The Tales of Tanitsar - Cover

The Tales of Tanitsar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Chapter 14: Returning with a Prize

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 14: Returning with a Prize - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

In spite of everything, Thesia had a lump in her throat as she watched Hanilei's coast line sink below the horizon. Pilar stood at her side.

"I still cannot believe Father's cowardice," she said in a low voice that only Thesia could hear.

Lutar had refused to see his daughters off, being too afraid of possible repercussions.

"It makes me sad," Thesia agreed. "If you think of it, he rarely showed his love to us. When he offered himself to the pirates in exchange for me, I thought he was brave."

Pilar snorted. "Hardly! He told the middleman that he was close to sixty summers old."

"But he's only..." Thesia started.

"Yes. However, the offer of a skilled craftsman of less than fifty summers might have been accepted. He only did it to impress Mother."

Thesia shook herself thinking of her ordeal, but then she realised that she would have never met Macro if she had been exchanged. Those weeks with the pirates had been the price for the happiness she now enjoyed.

"It makes me sad to hear this, but as you said, I came out of it looking good."

"How is Tanitsar?" Pilar asked quickly changing the subject for she was still feeling guilty about her rant a few days ago.

"More hilly, greener than Hanilei. The City of Tanitsar is magnificent. The New Palace is very imposing, though I like Macro's ... I mean our palace better. You will like Macro's brother Lamas and his bride. They live in the other wing of the Princes' Palace."

"I told you – no palace for me. I have to do something worthwhile. Sitting lazily in a palace is not my plan."

Thesia squinted her eyes at her sister. She was obviously serious. An idea struck Thesia.

"Pilar, I may know of a task for you. Macro's mother, Queen Javila, runs the Royal Household. I used to help her out after Macro found me, but now I have so much else to do. You could learn a lot from her. It would mean hard work, don't get me wrong, but being on her good side will help you immensely."

"Do you really think I could be of use?" Pilar asked doubtfully.

"Not in the beginning, and neither was I," Thesia laughed. "Just listen and learn. Javila is a very good teacher and the smartest woman I have ever met."

"Won't Mother need me?"

"Pilar, helping Mother is something you don't want to do. How can you be good at it if you hate it? Working for Javila you would do something that you enjoy."

"And what is that?" Pilar asked curiously.

Thesia actually grinned. "Running things. You love giving orders, you love being in charge."

Pilar's face fell. "Am I really that bad?"

"I did not say that it was a bad thing. You love being in charge. You love taking responsibility. If Javila teaches you how to do it right, you can be very happy and of great benefit to us."

"But if Macro ascends to the throne, you will be First Queen or whatever they'll call you."

"And just who would be better suited to run the Palace for me than my own sister?"

Pilar gaped at her. "You would trust me with such a task?"

"Not yet," Thesia smiled. "I could not do it myself right now. But I trust you to learn and to try your best."


The voyage was swift as the winds favoured the ships. They carried more passengers than anticipated. The opportunities Macro offered had convinced a number of Hani craftsmen and their families to take a chance and start a new existence in Tanitsar, well outside the stifling rule of the guilds.

The Eldermen had been dismayed, to say the least, that, of the two hundred former Hani slaves, sixty-nine chose to return to Tanitsar. In private, Brugar admitted that the Eldermen were questioning the wisdom of offering refuge to the former mine owners. The dispute about the ore trade was unresolved, and the Hani guilds had already sent out ships to find suppliers on the islands to the South, even while Macro's ships were still in harbour.

Macro was slightly worried about the possible outcome and about his father's reaction, but he was relieved that he could at least bring a good number of metal workers with him. Having Eloa on board was an added bonus, the value of which was hard to fathom. The Civil Arts Academy that his father was planning could now educate the next generation of young people in arts that had formerly been considered lost.

Macro had quickly decided that he liked and respected his mother-in-law. Not the least of his admiration stemmed from the fact that she had prepared a salve from ingredients Brugar provided secretly. Every evening and every morning, Eloa rubbed the salve into the scarred skin of Alana's cheek, and even after just a week the contours of the scars were dissolving. Macro did not even see those scars when he was with Alana, but he knew his second wife to be self-conscious about them. Macro realised that the impressive skills Thesia possessed were but a small fraction of Eloa's vast knowledge.

Thesia's sister, Pilar, was an unknown for Macro. True, she had apologised to Thesia and to everybody else with obvious remorse, but Macro could not bring himself to trust the silver-haired girl yet. Her envy of Thesia had been blatant and Thesia's red eyes when they emerged from the sleeping cabin after their confrontation had not made Pilar his favourite either. Yet, when he looked at the girl, he felt an attraction that he could not deny to himself. Part of it was her likeness to the woman Macro loved, but there was more and that bothered him.

°°°

"Land ho!"

The call of the lookout made Macro come on deck. Three days ago they had arrived at Tabar, touching land for the first time since sailing from Hanilei. Tabar had been quiet during the civil strife. For once the Steward of Tabar had kept the reins in his hands, even subduing a small group of lesser nobles who had foolishly tried to take over the harbour fortifications.

Macro had visited the Steward's palace, allowing the man to make formal acquaintance of the Princesses. The Steward and his extended family had been quite proud of the visit.

But now they were approaching Tanitsar proper, and he could see the white marble of the New Palace. Drawing closer, Macro could even see the lower Princes' Palace, his home.

Thesia came on deck with her mother and sister, showing them their future home. Macro joined them pointing out places of interest.

Alana showed too. Her left cheek was slightly reddish from the application of the salve, but it looked so much better. Macro kissed her other cheek. Eloa had cautioned him of the effect the salve might have on his lips.

"We are showing Eloa and Pilar the most important buildings."

Alana smiled. "Did you show them the Academy building?"

"Which one?" Macro asked raising his eyebrows.

"The new Civil Arts Academy," Alana replied archly. She looked at Eloa. "If you look to the left of the New Palace and a little down the hill, there is a red sandstone building with the domed centre. That will be the new academy."

Thesia gasped. "That's your father's palace!"

Alana smiled sadly. "Can you think of any use for this palace that my father would have approved more? Learning the law, the languages, the healing arts – all that meant so much to him. This is how I want him remembered, and not as the unwilling, unfitting pretender."

Macro hugged Alana from behind. "Are you quite certain that you want this?"

Alana nodded emphatically.

"I would think that the 'Prince Elbar Academy' will be an apt name for it."

Alana spun around in his arms. "Are you serious?"

"My father will like it. He and your father were friends when all was told."

"It would mean so much to me!" Alana whispered.

"We'll have a statue of him for the entrance hall," Macro said. "A statue of him with his beloved scrolls in his arms."

Thesia came closer and whispered into Alana's ear. Alana blushed first, but then she laughed.

"Absolutely!" she answered.

Macro looked his question, but Thesia slid up against his body and whispered in his ear. "We just decided that you will be a very happy prince tonight."

Macro's grin extended to his ears. Thesia grinned back. Pilar could not resist cracking a joke.

"By the way, do not bother to found a 'Lutar Centre of the Crafts'. Thesia and I can make do without his memory."

That caused laughter all around. In the meantime, the leading caravelle was approaching the fortified entrance of the harbour. From the citadel they could hear the prescribed number of gongs, nineteen, sounding over the entire harbour and the city and signalling the approach of members of the royal family. Odar himself commanded twenty-one gongs.

Lamas greeted them at the head of a half column of Royal Guards. Anais was first over the side to report to her superior. When Macro stepped down onto the quay with the two princesses and Thesia's family, the guards in the black tunics and blackened body armour saluted stiffly.

Despite it being a workday, many citizens watched and cheered Macro and his wives as they walked the wide Harbour Street towards the Princes' Palace. Many of them showed the tattoos or brands of former slaves, but there were enough ordinary citizens among the cheerers to signal the change that Tanitsar was undergoing.

The Princes' Palace was still guarded heavily, but Lamas had moved their belongings back from the New Palace. As they walked, he told Macro to be prepared for another wedding two weeks hence. Jolia was eager to join Lamas as soon as possible and with Procopius' grudging permission she was already living in Macro's old rooms in what was now Lamas's wing of the palace.

She was there to greet them too. Macro hugged her spontaneously and she beamed back at him laughing happily. Then Thesia and Alana were at the receiving end of her hugs, and after a hurried introduction, Eloa and Pilar were next.

Macro and Thesia looked at each other and smiled. Gone were Jolia's drab and shapeless robes. The new Jolia wore a simply cut robe of heavy, red silk, contrasting beautifully with her dark brown hair. With an inward smile, Macro acknowledged that there had always been a female body hidden under those ugly robes. Lamas, the sly rascal, must have known this. No way his brother wanted to marry Jolia for her brains only. He turned to his brother.

"Do you realise how lucky you are? Ugly and dumb as you are, you still get the smartest and most beautiful girl Tanitsar can offer."

Lamas laughed. "Don't I know this! I need to marry her quickly before the potions wear off and she sees clearly again."

"Stop that, you two!" Jolia huffed. "I would think that you, Macro, are in an odd position to accuse your brother of being lucky."

"So true, Jolia," Macro laughed. He turned to Lamas. "How are our father and mother?"

"They are both fine. Odar seems a little tired lately, but he's probably worked too much. Javila is busy as usual. With Thesia gone, she will need a new helper."

Thesia nudged Pilar forward. "Lamas, my sister, Pilar, could help your mother. She wants a task, and I could not think of a better teacher."

Lamas appraised the silver-haired young woman. "I hope that you know what you're getting into, Pilar. Thesia was so desperate to escape Mother that she was willing to marry Macro."

That earned him a swat from Jolia, but they all laughed. Pilar looked at them shaking her head.

"What?" Thesia asked, noticing her look.

"You are all so normal. My fiancé's family never laughed or joked. They were all about business decisions and gold."

"Be grateful that you escaped them," Alana advised. "I too had never known friendly banter in my youth. My father was a friendly man, but he never joked."

Lamas's eyes narrowed, looking at Alana, and he blurted out his question before his brain could catch up with his vocal chords. "What happened to your face, Alana? Your scars, they're almost gone!"

Alana only blushed slightly. "The Priestess Eloa has prepared a salve for me. My scars are not showing that much anymore."

"Not showing much?" Lamas expostulated. "They're gone. I mean, not that they were that prominent, they were just..."

His voice faltered with his realisation that he had put his foot solidly into his mouth. Jolia laughed.

"That's my fiancé, the man of the world. Forgive him, Alana, he's just a man."


"Macro, Prince and Vice-regent of Tanitsar, my King!" the chamberlain announced.

Macro stepped into the council hall. Odar was there, as were Regula and Javila, the Chief Envoy and several other officials.

"Welcome home, my son!" Odar exclaimed. "What news do you bring?"

"Mixed news, my Father and King," Macro answered. "I fear that our relationship with Hanilei is damaged."

The men at the table began to ask agitated questions, but Odar held up his hand. "Let my son give his report first!"

Macro smiled and bowed. "The bad news first. The traitors, Ebonas and Lithris, were granted a safe haven in Hanilei and they seem to conspire against us, claiming continued ownership of the ore mines."

"That is indeed grave, Macro," Odar said. "Did you tell the Eldermen of the charges against these men?"

"I did, my King, but to no avail. I broke off the talks of new ore shipping contracts to show them that we are serious. They still remained adamant. Ebonas and Lithris are indeed honoured guests, if not more.

"There is more. Brugar's plans to resurrect the Temple of Helas have met with fierce resistance by the other Eldermen. They incited mobs to burn the house of Thesia's father, and Brugar had to shelter the Priestess Eloa and her older daughter, whilst Lutar abandoned his wife."

"That is quite regrettable," Odar opined. "I wish we had foreseen this turn of events. We could have offered our hospitality to the priestess."

Macro smiled. "This is the good news, my King. The Priestess has agreed to accompany us to Tanitsar and to assume a position as Mentor in the planned Civil Arts Academy. I foresee immense gains for us once she trains healers.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.