How High a Price: A Long Ending - Cover

How High a Price: A Long Ending

Copyright© 2004 by BDad

Chapter 4: Tuesday

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4: Tuesday - This is an ending to Troubadors original start that deals with the pain and emotion of betrayal between two people who love each other deeply. It is not a stroke story. It points out that all transgressions come with a price to be paid by everyone involved, none escape. Hearts and lives are broken, careers made and destroyed, and there is a good old ass kicking. It is a journey of hope.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Humiliation   Violence  

The next morning Early was awake before Susan and quietly got up and prepared to go to work. He made himself breakfast and after eating he poured a cup of coffee for Susan and took it to her.

Entering the bedroom he found Susan awake and staring at the ceiling " Are you awake?"

"Yes I've been awake for a while, I just don't feel like getting out of bed"

Early handed her the coffee as she sat up, arranging the pillows behind her so she could lean back against the headboard, "Then stay in bed and sleep, there's no good reason for you to get up if you don't want. How's the coffee?"

"Perfect as always." Susan took another sip and Early stood awkwardly in silence staring at her. She truly was his life and the center of his universe.

As he turned to go she spoke again in a quiet but serious voice, "Early, can't you stay here with me for a while this morning? I really am sincerely sorry for what I've done and what it has done to us and especially for the pain I have put you through. I know I am in more pain than you can imagine but I deserve it. You do not. On top of everything else now I don't have a job. I promise I will start searching for another in a few days but for a while can I just stay at home and forget about the rat race?"

Setting down on the edge of the bed Early took Susan's hand in his, "It's important that I go into the office today, I will take some time off later in the week for us to spend some leisure time together. But don't worry about working. You don't have to ever go back to work if you don't want to. Maybe its time for us to move into another phase of our lives, maybe its time to start thinking about a little Susan or Early, or both."

"How can I not work, we haven't reached our goals that we set. Me quitting my job will put us further behind."

"Things have a way of working out, we'll be OK. Money isn't the end-all be-all that we have made it, and besides I may have fallen into a bit of a windfall that will help."

"What windfall?"

"Something I'm not going to talk about right now, it's not really that important, we can talk about it tonight. I promise I will come home early today and we can talk some more about our future" and with that Early gave her a hug and quick kiss on the forehead and walked out of the room.

Susan snuggled down back under the covers feeling better than she had since walking into the living room last Saturday. Something seemed to have changed in Early, he was more caring, tender. Maybe things would be OK after all. Now there appeared to be a reason to hope. She soon fell into a deep slumber.

Sitting in his new office Early was still thrilled by his promotion and the attendant trappings. With the promotion and new position also came added responsibilities and challenges and he was soon deep into the problems associated with keeping the companies personnel and assets safe. It was going to be a formidable task.

Early was broken out of his concentration by the ringing phone, on the other end was Sam Turner.

"Early, this is Sam. We need to go to lunch and it is going to be your treat"

Puzzled for a moment he replied, "What the hell are you babbling about Sam?"

"I have the information you requested on Stickner and I think it is best if we discuss it outside of the office"

"That bad is it?" Early replied with a sinking heart.

"Bad for him, good for us depending on what you want to do with the information."

"OK, I'll get May to call for a reservation at the Wharf, outside on the upper deck. It's secluded there. She can call you with the time."

Sam hung up and Early buzzed for May, who immediately came through the door. "May would you please make lunch reservations at the "Wharf" for yourself, Sam, Jay and me. Then let us know what time. Oh, also, we want to sit on the upper deck near the back in that little alcove looking place."

May said nothing but returned to her desk to take care of Early's request.

By 1 o'clock Early and his co-workers were sitting at the Wharf having lunch. May and Early were anxious to hear what Sam and Jay had been able to find out about John Stickner.

Producing a folder Sam opened it and pushed it across the table to Early. "Mr. Stickner is not a nice guy although he has had enough whitewash applied that on the surface he looks like Prince Valiant."

As Early skimmed through the information contained in the dossier on John Stickner, Sam Turner continued talking "This Guy has been married three times, each divorce is because he got caught playing footsy with the help and or spousal abuse, he's had four complaints of sexual harassment filed against him, all paid off and squelched before going to court. Before coming to Seattle he was practicing in Cleveland and faced disbarment hearings twice, both times based on allegedly trying to bribe jurors. And the killer is this, his current wife is the niece of Bob Jensen of Jenson, Sharone and Anderson. There is a lot more but you get the Idea."

Early quipped up from his reading "I thought his wife was supposed to have died of cancer a couple of years ago?"

"No, she lives about half the time back east in Boston where their son goes to a private prep school. My source inside the firm says that the senior partners have gone way out of their way to not only hide Mr. Stickners past but have made his private doings invisible even within the firm."

Early's emotions were seething and his anger had reached a point of being painful. His face reflected his anger as he began addressing the others around the table,"I told you I would let you know what this was all about when the time came and I guess now is the time. I have already discussed it with May so it will not be new to her but Sam, you and Jay need to know the whole story." And with that Early related the activities of the past week to them. When he was through he sat silently and waited for them to comment.

Jay was the first to speak "Sam and I thought it might be something like that but we couldn't fathom Susan being involved with this guy. We're really sorry Early. What are you going to do?"

"First, I am going to save my marriage. I haven't completely decided what I am going to do about Stickner but I don't want to involve you guys any further. Should something happen I don't want to put you in a position where your wellbeing might be compromised."

"We would like to help Early, we are your friends and you need help at a time like this even if it is just moral support." An intense Sam Turner offered.

"What if I do something that gets out of hand and you guys are implicated by having prior knowledge, you could be in serious trouble."

"I'm your attorney and these folks are our staff, I think I could cover us all in attorney- client privilege if it comes down to it."

Early thought for a moment and agreed, Sam Turner was one hell of an attorney, having successfully navigated through the minefield of Washington DC while representing one of the nations most secretive arms suppliers. Even at the relative young age of forty Sam had gained a reputation of being an assassin in the legal arena. Early' trust in him was absolute.

"Well Ok guys, that being said, I am going to point out the error of his ways to Mr. Stickner. How I am going to do that, I am not 100% completely sure. I suspected there was more than an innocent accidental interlude between he and Susan after she told me the complete story of how the situation between them developed. This dossier is beyond even what I suspected. Mr. Stickner is shortly going to be an unhappy citizen."

"I don't mean to pry but what about you and Susan?" Jay Stockton asked in a compassionate tone.

"Susan and I are going to do what it takes to rebuild our life together. I realize now at the prompting of our wise friend May here, that I too was a contributor to our problem and I am going to do whatever I can to fix our relationship. I think that Susan has finally seen what really happened and is more than eager to do what is necessary. We would both welcome your friendship and support. From my point of view Susan was both victim and perpetrator. She needs and deserves my help and support."

"Once again thanks guys for your help. Hopefully Susan and I are in a mending mode."

"Time to get back to work"

Back at his office Early thought about what had transpired at lunch. He was thankful to have such good friends and their support.

Try as he might, Early couldn't concentrate on his work as the contents of Stickner's dossier kept intruding into his thought process until he finally acknowledged he wasn't going to get any work done. Straightening the papers on his desk and checking for last minute e-mails and phone messages he prepared to leave for the day.

Satisfied that everything was in order he opened his middle right hand drawer and retrieved the.40 caliber Sig Sauer and its holster that lay there. It had been a long time since Early's job description had included the use of this particular piece of equipment. He didn't relish carrying it again and there were those that would be surprised at him even owning a gun, even Susan. Early hadn't advertised his early career or what it had entailed other than to admit to being in the "Service". With a practiced hand he took the weapon out of its holster and dropped the magazine. Then he cleared the chamber and checked to make sure it was clean and functional. Lastly he checked the magazine to make sure it was full then re-inserted it into the gun and thumbed on the safety. He noted wryly that he had gained a few pounds as he clipped the holster in the waistband of his pants. It really had been a while. As an afterthought he dropped two additional loaded magazines into his coat pocket and left the office. Some people might be alarmed at the idea that he was walking around in public carrying a concealed weapon. However the Federal Government and the State of Washington had deemed it to be an appropriate thing so fuck those that don't like it he thought, surprising himself at the grey mood he had fallen into.

Arriving home Early found Susan out in the garden working in the flowerbeds. She smiled as he walked through the garage door "You're home early today"

"I couldn't concentrate at the office so I took the day off. Also there are some things we need to talk about."

At Early's words about having things to talk about Susan's expression became somber, "What else do we need to talk about, it seems we have talked until both of us have our brains spinning in our skulls. I'm not sure I can think of another way to say I'm sorry or apologize."

Early held out his hand to his wife as she started to stand from her kneeling position in the flowerbed. As she took it and pulled herself up Early put his arms around her and hugged her tightly, burying his nose in her hair and smelling her fresh scrubbed fragrance. "I don't want you to say you are sorry or apologize, I want to tell you that I love you. There are also some other things that I think you need to know."

After letting her go Susan turned and looked quizzically at Early and let him lead her into the house. She was thrilled at hisunexpected display of intimacy, even if it was just a hug in the back yard and holding hands walking into the house. Maybe things were going to get better and she could be happy again.

"Let me change clothes, I'll be right back" and Early left her sitting in the den.

He returned in a few minutes dressed in jeans and a polo shirt "How about a glass of iced tea?"

"Yes thank you. I am rather thirsty after working in the yard most of the morning."

Susan sat and watched Early as he prepared the drinks "Is there a problem at work? Why did you come home early?"

"Some things have happened at work that I need to share with you, some are good, some are bad. I would like to hold part of it back but you have a right to know what is going on. Before I say anything I want you to understand clearly that I love you and will do anything for you. What I am about to share with you is not an attempt to hurt you or cause you pain in any way although some of it probably will."

"Is this what you wanted to tell me last night before I fell apart?"

"Partially yes"

Early handed Susan the glass of tea then sat down facing her.

They sat for a few moments enjoying the cool drinks, finally Susan looked directly into Earlys blue eyes trying to read what was going on in his mind "tell me the bad news first."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, let's get it out of the way. I don't know how things could get worse but if they are I want to face it now and get it out of the way."

Early was heartened by the strength and resolve Susan was showing. He didn't know how much more negative emotion either of them could stand.

"Here, read this." And with that he handed her the folder containing the dossier on Stickner.

Early sat silently and watched as Susan's face reflected her reactions to the dossier.

As Susan read through the folder in John Stickner she remained surprisingly calm with teary eyes and a growing look of disbelief being the only indication of her reaction to the contents of the file. Finally after reading all she wanted to, Susan laid the folder down on the table and pushed it away as if it were a dead rat.

"I don't understand how I was attracted to this man, I am normally able to read people pretty well and yet I bought the biggest lie possible from him. What has happened to me, Early? Have I really become a corporate climber willing to pay any price for success, even becoming the Mahogany Row Whore, sleeping my way to the top?"

Reacting suddenly to Susan's last comment Early addressed her sternly "Susan stop that! Don't start abusing yourself because you were fooled by this piece of crap human being!"

Susan flinched from Early's outburst.

Early went around the table to her and holding her by her upper arms he looked directly into her eyes with a fire she had never seen before, "We are going to survive this, but you having self doubts about yourself as a person and who you are, will only hurt the healing process we are going to go through. Accept that you made a mistake, take responsibility for your actions, but do not let it continue to eat you up and destroy our chance of becoming whole again. I will not allow that!" Early paused for a moment and continued in a softer tone "besides there is plenty of blame and responsibility to be spread around to other parties, including myself, but I am not going to let it poison our relationship. I am going to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again and I want you to do the same. Do you understand what I am saying?" Realizing his grip on Susan's arms had become increasingly tight he released his hold on her and sat back down.

Considering Early's words for a moment she then answered with conviction "Yes, Early I do. But I need help in understanding how this situation developed in the first place. Are you going to be able to deal with it if we have to go into details that are painful for either of us?"

"I will do what is necessary Susan, I don't think there can be any more shocks worse that what I have already endured." Again Susan noted a hint of something in Early's voice that she wasn't familiar with, a hardness that she had not encountered before. Deep down it made her uneasy.

"What else was there you wanted to discuss?" Susan asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Early had to think for a moment before answering, concerned that she might resent his promotion when her anticipated triumph had come to such an ignominious end. He didn't want to seem to be gloating or rubbing salt in her wounds but decided he couldn't withhold the information from her forever. Wanting to appear as calm and noncommittal as possible he replied in an offhand voice "I received a promotion at work"

Susan smiled a big smile "What kind of promotion?"

Trying to avoid his promotion from being a negative issue with Susan he gave her a large goofy smile and answered "Oh you know, the kind where you get business cards that say "Vice President" of something or other and a huge office with a desk so big that it affected timber futures."

Susan squealed and with a huge grin reached across the table squeezing, Early's hands in hers until he thought she would break something. "Oh Early I am so happy for you! Tell me all about it!"

"What would you like to know?"

"Don't tease me, what is your title, what are you going to do now that's different from what you were doing! You know all of that kind of stuff!"

"First, the scope of the promotion was a bit of a surprise. I'm now responsible for all security for the company worldwide. Additionally, my current divisional duties have been expanded to encompass the companies operations worldwide. I knew that something was up but I never suspected anything of this magnitude."

"This is so exciting, congratulations! Susan beamed at him then taking a more serious tone "Why didn't you tell me yesterday when you came home?"

"It didn't seem appropriate in the light of what you were going through."

They sat without speaking for an embarrassing moment, Early watching Susan expectantly as she fidgeted with her wedding rings. Looking up Susan smiled once again "What is with the security thing? What kind of issues does Intertec have that needs a Vice President in Charge of

Security and how does that tie into Business Development?

"Intertec has expanded its size by 1000% in the past four years making us one of the largest arms/systems suppliers in the world. Most of our clients are Governments, either ours or foreign. We have become a target for industrial espionage and since 9/11 our personnel and facilities have increasingly become the target for terrorists. It is important that we protect ourselves."

"Is it really that dangerous?"

"We lost two people last month in Chile."

Susans smile turned to a look of concern as she considered what Early had just told her and in a serious voice she asked "Is it dangerous for you? I didn't know Intertec did business in Chile."

"Its no more dangerous for me than anyone else, besides, I can take care of myself and yes, we do business in a lot of places"

" I've never seen you mad or even hurt a fly, how are you going to "take care of yourself" as you put it." Susan asked with a look of serious concern.

Setting back in his chair and relaxing Early began telling a story that was probably long overdue. "Before we met and before I became part of the corporate world I was involved in what you might call the "security" business." And with that admission Early begin filling Susan in on a part of his life that he had left behind and had never gone into with her before. In the past he had passed it off as being in the "Service" saying it was inconsequential and boring. Susan had never thought to ask further about that period of Early's life.

Early's revelations about his service time convinced Susan that he could indeed take care of himself. There were details he would have preferred to not go into but felt she was entitled to know the complete truth.

..."And there you have it. Not much left to tell" Early concluded.

Susan sat in quiet contemplation of what she had just heard; looking at Early and seeing something she hadn't seen before. His revelation about his "service" career was at direct odds to the man she had known for the past 10 years. "I would never have guessed you were ever involved in those kind of things, the secrecy and violence. Why have you never told me these things before?" she asked with a quiet intensity.

"Because it didn't belong in our life together. Susan, I did those things because they were my duty and were necessary. I don't enjoy violence. It is not an environment I want to live in. It's not an environment I want you exposed to. I want to exclude it from our lives as much as absolutely possible. But, there are times when it is required and you have to defend yourself and what you believe in. I've learned to operate in that environment if there is a compelling reason to do so. The bottom line is that I love you and want to shield you from that kind of unpleasantry and so, until now, I didn't see any reason to tell you about it. It's as simple as that."

"Does it bother you that I did those things, does it change the way you feel about me?" Early asked after a long silence and Susan had made no response to his revelation.

"No not at all, it is just such a surprise that we've been married for ten years and I didn't have an inkling about that part of you. Early I never had any idea you even knew about things like that, you have always been so caring and gentle. Does it ever bother you, those things you did? Were you embarrassed to tell me?"

"No, I'm not bothered or embarrassed but it's just something I don't believe in advertising. It's generally best if you don't let all of your hole cards show. Having something in reserve can be a significant advantage sometimes. This doesn't apply to you of course, I have never consciously kept anything from you."

The conversation had reach an awkward moment where Susan didn't know what to say and Early didn't know what else to tell her so Early abruptly changed the conversation to his promotion. He outlined what he thought it would mean to their immediate and future lifestyles. He described his new office, the added financial benefits and the other perks that went along with being a VP at Intertec.

Susan's face beamed as she listened to Early talk about his new position, "Early I am so proud of you and so glad for you that I am just bursting at the seams and I know that you will be the best Vice President that Intertec ever had or will ever have."

"Thank you, I hope I can live up to your vision of my abilities."

Early replied with real modesty.

Susan's face turned sad "I wish I had done something to make you proud of me" she said wistfully. "I really do want for you to be proud of me. Now I am further away from that goal than when we first met, I'm not starting out even, I'm starting out in the hole."

Early went to Susan and taking her into his arms he held her tight against him. "Come on now, no more of that kind of talk. You are an intelligent, beautiful woman and an outstanding attorney, your time will come."

The familiar feel of Susan's body against his felt good and as he held her and smelled that special fragrance that identified her as a unique woman Early felt an urge that he had almost forgotten in the events of the past week. Susan felt his erection growing and pressed herself against it and turned her face up to looking expectantly into Early's eyes, "Oh God Early I've missed you."

Susan put her arms around Early's neck and tilting her head up drew him into a passionate kiss. As her passion flared she ground her body against his, feeling his erection hard with his excitement. Their tongues intertwined, Early ran his hands up and down Susan's back, cupping the cheeks of her ass, pulling her tight into him, rubbing his hardened member against her mound. Before long they were tearing at each others clothing until Susan lay naked on the couch looking up at Early through heavy lust laden eyes, her legs spread wide invitingly.

For a moment Early drank in the vision that was his wife and thought of how much he loved her and desired the pleasure of her body. Fleetingly he thought of John Stickner possessing that gorgeous body, that woman that was his and his anger flared hot, joining with his passion. "I'll fucking kill you Stickner" he thought as he hooked his arms behind her knees and bending her nearly double with her ass forced up at him he drove his engorged member deep into her in one motion as hard as he could.

Their coupling was not an expression of love, there was no tenderness, no words of endearment, no slowly reaching a mutual, pleasurable release. It was the forceful taking and claiming of a female by the male, the establishing of an irrefutable claim to her and the banishing and rendering impotent any that had come before. The act was as old and basic as time itself.

As their violent sexual union ran it's course each looked directly at the other with eyes wide open, looking into the depths of the others being. Susan saw something in Early she had never known before, here there was no happy, smiling, good natured Early, here was the alpha male; violent, merciless, conquering. Slowly she yielded to him without reservation.

Early imagined he could see and smell John Stickner on Susan, could feel where he had touched her, possessed her body, left his essence. Then using his engorged cock like a weapon he pounded deeper and harder into her with each stroke, driving out and destroying all hints, all memories, all vestiges of the interloper. Stickner's ghost screamed its pain in Early's mind as with each stroke it was broken and battered into dissolving pieces until disappearing altogether.

Early refocused on the here and now and realized the screaming was coming from Susan and himself as they reached their mutual release in jolting, numbing spasms until they both lay still inhaling great gasps of breath.

For a long time they lay together in silence, Early holding Susan to him, she snuggling against him, each with their own thoughts. Now Susan really understood what it meant to be "taken" by a man. This had not been the considerate gentle love making she had always associated with Early. From the time of their first sexual encounter Early had always been the caring lover, always making sure that it was an expression of love and desire, lifting Susan to the heights of pleasure. It was one of the things that had endeared him to her. The sexual style reflected the man, compassionate, tender, caring and always a joyous expression. This had been none of those, this had been a storm of raw unrestrained sex. He had taken possession of her body and soul, he had spread her wide open and had used his manhood like an all conquering weapon, seizing what he wanted.

Early felt almost at peace for the first time in days, and as his lust blurred awareness became clearer he again became concerned for his wife.

"Susan, are you alright"? he whispered in her ear.

After a long silence Susan opened her eyes and looked intently at Earlys face "Yes my love I am fine now, I'm going to be really sore for a while but I feel marvelous. How are you?"

"Calmer than I have been for a while".

"What do we do now?"

"I don't know about you but I am desperately in need of a shower" Early replied in a dreamy far away voice.

"I think that would be a good idea all things considered, although right this instant I wish we could lay here like this forever. But seriously Early, what do we do now, are we OK, is everything going to be alright?"

"Yes, I think we are going to be alright although we are still a long way from where we want to be" Early replied thoughtfully, then with a grin on his face "Seriously though, a shower really is the most important thing at this very moment."

Without speaking they untangled themselves and went to take a shower. As Early followed Susan he marveled at her heart shaped ass and shapely legs "I had forgotten how gorgeous she is " he thought to himself "how long has it been since I have really given much thought to her? Maybe if I had been paying more attention to her and less to being a "success" none of this would have come about."

Early turned the water on in the shower and fiddled with adjusting the temperature until it felt right "Do you want to go first or do you want me to go first?"

"Why don't we shower together, we can wash each others backs, and things" Susan said with a twinkle in her eye. "It's been a very long time since we've taken a shower together".

"Yes it has" Early replied soberly. "Way too long"

And with that they stepped into the shower and proceeded to gently caress and lather each other until the hot water turned cold.

"How about we go out tonight for dinner?" Early asked as he toweled himself dry.

"I'd love to, where do you want to go?"

"How about The Ponderosa? All of this sudden exercise has given me a hankering for a big juicy steak."

"OK but let's sit in the back where we can be alone and it isn't so noisy, I don't want anything to break this spell,"

They dressed in silence each with their own thoughts. As they started to leave Early detoured to the phone in the study "I'm going to call and see how busy the restaurant is and make sure we can sit where we want, I don't think there will be a problem during the week like this but just to be sure".

Early found the message waiting light blinking and thought, "Someone must have called while we were in the shower, probably Sam from the office " and raising the receiver to his ear, punched the play button.

Standing in the doorway Susan watched as Early listened and the obvious change in his expression told her that it was something that he was not happy about. Almost immediately he punched the erase button and hung up the receiver with more vigor than was really necessary.

"What was that all about" Susan asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.