet Carter held her breath for a moment. She was not impervious to the charms of beautiful women, and on a few occasions, she had given free rein to this trait. The smiling Ellen Trilby was a sight to behold and Harriet felt a tingle.

“After I had a chance to get to know him over the last weeks and after what he did yesterday, I have no reservations. Truth be told, Lady Carter, I care for him in no small way. Isn’t that strange?” She noticed the empty stare of her hostess. “What is the matter, Lady Carter, are you well?”

Harriet snapped from her dazed state.

“I am sorry, Ellen. I just realised how truly beautiful you are. You know, you have the power to make men happy beyond measure or desperate beyond hope. Use that power wisely, Ellen, and please, do not hurt my son!”

“How could I hurt him?”

Harriet shrugged. “Simply by withholding your smile from him.”

Ellen swallowed. “I promise never to hurt anyone in your family.”

Once again, the two women hugged. Just then, the dinner bell rang and they quickly dried their moist eyes before they left the study. Eleanor watched her mother and Ellen curiously, but refrained from asking what they had done for almost two hours in her father’s study.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.