The Tales of Tanitsar
Chapter 2: New Tasks

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 2: New Tasks - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

A servant announced Macro, and he was received by Magister Procopius himself in his large study.

"Ah, the conquering hero," Procopius greeted him. The friendly smile let Macro know that the old man was only teasing him. "And you visit me on your first day back?"

"Yes, Magister. I need to know of all new laws and Royal edicts of the past year. The King has tasked me with an important position, and I need to be prepared."

"Yes, as vice-regent you will have need of such knowledge. There have been quite a few changes as a matter of fact. Most of them affect slavery and the slave trade. Unfortunately, I need to speak at the Academy in two hours. Perhaps Jolia could fill you in?"

"That would suit me fine, Magister. I remember her zeal quite well."

A servant was sent, and after a few minutes a young woman of twenty-two years appeared. Macro gave her a friendly smile, a smile that was returned shyly. Jolia always behaved shyly, he mused. It just was her way.

Perhaps it had to do with the fact that she considered herself unattractive. Of medium height, not slender and graceful, she was not fat either. It was hard to tell what she was as her unbecoming clothes hid most of her figure. To Macro, her most beautiful feature were her dark brown eyes. They were large, expressive and restless, reflecting her restless, brilliant mind.

"Jolia, my dear. The commander has asked me for a run-down of the new edicts and laws. Unfortunately, I am short of time. Could you give him the information? As you know, he will be the new Vice-regent of Tanitsar. He needs and deserves our support."

"Of course, father. Is the Noble Macro content with me?"

"I wouldn't know about the Noble Macro, but Macro, Javila's son, will be more than happy with your tutoring, Jolia."

She blushed. "If you will follow me to my study, No ... err Macro?" she offered.

She led the way when he nodded. Her study was adjacent to her father's, and her desk was even more cluttered with books. She sat behind it while Macro cleared another chair of a few scrolls and sat himself. Smiling at her with affection, he pulled a parcel from the bag he carried.

"First of all, I brought a present for you."

"Oh..." she blushed again and he had to nudge her with the parcel. With unsteady fingers, she opened the wrappings, and then her face began to glow with excitement.

"The new Civil Code of Hanilei!" she almost shouted. "Where did you find that?"

"A scripture trader on Tabar sold it to me. I had been looking for something to bring for you. I knew you'd like books better than anything else."

"I shall read it tonight. It is the first I have seen so far. May I show it to Father?"

"It is yours, Jolia," Macro answered smiling and delighting in her enthusiasm.

Jolia took a deep breath. "Now, for the new laws and edicts. First of all, the King has established a special court of law to deal with all matters concerning slaves. The court has exclusive jurisdiction, and a slave owner is no longer allowed to mete out any punishment beyond a simple caning. The penalties for transgressions are rather severe, but at least they were devised to fit the deeds."

"And the planters and mine owners, did they not protest?"

"A few, the predictable ones, did indeed. Most of them seem to be relieved to hand over such matters to court officers, especially if it's a capital punishment or a severe flogging. There is also another side to this. The wanton killing or maiming of a slave is now a punishable crime as is torturing. The King has called the new law the "Slave Act". Oh, and yes, the branding of slaves falls under the torture provision. Only tattoos are allowed, and only by a licensed tattoo artist."

"What are the penalties?"

"Flogging for lesser infractions, penal servitude in the mines for killing, maiming, and torture," Jolia grinned. "The latter was my idea, and I sold it to my father. It's almost a form of poetic justice. Oh yes, all the slaves of a man found guilty are forfeit to the crown."

Macro whistled softly and Jolia continued.

"The King is planning an edict banning the enslavement of free citizens and subjects of all neighbouring nations that are at peace with us. The Eldermen of Hanilei have already threatened us with a complete trade embargo if slavers from Tanitsar continue the trading of Hanilei citizens."

Macro whistled again. "That could be quite a blow to us. I will have to set up controls of all incoming slaves."

"It is time that somebody enforced those laws. Father complains that the overseers of the harbour and the market should do more. Most likely they are bribed by the slave traders."

Macro nodded to that making a mental note to oversee the overseers.

"There is a new set of tariffs in place. I'm not too familiar with these issues; you'll have to ask the Treasurer."

Macro nodded. Taxes and tariffs were the Treasurer's domain, but as Vice-regent he might be required to offer assistance.

"Oh, and a number of new laws are under discussion in the Council. One is of particular impact as it provides that children born to slaves are free of their bond with the passing of their eighteenth year."

Macro understood the impact immediately. There were a number of slave breeders on the islands who kept female slaves for just one purpose: to breed new slaves. But what... ?

"What if they sell them or swap them to foreign traders before they turn eighteen?"

"Yes, your mother saw this immediately. No slave child may be traded at all, nor leave Tanitsar."

"How does the Council think about this?"

"Let's see. There is the Duke of Beyreth. He is a soldier foremost, like yourself. Freed male slaves mean more volunteers for his troops. He'll be all for it."

That was true. Plus, the Duke was a brother-in-arms of the King; he had received the Dukedom as a reward for his loyalty.

"My father is a given, and so is Queen Regula. The Chief Envoy, Petras, is all in favour of abolishing slavery in its entirety. He's spent too much time in Hanilei to accept it anymore. The Treasurer is undecided yet. He is weighing the slave tax against the taxes paid directly and indirectly by the freed slaves. He'll come around. Then, there is the Steward of Tabar, who is in a weak position given his dismal performance against the pirates. He'll side with the winner I'm sure. Of course, the Vice-regent of Tanitsar has not declared himself," she ended with an impish grin.

"We may have to face a revolt by the slave owners. Our economy is built on slavery. Even my mother is against an immediate abolition."

"So true. That's why we'll have another edict. Craftsmen from other countries who settle in Tanitsar and who apprentice young men and women from Tanitsar will be exempt from earnings taxes for five years. The King wants to have more crafts and manufacturing in Tanitsar. The ore found in the mines is shipped to Hanilei for small money, and we import the goods made from it back from Hanilei for a high price. Only the Hani profit when you look at it."

Macro looked at the young woman with admiration. She was so smart and knowledgeable! Her mind was a treasure. Some thoughts must have shown on his face, because Jolia blushed deeply.

"Jolia, I must thank you for the insight you have given to me. You know how much I value you?"

"I'm just a bookworm, and I..."

"You are far more, Jolia. Would you agree to counsel me in my new position? I need you desperately to help me find my way through all the laws and edicts which you store and retrieve with such ease in your formidable brain. Please consider! I must be on my way now. Ask your father and think it over."

"I feel honoured, and I will think about it."

"Thank you, Jolia."

When he hugged her to give her the customary kiss of friendship on the cheek, he felt her tremble in his hands. Nevertheless, she kissed his cheek back.


Javila was at home when he arrived, and he quickly explained the purpose of his visit to Procopius and Jolia. That earned him an approving kiss from his mother.

He dressed carefully in the black tunic, trousers, and boots of a Royal Archer. A silver crescent moon and three stars on his chest showed his rank. The unadorned leather belt around his waist held his two swords. His dark brown hair was tied back with a black leather thong. The soldiers of Tanitsar's Royal Army did not wear splendid uniforms, much in contrast to those from neighbouring nations.

Lamas was clad almost identically, except for a small breast plate that hung from his neck and identified him as an officer of the Royal Guards. To compensate for her sons' lack of resplendence, Javila wore a blue silk dress, a belt made of gold plates with small sapphires, and of course, her gold and sapphire slave ring. Her mane of blonde hair was tied back and braided as befitted a slave. Her posture, however, belied that. She was the most powerful woman in all of Tanitsar, and her gait showed that she knew it.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.