Helsing and the Tales of Heroes - Cover

Helsing and the Tales of Heroes

Copyright© 2023 by CMed TheUniverseofCMed

Chapter 14: The Doctor

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 14: The Doctor - The year is 2012. Earth has fallen into a new calamity. Monsters have risen to ravage the great cities. A lone human woman fights for her people as Paris burns. It will be up to her and the mythics to solve the mysteries that lie from how it started and perhaps save humanity from annihilation. Please read the disclaimers before reading the story. The book contains Female vampire, Male Human, Male Vampire, Female Human, Love, Sex, Drama, Violence, Action, Blood, Consensual, MF, MF, Intercourse

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Horror   Time Travel   Furry   Magic   Vampires   Demons  

The sun was setting on the current day. However, one could barely tell. The storm clouds hinted at the occasional lightning strike. A slight drizzle filled the landscape, producing a dark gray environment that was only getting darker.

Not far from the gate, a man and his dog approached the small castle. Dressed in a long white hat, white overcoat, boots, and glasses, the man seemed to have but one purpose: to confront the guard at the gate. One hand was held behind his back. On his other hand was the leash for his dog. He calmly reached the closed gate as the guard opened it slightly.

“Halt!” the guard yelled out. “Who goes there!?”

“You need a Doctor,” the man replied without a hint of emotion. “I heard the Lord’s daughter is in need of care.”

“You’re...?” the guard looked at the man. The doctor remained still. His tinted glasses made it difficult to see his face. The gloved hands held the leash outward. The dog was seemingly odd. It was a German Shepard with a gold and red collar. The silver chain was short and tight. The animal had been sitting comfortably, tongue lapping in the air. However, the notable appearance of a bronze peg leg could be seen on the back left leg. It almost looked like a bronze bracelet clamped onto the entire ligament. The dog was completely unfazed by it like it was used to having it.

“Summon your Lord,” the doctor directed.

“Ah ... of course,” the guard reacted. The man turned toward the castle. “Lord Felix! A Doctor has arrived!”

The doctor remained quiet and stern. The hint of a flash of lightning could be seen. The dog groaned as the man waited. It turned its head to the man, where the doctor looked at his animal companion. It didn’t take long for the butler to come out.

“Patience...,” he said to the dog.

“You are a Doctor!?” the butler yelled out in question.

“Yes,” the man responded.

“Good! Good! Let him in.” The butler waved him in.

The doctor kept the same stance and posture as he walked past the gates. The dog followed almost in step with him. The butler was the first to greet him.

“May I escort you in, sir?” the butler asked.

“Yes, you may,” the doctor replied.

“And how may I address you?”

In the interior, by the grand door of the home, Lord Felix stood at the ready. He watched as the butler, the stranger, and his pet approached the door. The way the doctor walked was that of not only a gentleman but a man of control. He never swaggered and always kept his other hand behind his back. They stopped to greet Felix.

“My Lord,” the butler said. “May I present Doctor English. Doctor English, you stand before Lord Felix.”

There was a crack of lightning that only seemed to phase the butler by the slightest. Lord Felix felt apprehensive but relieved.

“Thank God,” Felix said. “Doctor English. Were you sent by Baron Vordenberg?”

“Not directly,” English calmly replied.

“You speak the English language?”

“Yes, I do. I’m quite fluent in it.”

“By your leave, sir?” the butler asked.

“Yes,” Felix replied. “Doctor English, your clothes must be drenched. I can make way to dry your attire or supply you with some temporary attire.”

“That won’t be necessary,” English replied. “However, do you have a place for my dog?”

“Yes, and what is your dog’s name, may I ask?”

“Empusa,” English looked at his dog. “You know what needs to be done ... thank you.”

With that, English handed the leash to the butler. Empusa was quite cooperative and responded with ease as the animal shook herself dry near the entrance.

“My apologies, sir,” the butler said. Both he and the animal proceeded down the hall.

“Don’t worry about it,” Felix replied. He turned to look at the doctor. “English, please follow me.”

The doctor followed alongside Laura’s father in short steps with both hands wrapped behind his back. It didn’t take much observation to note that Lord Felix was much taller than him by a foot.

“Thank the heavens,” Lord Felix said. “I sent notices far and wide for medical help.”

“You are quite fortunate to have my presence. Have no fear. I’m a Doctor, well-versed in medicine, general care, along with other notable abilities that you may find beneficial.”

“It’s my daughter, Laura,” Felix explained. They continued to walk down the reception hall. “She fell ill this morning. She is weak with fever and can barely move.”

“Leave me with the prognosis. I would like to see the patient.”

“Right, we are almost there.”

It didn’t take long after passing a series of closed doors before they reached the door of interest. English began to look at the wood. Before Felix had a chance to open the door, English put his gloved hand to it and began to quickly brush his fingers along it.

“What are you doing?” Felix asked.

“Checking something,” English said as his curiosity was sated. “Proceed.”

Laura’s father opened the door to reveal the main room of Laura. As he stepped in, he gestured for English to step in. English followed suit. He took a quick glance at the room. He could see Laura breathing hard on the bed. The maid had a warm cloth put over Laura.

“This is my daughter, Laura,” the father introduced her.

“I need to know what things she has been in contact with,” English asked.

“Ummm ... books mostly,” Felix answered. “She reads in the study, the room near the main entrance.”

“Foods, drink. I need a list of the last couple of days. This includes contact with individuals.”

“Right ... I will have a full list of everything she ate.”

“Who? ... Ah...,” Laura grumbled on the bed. She stirred.

“Miss ... please remain still,” the maid said.

“I will take care of all this,” English directed her. Felix waved his finger at the maid, and she was quick to get off the chair. The doctor reached into his coat and pulled out a stethoscope. He wore it around his neck and observed the weakened woman.

“Laura,” the doctor greeted her. “My name is Doctor English. I will be your personal physician and caretaker for as long as you’re ill.”

“I ... thank you,” Laura replied. “I don’t ... think ... I’m poisoned.”

“I will be the judge of that,” English answered. He dawned his stethoscope and leaned over her. He placed the diaphragm on the woman’s chest.

“Breath in...,” English said. She did as she was told. “Now exhale ... breathe in ... and exhale.” English put aside his medical instrument, sat down, and pulled out a pencil and notepad before jotting down his notes. He then reached for her wrist.

“There was ... bite marks on her wrist,” Felix said.

“Noted,” English said, seeing it. He then put his fingers on the wrist and began to count.

“What are you doing?”

“I will need time with Laura,” English said. “Please give me a few minutes.”

“It’s ok, Dad,” Laura added.

“Very well, I will remain outside.”

With that, Felix and the maid left the room. This left just English and Laura. For the woman, she observed the white-dressed physician. The glasses served as a natural mask for the man. She couldn’t see past it. However, she could still see his pale complexion and facial inflections.

“Possible Bradycardia,” English said as he pulled his hands off her. “Although unlikely. 41 Beats per minute.” He jotted down his notes before pulling out a thin mercury-enclosed tube. “Laura, any pain?”

“My chest hurts.”

“How badly?”

“Not ... horrible, but it does hurt.”

“Open your mouth. I’m putting this thermometer under the base of your tongue. Do not bite down on it.”

Laura did as she was told as she felt the measuring device rest underneath her tongue. While this was happening, English pulled the side of her nightgown to expose the bite marks on her neck.

“Two-needle insertion marks spaced the same on both sets of wounds,” the doctor said. He then put his hand to her forehead. He then pulled the thermometer away from her mouth and read the results.

“You are quite lucky,” English remarked. “You are in poor health, but you will live.”

“What happened?” Laura asked.

“It’s not a fever. I strongly doubt that you have a disease as well.”

“I don’t recall being poisoned.”

“I will be the final judge on that. When did these marks appear?”

“This ... morning.”

“I see. Do you take any medications?”

“No.”

English began to jot down everything. After getting some of the preliminary questions out of the way, he reached into his coat and pulled out a small glass bottle. He uncorked it and pulled out a single white pill. There was already a glass of water that was by the cabinet next to the bed. He reached for it before giving both to her.

“Laura, I need you to swallow this,” he directed her. She did as she was told. English helped her sit up a little bit before she tossed the pill into her mouth and began to drink. Laura noticed that English was holding onto her back a little longer than expected.

The woman could feel a hint of energy enter into her system. A sense of relief filled her slowly at first. It was as if her fatigue was going away. Even a hint of color was returning to her as well. English went and had a seat before jotting down his notes.

“I gave you some medicine,” he explained. “It’s only temporary, but it will help.” He took his hands and pressed them to her wrists. He started to count again.

“I ... feel a little bit better,” she said.

“50 beats per minute.” He released her. “Better...”

Laura was well enough that she was more coherent. Her breathing was more regular. But, she was completely focused on the physician.

“Doctor ... English ... you know English?” She asked.

“Quite fluent,” he answered.

“What did you really give me?”

“I gave you medicine.”

She shook her head. “I saw you pull out something pink from your sleeves. It was in your left hand touching my back.”

English’s brow lifted almost as if he wasn’t expecting that. “Very astute, Laura.” The doctor twisted his hand and unveiled a pink crystal. “You can call it a healing crystal.” He twisted his hands and wrist before it disappeared into his sleeve. “You are the first to catch me using that.”

“What does it do?”

“I use it to heal, although its abilities are still somewhat limited depending on the injury received.”

“Magic?”

English didn’t answer. He remained quiet before he resumed writing on his pad.

“What bit you?” he asked her.

“I ... remember a dream,” she explained. “I dreamed of a cat that appeared in my room. Then she bit me twice.”

“Where?”

“On the ... wrist and neck,” she realized what she just said.

“What can you describe about the cat?”

“A black cat, no stripes or anything peculiar.”

“What type of breed?” He was jotting down all of it in his notes.

“I ... don’t know. It was just black all over.”

“Did it lounge at you immediately or take its time?” he asked.

“It ... didn’t attack until I was holding it close.”

“Why were you holding it close to you?”

“Why are these questions important?”

“Because I can figure out what happened.”

“I hardly doubt knowing a dream can cure me from what happened.”

“Let’s say that I can solve many of your problems.”

“Ok,” she answered. “I was cold and ... it was cute.”

“Why were you cold?”

“Because ... because,” she stumbled in how she answered. English looked at her.

“What are you afraid of?”

“It’s ... a little personal.”

“Doctor confidentiality. I assure you that I won’t tell anyone what happened unless I have your permission.”

“Ok ... I was naked. There were no blankets ... nothing for me to stay warm.”

“Hmmm,” the doctor nodded and jotted it down.

She was observing him closely. English stood up and put his notepad and pencil away. He stood up and began to look around. His hand was at his chin as if he was contemplating.

“You are very fortunate, Laura,” English explained. “Others that were in your situation don’t usually do too well.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“In fact ... most don’t usually survive these forms of attacks at all ... unless there was some reason to it.”

“Attack? You almost make it sound like it was more than some disease.”

“Hmmm...” English checked the bed. “I do not see any animal hair. I will need to investigate it if you get off the bed.”

“It was a dream,” she said.

“But not like this. Not in this fashion.” He walked over to the door before looking at the window. “Do you know the direction the cat came from?”

“I couldn’t ... it was too dark to tell, but it was near your direction.”

“Do you keep your door closed when you sleep?”

“Yes. However, occasionally, the attendants will leave it cracked open by accident.”

English took a knee before putting his gloved hand on the bottom corner of the door. His fingers were scanning the floor. Laura was noting more about him.

“You are wearing something beneath your white coat,” Laura said.

“Of course I am,” he said.

“But a black cloak?”

“Hmm...,” his fingers fished out some dirt. It was difficult for Laura to tell what English was looking at, but he put his hand into his coat and pulled out a small vial. He uncorked it and put the pieces of debris into it before putting it away. The man stood up to face her and began to look at the interior room.

English could see the layout of Laura’s room. On one side was a small treasure trove of books, where the entire wall was built to house them. The carpet was thin but soft. There were two windows, both closed. The doctor looked closely at the books. His fingers danced on the bindings.

“You enjoy reading?” he asked her.

“Very much,” she answered.

“I noticed the magnifying lens you use for reading, placed next to you by your bed,” the doctor continued to observe the books before pulling one out. “Gulliver’s Travels.”

“I love that story.”

“Indeed, you can learn a lot about an individual by what they read.” He put the book back into its place before pulling another one out. “The Art of War from Sun Tzu.”

“He is very smart.”

English, put the book back. “Your tastes are quite ... intriguing.”

“How so?”

“For a woman, you have literature, scientific journals, and history books. Most women of your class would be reading romance novels. No insult is intended, of course.”

“You ... like what I read?”

“It shows to me that you wish to learn about your environment, more than just reading some fantasy story, but to learn about the actual things that happen around you.”

“But is it alright to enjoy both?”

“Actually, yes.” English looked at the windows. “How often are those windows opened?”

“Barely.”

“You prefer privacy.”

“Do you like to read, Doctor?”

“A man of my profession requires me to read often, so yes.”

“Have you read some of Mark Twain’s literature?” she asked.

“I’m afraid to say that I don’t read current literature.”

“You prefer older stories?”

“Usually, but not always.”

She smiled at him, which the Doctor saw. However, he didn’t show any emotional inflection to it.

“You seemed pleased,” he said.

“Just ... feeling better,” she replied.

“This is temporary, but I believe you will still make a full recovery regardless.”

“Do you know what happened?”

“I’m attempting to solve that, but I’m narrowing it down. Some of it is more obvious than it seems. I’m curious. Do you sleep with a nightgown or prefer to sleep nude?”

“I ... um...”

“It’s all right, Laura.”

“Nightgown ... always.”

“The dream you had was uncomfortable for you ... like it was designed to...,” he looked around.

“It was just a dream.”

“Yet, the bite marks would suggest otherwise. You have no animals in this household, correct?”

“None. You seem to be ... a smart man, Doctor English,” Laura complimented him. “Where did you become a Doctor?”

“Here in Austria. Curious, how does an English family move to here?”

“My dad can better answer this. But I was born here. My mother is Austrian, my dad British.”

“Yet, your primary language is English.”

“I could say the same thing as you, Doctor. Most of the finest literature is written in English. My father felt it was best for me to know both languages. But what about you?”

There was a moment that he held back from answering that. Laura noted it. However, the Doctor finally relented.

“Let’s just say that I have a similar argument as yours,” he answered. “Although it’s easier to argue that English is less useful here than elsewhere. Laura, if you excuse me, I will need to converse with your father. I’m sure that he is more worried about you than his own self.”

She chuckled a little bit. “He can be a little bit protective with me.”

He nodded before he left the room. As the door closed behind him, Laura felt a sense of warmth. Doubt was replaced with hope. It radiated in her mind, even if it was a minor set of events.

“Doctor,” Felix reacted to him after he exited the room and closed the door behind him. “Please tell me some good news.”

“Your daughter will live, Lord Felix,” English explained. “It wasn’t a fever as you believed. However, I have a number of questions to bring up to you.”

“Let’s head to the study.”

“Not so fast. Tonight, you should post a guard at the door. With the exception of servants to tend to Laura’s needs, nobody is to enter her room tonight.”

“Truly?” Felix huffed. “Let’s head to the study. Something tells me that I’m not going to like this.”

“Hmmm.”

Both the Doctor and Felix entered the study. Felix closed the door behind him and had a seat. English followed suit to face the man in front of him.

“Talk to me,” Felix requested.

“Your daughter is stable,” English explained. “However, I do not believe she is ill. I believe that she was attacked.”

“What?” Laura’s father recoiled a little bit on his chair. “But how?”

“You misconstrued her body heat for high temperatures. She had below temperatures. Her fatigue combined with the lack of strength is all reminiscent of blood loss.”

“She lost blood?”

“I will need to convey with the servants. Make sure that she didn’t lose a lot of blood naturally. However, the bite marks are the gravest concern.”

“A beast ... I saw the wounds on her.”

“The marks are caused by needles designed to withdraw blood while avoiding killing the host. It is the most efficient way possible.”

“Most efficient way, what?”

“Something, or someone, wanted to harvest blood from your daughter. Lord Felix, is she a virgin by any chance?”

“Yes ... I’m pretty sure that she is.”

English had his hands pressed together as he sat. “Do you know of any cults in this village? Those that have a desire to conduct rituals that would involve virgin blood?”

“None that I know of.” Lord Felix shook his head. “The very idea is repulsive.”

“Naturally. I need to know if you have made any enemies. Those that would want to hurt you by hurting your daughter.”

“Oh...,” He frowned. “I have a few, but none that would ever go this far. Anybody that wanted me dead would just come up to me and do it.”

“I see,” English reached into his coat and pulled out his pencil and paper. He started to write.

“Doctor English, I feel that I must go and summon Baron Vordenberg’s forces. He has plenty of soldiers to spare. I know that you are just a physician.”

“Not entirely true. I’m an investigator as well.”

“A healer and an investigator? It looks like I have been truly blessed.”

“If you need more soldiers, make sure to have them provide protection for you and your daughter. Do any of the servants hold any ill will toward you?”

“None, and if that were the case, I would let them go.”

Helsing continued to write as he questioned him. “Keep in mind,” he told Laura’s father. “That I have not concluded my analysis of what happened to Laura. I have given her medication that will help keep her stable. In the meantime, she will have to remain in bed for the next day. Afterward, I believe she will be able to walk.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.