Black Guard Tales - Cover

Black Guard Tales

Copyright© 2009 by Katzmarek

Chapter 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - A story in my Sean Beth and Roger cycle. It is now 13 years since the events of 'Twenty Years On.' Rasida, Rada, John and George have now joined the fierce-some Black Guard - the 'badassed' fighters of Ark society.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Slow   Violence   Nudism   Military  

Far in the distance the morning sun reflected searing shafts of silvery light from the vehicle's skin. Rasida blinked into her far seeker against the glare. Barely glancing to the left she uttered the single word, 'dushtu, ' and felt the subtle movement as two riders promptly peeled off.

"Why the precaution?" Rada, on her right, asked.

"Practice," she grinned back. She took off her black cap and wiped the perspiration from her forehead. Glancing up into the sky she told Rada it was going to be a hot day. "Shall we find out who these people are?"

"Probably some Montseny guys cruisin' in some new cart they made," Rada suggested.

"Hope they're cute."

"Don't care," Rada replied, haughtily. "I have all I want waiting at home."

"Oh, spare me," Rasida laughed. "Anyway," she continued, urging her horse forward. "Let's see how good your daughter is?"

Picking their way over the rough and rocky ground, the two women trotted their mounts in a rough direction towards the stranger.

"So?" Rada asked her friend. "When are you going to find some hot guy to settle down and nest?"

"Huh! Like if I had a round of banshee ammo for every time you've asked that over the years..."

"It's not like you've never had the opportunity. I mean, you've had some really nice guys chasing you over the years. Guys who worship you - that'd do anything..."

"Yeah, well, that may be the problem - I dunno. Maybe just a little too, ah, devoted, huh? And the guys who aren't turn out to be arseholes."

"You want to know what I think?"

"No!"

"I think you don't like guys getting too close - you run. I think it's because deep down..."

"Rada? Will you shut the fuck up? I'm happy as I am."

"Oh, sure, I can see that."

Rasida offered the big finger to her friend and the two trotted on in silence.

Gradually the distant vehicle resolved itself. It's four wheels projected out from the body and were shod with large tyres. The silver body itself, completely enclosed the occupants and there was a wrap around darkened clear view panel around the cockpit. It made no sound at all and Rasida assumed it was electrically driven.

"That looks kinda sophisticated for the Monteny's," Rada remarked.

"Maybe city folks - Connolly's, maybe?"

"Connollys don't come this far into the desert," Rada replied. "I've never seen a vehicle like that, ever. Maybe John might know?"

"Why?"

"Cos I think it's Euro."

"Euro? What? What makes you think it's Euro?"

"No Ark builds anything so, ah, perfect. Functional, sure, but that's, well, aesthetic."

"C'mon, Euros? All this way for what? Goin' cruisin'?"

"Lookin' for hot Ark girls?" Rada looked at her friend, slyly.

"You're over sexed. I've always said it. It's a wonder John keeps up with you."

"I trained him well."

"No other guy wanted you, you mean."

"What? What the fuck? You take that back, sister, or I'll..."

They drew their horses up 100 metres from the vehicle. Rada was still bristling from the remark and unclipped, unfolded, and charged her autorifle fiercely. 'Fuck you!' she mouthed under her breath.

"Chill out!" Rasida muttered back.

Suddenly, a hatch flipped open on top of the vehicle and a belt fed heavy machine gun slid into place on a rail mounting. It covered the pair - trainable, it seemed, remotely from inside the car.

"No, I'm, really pissed," Rada continued. "That was hurtful. There were lots of guys..."

"Look, I'm sorry, but..."

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE!" A loud voice with a clipped accent roared from the vehicle - apparently through loud speakers.

"But nothing, Rasida. You always make these remarks and you don't care who you hurt."

"DISMOUNT AND PUT YOUR WEAPONS SLOWLY ON THE GROUND!" the voice demanded.

"Well, I think you're being too sensitive," Rasida replied. "We've known each other all our lives and if you don't know me by now..."

"See, we are sisters and sisters shouldn't say things to each other that..."

"DROP YOUR WEAPONS!" the voice insisted.

"Al shiyah!" Rasida said casually into her throat mike before continuing the argument with Rada. "Sisters understand each other. Sisters don't make big deals out of nothing. Sisters know they love each other and..."

Suddenly, two small, slim, black clad figures slid up over the vehicle from the rear and dropped a stun grenade into the hatch. They pressed themselves flat as a loud crack ensued followed by a blast of smoke. They then looked up at Rasida and Rada, grinning widely.

"Yes, very clever, but I saw you half a click away." Rasida told them. "You need to move like chameleons. Let the ground be your friend."

"Hey," said Rada to her daughter. "You and Sian did good. Don't let this bitch tell you any different."

Gina, Rada's daughter and the smaller of the two, beamed with satisfaction.

"Oh, great, Rada, now they'll get swelled heads and when they get into a real dangerous situation they'll get all cocky and..."

"Just give them a break, will you. They did everything fine. They've been studying the battle commands, learned how to move silently..."

"I told them they were clever, didn't I?"

"Sure, then you said..."

"Hey!" Gina yelled from the top of the car. "When you're through arguing, do you want to give us a hand with this guy?"

"What guy?" Rasida asked.

"Oh, now you're interested." muttered, Rada.

"Shut up, cow! Let's see what we've got here?"

Rasida and Rada dismounted and climbed onto the vehicle. Inside, a man lay slumped over a plethora of instruments and read outs. He appeared to be the only crew member.

"Would you look at this gear?" Rada remarked. "Euro - told you."

"Hmm," Rasida clicked her tongue. "Couldn't guess what half of this is for. That some kind of navigation screen?"

"Maybe?" Rada replied. "I bet they are those selenium photo electrics. John reckons they're so efficient they actually have to bleed off power else they over charge the batteries."

"Shit, you and John must have interesting conversations these long Summer nights," Rasida sniggered.

"In between fucking like rabbits."

"I so don't want to hear this," Gina told them. "As if I don't know anyway cos you're only across the draft way from my room..."

"Shall we discuss this later?" Rasida suggested. "Let's get this guy out of this thing, huh? Rada? You're the expert technologist. Do you reckon you could drive this?"

"Maybe? What's the plan?"

"We should get him back to camp and find out who he is. Then, I think we ought to report to Suetonius. See what he thinks?"

The women pulled and dragged the driver from his vehicle. All four then slung him over Rada's horse and tied him to the saddle. Rada then climbed back inside and carefully studied the controls.

"Well?" Rasida asked, looking in.

"The drive's pretty straight forward," Rada told her. "All this other stuff is communications, navigation and a bunch of scientific things."

"Such as?"

"Well, here, for instance? This measures soil composition and temperature. and here, this is some kind of magnetometer."

"What's that?"

"Um, well, ah ... Well, put it this way. I know what he was doing."

"What?"

"Mineral surveying."

"Y'sure?"

"Certain. And the stuff was made in Euro. I was right."

"Okay, Rada, you're a clever bitch. And he came from, where?"

"Not far, that's for sure. He doesn't have many supplies."

"Your guess?"

"This nav screen tells it all, ah, oops, um, there! See, there's where he's been and that's where his base is. That would be about 20 klicks North - prolly by the Hook river. You know that shallow bole lake?"

"There?" Rada nodded. "There won't be any water in it this time of year," Rasida said.

"Yeah, but it's flat for klicks. Perfect for landing an airship."

"You're right," Rasida agreed. "And there's an aquifer below, so they could draw up artesian water. It's not a bad place for a base, but it's harsh in Winter."

"True, but with their technology, who knows? They could stay for years."

"In any case, it's Ark Preserve. They've no right to be there. We need to call Suetonius."

"Agreed!" replied Rada.

Rada soon had the vehicle moving and followed the others back to camp. She began to think of her partner, John, and missed him. It's a pity, she thought, that Gina took more after her mother. John was tall, but their offspring tended to small, like her. Still, her fair hair was nearer her fathers in colour and her mothers in length and thickness. Rada watched the pair of friends for a while. So much alike in the way they related - like her love hate thing with Rasida.

Rasida and her could never be separated, of course. Rasida was Sean Beth's and Roger's daughter and thus Sian's biological sister. Like her and Rasida, Sian and Gina were raised as sisters - having been born around the same time.

Rada scanned the readouts in front of her and found an orange LED winking.

"What the Hell is that?" she muttered to herself.

"Pas'to!" The riders heard the warning in their ear buds simultaneously and quickly slid off their horses. Separately, they rolled into whatever cover was nearby. Rasida found a large boulder and concealed herself behind it. Anxiously she scanned the sky before spotting the cross shaped craft coming towards them. She'd no doubt it was a drone, because it was too small to carry a pilot. Heavier than air craft were unknown on this side of the great waters and proof positive the newcomers were Euros.

Rada halted the vehicle and was out of the cockpit in a flash. In seconds she had her autorifle ready and pointing at the sky.

"YOU ON THE GROUND," the drone announced in a booming voice. "YOU WILL CEASE YOUR ACTIVITY AND AWAIT SECURITY. FAILURE TO OBEY WILL CAUSE FURTHER COMPLIANCE MEASURES."

The Arks watched the drone slowly circle their position. Rasida carefully studied the vehicle as it flew over.

"Rada? Can you make the shot?" she called into her throat mike. Rada was by far the better shot than all of them. Rasida had no hesitation in using their assets in the best way possible. "Into the prop at the rear."

"Got it!" Rada replied. Almost simultaneously, Rasida heard the zip from Rada's autorifle and saw the drone falter. The aircraft curved slowly towards the ground and smashed into a hillside about a klick away. There followed a dull boom and a puff of black smoke. "I guess it's 'further compliance measures'," she told Rasida.

"We need to get back to camp. You want to ditch that car?"

"Not yet," Rada replied. "I know how they could find us. There was a locator signal. I could turn it off?"

"That would be a real good idea," Rasida told her, dryly.

Camp was 5 klicks away into the hills. Rada found the vehicle could handle pretty steep gradients and rough ground. Soon they saw the mouth of the narrow valley and spied the watch as they emerged from cover. It was bad manners to remain concealed from your comrades. Presently, Rasida heard her brother George's voice in her ear.

"What's that thing?" he asked. "I thought you were going out for tactical training, not foraging."

"Some surveyor's vehicle. It's Euro. George, we've got trouble behind us."

"What trouble? Euros? What the fuck?"

"We need to call Suetonius. It looks like we have a Euro surveying party camped somewhere near Hook river. Someone needs to go over there and check it out."

"How many of them?"

"Don't know. They have these vehicles and aerial drones. We think they likely came by airship. They talked about 'security' so I guess it's a fairly big set up with police and such."

"You talked to them?"

"They hogged the conversation," Rasida chuckled. "Loudspeakers via transceivers from their vehicles."

"There were some reports of airships sniffing around about six months ago. Suetonius thought they were likely sightseers. I don't recall hearing about any of them landing. If this is true, it could be serious. I'll give the orange alert and get everyone into their positions."

"We've got a bargaining chip, George. The driver of the vehicle is out cold over Rada's horse."

"Oh, is he? I'd like to talk to the guy."

"So would I," Rasida told him.

"Why? Is he a hunk?"

"Oh, fuck you, George. I get enough crap from Rada."

"And you give it out, Rasida, sister. Really, I think you need to rein in your mouth occasionally."

"Uh, huh. So, you've been talking to Rada on securealink. What's the bitch been moaning about now?"

"Autonomy doesn't give you the right to say hurtful things. Especially to someone as close as..."

"Yeah, well, if I can't be a bitch to my sister, who can I be a bitch to?"

"Why be a bitch? You pissed her off for no reason. It seems to me you're dumping your own hang ups onto her. She's really upset. You ought to make up to her."

"Oh, fuck, alright. If it'll shut the two of you up. What do we do with this Euro guy, anyway. Want us to bring him up?"

"Sure. Is he damaged?"

"Just a little concussion. Your sister and Gina whacked him with a stunner."

"Ha-ha! I'll get some paracetamol."

As the girls, followed by Rada in the electric vehicle, arrived at the Black Guard camp, they saw it had practically emptied. Only George and one other, Rud, remained behind as the others had taken up battle positions. Rud, an 18 year old whose gangly frame had only recently filled out, was George's unofficial aide de camp. Being Arks, albeit Black Guards, all positions were 'unofficial.' George, the 'unofficial' leader, held his position through ability and little else.

Carefully, they untied the car's driver from Rada's horse while the girls looked on. Rud fetched a bucket of cold water and upended it over the man's head. George administered a couple of slaps until the guy began to groggily complain. He looked up at his captors with growing alarm - noting their black allsuits, red/black scarves, and grey bandoliers festooned with weapons and ammo.

"My name is George of the Black Guard of the Machnovistas. This is Rasida, my second, Rada, Rud and those girls, there, who clobbered you are Gina and Sian. We have responsibility for this territory of the Ark Preserve. If you wish to do anything within this land you must first gain permission from the Ark Convoke. You don't, therefore, I must ask you to identify yourselves and leave."

"Very formal, George?" Rasida remarked.

"Have to these days. Rud, here, is taking notes, aren't you?"

"Yeah, sure," Rud replied, scrambling through his allsuit for some notepaper.

"I'm, a ... Ah, who, what?" the guy slurred.

"Your name, pal?" Rasida asked.

"Ah, Kurt. Kurt van Hattum."

"Well, 'Kurt van Hattum'," Rada said. "You haven't got the requisite bullshit you need for cruisin' over our territory and you're not allowed to point guns at the Black Guard. That's actually pretty dangerous for you. Anyway, like I said, you've got to get a shitload of paperwork done before you can poke around and, anycase, we don't like mining around here because there's fuck all minerals for even the Arks, let alone smartassed Euros."

"You said that without taking a breath?" George grinned.

"Yah!"

"Impressive!"

"What are you people?" Kurt asked, confused.

"Black Guard, dummy. Don't you listen?" Rada told him.

"Who or what is the 'Black Guard' and how dare you assault me?" the man declared. "I'm on a peaceful mission. If you don't release me and my rover, the company will send security guards..."

"I'm hoping they will," George, shrugged. "The guys are getting a bit rusty - they could use the practice."

"But there's only the two of you and a few girls."

Through the corner of his eye, George could see Rasida and Rada bristle with indignation and he grinned. If that's their attitude, they were in for a surprise or two, he thought. "We have a few more," he chuckled, maliciously. "And, anycase, these 'few girls' knocked you out."

"If you want, we could match up?" Gina declared. "One on one?"

"I was thinkin' the same thing," Sian added. "Draw straws?"

"Dears," Rasida laughed. "I don't want to have to reset his fractured bones."

"I can drop him without breaking anything," Gina insisted. "Leastways, nothing major. Maybe a finger or two..."

"Are you people crazy?" Kurt van Hattum exclaimed.

"Define crazy?" George told him. "We defend what is ours by agreement. If that makes us crazy..."

"But there's plenty of land here? You people can do whatever you usually do and we can go about our business. We don't need to settle things by fighting. Maybe if we just left each other in peace..." Kurt told them.

"And what if?" George considered, scratching his beard. "What if the shoe was on the other foot? A group of Arks arrive at Europort and begin staking out the streets of, what, Brussels? Then we decide there's something under the ground we want, so we just dig it up. We don't ask anyone, because we believe we have the perfect right to take whatever we want when we want it. Don't you think your authorities would have something to say?"

"But, you can't compare," Kurt van Hattum scoffed. "Europe is crowded with people, cities..."

"So, what?" Rada declared. "That's our fault? That's why our ancestors came here in the first place. You think that gives you the right to screw with our way of life?"

"Don't bother, Rada," Rasida said. "It's pointless arguing. Just tell them how it's going to be and send them on their way. They want to object? Fine, bring it on!"

Over the dozen years or so, since George, his sister Rasida and their friend Rada had decided to join the Machnovista band, the Black Guard had evolved into an army and external security police rolled into one. Although from the earliest days, Ark bands had tended to specialise, the Black Guard had remained a kind of elite military wing. Recruits were trained in a comprehensive range of disciplines, notably guerilla warfare. A Black Guard was expected to be able to prevail in unarmed conflict, set shredder mines, pick a sparrow out of a tree with one shot from a klick or more away as well as operate in units of various sizes. Emphasis was placed on creative thinking. It was foolish, so the dictum went, to do everything in the same way and not expect the enemy to adapt and respond.

To obtain a black/red scarf by means of merit, as opposed to trading for one at Convoke, was considered one of the highest honours conferred on any Ark.

When the three of them prevailed on the spokesman and war leader of the Machnovistas, Suetonius, to accept them for training, Rada had twelve month old Gina suckling at her breast. Her partner, John, had taken a little longer, but shortly thereafter, he too followed his heart to Iberica. While George, Rasida and Rada were posted to various units, John remained in Iberica as personal assistant to Suetonius. John was not really a fighter, but, he was smart and had discovered good organisational skills and knack for strategy. Rada visited him as often as she could and, it was said, their frequent time apart enabled them to tolerate each other.

Gina was therefore raised in the Black Guard and learned her skills from her mother. Last Summer, they were joined by Sian, Sean Beth and Roger's daughter, and the two instantly bonded. Sian was slightly taller than her friend, slim, with a pretty face. Gina inherited her mother's mouth and vivacious personality. Sian was more reflective, analytical and introverted. It was said she had her father's 'smarts' and approached each situation with calm consideration, rather than rushing in, as was Gina's tendency. The two thus complemented each other well as a team. Sian and Gina had obtained autonomy, age thirteen, mere weeks apart last Summer and celebrated together at last year's Convoke. Stories about the pair were legend, that year, and Sean Beth, so it was said, had been in despair.

George walked around his positions as the afternoon wore on. He offered confidence here and there to his 30 odd fighters and a pat on the back. In all, his guys were pleased he led them. George had a reputation for being cautious, yet enterprising. He wasn't one for rash heroics.

They'd seen some activity down on the plane. A couple of cars, like the one they captured, had shown up as well as a hover vehicle of some kind carrying a number of troops. George could see the flash of far seekers as they assessed the situation. Each of the cars carried a heavy machine gun and there looked to be a couple of plasma rifles. Apart from that, they didn't seem to be very heavily armed. Behind him, he felt the silent footfalls of Rasida, as she sidled up alongside.

Looking into her far seeker, she asked, "dispositions?"

"Two cars," George told her. "and that hover carrier. My bet it's their security vehicle. Over there, is a zap gun and another by that spur. Each car carries a 12.7 mil like Kurt van Hattum's wagon back there. They have explosive rounds so I've told the guys to keep well behind solid cover."

"What about those plasma weapons?" she asked. "You remember what happened to Roger during that fight with the Religionists all those years ago?"

"Of course I do. The guys know how to fight them."

"But, what if they co-ordinate the machine guns and plasma rifles? The MGs to keep down the snipers while the zap guns recharge?"

"Thought of that," George said, a little too smugly for Rasida's liking. "A couple of the guys are going to circle around behind them with A-7s."

"A-7s?" Rasida looked at him. "They'd need to get in close to ensure a kill. Who'd you choose?"

"Gina and Sian."

"What? You send kids on a mission like that?"

"They volunteered. Who was I to tell them they couldn't do it?"

"George, like, you're the leader? If not you, then who? That's fucking hair-brain..."

"No. Think about it? Those girls move real good across the ground. They're small and quick like ferrets. Gina's a good shot and Sian, well ... who's going to tell her not to go with Gina? They're joined at the hip."

"You're scared of them. I can see that, now. You can't say no to them else they throw a hissy..."

"They'll do fine, don't fret. Rada trained up Gina real good and Sian wouldn't blink unless Gina gives her a nod. Anycase, y'see the way Sian kind of figures things through? Gina always checks with Sian and she always listens. I'm kinda interested how they go."

"Anything happens to them, George, you have to deal with two very pissed mothers."

"Rada, maybe, but Sean Beth would understand."

"I'm not talking about Sean Beth, brother."

"Oh, I see." George shrugged. "Hey, if I thought they were in any way unsafe, I'd..."

"Go and fetch them yourself?"

"Sure." George nodded.

"You'd need to follow us first." Rasida told him as she shuffled back down the hill. Near the valley floor she met up with Rada and gave her the news.

"What?" Rada exclaimed. "I'll kick his arse clean out his..."

"Hey, cool it," Rasida told her. "I kind of understand. If they want to be Black Guard they need to prove themselves. On the other hand, we can give them a little help."

"Yeah?" Rada eyed Rasida, slyly. "How?"

"We slip down and hold their attention while the girls circle around. I'm going to negotiate and you're going to cover me."

"George know?"

"He does now. I left my mike on. That cool, George?"

"Yeah, what the fuck."

"See?" she grinned at her friend. "He's fucking terrified of women, that brother of mine."

"Bullshit, Rasida," George said. "And stop spreading your shit around."

"Oops. Forgot the kill switch."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.