Helsing and the Tales of Heroes - Cover

Helsing and the Tales of Heroes

Copyright© 2023 by CMed TheUniverseofCMed

Chapter 13: When You Need A Friend

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13: When You Need A Friend - The year is 2012. Earth has fallen into a new calamity. Monsters have risen to ravage the great cities. A lone human woman fights for her people as Paris burns. It will be up to her and the mythics to solve the mysteries that lie from how it started and perhaps save humanity from annihilation. Please read the disclaimers before reading the story. The book contains Female vampire, Male Human, Male Vampire, Female Human, Love, Sex, Drama, Violence, Action, Blood, Consensual, MF, MF, Intercourse

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Horror   Time Travel   Furry   Magic   Vampires   Demons  

There was a haze that flowed...

A little girl with pale skin and blond hair, wearing nothing but a single polka-dotted dress, walked down a green meadow. She had to be no more than six years old. A gentle breeze would hit her as she traversed through the location. Her legs occasionally brushed against dandelions in the area, sending numerous seeds to float into the air.

“Hello?” the girl said in English. She walked up the small hill. Her bare feet would press against the soft grass. The sun was shining, being a clear, beautiful day.

“Daddy?” the girl asked. “Daddy, where are you?”

There was no answer. The girl continued to climb the small hill. There was a hint of anxiety from the child. She had no prior memory from before, but she swore that she wasn’t supposed to be alone. However, in an entire place of beauty, it was surprisingly empty.

She reached the top of the hill. From there, the little girl could see a haze of black. The landscape beyond the meadow was dark, almost as if it was filled with death. She started walking down the hill, closer to a place she had no choice but to traverse.

“Dad!” the little girl called out again.

She was exposed. Her heart began to pound as she walked further and further into the decayed landscape. The grass crumpled into dust underneath her feet. The trees were dying and rotting, threatening to fall into the dirt. It didn’t take long before the girl found her destination. It was a broken-down house. The wood paneling was threatening to fall off the sides. The hints of nails and broken glass sat by the windows and interior.

The girl grabbed onto her arms. She looked back at the hill from where she came from. The green grass had turned brown, almost as if it died out. However, she couldn’t see past the haze that surrounded her.

“Laura...,” the name whispered in the air. It was said so quietly and had a feminine wisp to it.

“Hello?” the girl called out. She looked at the entrance of the house. It didn’t take long before she reached the steps. She climbed up before she stood on the porch. Her feet pressed against the damaged wood paneling.

“Laura...,” the name whispered again. This time, it was more pronounced. It was coming from the interior of the house.

“Who’s there?” the girl yelled.

“Come in ... it’s safe in here.”

The child felt inclined by the voice. Each time it spoke, she could decipher it as a female voice. The cool embrace of the house seemed welcoming. The moment that the little girl walked into the house, a series of green vines began to enwrap around the door. Various flowers of red and yellow grew along them. The girl could see the same type of vines also growing over the windows. Her ability to escape was blocked.

“Ummm ... who’s there?” the girl asked.

The interior of the house was almost empty. The wooden panels of the floor creaked and groaned even with the lightweight pressed against it. It seemed to reverberate inside. There were only a couple of rooms, but the place seemed lifeless. As the vines fully encapsulated the windows, it grew darker and darker.

The girl made a step forward when she tripped.

“Ahh!” the girl yelped. Her arms and hands impacted the floor. However, a sharp pain hit her in the chest. Instinctively, the girl rolled to her side as the burning sensation resided.

“Owie!” the girl continued. Her hand went to the left side of her chest. From there, she pulled her hand to see blood.

“Daddy! DADDY!” the child yelled out. “Help me. I fell!”

She squirmed as there was more dripping of blood. It didn’t take long to see that she fell upon an exposed nail that came out of the woodwork. It punctured near her left breast. However, it wasn’t enough to completely impale her, but it was enough to send a shock to her. Scared and confused, she began to cry. Her breathing intensified.

“Shhh...” a faint hush reverberated near the girl. “I can help you.”

The child could see another girl walk up next to her. Unlike the other, this one had brown hair. She wore a similar dress but with red flowers on it. She leaned down to be next to her.

“I’m hurting...,” the child said.

“Hold still, okay?” the other kid replied.

The injured child watched as the brown-haired girl waved her hand near the spot where she was bleeding. She pressed the palm before wiping downward over the wound. Suddenly, the pain stopped. In less than a second, the blood was completely gone.

Seeing that she was in pain, the child put her hands to her chest before noticing that the injury was nonexistent. It was almost as if it shouldn’t exist at all. The girl looked at it as she felt completely better.

“Are you okay?” the brown-haired girl asked.

“No owies,” the other girl reacted. A smile appeared on her face.

“Yay,” the other girl reacted in happiness. She clapped her hands. “What’s your name?”

“My name is Laura,” the blond girl said. “What’s your name?”

“Mine is Miracalla.”

The two stood up as they faced each other. The kids seemed happy. All around them, the house began to lighten up. The wood started to restore itself. Broken candles would repair themselves and give off a flame. Darkness was given light.

“I can’t leave,” Laura said.

“Don’t leave,” Miracalla replied. “It’s dangerous. Outside is scary.”

“Why?”

“Monsters ... Monsters hurt mommy and daddy. Safe here.”

Laura looked at the entrance. The rejuvenation of the house was astounding. There was furniture, toys, and even cabinets stowed with food. Candy and various other sweets were stowed to be taken. It put a smile on the kid’s face.

“You live here?” Laura asked.

“Safe here,” Miracalla replied. “I play and have fun.”

“No brothers or sisters?”

“None ... and you?”

Laura shook her head. “You sound ... lonely.”

“I have no friends.”

“Me neither. You ... you could be my friend.”

“You can? Yay!”

Miracalla quickly hugged the other girl. However, Laura turned around. She found the nail that injured her earlier. She went to pull it out of the floor. As she did, a devilish grin appeared on Miracalla’s face. It was brief before Laura ripped the nail out and handed it to her.

“So nobody goes owie when they come in,” Laura said.

“Thank you, my friend.”

There was a flash of light...

In seconds, Laura’s eyes had gone dark, replaced by the darkness of her actual room. She stirred as she looked around.

“Mommy!?” Laura called out. She was in her bed. In seconds, she was reminded of the grim reality of the present. The child shook in her sheets. A tear ran down her face.

“Where’s mommy?” Laura called out.

“Laura?” a male voice called out by her room. In seconds, the door opened up. Her father had arrived.

“Daddy?” the child said.

“Baby girl, are you alright?” He carried a candle while he stepped into the room. It didn’t take long before he sat down on the small bed next to her.

Laura’s father had a short beard, trousers, and jerkin that he wore. However, the low light made it difficult to tell much of his appearance. His concerned face said it all.

“I had a dream,” she said.

“Scary dream?”

“It was scary, but ... I had a friend. Is ... is mommy coming home?”

The father gave a sorrowful look to her. “Laura ... you know she’s been gone for two days.” He put his hand to her face. “She’s ... I’m sorry.”

“I miss her...,” she cried.

“Me too, little one ... me too.” The father rested the candle on the cabinet before he gave a hug to her. The man tried to remain tough, but even the hint of a tear ran down the side of his face as well. He petted her blond hair. “I promise to take care of you ... I promise...”


The year was 1872. Twelve years had passed. The small castle was beautiful despite its older age. It consisted of a single tower, a small mansion, a vast garden, and a single fence that wrapped around the entire property. Nighttime was in full abundance. A single guard walked around the yard’s perimeter carrying a lantern and flintlock.

From past the fence was the full moon that illuminated the mountainous landscape of Austria. The remote location of the castle didn’t make it particularly a fortress, but it still served as a landmark of the region. It was a checkpoint for travelers while serving as a place for the elite. The main house rested in the castle’s interior, where a young blond woman was quietly reading. Dressed in a blue silk dress with a raised monocle, she sat on her rocking chair, devoted only to her book. A candle provided enough illumination in her room so that she could read the book in her possession. The spacious interior was a treasure trove of books.

“Laura!” a male voice called out. The woman’s reading was interrupted. She put a bookmark into her book before closing it up.

“Yes, father?” Laura replied. Her voice was much older now than what she initially sounded like. It was replaced with less emotion and calm.

The door opened to reveal a middle-aged man. Dressed in a jacket, tunic, long trousers, long hat, and cane, the bearded man carried the same sway he did several years ago. A hint of a smile could be seen on his face as he held onto the candle to light his way.

“What are you reading now?” her father asked her.

“The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain,” Laura said with a hint of a smile.

“That’s the third time you’ve read it.”

“I know. He’s supposed to come out with a new book this year.” She cradled the book to her chest. “What did you want, father?”

“I ... ended up with some bad news,” the father stepped next to her. “Bertha Rheinfeldt ... passed away.”

“The General’s niece?” The words sank into her mind. “What happened?”

“I haven’t received word of how she died. I just know that Speilsdorf is greatly upset. He’s had to cancel a meeting with me so he can handle the funeral arrangements.”

“That’s terrible...,” Laura shook her head.

“I know,” the father gave a sorrowful look. “I just wish that you ... had a companion instead of being cooped up in this castle.”

“I don’t see the point of going out there, father. It’s ... too dangerous.”

“It’s far from true. You never go and see the sun. By God’s grace, you almost seem to walk at night more than the day. Even a little bit of sun seems to cook you. Damn ... I wish that didn’t happen.”

The father walked up to the window. He pulled the curtain to look outside. From there, he could see the open main gate.

“It hasn’t been the same since your mom died,” the father continued. “I miss her so much.”

“Me too,” Laura replied.

“She might have left us her big fortune, but I would trade it all to be with her again. At least you carry a lot of her likeness.”

Laura smiled a little bit upon hearing that.

“I know for one thing,” he turned to look at her and continued. “She would be happy to see her money be used to expand that library of yours. It must be the biggest one in all of Ehrenhausen.”

“The only one in Ehrenhausen, father.”

“I just want you to make friends. A young woman like you should...,” he waved his hand. “Be with someone that will love you instead of ... just being with your father.”

Laura looked down. “My books are my friends.”

“Hmph,” he grumbled and sighed. “Unfortunately, I can’t pressure you. Hearing Speildorf lose his niece is another loss in this region. Seems like so many young girls and women are just ending up ... dead. It’s like God is just striking them down. It’s unfair.”

“All the more reason that I should stay here,” Laura said adamantly.

“If this keeps going, I will hire more guards. I can’t risk losing you ... it would ... destroy me. You are all that is left of her.”

Laura put her book and reading lens onto her reading table. She then stood up and walked over to her dad. It didn’t take long before she hugged him. His hand caressed her hair, pressing her head to his shoulder.

“My baby girl is all grown up,” he said. He took a deep breath before looking at her. “It does make me wonder how long before some gentleman will show up to sweep you off your feet.”

“Won’t you get mad that he would only be after our riches?” she asked.

“Probably,” he chuckled a little bit. “I already received marriage proposals from the other gentlemen from the region. I just ... feel like respecting your mother’s wishes. She wanted you to make the choice of who it will be.”

Laura shook her head. “I don’t ... feel like anybody would be good for me, father. I don’t think...”

“Lord Felix!” the guard called out. It was loud enough to warrant the father’s attention. He responded to his name and turned his head to the window.

“Who would come bumbling down to our estate at this time of the hour?” the father remarked.

Laura watched as her father left the room. The sense of urgency became strong. It didn’t take long for the father to reach the courtyard to the entrance. His butler also joined him to greet whomever it was. The woman walked up to the window to see what was happening.

From what she could see, one of the guards, the butler, and her father witnessed a horse and carriage approaching the gate. For some reason, Laura could feel herself being drawn to it.

“Laura...,” the hint of a whisper could be heard in her head. She had no idea what it was nor felt the inkling of fear. She had to witness what was happening. She had to get a closer look.

She left her room. From there, she reached the main reception hall before exiting through the main house. She held onto her dress as she walked down the courtyard. The guard looked at the carriage’s driver. He kept a firm hand on his flintlock while the butler greeted the driver. The servant was quite fluent in both English and the Austrian languages. There was a quiet discussion between both before the butler addressed Felix. He was loud enough for Laura to overhear it where she stood not far behind her father.

“Lord Felix,” the butler explained with an Austrian accent. “The driver claims to be from Retznei. His carriage ran afoul and damaged a wheel. He carries an occupant on board and needs to provide room and board for her.”

“How long will he need to fix the carriage?” Felix asked.

The butler exchanged a few words before turning back to Laura’s father. “He will need a few hours. He does not carry a replacement wheel and must fetch a new one in Ehrenhousen. I must also advise to his lordship that we do not carry any replacements.”

“I see. In that case, the occupant may exit the carriage. Make arrangements to provide a room and board for the passenger.”

“As you wish, sir,” the butler replied.

The butler translated for the driver. It didn’t take long before he nodded. He disembarked from his front seat before approaching the door. The father looked at the wheel.

“That was quite a tumble,” Felix said, noting the damage sustained on the front left wheel. “Ehrenhousen’s roads are usually known to be quite well maintained.”

Felix turned his head to see that Laura was standing not far from him. He seemed somewhat surprised to see her out and about. However, he was quickly distracted by the lone passenger who exited from the carriage door. The butler took her hand.

Dressed in a pink, black, and red silk dress was a lone woman. She had pale skin and brown hair. Laura’s eyes transfixed on her. The familiar sense of being drawn to her remained. Upon looking at her, Laura felt a ringing sensation hit her. It was enough for her to put her hand to her head, but it was only temporary. It quickly went away before she looked back at her.

“Lord Felix, may I present you Lady Mircalla,” the butler held onto her hand before releasing her in the presence of Laura’s father. “Madam, welcome to Lord Felix’s estate. May I present you to Lord Felix and his daughter, Lady Laura.”

The name ... it seemed so familiar. Laura’s memories were slowly resurfacing, but even then, it took time the longer he gazed at the smiling new woman. She was beautiful and young, being the same age as her. She was practically vibrant compared to Laura.

“Quite late to be traveling at such a night as this,” Felix greeted her.

“My apologies, Lord Felix,” Mircalla replied with a heartful greeting. “I was heading back from a late-night ball from Rosenberg when the horse was spooked. The driver lost control, and our carriage went off the road. Almost tumbled down the hillside.”

“Well, you seem quite lucky to be all right, Lady Mircalla,” he gestured to Laura. “This is my daughter, Laura.”

“I greet you, Mircalla,” Laura replied with a curtsey.

“As do you, Laura,” the other replied in earnest.

“Your English is quite good,” Felix remarked.

“Thank you. I know several languages and have served as a translator for my grandfather from time to time.”

“Let us head inside,” Felix said. “I was fixing on heading to bed as it was.”

The three began to head back into the home. It didn’t take long before they entered through the main entrance, where they stood in the reception hallway.

“I terribly apologize for causing such a disturbance,” Mircalla replied. “I shall assure you that I will do my best to leave as soon as the driver is able to procure a new wheel.”

“It’s all right.” The man yawned. “I’m afraid it’s just age that’s slowly catching up on me. Thankfully, Laura has always been a late-night woman. She can’t help herself from all her books.”

“You like to read?” Mircalla asked Laura.

“Yes, I do,” Laura replied.

“Lord Felix,” the butler approached the three. “My apologies for disturbing you.”

“No, it’s all right,” Laura’s father said. “You have my room prepared?”

“I do, sir. Madam, if you will give me twenty minutes, I will have your room prepared.”

“Thank you,” Mircalla happily replied.

“Well, in that case,” Felix said. “I will attend to my sleep. Lady Mircalla, if you need any help, my butler will serve you. Good night.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.