The Totem King - Cover

The Totem King

Copyright© 2010 by Carlotta James

Prologue

Fantasy Sex Story: Prologue - Clara Daniels is on the run. Her parents were brutally murdered and her brother kidnapped by the perpetrators - a superhuman group of elite female assassins. Now they’re after her. But she must stay one step ahead of them while trying to rescue her brother. Help comes in the form of, Azrael, a dark and mysterious man who has haunted her dreams for as long as she can remember. (Note: Being Australian myself, this story is inspired partly - and loosely - by Australian mythology.)

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Extra Sensory Perception   Mystery   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal  

Selene Daniels sat at the fancy restaurant table across from her husband Jason, picking at the remains of her chocolate soufflé. It was date night, just the two of them together, which is something they'd been doing since they married 25 years ago. 'To keep the romance alive in their relationship' her husband liked to say. It worked too. She was still as madly in love with him as she was the day they met. They had two beautiful children together, twins; Clara and Lincoln.

Although they'd moved around a lot since the twins were born; fleeing the only home she'd ever known in Australia to keep her family safe from people who meant them harm. Not that the children knew this, of course. They simply thought that their father was in the military so the family had moved because of his postings in different locations around the world. But about a year ago, after Jason retired from the military, they'd settled in New Orleans, Louisiana. She still wasn't sure it was safe for them to remain in one place for so long but they just couldn't run anymore. It wasn't fair on any of them. But despite all this, she couldn't have been happier. She had her health, a man she loved dearly and two beautiful children.

Tonight however, she had a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach, like something bad was going to happen. She checked her phone for what felt like the hundredth time, making sure she hadn't missed a call or a message from one of the kids.

"Still got a bad feeling?" Jason asked, drawing her from her dark thoughts.

She looked up at him, giving him a weary smile. "Yes. I'm sure it's silly. I just hope the kids are ok."

Jason finished a bite of his own dessert then set his spoon down. He rubbed his left arm with one hand, while reaching across the table with the other to twine his fingers with hers. Offering her comfort. "I'm sure they would've called if something was wrong."

"I know. You're right. I just can't get past this gut feeling that something has happened or is going to happen."

He squeezed her hand lightly then drew back and removed the napkin from his lap to set it on the table. "Your gut instincts have never led us wrong in the past. Let's head home, honey, and you can call them from the car."

She looked up at him and smiled a true smile this time, not one that was forced. God, she loved this man. Now in his fifties, he was still as handsome and strong as he was in his twenties. He had beautiful thick dark hair with just a speckling of grey around his temples. His shoulders were broad, his arms strong and his stomach hard and flat. He loved her, cherished her, trusted in her - and she felt the same way about him. Always had and always would.

He now held out his hand, to help her up from her chair. He pulled her up and into his arms then kissed her tenderly on the mouth.

"Thank-you." She said, drawing back to whisper the words against his mouth. "I love you."

He smiled then kissed her again. "Anything for you, baby. I love you too."

They paid their bill then walked hand in hand out to the car located in the restaurant's parking lot. He opened her door, waiting for her to climb in before getting in on the other side, behind the wheel. Once they were underway, Jason took her hand in one of his. While keeping the other on the wheel, he kissed the backs of her fingers lightly.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.