Clues - the Strange Trip - Cover

Clues - the Strange Trip

by oldgrump

Copyright© 2019 by oldgrump

Drama Story: Damn That Salesman

Tags: Ma/Fa   Cheating   RAAC  

From an original idea by jjeffr

Damn that salesman


My name is Jeff (Jeffery Arthur) Thornton III, I am 67, and this is my way of getting my long time pain off my chest after 30+ years. My wife is Helen Thornton (nee Grimes). We have been married 40+ years. Here is the sad tale.


I had received a big promotion and pay raise. After six years of married life we were tired of renting and we could finally afford to buy a house. We had also talked about starting a family.

The house we moved into, as almost all older houses, had some problems. It was a house in an area that was recovering and being gentrified. It is huge. It has 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, living room, dining room, parlor, and country kitchen. 10 foot ceilings on the first floor and 9 foot on the second floor. The main upgrade needed was new energy-efficient windows and doors.

We called several companies and got quotes. When the salesman from one of the companies arrived, I was at work. He started talking with my wife, and she apparently fell for his bullshit.

I found out later that he told her his wife had just died six months before, and he was still grieving. That struck a chord with Helen, as her father had just died shortly before we moved.

Helen was a very shy woman, (and still is) maybe that is why she fell under this asshole’s spell. Other than her family, she only had a couple of friends, and we moved across town from them. She never went out at night with co-workers or friends. She would not be caught dead in a bar. I had to practically kidnap her to take her out for a nice dinner.

About a week after we signed the contract with asshole’s company, Helen announced that she was going on a weekend trip with some of her girlfriends. When I questioned her about the trip, she changed the story a couple of times, and refused to tell me which friends she was going with.

I told her that if she takes the trip, I won’t be here in the house when she got back. She had an angry reaction to that but she said “well that will be too bad, because I’m going.”

She went anyway. She left on Friday, and Saturday morning I decided to do some checking. She was allergic to the birth control pills of the time. She used a diaphragm and spermicidal cream to prevent getting pregnant. When I checked the place where she keeps these supplies, her diaphragm case was open and empty, and the spermicidal cream tube was gone.

At first I was devastated then after and couple of hours of crying and feeling sorry for myself, I got raging angry. I went and grabbed the evidence and put it and our wedding album (with all of the pictures I was in destroyed), our marriage license, my wedding ring, and five year anniversary watch she gave me on the kitchen counter next to the refrigerator.

I went into our bedroom and packed all the clothes that I had purchased myself and none that she bought for me, then I packed up and left. Remember this was in the middle 80’s, no neat little cell phones or spy cameras that were small enough to be hidden effectively. I did not leave a note, I just moved out. That Monday, I called work and took a personal day. I went to the bank and took half of our savings and half of the checking and moved into a hotel temporarily. She could worry about the bills.

Monday afternoon, after I found a furnished apartment I could afford, I called into work and was told that my wife had called and asked where I was. I informed my boss of the problem, and that under no condition was he to tell her where I was. I also told him that I did not want her to have access to me at the office. He agreed to my request.

Fortunately, I had a brainstorm, I still had my keys to the house so while she was at work, I modified the phone lines and put an extension phone line in the garage that was connected to a voice activated recorder (not a true answering machine) that would record over an hour of phone calls.

Surprise, surprise, (yeah right) it was the window salesman that she was fucking. She was lamenting to him that I must know that she was cheating on me. The asshole was not sympathetic, and told her it was an opportunity for her to be with him.

Then he stepped in it big time for me. He said, “Helen, the kids love you and I make enough money that you could stay home and you can help me raise them.”

I now understood his reasoning beyond getting some gullible married pussy. He wanted a replacement mother for his two very young kids.

Helen did not understand, at first, what he was trying, and according to the phone calls she was seeing him about 4 times a week. Hell she never gave it to me that much.

I called Helen after I had been gone a little over a week. She started to go off on a rant at me so I hung up. I let her stew for about a half hour, and called her back. Before she could say anything, I said “If you raise your voice to me again, this call will end, and it will not happen again. You fucked me over with an asshole. You broke all of your marriage vows. Do you understand the rage I have in me for what you have done?”

Then I added; “At least now I understand why you stopped all of the sex between us before you took your weekend trip with your ‘girlfriends’. Was it worth it bitch? I am not even going to talk about coming back to that house until you admit you fucked up. Now do you have anything civil to say to me?”

“I noticed you haven’t tried to apologize. Good. You are not sorry; I know you are seeing him almost every other day. Does that sound to you like you’re even a little sorry? You may be sorry I found out, but you’re not sorry you went and fucked someone outside of your marriage, you can’t possibly be sorry because you haven’t stopped fucking him.” I hung up.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.