Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 35: Building on Success

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 35: Building on Success - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Colonel Gotti was surprised by the swelling ranks of the Home Guard Militia. Shortly after his units began training with Commanders Kehoe, Porter, Rawlings and Diego at Camp Timmons, Governor Grayson declared that concubines with scores of six point zero and higher could volunteer for militia service. They would be granted sponsor privileges after six month's service and retain them for as long as they remained in the militia on Azahar. The qualified concubine volunteers would be required to participate in the authorized combat training exercises off-world and would be subject to being included when the Home Guard Militia was sent to Earth to confront the Sa'arm on the ground.

This was considered by almost everyone to be a suicide mission, but there were scores of qualified concubines who had seen the newsreels of the carnage wrought by the Swarm on anyone and everyone who had gotten in their path. Even though it was against the odds, almost everyone who qualified volunteered.

The influx of new sponsors from the concubine ranks generated a significant shortage of concubines. The projected success of the education and training available to preteen dependents led to the conclusion that their initial CAP scores would be well above the median of the general population on Earth. This would further reduce the pool of concubines.

The brothel at Barcino had never been fully staffed, but it was soon left with only the total losers who had managed to get picked up at an extraction and later rejected. There wasn't much Decurion Cohen could do to the keep some of them from being recycled.

The young decurion had objected to any concubine being recycled until one of the more violent women used a nail file to kill three other residents in the Civil Service quarters before she was subdued. One of the dead was a child. The AI had repeatedly warned Cohen that the woman was unstable and dangerous, but he refused to accept the need to dispose of her. The deaths haunted his conscience, especially that of the innocent young girl.

A way was needed to extract more concubines than the typical ratio of concubines-to-volunteers without picking many who wouldn't be able to adjust. He really didn't want to set up any concubine for failure and have them condemned to the recyclers. While he was no longer blind to the need, it still sickened him to approve a recycling authorization whenever it was necessary. The need for additional concubines was a problem that he continued working on in the background. If approached correctly, he theorized, the AI might be convinced to allow an increase in the number of unattached concubine-grade evacuees on each ship leaving Earth for one or more of the colony worlds.

The success rate of stray concubine pickups by experienced marines was much higher than that of raw volunteers. Decurion Cohen began to hatch a plan. If the AI would let selected marines pick a few extras during a pickup and break them in on the return trip, then the general shortage could be rectified if the marines themselves didn't become too attached to the new pool of candidates.

There was a precedent for spares being extracted, but the problem would be the 48-hour rule. It might be necessary for an officer of the Civil Service to have a pod on the ship to house the unclaimed baggage, so to speak, but a pod configured as a barracks could house dozens of concubines who had numerous children under fourteen. It just might work!

In the meantime he sent requests through his chain of command asking for excess concubines to be sent his way.


Sergeant Miller continued to delay her pregnancy leave. Budzinski had been both confused and relieved when she opted to not get pregnant during the cruise that had netted the oil geologists from Texas. She didn't want to be benched when the first attempt to dislodge the Sa'arm from a planet was launched.

"Come on, Ray," she pouted. "Just because I don't want to get pregnant now doesn't mean we can't practice."

She had talked Budzinski into setting up their pods next door to each other and was pressing for a merger of their households.

"Why do we need a private connection between our pods? It could actually be a problem for the kids."

She counted with, "Which ones? Rhonda isn't going to molest Doug or Mathew before they turn thirteen. Besides, who is going to give Doug female anatomy 101 on his birthday? That little sexpot you enamored while on leave in Texas only has eyes for you. Beth is busy with her baby. That leaves the pregnant Denise or his mother."

"Rhonda is also pregnant." Budzinski pointed out.

"Not noticeably. Thanks for that, by the way. She and Doug are already good friends, in an older sister kind of way. And who better to teach a young man about sex than an experienced older sister?"

"Melody..." Budzinski started to say.

Miller interrupted him. " ... has been crawling the walls since her fifteenth birthday, Ray. She's doing well in school, but would do so much better if not distracted by raging hormones. You really need to tap her yourself or allow her to spend the night with Roy. He's as good with young girls as Rhonda is with young boys.

"Here's a thought. Get Roy, Rhonda and Melody to show Doug how it's supposed to be done. Then he can practice on both Rhonda and Melody until he gets it right. Roy can backstop him to keep the two from becoming frustrated if oral sex isn't enough."

"I'll think about it." He gave Miller a threatening look when she tried to keep pressing.


No one had a clue that Sir Galahad was inbound until she announced her presence after entering normal space. Captain Collins was amused. "I guess you guys aren't as omnipotent as your legend suggests."

Collins' remark confused the marine lieutenant staffing the CIC, but it got a chuckle from Tuan and Constance when they were alerted that their first space dock customer had returned. Governor Grayson assumed there was some unrecorded history between Azahar and Sir Galahad. Her interpretation of the captain's tone was that he was teasing, and his remark wasn't intended to belittle anyone. She made a note to herself to get nosey at her next dinner party.

Major Stoner had things well organized in the space around Azahar, and it was now perfectly safe for Collins leave only a port watch on the bridge of his ship. He and his senior officers insisted on an evening meal in the colony's original park.

"This place is aging incredibly well," Collins complimented McKinsey. "I especially like the foliage you've added. It looks more like a penthouse garden than a public playground."

"Thank you, kind sir," McKinsey responded. "But the true magician is George Alexiou. He's very protective of all the greenery. I worry about what he'll do if he catches someone picking the flowers." McKinsey didn't laugh convincingly, suggesting that she really wasn't sure about how George would react.

"It really is a pleasant surprise to see you again, Captain." McKinsey said sincerely. "As much as I'd like to think that you came all this way just to see us and our garden projects, I believe you'd need just a bit more motivation to visit the backwoods of the diaspora. What really brings you our way?"

"I'd haul garbage to the dump in my own quarters for the chance to spend a few hours here," Collins replied just as sincerely. "A day in the peace, beauty, and tranquility of this place can renew a crew better than a week anywhere else. But, as you suspected, the higher-ups sent me here for their own reasons."

Collins chuckled, "I have Fleet Auxiliary instructors aboard Sir Galahad who are here to establish a training facility. It seems that you guys are going to be launching ships faster than the existing facilities can train crews to man them. You should have already gotten the official notification weeks ago."

"That may have gone to the Governor's office, or to some bureaucrat who thinks they're in charge of such things. Constance and I are pretty much the hired help around here these days," Tuan said with a clear coating of sarcasm.

Constance countered, "That's not entirely true. It's mostly true, but not entirely."

Her frivolity renewed Collins' chuckling, "I also received orders to move my base of operations here and replace half of my missiles with the skipper things that the eggheads around here seem to have gotten to work."

"Skipper things?" Tuan was clearly clueless.

"Don't mind him," Constance said lightly. "He's been on vacation for about four months. He and some hot babes took a long cruise to somewhere about halfway to Earth. He claims to have set up a colony that can turn around a Kilo-class transport every six weeks, but he'll say anything to get back into my pants after abandoning me like he did."

Collins' first officer, Major Margret Howell, almost choked on the mouthful of food she was chewing. When she realized that she had gotten everyone's attention, she turned an even darker shade of red.

Constance leveled her gaze on Margret, "Yes, I'm visiting boy's town again, and it's all Tuan's fault. He's just so damned good!"

"It doesn't sound like we can be much help for either of your projects, Joseph, other than smoothing the way for your passengers to get settled in. And providing them with whatever they need in the way of facilities," Constance remarked to Collins, who raised an eyebrow at her familiarity, but remained silent. "Will you be able to hang around as long as you did last the time you were here?"

"I believe Valdez is chauffeuring a few geologists around the neighborhood, giving them a chance to practice their craft on several worlds," Collins stated.

"Yes," Tuan nodded in support. "They're applying their seismic surveying skills on a number of potential colony worlds to both locate natural resources and refine their imaging technique."

"When they return, and I'm happy with the new missiles, I'll be taking the geologists and their equipment to a world that's in the path of the Sa'arm, perhaps one where they've already landed." Collins was very grave as he continued, "Once they've made contact with the Dickheads and mapped their warrens, I'm to pull them out and send in marines."

Constance asked, "But until then you'll be in the general vicinity of Azahar and available for social activities, won't you?"

"Careful, Captain," Tuan advised. "You seem to have reawakened the predator in Constance. She hasn't had much to sharpen her claws on since we started mass-producing colony transport ships. We haven't been called upon to do anything new or different in weeks."

The play of expressions that ran across Collins' features in response to her innuendoes told McKinsey that he could probably be had, if she played him right. She tried to be subtle by explaining, "We haven't had much experience with warships around here. The closest we've built is a Tarawa-class, which does have a few guns on it. No one has figured a way to put the big guns I built last year to good use. Maybe you're the one who can show me how a big gun should be used."

Collins smiled. It would seem that he had been paying attention ... and was interested. "Maybe we can address several of those issues this evening. The rest of the pods on Sir Galahad have my family and the families of my crew. I've been thinking a lot about those big turrets that you have floating around here. Maybe we can find a shuttle after dinner and take a closer look at the platform they're mounted on. I understand that the test firing hasn't gone well. Would you care to join me in my quarters aboard Sir Galahad? Shall we say 1900?"

McKinsey smiled, "That sounds wonderful. I don't think I've ever been in a captain's quarters before. I hope you won't mind giving me the grand tour. Sir Galahad has been the star of my favorite fantasies for a long time."

Nguyen remained passive. It was all he could do to keep from rolling his eyes. "I think I remember seeing something about some new type of missile that was being built. If you'll excuse me I'll go see what I can find out."


Admiral Grayson's request for a fleet of capital ships to neutralize the Sa'arm ships in the target system after the hive ship landed was being reviewed by Admiral Gunn. He ordered Grayson and his staff to Truman for an in-depth briefing on the fleet action against the Sa'arm at Wolf367.

Grayson interpreted the order to mean those members of his staff who would plan and direct ship-to-ship combat. He saw no reason to include Colonels Gotti or Bryant. He included Commander McClusky to evaluate the performance of the Presidential-class carriers and their attack craft. He hadn't been impressed by their effectiveness, but he hoped McClusky might have some suggestions.

Rather than accepting Gunn's offer of diverting a corvette to Azahar, Grayson asked Captain Harris of Valdez to take him and his staff to Truman. They could configure one of Valdez's pods as a CIC and use the transit time to replay those records of the battle that had been salvaged.

Much to Captain Collins' dismay, Grayson also asked Major Bronson to accompany him to the conference at Truman.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.