A Better Man - Book 3 - Cover

A Better Man - Book 3

Copyright© 2023 by G Younger

Chapter 53

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 53 - Are you ready for some football?! USC finally gets to play someone other than themselves, and David Dawson is the day-one starter. His rival, Matt Long, is in the wings, ready to take his spot if he falters. David soon learns that life isn’t fair, but he makes it his goal to be the last man standing.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Humor   School   Sports   Cheating   Group Sex   Orgy   First   Safe Sex   Slow  

Over the last few days, David had focused on the reason for his trip to Dubai: the world premiere of the final Star Academy movie. While Phil, Rory, and Kelli continued to tear up the nightlife, David’s days were filled with interviews, and his evenings occupied doing PR work.

He felt better for leaving the Hollywood playboy persona behind and reverting to his old self. Yes, the sex and debauchery had been a nice change of pace, but at some point, he had to remember it was just a brief vacation from reality. He was a celebrity who young people looked up to and, more importantly, a dad.

Not that he was giving up having sex anytime soon, but it wouldn’t be with rando Insta-Models who would try to rob him for a quick buck.

Even with his change of focus, not all was perfect. Kimberly Osso, his studio handler, was constantly in his face with unneeded direction and unsolicited advice. By now, even his PR guy, Frank, trusted him to do this on his own.

David was wary because he didn’t think Kimberly was looking out for his best interests. He had no doubt she would throw him to the wolves if it meant more ticket sales. It all came to a head that morning.

He found her looking upset as she read something on her phone.

“Someone fighting with you on social media?” David asked as he positioned himself so he could read her screen.

He saw her replying to some asshat who tagged his message with @DavidADawson @KimberlyOsso @StarAcademy. The original message read: ’Saying David A. Dawson works hard is a joke. He’s a spoiled one-percenter who’s an entitled prick. He wouldn’t know real work if it slapped him in the face. Get off your fucking high horse and admit he’s just a spoiled rich douche.’

She fired back with ’No one gave David A. Dawson a thing. He worked hard to earn all his accomplishments. My sources are rock solid, and his success at the box office is undeniable. Talking smack about someone you’ve never met makes you the ignorant douche.’

While he gave her props for having his back against some keyboard warrior, he had an issue with The Hollywood Talk. It was a magazine that wanted David to be their lead story, including a cover photo. Kimberly was pushing him to do it. David looked at the storyboard for the shoot and flat-out refused.

“But it’s nothing you haven’t done before,” Kimberly pressed.

“I don’t care how ’tasteful’ it is,” David said, making air quotes, “I’m still naked. And I have an image to maintain as the all-American boy, not some sex symbol.”

“Even though you are one of the sexiest men under thirty in Hollywood. Your Q score will go through the roof with this shoot and the DavidOnly website, and we think it’s what’s best for the film.”

“Whoever ‘we’ is can kiss my—”

“David!”

He knew that voice anywhere. He slowly turned and saw his mom and dad standing there with Mr. and Mrs. Anderson. Mrs. Anderson, aka Mrs. A, was his mom’s best friend and their former neighbor.

“Mother, I was just explaining that I wasn’t willing to take my clothes off for a photo shoot.”

“Thank goodness,” his dad said with mock amazement. “Our little boy finally outgrew running around naked.”

“We all were worried about him,” Mrs. A said, piling on.

David looked at Mr. A, who shrugged and said, “You have to live your life. Don’t apologize to other people for the decisions you make for yourself.”

David took a moment to absorb that nugget and then changed the subject.

“What brings you all to Dubai?”

“The studio called and offered to fly us out since this would be your last movie premiere for the foreseeable future,” Mom said.

Her saying it out loud made it sort of hit him. She was right: his acting career was all but over until he graduated from college. Even then, he wouldn’t have time to film if he played professional sports. It made him sad because making movies made him happy. Then again, that sadness was offset by the joy he felt playing football. Yeah, he could live with it.

“Who else flew out with you?” David asked.

“From the studio, Paul Andon, his wife, and Jessup Fields. Trip and Halle James as part of the cast, and Lexi, your old PA,” Dad said.

“Don’t forget Phil’s parents,” Mom added.

“Really?” David asked. “Where are they?”

“They’re going up to your suite,” Mom said.

David grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialed Phil’s number.

“Your parents are on their way up,” David warned.

“Too late,” Phil said and hung up.

That didn’t sound good.


In the evening, two days before the big event, David was tasked with hosting an upscale concert at one of Dubai’s larger tennis stadiums. The center of the stadium, where the tennis courts usually sat, had been filled with large round tables covered by white tablecloths. They’d been reserved for the who’s who of Dubai society. The stage was at one end, and the stadium seating would be open to the general public.

Before the concert, he was in the back getting dressed when a haggard-looking older man rushed in.

“Ed Sheeran’s people called, and he’s sick. You’ll have to go on and improvise until our backup act can make it.”

“What do you mean by ‘improvise’?” David asked.

“I don’t know. Entertain them,” the man said and rushed off.

David had learned that fear was inevitable and not always wrong. The best way to handle it was to harness his anxiety and use it to his advantage. As he finished getting dressed, a vague plan started to form in his head.

Tommy Diablos, DJ extraordinaire, was playing light jazz to satisfy the upper crust sitting out front. David shook his head when he saw that the people in front of the stage had just finished eating a gourmet meal and were now being served after-dinner drinks.

He spotted his parents seated at the studio table in the front row off to the left of the stage. The general public had been let in, filling the twenty thousand stadium seats. It was almost time for the show to begin.

One of the stage crew handed him an earpiece and a microphone. In his ear, he heard, “Five minutes until we’re live.”

David slipped over and quickly spoke with Tommy to help him implement his improvised plan. Tommy went through his playlist and confirmed he had all the tunes David had selected.

“Surprise guest star will arrive in fifteen minutes,” David heard.

He would have to kill ten minutes before the concert began. He looked over at the studio table and saw Halle James there, so he sent her a message that she needed to join him backstage. David saw her look at her phone, then toward the stage until she spotted him and gave him the stink eye. But, to his relief, she excused herself and began to make her way to where he was.

She reached his side just as the stadium’s lights dimmed. The PA announced, “Ladies and gentlemen, give a warm Dubai welcome to David A. Dawson, Academy Award-winning actor and star of the upcoming Star Academy movie premiering here in Dubai the day after tomorrow.”

David, decked out in a Ralph Lauren suit, put on his best smile and strode out to the center of the stage to a rousing ovation. It sounded like the people of Dubai loved him.

“Welcome ... welcome ... thank you so much,” David said as the clapping continued. When it began to lessen, he said, “I have some bad news and some good news. Which do you want to hear first?”

People shouted out their preferences.

“Okay, bad news first. Ed Sheeran won’t be able to join us tonight.”

As the crowd groaned, he glanced over at his mom, who looked unhappy. Sheeran was one of her favorite performers, and his dad had shared it was one of the main reasons she’d wanted to come to Dubai.

“The good news is that, in the way only Dubai can do something, I’ve been told a surprise guest has been summoned and agreed to take Ed’s place. I understand they’re on their way from the airport. So you’ll get me for the next few minutes, and I’ve decided to sing,” David announced.

The crowd groaned again, which he used to act as if they’d hurt his feelings.

“Oh, come on,” David whined, mimicking his character in Love Letters, which got a few laughs. “You didn’t seriously think I was going to do this alone, did you?”

They jeered him, so he got a haughty look as Tommy played the Bond music and David strutted around the stage as Ian Bond. He said in his best British accent, “Miss Halle James.”

The crowd liked her, so David was golden when the opening refrains from their holiday song The Gift began. It was the type of ballad the elite sitting down front loved, and they sang along.

When the song ended, David bowed to Halle.

“She makes me sound good, doesn’t she?” David asked the crowd, who cheered her off the stage.

“Since Ed Sheeran couldn’t be with us tonight, maybe you could help me sing his hit, Thinking Out Loud.”

The crowd erupted in a roar that threatened to tear the roof off of the building. They were on their feet when the opening chords began, and David began to sing the iconic song. He held the mic to the crowd, and they took over. It was amazing how well twenty-plus thousand people sounded singing together.

As he reached the end, he heard in his ear, “Your next song is When We Were Young. Go into the audience and select the woman in the red cape to help you sing it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.