Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 2 - Catalyst
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2010 by Risq

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Dusty is starting to adjust to his new life in a new world of magic, but that new life is again going to change. In the middle of choosing which of the four women he wants to be with he is given a new mission to find out how children are being kidnapped and why monsters are attacking a town. Just as he feels it couldn't get any worse a "new" distraction then arrives to knock him off his game.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Drunk/Drugged   Magic   Fiction   Slow  

"Are we ready?" asked Marie

Seeing everyone nod at her they started out of the gathering hall and headed down the road in the general direction of the city that they would eventually start their assignment.

Marie knew that this mission was one that was given to Dusty by the council, via their guild, and she knew like always he would fill them in. He always shared all info with the team, but away from prying eyes and ears.

As they walked Dusty was surprised at how Marie didn't seem to be acting any different than she normally did, even after what had happened this morning. She as still laughing and talking with everyone, himself included, as if it was a normal everyday event.

Rachel still had a coy smile for him from time to time as they walked and changed positions from time to time to get closer to him. Suzan gave him a warm smile and when she thought no one was looking winked at him.

Lori of course gave him a one of heated seduction no matter who was looking their way when she talked. She still kept insisting he share a bed roll or Inn room with her wherever they ended up.

In all, no different from how it normally was, thought Dusty.

About ten miles down the road Dusty started talking about the mission once he felt they were far enough away.

"Ok now it seems that the newest mission is for us to find out what's going on in the town of Steele Creek. It seems that children are going missing and strange looking creatures are showing up who are attacking the residents of that town," said Dusty as he looked at them.

"Do they know how children are going missing and why?" asked Suzan alarmed.

"No, that's why they want us to investigate it. They believe it magic being used somehow, but they aren't sure why or who's benefiting from it," said Dusty.

"What are the creatures like?" asked Rachel.

As the tracker she wanted enough information as soon as possible to start looking for signs when they reached the outer area of the town.

"That's the strange part. From what information that has leaked out for help they appear to be gross caricatures of humans. All are weirdly deformed in physical status. Some overly large hands and feet, while some with unbelievably large heads and bodies. They all seem incapable of speech and make a weird moaning noise from the reports," said Dusty as he recalled the briefing.

One thing that came in handy with him was that Melkin could brief him and then immediately destroy any of the information provided to Dusty, as Dusty's photographic memory allowed him to recall anything he saw.

"What about the children that have gone missing are the creatures taking them?" asked Suzan.

"Not sure. Often they attack the homes of the missing children's parents which is strange in it's self. But it seems to only be limited to just those homes so far," said Dusty.

"Is there anything else that is out of the ordinary?" asked Marie.

"Well one other thing that I'll need to see for myself. The report also said that the creatures appear to be resistant to all forms of magic and they move faster than they have a right to so that no one can seem to hit them with any weapons.

"Once they even dug a pit to trap the creatures with, but the creatures managed to easily leap out of it," said Dusty.

The girls all looked at him like he was crazy for a moment. It was the same look he gave Melkin when he started to read the report.

"Really? Who was able to cast in the town? Was it a powerful mage?" asked Lori as she at first tried to hold his eyes, but the part of about magic had started to make her think and pulled at her natural curiosity. Dusty could see her eye now shining for something other than him.

"It's a somewhat large town, but it was a former guild researcher and level seven Blue mage, a Christopher Jones, who only has a aptitude for blue it seems. He was the one who reported to the council the monsters and the effect it was having on the town.

"It seems that he tried to handle it himself for awhile but it got to out of hand for him and he was forced to request help. From what I gather he doesn't really want our help, but the mayor is insisting that the council be notified," said Dusty as he looked at Lori.

Lori seemed to beam and started to coyly smile at him.

Risking a glance Dusty looked over at Suzan and he realized that she was trying hard to not be obvious as she watched him and Lori's reaction to him. Dusty knew that based on their last conversation she would no longer be happy about Lori's continued attention.

He also knew that she wouldn't be happy about what Marie did that morning either, but he owed it to her to be completely honest with her about that as well. While they might not be an item yet, if she heard it from another source before he said anything it would become a bigger bomb that he might not be able to defuse.

As this was all playing out Marie was watching the three of them as well.

Dusty and Suzan might think that they had it well hidden, but to someone now paying more attention, they might as well tell everyone they were a couple. And since she was out of the running she was more aware than she had been before.

She still longed to have him in bed with her just once, but as she was starting to be more honest with herself in that that was pretty much all her attraction to him was.

Only Rachel seemed to be out of the loop as she was still trying to wrap her mind around what the creatures might be. One of the things that made her a good tracker was she tried to anticipate what to expect based on her experience and that was where her mind currently was.

"Have there been any deaths so far?" asked Rachel.

"Early on two children were found dead a few days after they were taken. While a few of the creatures have been lightly harmed, none have really had any real injuries done. Most of the time nothing can be done to them," answered Dusty.

"How many children have been taken so far?" asked Suzan from somewhere a touch behind and off to the right of Dusty.

"Over the last two seasons it's been something like twenty three children. I would like to say one a month, but some month's none go missing then there will be something like two or three in a single night. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it," answered Dusty.

He tried to give her a warm smile but her answering smile didn't seem to reach her eyes.

Dusty slowed down and started to walk next to her as he now spoke, and Lori noticed that he did this and wasn't happy. Suddenly Suzan's smile started to become warmer as he walked next to her and spoke with her.

"Rhyme or reason?" asked Suzan with a genuine smile now.

"It's from a playwright, uhm that's someone who makes something that a bard might be telling or singing about and then someone else will help the bard by acting it out. The playwright's name was Shakespeare in my world and he coined that phrase. It means there isn't a reason or pattern to what is happening," said Dusty as she smiled back at her.

"You always seem to have the strangest things to say when we talk to you," said Suzan as she smiled back.

Lori and Rachel watched them and they started to feel there was some kind of undercurrent going on between them. Marie reached that point a long time ago and their actions didn't catch her off guard.

"So you were telling us where we were heading and what to expect," said Lori as she came up and snaked her arm into his.

She pulled it close and held it in between her breasts. Dusty wasn't wearing a long sleeved shirt and he'd have to be a total idiot not to realize that she wasn't wearing a bra and he could feel his arm in between her breasts.

As he looked over in shock at her, he missed the look of displeasure on Suzan's face or the look of curiosity on Rachel. Only Marie looked like the situation no longer involved her.

"I uh, I uh," stammered Dusty before he took a deep breath and started again trying to push the though of those firm but soft globes out of his mind.

Unbidden the last time he saw them encased in her lacy back underwear came to mind and he wondered off hand if she still had the underwear lying around.

"It's the town of Steele Creek," said Dusty as he regained his composure. He was sure he already said that, but he was a bit distracted at the moment.

"Good you have time to tell us more about what life was like where you came from," said Rachel as she came up in between him and Suzan and grabbed his other arm.

She refused to be out done by anyone and she was still sure that she would get Dusty into bed eventually. She never had a problem before and knew if she just listened to him she would eventually find what she needed to know to make it happen for them.

Marie just shook her head and Suzan's face took on a neutral look and Dusty couldn't see it because he was too scared to look at Suzan right at that moment.

So he did the only thing he could, and started talking about his college days and what things he learned there. They always seemed to be interested in what differences there were between the two worlds.


"Sooooo ... you ready to try out sharing a sleeping pack with me on the road yet?" asked Lori softly in the failing afternoon light.

The group had pushed as much as possible and found a clearing that offered some shelter for the night. They were setting up camp before it became too dark.

Everyone had gone in search of something to help quickly with the camp setup, and so it was only himself and Lori left as Dusty setup the stones for an improvised fire pit.

"Lori, as incredible as I find you I can't do that. We both know it wouldn't stop as just sleeping and to do that around the others wouldn't be fair to them. And there is no way I could give everyone a turn at night without dropping dead of exhaustion," said Dusty trying to defuse the situation.

Smiling Lori said "So? I love them like sisters, but I'm talking about you and me right now. Maybe they'll have to wait to get theirs later, if ever," said Lori as she let her voice drop off to a whisper as she came closer and stared him right in the eyes.

He had to admit those deep green eyes twinkled and sucked him right in. He was trying to maintain his composure and not give into her as she stood in front of him making her latest offer.

"Lori, I know you wouldn't want me to do it with anyone else and you just sit by and watch, not knowing if you might get a turn. So I can't do that to them. For now lets just try to get through this mission without anyone getting mad at me or trying to kill me in my sleep," smiled Dusty with a chuckle.

Before he could react Lori grabbed Dusty's shirt and pulled him into a searching kiss. During the kiss she molded herself to his body as she draped her arms across his shoulders.

"Just a down payment on your next magic lesson a little early. We need to practice tonight so that you don't get rusty, and I always give you a reward for doing well," said Lori smiling in her own way as she released him.

Lori's smile got bigger as she felt him respond.

Pulling away she started to set up her area. Dusty was still trying to will himself down as he went in search of clean water to use for cooking later. He enjoyed cooking and the women were all too happy to let him.

Walking through the trees looking for water he stumbled on Suzan savagely kicking several sticks before she picked them up.

He thought about surprising her and coming up behind her, but something in her movements said it would be a very bad idea. Clearing his throat behind her he was able to get her attention.

As she looked up he realized that it looked like she had been crying. He quickly crossed the area and tried to take her in his arms but she resisted and pushed him away.

"Hey what did I do? Why are you mad at me?" asked Dusty.

"Why didn't you set her straight earlier? Why didn't you tell her to stay away from you and keep her hands off you? Why didn't you tell both of them to keep their hands to themselves?" asked Suzan quietly as she stared at him.

"Suzan, we decided that we would tell them after this mission as to not strain things. If I started doing things like that now everyone would get pissed off, they would be upset, and mistakes would be made.

"Telling everyone something like this before a major mission might only distract them and could possibly get everyone killed. This was your idea remember?" asked Dusty.

"Fine, but you don't have to enjoy it so much!" said Suzan as she defiantly looked him in the eyes.

Again crossing the distance he took her in his arms and this time she let him as she held on to her look.

"Suzan, I have never once went and tried to kiss the others. The only one I have ever kissed on my own, where I initiated it was you. You are the only one. Yes I let them kiss me, but this hasn't changed over the last season when you all started this and you've not been upset about it before.

"If I tell them to stop now they will want to know why, if I tell them then we're back where we started. And I know I'd feel guilty if they got killed because of it, just like I know you would.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.