Warrior Woes - Cover

Warrior Woes

Copyright© 2020 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 29

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 29 - A genius overcomes innumerable challenges during his more than illustrious career.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Amputee  

I was jealous, I was bitter, I was sad; and I was a major success. I finished on time and I am now the proud possessor of a Juris Doctor degree, bestowed by Arizona State University. The J.D. meant that when I passed the state bar, and I would, that I would be able to practice law in the state of my birth.

The ceremony, in spite of the small group of graduates, was long. All of the professors had words to say, and the dean of the law school did all of the presentations; and, following that, I was up for my key note address. I did good. Lance and Liz and Milt were all there to applaud me. They were joined by maybe a hundred attendees. I felt pretty good.

I did get queried by the news outlets at the reception held in the auditorium where we did the whole ceremony. Kind of an honor, I guess.

Oh, and none of the Hardys or Longstreets were there, nor was Miss Christina Wyatt. It was hurtful, but I was getting used to it, the neglect, and they had all been appraised that I would be graduating and speaking; well, Lance said that they had been, by him.

So, okay, I was done with them—forever!

“I don’t know,” said Lance. “I’m sure they all got the notices. I mailed them myself!”

“Notices?” I said. “Mailed them.” I had thought that he had told them in person. So...

“Yes, something must have happened in the mail,” he said.

“Still, I know that they knew it was this month. Still, no one asked me about exactly when, not even the children,” I said.

“They must have been waiting for the formal invite, but didn’t get them. I guess I screwed up,” said Lance. “But I just don’t know...”

“It’s all right. They have their lives and I have mine. It’s okay,” I said. “Forget it.”

“No, they should have been here. If it’s my fault, I will get to the bottom of things. In the meantime, do not blame them, Lee. At least wait till I get this checked out. I mean it.” I shrugged.

“Whatever,” I said.


“Lance!” said a surprised Penelope. “I mean what?”

“Question,” said Lance, still standing on the porch.

“Okay, would you like to come in?” she said. He nodded and entered.

They took seats in the receiving room.

“Okay, Lance. You look worried. What’s happening?” She said.

“Pen, did you get the invite to Lee’s graduation?” he said.

“Well, yes, but Grant and I were committed to a formal thing at the hospital. Otherwise we would have come.”

“And Zoey?” he said. Penelope smiled.

“Zoey has a new boyfriend and it looks serious. They went up to the river for the weekend,” she said.

“Okay, I understand. I’ll be leaving. Have a good day,” he said.

“Lance what... ?”

“None of you or the Longstreets showed at the do. He is, well, heartbroken. It was a big deal. I hope you remember what he looked like. You’ve likely seen the last of him for sure,” he said, and he rose and walked out.

“Lance... !” But he was gone.


“You say it was the same with the Longstreets?” I said.

“Well, almost. Tina had a school event that she was involved with and was lost for the week because the team had to travel to California for it. The Academic Challenge Bowl actually,” he said. I was nodding.

“Well, that pretty much says it all. Actually, I’m kinda glad, sadly glad. At least now I have no doubt about my standing with them; and they for sure will soon know their standing with me; well, if they try to contact me. I won’t be bothering them for damn sure,” I said.

“I know I’ve said it before, well about Penelope. I figured Glory to be a cut above her, but I guess not,” said Lance. “Neither of them can be trusted. The kids are young, but they are being raised by those two women to be just like them. Just forget them, Lee. It’s best.”

“I have to agree with you, Lance. I surely do,” I said. My friend nodded.

“Like I said, at least I know where I stand now rather than later. I have the bar to take in two months. Now I won’t have any distractions. Lance, I have a favor to ask,” I said.

“Done deal,” he said. “Whaddya need?”

“Since you’ve cued them about stuff, I figure one or another of them might try to bother me. I’d really appreciate it if you would let me shack up at your place till after the bar. I need to not be bothered until then. It’s not even the academics of it; it’s the emotional thing. They’ve really stung me this time, especially the girls,” I said.

“Like I said, a done deal. And I will let Milt and Liz know what’s going on too, so that they won’t give up the ghost so to speak,” he said.

“Yes, do so, please. And, I know their cars so, if I see any of them at the Pasture, I’ll travel somewhere else. I really need them to be the hell away from me, but especially for the next couple of months.

“I’m taking off from the firm until after the bar. I already got Mister Michaels okay for that, and at full pay, by the way. How cool is that!”

I was actually feeling good. Let the bad guys do what they wanted. One day their neglect would come back to bite ‘em; I was sure of that.

Lance was actually smiling; I know for a fact that he liked the intrigue; he’s just got to get into the criminal law division at the firm, I thought


It was cloudy, but it was also hot outside. Well it was August, and in the desert of course it was hot.

The room was comfortable. There were thirty-one of us at the venue for the bar. It was a two-day event Wednesday and Thursday the 8th and 9th. There were two administrators one in the back and one in the front of the largish room at the court house.

The test was sweaty palm time for most of the takers. I wonder how many of them would need to take it again. It was just a pass or fail thing, so scores would not be given out. The good news for me was that, as it turned out, I was the first one done both days. I guess I still had it. My exes might not have given a shit, but my friends would, and we’d be celebrating that night, the 9th. I didn’t even know for sure that I’d passed, but really, I knew I had. I was feeling good: especially about the raise I was about to get. Seventy-five grand wouldn’t be too hard to take.


We were all seated at the largest booth at the Pasture. Smiles all around.

“Okay, we know you passed, but just how easy was it for you?” said Lance. Lance had passed it the first time around too. But he had had sweaty palms regardless.

“Not that hard. A couple of tricky sets, but not really a big deal this time around,” I said.

And then it was déjà vu all over again. Well, I did it to him once, so I guess it was his turn.

“Mister Hardy,” I said. “What a surprise.” He pulled up a chair from one of the tables and set it in the aisle as I had once done when I caught her dissing me to him an eon gone.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.