Spider Queen Book 8 - Cover

Spider Queen Book 8

Copyright© 2020 by Hunter Johnson

Prologue

There is one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.

General George S. Patton Jr.

“My Lord, we have an urgent communication for you,” said Mazzod shaking Jason’s shoulder. “It is the Uzliumbax AIs. Please take it in your study, the holo-com is waiting for you.”

Jason looked at the time, it was 2 AM. He felt exhausted. He shook himself to try to sharpen his sluggish and confused thoughts mixed with the remnants of a dream. He staggered out of bed. Zafa his Destroyer Admiral Empress was already in the dresser.

“I will be out in a few seconds, Jason” Zafa opened the door smiled cheerfully, then strode briskly off towards the study.

“What is going on Jason?” Philippa asked as Ooryphyon bounced out of the bed and walked towards Jason and the dresser. She darted in ahead of him grinning cheerfully.

“There is an urgent communication from the Uzliumbax AIs which I need to take in the study. I am heading there as soon as I am ready.”

Jason walked to the study as soon as he was dressed and found the hologram on and the elite Uzliumbax AI group waiting patiently.

He sat down. Philippa and Zafa joined him, then Ooryphyon, from the ancient species, the Teokraeus, whom, he had rescued.

Mazzod, Phillipa’s butler placed mugs of coffee in front of Jason, Zafa and Philippa. Ooryphyon shook her head.

Jason reached forward took a sip and sighed. He looked up at the AIs and lifted his left palm upwards.

“Emperor, the Destroyers sent a fleet to attack one of our most remote and most recently discovered planets, Emdar Grept. It is the most distant planet from the area where they moved their own planets into this Universe from Universe Bekta Delta. As soon as we were alerted, we intercepted the enemy fleet while they were engaging the planet’s defences. The planet is cloaked and hidden as are all our planets, but they found it.

“We detected a locator signal that was broadcasting from the planet.

“We fought a pitched battle with them, but as we gained the upper hand, they launched planet-killer missiles. We intercepted all but one which entered the planet. The planet is at risk for a process of slow destruction. We boarded the damaged ships and have thirty-million captives,” said the AI shaking her head.

“I have two questions. Can the planet be saved and secondly can we save any of the population?” Jason asked.

“We are trying to save the planet and are starting to evacuate the population. We developed an untested and untried device three hundred thousand years ago to try and reverse the process commenced by some varieties of planet killers. If the planet killer cannot be stopped the planet will be uninhabitable in the future. We estimate we can save ten percent of the population of thirty-billion,” said the AI.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.