Displaced, a Tragic Fable With a Happy Ending - Cover

Displaced, a Tragic Fable With a Happy Ending

Copyright © 2021, 2022 by OmegaPet-58

Chapter 9

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 9 - Revised 12/22, Original was 2/21. An entitled school bully strikes a near-mortal blow, tearing apart a poor Texas family. Archie leaves home to, he thinks, save his family, surviving in the ruins of a formerly prosperous coast. He must find his way back, from pain and fear to a new life with family, friends, and sweet sexy romance.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Teenagers   Blackmail   Coercion   Romantic   Heterosexual   Crime   Humor   Rags To Riches   School   Tear Jerker   First   Caution   Politics   Revenge   Slow   Violence  

Edgar Belkin scowled at his wife and son across the breakfast table. “I’m sick of this bullshit! I already owe thousands to my lawyer, and I’ve been told we owe the city a new $32,000 Police Interceptor. AND, you totaled out your overgrown truck when the sheriff’s car spotted you. What have you done THIS time?”

“Father, this is not my fault.” Edgar bristled. “No, really. I was teasing this girl when she hauled off and slapped me right in the face. I pushed her and she fell against the locker. Then this other girl jumped on me and scratched at my face. When I tossed her off she managed to cut herself on her head. The next thing I knew was this new guy blind-sided me and we began rasslin’ back and forth. He pushed me into a restroom and the fight was on. He said he was brother to the second girl and for a while we were toe-to-toe. Finally I put him down on the floor and I left.”

“I knew you would bullshit me. They have you on aggravated assault, sexual assault of a minor, fleeing a lawful arrest, resisting arrest, malicious destruction of public property and private property, and that’s just a start. I assume you drove onto and destroyed the city’s car, and somebody’s scooter.”

“AND, both girls went to the hospital with concussions and the boy nearly died and remains unconscious. Look at me when I talk, boy!” Despite his height and bulk, Clay cowered before his raging father. “And YOU, Noreen, playing footsie with the cops while junior genius rabbits away. It took all my leverage to keep you out of jail; there’s little left for your son.” Noreen was stunned and said nothing.

Later in the morning, Bettie was staring at her telephone. She had fruitlessly contacted every lawyer she could find. Some begged off with “not my specialty.” Others lost interest when they discovered the case would be Dawes and White v. Belkin. “I have no chance of beating Edgar Belkin and his pack of lawyers” was the common story.

Reluctantly, she called her friend Rose Fitzwater. “Rosie, let’s do lunch, OK?” Bettie and Rose met at her workplace, the County Legal Aid Society. As they were seated in a nearby diner, Rose searched her friend’s face. “So, how are the kids?”

Bettie burst into tears. “Jessie just got back home from the hospital with a scalp laceration and concussion. Her friend Cathie White also had a concussion but she’s back with her dad. But Archie, oh, oh... “ Her tears continued. Rose signaled the server, “Two white wines, please.”

“Archie was beaten almost to death. He has a cracked rib, abdominal hemorrhage, facial fractures, and severe damage to his, uh, balls. He could lose them both.” Rose couldn’t believe her ears. She waited for Bettie to regain some composure.

“Who could have done such evil to your kids, B?”

“Fucking Clay Belkin. And no lawyer here wants to go up against Belkin’s money, so we’re shit out of luck.” Rose sat back, amazed. “The D. A. is going ahead with criminal charges, but Bruce White and I think he’s going to fold like a paper doll. In the rain.”

Rose gathered herself together and spoke forcefully to Bettie. “You do know a lawyer who will fight for you and your kids. She also works for Legal Aid, and won’t take money from you up front. You only need faith, and your signature on some forms.”

Bettie asked, “Who is this miracle person?”

“She’s me, dumb ass.” Rose smiled. “You’re a lawyer?” Rose: “There’s two things I don’t discuss with my friends, 1, the birthmark on my ass, and 2, my profession. What do you call a thousand lawyers in Galveston Bay? A good start. Why don’t the sharks bite them? Professional courtesy. Crap, more tears. I can tell more lawyer jokes.”

Bettie put out her hand. “No, please. I don’t deserve you, Rosie.”

“B, you go look after your kids. Leave those shithead Belkins to me. But now, let’s eat.”

On her way to the hospital, she called Bruce White at work. “White. Can I help you?” “Bruce, it’s me, Bettie. Have you found a lawyer yet?”

“Naw, they’re all chicken-shits. What about you, Bettie?”

“I have one, she’s my friend Rose Fitzgerald. I’ll get the paperwork from her and we can sign up together. I think she works for free until (or if) we win.”

“Cool, let me know.”

Bettie continued on towards the hospital.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.