Haller's Catch - Cover

Haller's Catch

Copyright© 2008 by Forever-Shadow-Knight

Chapter 17

Mind Control Sex Story: Chapter 17 - A high school senior who is down on his luck might have just caught his first lucky break: A bottle with the power to grant wishes. How will this power change his life? How will this power change him? Only time will tell.

Caution: This Mind Control Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mind Control   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Paranormal   Harem  

"Don't think this means we're buddies or anything." Kenny said.

I turned and stared at him, wondering if he had been replaced by some kind of alien sent to spy on me. "Never crossed my mind." I replied scathingly.

He must have caught my look, even in the darkness of the police cruiser, because he started laughing and shaking his head. "I don't mean to push you so hard." He confessed to me.

"Then why do it?" I asked, curious and annoyed at the same time. This was the man who was brought in to be my father but shunned every chance to get close to me. And now he suddenly wants to get friendly? I mentally nudged him to help him along.

"Because I see a lot of myself in you. And maybe it makes me angry." He sighed. "I had every opportunity handed to me from the start, and I pissed it all away. I was and still am a mathematical genius, and I had everything I needed to succeed, but nothing came of it. I never took anything forward, I never tried. You, on the other hand, might well be just as smart as me, but you go unrecognized, you have to fight for every opportunity, every chance to move forward." He shook his head. "I don't know if I'm more angry at you for being what I couldn't or at myself for not doing anything with my life."

"I'm no genius." I argued. It was almost as if he cared.

"You just don't know how to apply yourself. If you had the right kind of teachers and the dedication to do the work, you could be my equal. The only difference between us is that I had parents that capitalized on my talents by sending me to private schools and by making me a public spectacle. It helped me get recognized and even got me a scholarship to one of the best universities, but it cost me every chance I had to make friends. Being smart isn't something to be ashamed about, but people can be put off by it. You've gotten to live your life your way, with a freedom I never had, and maybe I'm a little envious."

I had freedom alright, and the bruises from my regular scrapes at school. He doesn't know what any of it is about. He just thinks my life is filled with this wonderful imaginary thing called freedom. I had news for him. I didn't have freedom until a genie granted my wish. Before then I was as sad and alone as any pathetic loser could be.

I think I might have been sulking. I didn't say anything the rest of the ride, and he didn't bother trying to break through my anger. Hell, I had every right to be angry, after how he had always treated me. You can't make up for that sort of thing with a few kind words.

Ryan pulled up to the shop and led us to the door. Kenny stayed a step behind me as we walked through the entrance. A policeman met us inside and spoke quietly to Ryan. I'm not sure what they said, I wasn't paying attention.

Walking back into the shop caused a wave of emotion to pass through me. I wasn't sure how I felt, just that I was unhappy. The grief of losing my friend was very close again, and I felt tears coming to my eyes as swept my gaze across the room. Everyone became deathly quiet as I poured out my anguish, the only sound in the room my wracking sobs. I took a deep breath, only then noticing that everyone was staring at me. I flushed a little from embarrassment, unnoticed on my tear streaked face. "The safe is through there." I said, pointing to the back room.

They all followed me down the hall, and we stepped into the workshop. Images of Haller tied to the chair, of the black haired child taunting me, flashed through my head. This was where Kabal had torn out Haller's heart. The room seemed to spin and I felt like I was falling. Kenny was there as soon as I stumbled and walked me over to lean against a wall.

It was all surreal. Haller's body had been removed, but the chalk outline remained. All of the implements of torture that had been painfully laid out were gone, presumably into evidence, but all of the blood stains were still there. I felt sick.

I promptly threw up in the sink.

More words of kindness and comfort were said, but I really didn't hear any of them. I wanted to get out of that room as quickly as possible. I led them into the study and pulled the rug back, expertly flicking the floorboard up and revealing the safe.

"I need to leave now." I said slowly.

"Do you have any idea where Haller might have kept his spare key?" Ryan asked. The other officer was busy examining the safe.

"Not a clue." I told him. "But Haller should have had the key on him. Can't you use that?"

Ryan sighed and shook his head. "That's being processed already. We could get it, but not until evidence lockup opens in the morning." The other cars must have arrived, because officers Cole and Gerry both walked inside, trailed closely by the blond woman. "He found the safe but we still don't have a key." Ryan told the newcomers.

"I'm going to have a look around." The woman said.

"Fine." Ryan told her, turning back to the officers. "Gerry, go with her."

"I don't need an escort." She told him.

"You do while you're on my crime scene." He shot back. She didn't voice any further protest, instead turning and walking back through the door.

I found a nice corner and sat down, Kenny nearby at all times. He didn't seem to like the police much. "Jason's done his part; can you take us home now?" He asked Ryan.

"Just a minute." Ryan returned without turning away from the safe. He crouched at the edge of the opening in the floor and prodded at the insulation that wrapped the safe. "This thing is almost a foot into the ground!" He exclaimed.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.