Her Apple Pie - Cover

Her Apple Pie

Copyright© 2013 by Argon

Chapter 7: One-sided conversation

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7: One-sided conversation - When Deputy Sheriff Cliff Henson, of Clearwater, MT, learns that his ex-fiancée, celeb singer Kylie McAdam, will attend their five-year high school reunion, he volunteers for the night shift to avoid seeing her. Yet, Kylie has a way of worming herself back into his life, upsetting his carefully planned future.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Oral Sex  

Kylie did not sleep past seven o'clock and her parents were already awake. Unusual for them, they watched TV at breakfast. Even more unusual, they were watching an infotainment program. Just as Kylie entered the kitchen she saw herself on the TV screen leaving the hospital with Janet, looking like a victim herself with her blood stained jeans and blood splattered hair. The excited voice over of the reporter explained the scene.

"Singer Kylie McAdam, a native of Clearwater, was an eyewitness to the shooting. She was visibly shaken by the events, but denied playing a major role. Let me tell you, those witnesses we talked to sang quite a different tune. According to several people who were at the scene when the shooting happened, Kylie rushed to help the wounded officer and performed CPR on him for over ten minutes until the first ambulance arrived. An unnamed source from within the Sheriff's Department told us and I quote, 'She saved his life, plain and simple.' Kylie's clothes were still blood stained when she emerged from the emergency room and a female deputy drove her back to her parents' home where she is currently taking care of her terminally ill mother. That, apparently, is the reason for her continued hiatus from the music business. I may not like Kylie McAdam's music that much but the girl has guts for two and a heart of gold! This is Wendy Cormack from WMTB."

Mabel and James McAdam looked at their daughter.

"What?" Kylie asked.

"Sheriff Cramer called. Cliff slept well and he's conscious. They will transfer him to a regular room after breakfast. You want me to take you down to the hospital?" her father asked.

Kylie poured herself a cup of coffee. "If you can wait another fifteen or twenty minutes, I'll be ready. God, how I need coffee!"

Mabel McAdam put her skinny hand on her daughter's arm. "Kylie, you made us proud yesterday. Cliff's mother called me last night to thank us. The poor woman was beside herself. Oh well, I was beside myself when I first heard the news. He's such a nice young man, and so helpful even after..." she faltered.

"Even after I tore out his heart and trampled on it," Kylie completed her mother's sentence. "I know he's special. I better dress or Dad will be late for work. What's going to happen with that Terry character? Can you really charge him?"

"Can I charge him? I'll need a week just to list the charges. Reckless endangerment, manslaughter, assault, obstruction of justice. Cramer found a sawed-off shotgun in his room at the feed store; that adds illegal firearms possession plus a few things I'll invent for this idiot. Criminal stupidity comes to mind."

Kylie emptied her coffee mug and ran upstairs. Fifteen minutes later, after a quick shower and dressed in a pair of ancient blue jeans – a pair of Wranglers from her high school days – and an equally old hand-knitted wool sweater, she was ready to leave. It was nippy outside. Kylie had found a goose down parka from her skiing days and for all purposes she was a spitting image of the Kylie McAdam who had gone to school in Clearwater, right up to her hair being tied back in a simple pony tail.

Ten minutes later, she stepped from her father's Volvo in front of the main entrance of Clearwater Community Hospital. A lone photographer was there, shooting away at Kylie as she entered the building without stopping. Cliff's new room was easily identifiable. No fewer than six duty-free deputies were crowding it. Patiently, Kylie waited behind them until Frank Hornsby noticed her.

"Good morning, Ms. McAdam," he greeted her. "Hey guys, make some room for Ms. McAdam. Poor Cliff needs someone pretty to look at for a change."

They opened up a gap for her and she stepped forward. Cliff was propped up in his bed. His face was pale and drawn but his eyes were open and alert. He was wearing an oxygen mask. He waved his left hand for a greeting.

"He can't really talk," Frank explained. "What with a hole in his lung and the oxygen mask he's not up to it."

Kylie nodded, her eyes fixated on Cliff. "Hey, you look loads better already," she greeted him.

His left hand was within reach and she took hold of it. There was some elbowing among the deputies. They all offered some excuses about having to return to duty and shuffled out of the room. Turning her gaze back on Cliff she saw that he was staring at her hand and the diamond ring on her finger. She gave him a rueful smile.

"I thought a little bit of extra luck wouldn't hurt," she explained sheepishly. "I've been wearing it as a lucky charm whenever I felt the need."

His hand pressed hers and he nodded weakly.

"My Mom and Dad send their best wishes. I'm to tell you they'll visit soon."

Again, a nod.

"Umh, you'll probably hate this, but the press got wind of what happened. They waylaid Janet and me outside the ER yesterday. I stonewalled them but they blew up the story anyway."

His left hand made a dismissive movement.

"Dad tells me, he's going to indict Terry Herringer with a boatload of charges. The moron fired a Tazer at Donny. That's why the poor idiot jerked and pulled the trigger."

There was sadness in Cliff's eyes now and Kylie pressed his hand.

"That was not your fault. You had talked him down already when Terry screwed up. Donny was ready to give up. I watched you from the restroom and I thought you did a great job."

His left hand made a questioning move.

"No, Cliff, really. I was so proud of you and then this stupid fuck head goes and screws it up! God, I saw the bullet hit you and I felt it in my own chest. I just screamed into the phone, 'Officer down, officer down!' and ran to where you were lying." Kylie smiled now. "I didn't know what to do, so I pulled my T-shirt over my head and pressed it on the wound. It must have been a sight, me almost naked and bent over you. Then Linda took over and I could do the mouth-to-mouth. I had envisioned a more romantic setting for our first kiss after five years."

She was babbling, trying to find something to say, something to bridge the distance. He nodded again but Kylie thought she saw a smile in his eyes. She smiled back trying to convey her plea for forgiveness silently. On one hand, it was maddening that he could not answer but on the other hand it was a chance for her. Right now he was unable to object to her presence and Kylie planned on making the most of this opportunity. She would mother him and be around him, and when he was finally well enough to voice his will she would be a fixture in his room.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.