National Affairs - Cover

National Affairs

Copyright© 2005 by Will Bailey

Chapter 20

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Pat Connolly was a star anchor on a network TV show. He was very good at his job. He was also good at fucking other people over, especially women. The younger and prettier the better. He was so smart that he succeeded in outsmarting himself.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Reluctant   BiSexual   True Story   Cheating   Swinging   Group Sex   Orgy   Interracial   Oral Sex  

I took a limousine from Pearson International Airport to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. After I checked in, I unpacked my bag. I took a quick shower, touched up my shave and dressed in the outfit that I'd chosen. Dressy, but not too dressy. More Toronto Queen Street hip than Ottawa Parliament Hill drab. Black shirt, slacks and shoes with a black leather jacket.

Before I left the room, I checked my pocket. Yes, the little velvet bag was still there. With any luck, I'd need it that night.

The band at the Eternity would start playing a little earlier that evening, since it was Valentine's Day. I'd been told that the downbeat might be as early as 7:30. It was now 5:30. I'd walk the five blocks up to Queen Street soon, but right now I needed something to calm my nerves. I headed for the bar.

As I walked in, I saw the welcome sight of Adrienne behind the long bar. I took my customary stool in the centre, near the beer taps. Adrienne came over immediately. She stroked my cheek and kissed me. "Pat," she said, "Robbie told me what's in the works tonight. I wish you all the best, but if things don't go well, remember that I'm here for you."

"Thanks, kid," I said. I pressed her hand and did my best to smile.

"Gin and tonic, OK?"

I nodded.

Adrienne brought me my drink. I took a sip and then said, "Adrienne, you're a wonderful person. In a different life..."

She put her finger to my lips, shushing me. "I know," she said, "You don't need to say it. Just have your drink. You've got a big night ahead of you."

Adrienne took care of a couple of tables of suits while I drank and stared into the mirror. As I looked at my reflection, I wondered who'd had the idea of putting mirrors behind bars. Perhaps it started in the old west when cowpokes needed to know if somebody was sneaking up behind them. Or maybe it was so that sad sacks like me could realize just how miserable they looked.

I finished my drink just as Adrienne returned. I rose from my stool and put on my jacket. She came around the bar and hugged me. "Good luck, Pat." She held my head in her hands and looked straight into my eyes. "I love you," she said.

"I know," I said, "and I love you, too. Just not..."

"Not that way," she finished. Adrienne kissed me again, gently and lingeringly. I turned and left.

When I arrived at the Eternity, Sarah the Goth was behind the bar. She immediately took me to Carole's office. Carole rose from her desk. She hugged me and motioned me to a chair.

"Pat, everything is in place. Things are as ready as they can be. I've reserved a table at ringside for you and one directly across the floor for Robin and Shauna. I told Robin to be here at 7:00. It's now 6:30. Would you like to take your seat, or do you want to relax for a few minutes?"

"Carole, thanks for everything. No matter what happens, I'll never forget this. I'm nervous as hell. I think I'll go sit at my table. Is Danny around?"

She smiled. "Of course he's here. He'll be playing in an hour. The band is in the green room warming up. You go sit down in the lounge, and I'll tell Danny you're here."

I went back to the bar. Sarah led me to my table. She showed me where Shauna and Robin would be sitting. Their table was directly across from me, but I wasn't directly in their line of sight. There was a pillar beside my table. By peering around it, I could observe them without being seen. Carole had thought of everything.

People were starting to trickle into the show lounge. Somebody slapped me on the back. Hard. I looked up, and there was Danny Sullivan with a big smile on his face. "Pat, you old mick," he said, "you look pretty hip. For an old fart, that is." He sat down.

"Thanks Danny. And however it goes tonight, I want to thank you for everything."

"It's nothing. Us shanty Irish have to stick together, right? Now, here's what's going to happen. We'll come out and play our first set. That will last about forty minutes or so. Then we'll take a break for twenty or twenty-five minutes. After that, I'll start the second set with your song. OK?"

"OK," I said. Sarah put a gin and tonic in front of me. I took a heavy swig.

"Go easy on the fucking firewater," Danny said. "We don't need you to get pissed and maudlin. You've got to keep your wits about you."

"Don't worry, Danny. I think I can handle it."

"You'd better," Danny said. "We need you to look like someone that Shauna might want to go home with, not like a drunken bum." He smiled. "OK, I'd better go and get the lip limbered up. See you in a little while." He slapped me on the back and left.

While I'd been talking to Danny quite a few people had arrived. There was obviously going to be a good crowd tonight, even better than the average Friday. After all, it was Valentine's Day.

A woman's voice said, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I turned around. It was Adrienne.

"Adrienne, how the hell..."

"I got Mike, the other bartender, to come in and relieve me. I thought you might need some support."

"Thanks, kid. You're the best."

Adrienne sat down. I flagged the waiter and ordered her a drink. We talked about nothing much for a few minutes.

Then I heard Sarah's voice. She was talking quite loudly. "Oh yes, Ms. Markoff. We've been expecting you. Please wait here. I'll get Ms. Taliaferro."

There standing near the doorway were Robin and Shauna. Robin was all in black. She was wearing black leather hip-hugger slacks and a black silk crop top that showed her tattooed and jeweled navel to advantage. Shauna was wearing tan corduroy pants and a black sweater. She was very pale, and she'd lost weight. Her already thin frame was now bordering on gaunt. Looking at her, I was shocked.

Sarah went back to the office and quickly returned with Carole. "Robin," she said, "I'm so glad you could come. I've reserved a special table for you and your friend." She held out her hand to Shauna. "I'm Carole Taliaferro. I'm the owner of this establishment."

Shauna spoke very quietly. I had to strain to hear her reply. "I'm Shauna Cake. Pleased to meet you. I'm a fan of yours. In fact, we have one of your... I mean, I used to have... I used to live in a place that had one of your paintings in it. A self portrait."

"Did you really? That's great. I want to hear all about it. But first, let's get you ladies a drink and a menu." Carole escorted them to their table. "Order anything you'd like to eat or drink. It's on the house," she said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.