Sixes and Sevens - Cover

Sixes and Sevens

Copyright© 2018 by Always Raining

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - The life and loves of Aidan Redmond. Two women in his life always seemed to be at sixes and sevens with him. Sometimes it was anger, sometimes misunderstandings, sometimes just circumstances.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   Slow  

The following week was depressing with regular rain and showers; it did nothing for Aidan’s mood. Vicky went back to her own flat on the Tuesday of that week. Aidan had fed her and got her strength back, and they were both back at work on the Thursday, advertising for more staff.

Aidan was surprised he’d heard nothing from Kevin: it was so unlike him. Aidan surmised that perhaps Kevin was knee deep in marriage counselling or divorce, and began to feel regret and guilt at his impulsive action in sending the photos. So he sent Kevin a text sympathising and asking how he was. No answer. Aidan was too busy that week, but resolved to see him the following week and find out what was wrong.

When he returned home on Wednesday, all Julie’s stuff had gone and her keys were on the kitchen table. No note, no letter. Fine, he thought. Good riddance, she can screw around now as much as she likes.

Of course he was fooling himself. He was deeply hurt and felt bereft. He missed her very badly. It wasn’t even the sex, more the way they had got on together, the affection and warmth, the same sense of humour, the same facility with argument and language, the same fascination with crosswords.

They had had a whale of a time. He thought the separation was unavoidable and a shame, but her cutting him off fired his obstinacy and resentment and those feelings were effective in suppressing any effort to talk to her on his part. After all, she should be coming to him, shouldn’t she?

In any case he was distracted by events at work. Over the next month Vicky and he appointed two accountants, a trainee and an extra secretary. It was as well they had leased a large office suite! Vicky had been unsure about its size, but Aidan had been full of enthusiasm and confidence they would expand, and he had been proved right.

They had become quite a large concern, and Vicky and he were having to learn quickly the skills of management. This was in addition to the ordinary work of the practice. Aidan had little time to mope over his loss, though the flat always seemed very empty late each night when he got home.

It came back to bite him on one occasion. His mother rang. During the usual exchange of news, his split from Julie was not mentioned by either of his parents, nor was there anything said about Kevin’s troubles, but this omission was soon rectified.

“Aidan,” she said with that tone of voice which presaged her stepping on dangerous ground, “Kevin tells me you’ve split up with Julie.”

Interesting, he thought. Mum hasn’t mentioned anything about Kevin’s troubles.

It made him wonder.

“Yes,” he answered. It was one clipped word, and by the one word Aidan made it clear he did not want to talk about it, but that was not enough for mother. He really should have known better!

“Why, Aidan? You were so well matched, we were hoping...” and she faltered.

“She was seeing other men, mother. She cheated. Can we change the subject?”

“Kevin tells me you’re with someone else already.”

“I don’t know where he got his information. He’s not been near me since the breakup. He’s wrong mother, I’m not with anyone else. I don’t want to talk about it, ok?”

She sighed and that was the end of the conversation, and yes, it upset him; yes, it saddened him. It ruined his evening and It preoccupied him until he went to bed and fell asleep.

However, it reminded him to try to contact Kevin again. He emailed him asking how he was and what had happened with Caroline. There was no reply. He emailed again, asking what the matter was. Again, no reply. It was so unlike Kevin. Aidan gave up, he was not going round to Kevin’s place if he wasn’t answering his mails.

The induction period for the new staff meant that Vicky and he were working all the hours God sent for the next six weeks, and the others, as they had been appointed, were doing overtime as well. It was not until the end of July that they drew breath and everything settled down. The weather had been largely sunny for most of that month, and in the absence of air-conditioning it had made the office hot and sticky. Vicky suggested that to Aidan that they celebrate with their new staff.

They took them to a good restaurant on the first Friday of August and afterwards they went to a pub nearby. Vicky was designated driver for Tony and Greg the new chartered accountants, Gerry the trainee and Sheila their joint PA, while Aidan was to share a cab with Kathy the young receptionist and secretary, since she lived near Aidan. Everyone had a good time and about ten it was decided to call it a day. The other five left, while Kathy and Aidan remained inside waiting for the taxi, sheltering from the thunderstorm which had rolled around the sky for much of the evening.

As they sat there, who should rush in laughing, giggling and wet, on the arm of a man, but Julie. Aidan saw her take in Kathy and him sitting together, and the laughter stopped and her face hardened. Aidan lifted a hand in a half hearted gesture of greeting, but she blanked him, and turned away.

Fine, he thought, and resentment surfaced again. He was about to confront her, but remembered he was with Kathy.

“Who’s the woman with the sour face?” asked Kathy, who had seen the exchange.

“One of my exes,” he answered. “We parted on bad terms.”

“Tell me more.” She was all eagerness for a bit of scandal.

“We lived together for three years. She cheated.” His voice told her that was all she was going to get.

The taxi arrived and they left. As Kathy left the taxi she kissed Aidan’s cheek.

“Thanks for a lovely evening, I love working for you.” Then as she closed the door she said, “That ex of yours? She’s a bloody fool!” She smiled and was gone, running to get out of the rain.

Aidan was amazed how much better he felt for that. He realised she must have sensed his emotional state in the taxi. He decided that Kathy was a perceptive and caring young woman!

However, he continued to simmer at Julie’s behaviour.

The next evening was Saturday, and in the weeks after Julie had left him, Aidan had got in the habit of joining a small coterie of husbands and boyfriends at the local pub, some of whom would have been to ‘the match’ when the team played at home. They would have an hour or so together in the early evening, known as ‘early doors’, before going home for their evening meals.

The composition of the group varied, but there were always one or two to chew the fat with. It happened that there were only three there that night, and they were deep in conversation when Aidan felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Aidan, can you spare a minute?” It was Kevin.

Aidan made his excuses, bought Kevin a pint and they went and sat at another table.

“Kevin,” Aidan began, “to what do I owe this honour? You ignored my emails, have I offended you?”

“Emails?” queried Kevin, “I never saw any emails. I thought you had cut yourself off after that business at the holiday house.”

“I sent at least two, then I gave up.”

“Caroline!” he said grimly. Then shut up.

“So, Kevin, brother,” Aidan said, ignoring his outburst, “what’s been happening with you?”

“We’re seeing a marriage counsellor,” said Kevin. “I was really mad at you for sending those pictures, but I see now it was a wake-up call. You always used to say how uncomfortable you were with the way Caroline danced with those blokes. I was so bloody complacent. Not any more.”

“How’s it going?” Aidan asked, beginning to worry.

“Slowly,” he said morosely. “I’m not fucking her yet, but it’s only a matter of time. She’s broken up by what’s happened and the mess we’re in, thanks to you.”

Aidan made to interrupt.

“No!” Kevin preempted him, “I really mean it: thanks to you. God knows what would have happened if you hadn’t caught them. It’s woken Caroline up. At least I think it has. We’ve been thinking a lot about being parents and being responsible. It’s Julie I feel sorry for.”

“Can’t see why,” Aidan retorted.

“Oh come on, Aidan,” he bristled, “you were in bed with someone else the next day! Julie said the woman was so sated she was still asleep in your bed after lunchtime. It wasn’t the first time, she was obviously quite at home.”

“No, Kevin.”

“What d’you mean? No? She was in your bed.”

“Yes,” Aidan said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.