Brand New Girlfriend - Cover

Brand New Girlfriend

by Jake Rivers

Copyright© 2007 by Jake Rivers

Humor Story: What can Joe do when his girl says she wants to date others? Just a bit of fun, if you crack even a slight smile, I'm happy. If you actually grin, shoot me an email. I think I had this posted before - don't remember.

Tags: Ma/Fa  

Author's note:

This is based on Steve Holy's great song. Words and music copyrighted by Shane Minor, Bart Allmand and Jefferey Steele.

A bit of fluff — best read with tongue firmly in cheek! This story is a special request from my sister.

SAY WHAT?

"She said, "I need some time to find myself,

I need a little space to think."

Candy, my girlfriend of the last two years, had just put a twist in my world I neither wanted nor needed. I looked down at my glass of bourbon — looking for answers. Maybe it worked like tea leaves: I stirred the ice with my finger watching the swirls with rapt fascination, looking for answers. Hell, I thought, as I walked over to the bar wondering if more whiskey would give better swirls, even one answer would be great.

I'd been sitting in my den, half watching the Broncos trying to make a comeback. What I was really thinking about was the appointment with the jeweler this afternoon. I was ready to pop the question to Candy and I knew — I mean I really knew — she was ready to settle down with me. Shows how much I knew.

"I need some time to find myself."

Damn, an interception!

"Joe! Did you hear me?"

"I'm sorry honey. Did you see that runback? What was it you wanted?"

"I really need some time for myself."

"Well, that's fine honey. We don't have to go to my folks this weekend."

"Joe, you aren't listening to me — I need some space."

"Candy, things are a bit tight right now but maybe after the first of the year we can remodel the baseme..."

"Dammit, Joe! Listen to me. I need lots of time. I need lots of space ... personal space. Is that clear enough for you? I don't even have enough space to think!"

"Well, Honey, I guess I'm a little slow. Just what did you have in mind?"

"Maybe we should start seeing other people.

Baby, things are moving way too fast for me."

"Well, Joe, things are just moving too fast for me."

"Geez, Candy. We've been living together for two years. Just how slow do you want to go?"

"Joe, baby, it's not just the speed. I think, well, maybe we should start seeing others."

Wow, look at that sack! I bet the quarterback thinks he has three fullbacks on the next play.

"Ummm, what did you say honey?"

"Joe, dammit. Pay attention. I said maybe we should see other people."

"Candy, we see people all the time. We just had Steve and Ellie over for dinner a couple months ago."

"Joe, you fool! We should start dating."

"But, honeybun, we have been dating for three years now."

"Damn you, Joe, listen to me. I mean we should date other people."

"But, baby, I don't want to date anyone but you."

Whining a little now, she went on, "Well, I do. I want to date someone else."

"You mean, like, you want to date other guys?"

"There is a God! You are finally listening."

The QB must have picked the right fullback — he was sure running lickety-split for the end zone.

"Huh?"

"Joe, I've got a date tonight and it's not with you. Now get the hell out of here so I can get ready."

Now if this fool can make the extra point I can win twenty bucks.

"Say what?"

BRAND NEW GIRLFRIEND

I picked up the shattered pieces of my pride and walked down to the corner bar. I got my beer just in time to see the Seahawk guy take the kickoff on the fly and squirt 81 yards as time ran out. Guess it wasn't my day.

I wasn't too sure what Candy was up to, but she sure seemed set on doing it. I was proud of myself — I was taking the high road and giving Candy a little space. She was probably just confused ... maybe it was some female problem.

I went outside to get some fresh air and say goodbye to my twenty bucks. I was thinking I was doing the right thing with Candy. You know, doing what any gentleman would do.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.