The Tales of Tanitsar - Cover

The Tales of Tanitsar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Chapter 5: Revelations

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 5: Revelations - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

It was a month later. Macro, with Lamas, Javila, and a very nervous Thesia, walked the short distance to the New Palace. Ten soldiers of the Royal Guards escorted them, as befitted the First Concubine and the Commander of the Guards. The clinking of the guards' armour filled the quiet evening.

They could hear music from the taverns as they walked. The moon of mourning for Queen Ada was over, and the citizens of Tanitsar were eager to resume their normal life. Even in the Palace things were returning to normal. This evening's dinner reception was the official signal.

When they arrived, the old chamberlain announced them.

"Macro, Vice-regent of Tanitsar; Lamas, Commander of the Royal Guard; Javila, First Concubine, and the Maid Thesia of the Vice-regent's household."

The hall was already filled with people. The chamberlain guided Macro and Lamas to the head of the table, just to where the dais ended. Javila and Thesia, by contrast, were seated at the foot end. Thesia's fearful look cut through Macro's heart, but there was little he could do. A slave, even a favourite one, did not sit with the high officers of the realm.

Macro and Lamas sat side by side, in the plain black of soldiers. Around them, a number of dignitaries were seated, mostly noblemen of the old order, and they wore resplendent, ornate clothes to show their wealth and power to the world.

The looks directed at the brothers were mixed. A good number of the nobles had given friendly greetings. Macro's military exploits had garnered him respect, and his handling of the office of Vice-regent had increased that. Within a few months, the widespread corruption within the city's administration had been suppressed. Lamas, as Commander of the Guard, was also treated with respect. He was the sword arm of the King and received respectful greetings, for the Guard had far reaching powers in Tanitsar.

There were others, men and women who looked with contempt at the sons of a pleasure slave, and resented the high offices held by the brothers. Those nobles were mostly linked to Botho of Clonal, a cousin of the late King Lorsa. Botho, at almost sixty years of age, was the focal point of all those who wanted to restore the House of Clonal to power.

The object of their devotion was Elbar, the son of Lorsa, and in their view the true pretender to the crown. He was a small man, invariably polite, and obviously quite content with his life as it was. He was known to be a learned man, and he enjoyed the theatre and music. His main interest, as everybody knew, was the study of history. He sat across from Macro and Lamas and had nodded a friendly greeting. Macro liked the man and his unassuming demeanour.

His musings were cut short when a herald announced the King, who entered with his three remaining wives to take their seats on the dais. An old man in plain but expensive clothes walked in the King's wake. He was tall and skinny, and his sole sign of rank was a heavy gold chain around his waist. A Hanilei Elderman!

Macro remembered hearing that an important personage from Hanilei had landed that morning, but he had not thought it would be one of the five men who ruled Hanilei. Something big must be brewing.

The Elderman was seated on the dais, but a few seats away from the King. Two seats were left free. That was a curious arrangement, but the guest did not seem to mind. Another seat, Queen Ada's was also left empty.

As soon as the King and his guest were seated, the first course of fish was served. No wine or spirits had been served to the waiting guests, but now, servants filled the heavy pewter cups with a light white wine that complimented the sea fish. As was his custom, Macro drank sparingly. Lamas did not drink wine at all; his watchful gaze wandered through the hall incessantly. This was the first royal reception under Lamas' protection, and he took his duty seriously.

After the first course, the King stood and his guests dutifully followed suit.

"My noble Lords and Ladies, honoured officers of the realm, my dear guests," the King began. "As is our custom, the mourning for Ada, Queen of Tanitsar, ends today. Let us from this day forth remember only her life and cherish the memory of it."

He paused giving his wives and his guests a chance to reflect on the deceased.

"Next, let me welcome my guest, the Elderman Brukar of Hanilei." The austere looking man bowed politely. "It is not often that we are honoured by such high-ranking visitors, and I greet you, Brukar!"

When the polite applause died down, the King took a sip of wine before he continued.

"As is our custom, I have to select a new wife to fill the void in my court."

The nobles listened up. This would be interesting. A new wife could mean that a body heir to the King may be born. Macro became tense as did Lamas. Macro saw his brother's hand on the hilt of the short sword, ready to react to any threat.

"I have mulled the options. No noble widow of proper family is unwed in Tanitsar. The daughters of the noble families are young and deserving of a better fate than to wait upon an ageing king."

Here the King nodded towards Elbar of Clonal, who, strangely, nodded in smiling agreement. He had a daughter of marriage age, the Noble Alana, and many had pegged her as future Queen.

"As my age advances," the King continued, "I become set in my ways, and change loses its appeal for me. For over twenty years, my wives have stood beside me, in good times and in bad. I do not wish to unsettle them by adding a fresh face to my court.

"For this reason I shall invoke my Master's Privilege. Javila, daughter of Heran, step forward!"

A murmur arose as the assembled dignitaries began to understand. Javila had stood from her chair, and she walked along the long table until she reached the dais. Bowing deeply she waited.

"Step up, Javila," the King spoke.

Javila took the two steps up to the dais and stood before the King. With both hands, the King reached for her collar, and with a mighty twist of his still powerful hands, Odar broke the collar in two. Macro suppressed a smile realising how a gold smith must have weakened the collar in preparation for this ceremony. Javila knelt and received the broken halves of her collar.

"Javila, daughter of Heran, you having served me bodily for twenty and five years, I break your bondage and take you for my wife as our law allows. Rise, my Queen Javila!"

The tension in the room was thick. The noblemen as one looked at Botho of Clonal for guidance. Of course, they all knew this law. But to use it to raise a slave to queen? Before the old man could vent his wrath in proper words however, Elbar of Clonal stood up.

"Long live the Queen Javila," he spoke with his usual soft voice. "And long live King Odar, for the Glory of Tanitsar!"

Then he sat down again smiling shyly. Old Botho turned purple. He took a deep breath and looked around. His followers were as surprised as he was, both at the scandalous announcement and at the unexpected reaction from their pretender.

"I thank the Noble Elbar for his gracious words," the King spoke, and his voice made clear that he did not encourage further discussions of his announcement.

Javila had quickly taken the free seat on the King's left side. The King took her hand and kissed it briefly before he continued.

"This will also settle the long-standing question of succession. My new wife has born me two sons who already added honour to my crown. Stand, Prince Macro! Stand, Prince Lamas! Stand, and take up your rightful positions at my side!"

It was only then that Macro realised why those seats had been left empty. Blushing in spite of themselves, the two brothers stood and ascended to the dais. One after the other, they were given a formal hug by the King and then stood behind the empty chairs to the King's left.

"Now that my family matters have been resolved, I ask you, my Nobles and Freemen, to raise your glasses in honour of Queen Javila and of my sons, Macro and Lamas!"

"Long live the Queen! Long live the Princes!" the chamberlain intoned.

The answering voices were mixed in their response. Some were cheerful, some were reluctant, and some were downright hostile. The King raised his glass once more.

"Now, at last, I ask you to enjoy yourself and to be merry on this joyful occasion!"

The serving of the second course, a marinated beef roast, quelled most of the heated exchanges at the lower table. The King bent over to his sons.

"Take good note of who is your friend and who is your foe. Tonight, their emotions are on the surface."

Macro nodded to that. He had already noted the expressions of many of the noble guests. The second course was eaten almost in silence. This helped Macro to regain his equanimity.

Then, from Lamas' left, the Elderman spoke. "I shall need your assistance to complete my mission, Prince Macro. Your father, the King said this was your jurisdiction as Vice-regent of Tanitsar."

Macro looked to the right. The King gave him a nod in affirmation.

"I shall be happy to be of service, worthy Elderman. What is your pleasure?"

"I was charged to ransom the Hanilei citizens presently in a state of slavery in Tanitsar. Your father assured me that your office has records of all the slaves."

"That is indeed so," Macro nodded. "I can direct one of my scribes to prepare a listing of all slaves whose origin is Hanilei."

Suddenly, Macro realised the implication. Thesia! She was from Hanilei. The thought of losing her made him sick. He had to find a way!

"According to our laws, you would have to buy them in order to set them free, worthy Elderman."

The Elderman turned pale. "And by Hanilei law, I would end on the gallows if I bought a slave, even for the purpose of freeing him or her," he stated.

Macro had an idea. It would solve his own problem, and it would solve the Elderman's problem. "Worthy Elderman, is this to be a one-time initiative or would you rather have all of your citizens freed as soon as they are landed in Tanitsar?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.