My Sister-in-law Beth - Cover

My Sister-in-law Beth

Copyright© 2019 by Rhiannon57

Chapter 26

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 26 - After losing his wife to illness, Jeff is approached by his sister-in-law Beth who was unhappy in her own marriage. Read how Jeff's life turns into a roller-coaster.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Fiction   Cheating   Oral Sex  

I was somewhat fortunate, Jennifer landed a huge case the next week, calling me to tell me we would have to postpone dinner for now.

Beth’s divorce was final, the papers signed and sealed. We talked about how to break the news to our friends and family. I knew my in-laws would be the worst, I had no clue how they would handle it. I told Beth to let me handle her parents, that way if it bombed and became an issue, she would not have to take as much of the heat. I could be the bad guy. I waited for about four weeks, then decided even though she had only been divorced for a few months, it was as good a time as any. It was just too difficult, sneaking around, afraid of the possibility of running into someone we knew. I decided to tell them at Sunday dinner and hope for the best. I asked Beth to come up with an excuse that she was busy and couldn’t come this Sunday. That way if things got really bad, she was safe from the fallout.

I arrived at their house about eleven-thirty, sitting in the kitchen with my mother-in-law while she finished lunch. My father-in-law was watching TV in the den. I helped set the table, we carried the food in and began to eat. We had only been seated for less than five minutes, when my mother-in-law actually brought up the subject.

“Jeff, you have any idea what Beth is up to lately? She is always so busy, I have a hard time catching up to her.” she asked.

“I have seen her a few times mom, she seems to be ok.” I replied, lying through my teeth.

“Well I am glad that she is finally over the divorce, Lance was family, but he never treated Beth the way we had hoped he would.” Mom said, “I hope now she can find someone who will treat her like she deserves to be treated.”

My father-in-law just nodded his approval without looking up, as he continued to eat his food. Well now is as good a time as any, I guess.

“Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you about something, I really don’t know how to start, but I will do my best.” I started.

“Mom, I know you like Jennifer a lot, she is a great girl, I really like her a lot. I wished at that time things would have worked out, but they didn’t. There was a reason, which I can’t go into right now, I hope one day I can. But either way, it’s a moot point.” I stated.

My in-laws were listening intently now, I had their full attention. My mind was racing for the right words to say, if the right words even existed.

“I don’t know quite how to say this, I don’t want there ever to be anything that would harm our relationship, you have both been like second parents to me, always treated me like a son and I am so grateful for that. You have no idea just how much.”

I could see a look of concern growing on their faces. It wasn’t going well, I was struggling for the right words.

“Jeff, for God’s sake, what’s wrong?” my mother-in-law asked.

“Nothing’s wrong Mom, it’s not that.” I replied.

“Then tell us, we are family, it’s ok.” she responded.

“Mom, Dad, I don’t know how to ask you, so I am just going to ask you. Would it be possible to have your blessing ... so I could ... uh, ask Beth out on a date?” I said softly, barely able to look in their direction.

My mother-in-law and father looked at each other then back at me again with a blank look on their face. I had decided on this method, thinking it was better they thought, I asked permission, then to have went behind their backs, which we had already done.

“Oh Jeff, I don’t know, I really don’t. Have you discussed this with Beth at all?” she asked with great concern in her voice.

“No Mom, I haven’t.” I replied, once again lying to them, “I wanted to ask you first, see how you felt.”

“Why Beth? Are you really attracted to her? I mean she is ... was your sister-in-law, it just seems, I don’t know ... weird.” she responded.

“I know mom, it seems strange to me too. But Beth is a beautiful, strong, incredible woman, I can’t explain why I am attracted to her, I just am.” I stated.

“Jeff, I just don’t know what to say, I really don’t. I think it’s best that Dad and I discuss this further. I hope you understand?” Mom said.

“Sure, I do Mom, I completely understand.” I replied.

We finished up quickly, I knew my mother-in-law was dying to discuss this with her husband, so I made a quick exit to the door. My father-in-law followed me out, opening the door for me. We had no sooner stepped out, he broke the silence.

“Jeff, I respect you lot, coming to us like this. And I understand how you feel, Beth is quite a woman, I love her to death. Truthfully, I don’t know how I feel, I can’t answer that right now.” he stated.

“I know Dad. And I am sorry for bringing it up, but I have been thinking about her a lot lately.” I responded.

I was no sooner out of sight, I picked up my cell phone and called Beth to tell her exactly what I had told them, in case they call, her story could match mine. She was a nervous wreck, asking me for all the details, how did I think it went? I told her at best, it was extremely awkward, I had no idea how they took it. I told her it would be best that we keep things real low key for the next few days, she agreed.

Every time my phone rang, I jumped thinking it might be my in-laws. Several days passed, I had no contact, neither did Beth. I had no idea what was going on, but I knew it was probably not good. Finally on Friday, my mother-in-law called me in the early afternoon at work.

“Jeff, Dad and I need to talk to you. When can you come by?” she asked.

“Anytime you would like Mom.” I quickly replied.

“How about on your way home, this evening?” she asked.

“Sure, no problem, see you then.” I promised.

By the time I pulled into my in-laws drive, my head was reeling from all of the possibilities. They were waiting for me in the den, their faces gave no clue what was in store. I sat down in the chair directly opposite them and waited for the news. My mother-in-law took control of the situation, as usual.

“Jeff, we have thought a lot about this and we just still don’t know. I can’t quite get a handle on it, it just seems wrong to me. We love you like you’re our own son, I guess that’s why it seems odd.” she began.

“Then there’s the possibility you two do date, then something happens between you two, becoming awkward for us as a family. We do not want that to happen.” she continued, “We have already lost one child, we do not want to lose another one.”

“I can understand that Mom.” I replied softly.

“With that said, as a man I have no problem with you dating Beth. In fact, we always prayed Beth would find someone to take care of her, like you did for Susan. No parent could ask for a better husband for their daughter than you were, Jeff.” she added.

“Thanks, Mom, that means a lot to me.” I said.

“However, it just, to me, is not a plausible situation. Then you have to consider what if Beth says no, she doesn’t want to date you? How does that affect us all? This is just not a good situation.” she ended.

I looked down at the carpet, trying not to appear as crushed as I was. There was no choice but to continue our relationship in secret, until one day someone would catch us, then deal with the aftermath as it occurred.

“I think Dad wants to say something to you Jeff.” she interjected.

I looked up at my father-in-law, who up until this time had been silent, sitting next to his wife. He began slowly.

“Jeff, first let me say, just how much I respect you. As Mom said, we could not have asked for any better husband for our Susan than you were. She loved you unconditionally, you were her entire world, as she was yours.” he started.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.