Helsing and the Tales of Heroes - Cover

Helsing and the Tales of Heroes

Copyright© 2023 by CMed TheUniverseofCMed

Chapter 18: Marriage, Happiness, and Indistinct Events

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 18: Marriage, Happiness, and Indistinct Events - The year is 2012. Earth has fallen into a new calamity. Monsters have risen to ravage the great cities. A lone human woman fights for her people as Paris burns. It will be up to her and the mythics to solve the mysteries that lie from how it started and perhaps save humanity from annihilation. Please read the disclaimers before reading the story. The book contains Female vampire, Male Human, Male Vampire, Female Human, Love, Sex, Drama, Violence, Action, Blood, Consensual, MF, MF, Intercourse

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Horror   Time Travel   Furry   Magic   Vampires   Demons  

Over a year had passed since the confrontation with Carmilla. Doctor English stood in a well-dressed black and white coat, wearing a white hat, his black tinted glasses, black and white pants, and silver cufflinks. He stood in the reception hall overlooking the exit that led outside. It had been not long after the end of the marriage festival at Felix’s estate. It was mostly dark out, and most of the guests had long since departed.

English was calm and composed. His gloved hands were held behind his back, and he seemed to be reminiscing about the past.

“There he is,” Felix said with a jovial smile. He exited from one of the lounge rooms and saw the doctor standing alone, almost as if he were some guard tending to those who were leaving. English turned to face him.

Lord Felix was dressed in military regalia, befitting of the finest officers of the Austro-Hungarian army. He waved at one of his staff that was busy cleaning the halls before he approached the doctor.

“There’s my son-in-law!” Felix came up and grabbed the doctor’s shoulder. “You disappeared on me. I was going to let you meet my distant cousin, but I couldn’t find you for half an hour.”

“You were quite distracted from everyone,” English replied with a hint of content.

“Heh, I was worried you got scared and ran off.”

“I would never leave your daughter.”

“Relax, English. I was only joking.”

The doctor looked outside the open doors again. Felix could see the next set of wagons that were departing from the estate.

“Quite a party!” Felix said. “And quite a wedding. I think my friends got so drunk that they’re going to be waking up in each other’s houses when they wake up.”

English continued to remain quiet as he watched the outside courtyard. The sun was setting, and Felix seemed to compose himself like the Doctor. He pulled away and grew serious.

“It’s been one year, hasn’t it?” Felix asked him.

“Yes, it has,” the doctor replied.

“At least she never returned, and Ehrenhousen has been at peace.”

“Yes...”

“You’ve done everything to be a part of my family, English. Laura seems so happy to have you with her.”

“It’s only my duty to remain by her side.”

“And you’re a good protector, too.” Felix looked around the place. “I just hope that my place will be befitting you after I’m long gone.”

“Doctor English...,” a male voice echoed behind them. The hint of an Indian accent could be heard. Both Felix and English turned to see an Indian couple that approached them.

It was a man and a woman, both with a mixed complexion to them. They wore a rather interesting assortment of Indian attire. The woman wore a red dress along with a golden head crown. The man had almost blonde hair, most likely dyed, and walked barefoot. His clothes consisted of everything from furs, necklaces, and various serpent-etched bracelets. The couple had their arms wrapped around each other.

“You are leaving?” English asked them.

“Yes,” the unknown man replied. “I just wanted to get a chance to see you before we depart. We know it will be a long time before we will see you again.”

“Ah yes,” Felix greeted them. “So many people that came across my halls today that I can’t keep track of them all. What are your names again?”

“Shiva,” the man replied.

“Yes, and Parmean?” Felix questioned the woman.

“Parvati,” the woman answered with a smile.

“Parvati, a beautiful name for such a wonderful couple. I’m amazed at how much English gets around and meets so many people far and wide.”

“And rarely do we get a chance to interact with the family members of those we care for,” Shiva added. “Thank you for allowing us to witness this marriage.”

“You are always welcome to my estate.”

“Yes, but, in this case, we came here to make sure Doctor English was happy with his decision and to bid him farewell since we know it will be some time before we will see him again.”

“I see.”

“I’m quite sure about my decision,” English said. “People like us have to learn to relax for some time.”

“Just make sure to stay safe in these trying times,” Parvati implied. “The Europeans are in an ever-present state of war.”

“I’m afraid to say that most places on Earth are becoming a higher state of conflict these days. It will only increase as time progresses.”

“A regrettable fact,” Shiva replied.

“It will be fine,” Felix added. “The new Austro-Hungarian alliance is about ensuring peace and stability in Europe.”

“Hmmm ... we’ll see,” Shiva replied. “Farewell..., Doctor English.”

“As do the both of you,” English said.

“We’ll always keep the door open for you when you finally return to us,” Parvati added.

“And take care of yourselves,” Felix said.

With that, the two walked out into the courtyard. English recomposed himself as he stared into the sunset. Felix gave a confused look upon hearing the final statements from the couple.

“Some interesting friends that you have,” Felix told him. “I try to learn more and more about you, and I’m still left with more mysteries.” He took a deep breath. “Well ... Looks like you and Laura will have this home to yourself for the following months to come. I received the letter from the royal family. It looks like Archduke’s family is interested in learning sport shooting. They are interested in having some ... trained professionals teach their family members on how to hunt, especially Archduke Ludwig’s oldest boy, Ferdinand, I believe his name was. Would you still be interested in coming with me?”

“No thanks,” English replied. “My place is with your daughter.”

“I imagined you would say that,” Felix said, smiling at him. “I don’t mind getting a chance to leave this estate now that you’re here. It will give Laura more tasks for her to do, and you can help her along the way. Well...,” Felix tapped the man’s shoulder. “I’ll leave you alone, son.”

Felix left the doctor behind and returned deeper into the household’s interior. There was silence in the hallway after the lord left him. Only the dim sounds of the maid sweeping could be heard.

English felt something calling him. He exited the home and walked into the courtyard. A few individuals were still there. A guard and a couple were waiting for the carriage to take them away. One of the men even waved at the doctor, who responded courteously.

But that wasn’t the reason why English was out there. Somebody else was there.

Lilith was sitting by one of the stone benches. She was neatly dressed, while her red hair flowed in the calm wind. Even then, her black dress only got darker as the light faded. Her human appearance only made her seem innocent, as the party had all but died out. She didn’t even glance in the doctor’s direction when the doctor approached her.

“So, you decided to finally show yourself,” Helsing greeted her. His voice didn’t show any gratitude.

“Yes...,” Lilith said with a hint of despise. “And I know what you’re going to say.”

“What am I going to say?” the man asked. He sat down on the bench near her but also refused to look at her.

“That you’re angry at me...”

“You failed many times for almost a year. You criticized me for staying behind to guard my future wife when Carmilla escaped Karnstein. Then you criticized me for nearly killing Carmilla at the same time. Then you criticize me for marrying Laura and only finally show up after the marriage festival concluded.”

“I’m not angry at you for letting her escape. I should have been there to confront her, but you faced off against her anyway. Why didn’t you summon me to help you?”

“Because you would have let her get through to you. You and Carmilla were too close.”

“Was that your definite reason or the fact that Carmilla was the first time you ever faced off against a true opponent? You had something to prove, wasn’t it?”

“I had to stop the threat against this village and to protect Laura.”

Lilith’s hands gripped the stone bench hard. “It’s a convenient excuse to hide behind, but I know better.”

“You coddled me too much,” Helsing countered. “You kept encouraging the Coalition to put me on ... less risky assignments when my skills were being underutilized.”

“I was trying to protect my only son. Don’t I reserve that right?”

“Not when your child eventually needs to go out and venture on his own. By committing to your actions, it took me much longer to gain the necessary expertise. Carmilla was one of those learning experiences.”

Lilith sighed. “And apparently, you fought well ... from what Empusa told me. Both Dracula and I trained Carmilla to fight long ago. She was ... quite meticulous in how she executed those around her. I saw it as a necessity. She saw it as an art.”

“And she escaped.”

“And ... she escaped,” Lilith frowned. “The one time, and she escaped from our grasp. You wounded her and stopped Empusa from pursuing her to safeguard Laura.”

“And myself.”

“From a confrontation that could have been planned better. Instead, you charged into it.”

“I planned it well enough. Carmilla hasn’t returned.”

“Where she can murder again.”

“I cannot anticipate every single action that will occur,” Helsing countered. “Nor can you. One year ago, I fought another vampire, and yet it was Empusa who had to fetch reinforcements. Why? Carmilla and I made quite a large wake of magic use, and yet, there was no investigation until Empusa sought help. By the time help arrived, Carmilla was long gone. Where were you when all this happened?”

Lilith had no answer for some time. She almost didn’t even want to answer.

“I see...,” Helsing continued. “You attack my actions. You try to protect me, follow me at times, and yet, when I’m in danger, nothing happens. You are hypocritical.”

“I was busy in Russia!” Lilith slapped her knees. “How would I have known you were going after Carmilla that night? Again, you just went in and didn’t tell me.”

“I sense there is more to this. The Coalition didn’t care if I killed Carmilla that night. Yet, there was one person who protested, and it was you. You have done nothing but countermand my actions.”

“She was my friend...,” Lilith said. “What else was I supposed to say?”

“Does a friend end the lives of so many villagers? What about stalking a little girl? How about the fact that you want to save her for yourself? You are selfish. You thought more about yourself than me.”

Lilith shook her head. “I wish your father was here. He would have set us straight.”

“But, he isn’t ... not anymore. Immortality has its price.”

“Just as it will with you,” Lilith countered. “How long will your wife live?”

Helsing looked at Lilith. The hint of a scowl appeared on his face. “You bring that question up when every member of the Coalition chooses to have a mortal for a mate. You, yourself, chose to be with a mortal.”

“I don’t want you to experience that loss.”

“I just made that argument and why I shouldn’t have been held back. It’s my business to be with Laura, not yours.”

“But I’ve seen the patterns with the human race, Helsing,” Lilith explained. “The steam engine, their technology, it’s advancing at a rapid pace. They will expand faster before they master their instincts. Even 50 years from now, then what? What about 100 years? At this rate, the humans will have wars that expand the world. The Coalition will be pressed more and more. You’re just going to sideline yourself, just to be with her?”

“All the more reason why I will protect her. Shiva and Parvati even understand this. Would you expect me to argue against you from finding another husband?”

“But not at this time!”

“And when is the best time?” Helsing questioned. “The Coalition of Deities is not designed to interfere with mortal affairs regardless of what they do to themselves. No time is the best time, so I choose now. My question to you is, why do you care about my departure when you complained that the Coalition sees us as trinkets or pets?”

“Because I know they see us as inferior to them. The Greater Ones can wipe us out with almost a snap of the wrist. But...,” she seemed to regret saying it. “I’ve seen more of what they’re supposed to be. They aren’t as bad as I once thought they were. But, it doesn’t deny that fact they still see vampires as insignificant.”

Helsing looked away. “My choice is clear. I chose to be with Laura. Your opinion doesn’t matter, and your actions have said it all to me. You choose to avoid my wedding until after it’s concluded. Nothing more needs to be said. I suggest that you try to ... think back on these events and know that I’m disappointed in you, Lilith.”

Helsing turned around and began to leave.

“Wait,” Lilith said. The man stopped but didn’t look at her.

“Something does bother me, though,” the doctor commented. “I never figured out why Carmilla saved those bottles of blood. Her actions ... don’t really make sense.”

Lilith shook her head. “Carmilla wouldn’t have gotten far with creating new vampires. I’m the only one who knows how to do it, and her actions would have ended in failure. But she would have still been desperate to try it.”

“Perhaps...,” The doctor commented as he started to walk away from her.

“I’m...” She tried to say it, but she paused. “She’ll bring happiness to you, but she will wither and die.”

“All the more reason I should remain with her until then,” Helsing replied. It was the last thing that he said to her before he left her behind.

Lilith gripped her hands close to her. She cringed and closed her eyes. Her hands went to her face as if she hated herself and the current course of events. It was almost as if she cursed herself or the existence of everything. Finally, she got up and left the courtyard, leaving her son behind. She disappeared into the growing night...


Helsing closed the door of Laura’s room and locked it with his key. He took a deep breath and turned to look at her.

The room itself had remained almost unchanged except for a larger bed and a few rocking chairs placed not far from the bookshelf. The windows were sealed shut and blocked off to help maintain an ever-present darkness.

In the corner of the room, sitting on a small rocking chair, was Laura, with a blanket wrapped over her body. Her exposed arms held onto a book with one hand as she used a magnifying glass to help her read quietly. The only hint of light came from the small lantern placed by her cabinet drawer.

“How are you?” Laura asked Helsing. The serene voice and calm in her tone were marked by peacefulness established after a festive mood.

“Well enough,” Helsing calmly replied to her. He stood not far from her. “Hmm ... Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

“I know,” she smiled. “I finally get married, and even on my own wedding day, I find myself still reading.” She put a bookmark over the pages and closed the book before putting it on her lap.

“I can make arrangements to have many books brought here, although my libraries may not coincide with what you may enjoy.”

“The more, the better.”

Helsing smiled a little bit. He sat down next to her in the adjacent rocking chair before holding onto her hand.

“You don’t need to wear those glasses, husband,” she told him. “The room has been made for your eyesight.”

“You are right,” Helsing commented before reaching up and taking his glasses off. “The servants even make sure to respect our privacy.”

“I promise you that no one will know your secret. It’s safe with me.”

“I know you will.”

“Those names that I heard,” Laura remarked. “So many names that are familiar to me. Shiva, Parvati, Taweret, and Ariadne. All your friends that showed up. They are all the names of gods.”

“Indeed, they are.”

Laura put her book on the table. “I hope they make more visits to see me ... and I hope to finally meet your mother one day.”

“I imagine they will.” Helsing looked away a little bit, which Laura noted. She didn’t let it phase her thoughts.

“We are married, are we not?” she asked him.

“Of course. What is it th...?”

His question was interrupted as Laura took the blanket off of her. In doing so, she revealed that she was completely naked underneath. Helsing lightly nodded his head to her.

“I think it’s fair,” she said to him. “That even we have our most basic instincts that need to be fulfilled.”

They both stood up and held their hands facing one another. The faint glow of the light radiated through her pale, naked frame.

“Somehow,” she said to him. “I wonder if I will bear your child.”

“We can always summon help,” he explained. “I know of...,”

She shook her head. “No magic ... no help. Let nature find its course for us. If it’s meant to be, then let it. If not, then so be it.”

He nodded his head. “Of course.” He removed his hands from her and began to remove his gloves.

Her hand caressed his cheek before grasping his gloves. “No, I will carry the honor of undressing you before we take each other’s virginity.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.