Destination Azahar - Cover

Destination Azahar

Copyright© 2009 by deGaffer

Chapter 6: Managing Expectations

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6: Managing Expectations - How does a colony get ready to take on immigrants? Take a ride with a country boy and a businesswoman from Mississippi and find out how they managed to create a manufacturing sanctuary after being dropped on a backwater planet. Diverse groups converge and turn a barely habitable planet into a Mecca of culture and technology.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Space   Incest   Orgy   Harem   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

Captain Kozlowski invited the two green ensigns and their families to meet with him in the wardroom of Copernicus for dinner the day after all of the logistics had been settled and the pods assigned to McKinsey and Nguyen had been secured to Copernicus. The three ship's officers that McKinsey and Nguyen had not yet met introduced themselves while waiting for the captain to arrive. They had barely finished the exchange of social pleasantries when Captain Kozlowski stepped into the wardroom.

"Good afternoon, everyone," Kozlowski greeted the assembled officers as he returned their salutes and said, "As you were. Ladies and gentlemen, our newest crewmates are new recruits. Part of the arrangements I made with Admiral Forney in having them assigned to our ship was to insure they received proper training as officers of the Fleet Auxiliary. I wanted this meeting to introduce everyone." Kozlowski made a show of scanning the room before adding, "For an astronomer and navigator I seem to have poor mathematical skills. It's clear that this room isn't large enough to accommodate everyone."

When the polite laughter died down Kozlowski turned to his personal organizer and head concubine. "Charlotte, would you please escort our guest's concubines and children to the general mess and gymnasium. I've had the gym set up for the kids to get acquainted. That should make enough room in these tight quarters for the remaining seven of us to be comfortable and become acquainted as well."

When the concubines and children cleared the room Kozlowski invited everyone to take a seat before asking the new arrivals, "Have either of you had any previous military training?"

McKinsey shook her head and Nguyen responded, "No, sir. We did get some sleep-training during the trip from Earth, though."

Kozlowski's shoulders slumped just enough to be noticed. "Well, nothing to be undone then. We'll start with the basics and work things from there. Mister Wallaby, I'm putting you in charge of a sleep-training curriculum as well as practical exercises, and I want everyone to assist. There is normally some leeway given among crewmen during a cruise, but we'll operate under a more formal protocol until we're certain that our new recruits understand the rules of conduct and respond with practiced reflexes."

Kozlowski was certain that it was a stroke of extreme luck to have these two available just when he needed them. During the earlier introductions of the rather large families and the informal discussions that followed, Kozlowski learned that two of Nguyen's concubines were accomplished engineers in their own right. He had read the personnel files for each of the adults, but had not fully appreciated the depth of Margret and Celeste's knowledge from the brief resumes attached to each file and the short interviews he had previously conducted with Nguyen and McKinsey.

During dinner Kozlowski also learned that Nguyen didn't really work for McKinsey. They had not met until after their extraction from Earth. They had only known of each other by reputation. Where McKinsey was assertive and well versed in social graces and values, Nguyen was quiet and relaxed. He appeared to be very comfortable with remaining in the background and working with his team.

After everyone finished a passable chocolate mousse and coffee, Kozlowski gently dismissed Nguyen and McKinsey with, "Well, I should be getting back to the bridge. I suggest that the two of you get settled in and familiarize yourselves with our small ship. Although, with your pods being transferred directly from Asimov there's not likely to be much settling in required."

After the newcomers left, Kozlowski indicated that his four officers should resume their seats and asked, "Opinions, anyone?"

Atanas was the first one to speak up. "I'm a little embarrassed about not checking deeper into the industrial replicator availability. They really showed me up with that little discovery."

"You shouldn't feel bad, Alec," Kozlowski replied. "They didn't find it, they invented it! Actually, I believe one of Nguyen's concubines invented it. Where you are a fine officer and an outstanding astronomer, these two families are outstanding creators of machines that build stuff. They don't build the stuff itself; they build the machines that build the stuff. Oh, you know what I mean!"

"McKinsey is smooth and shrewd," Ensign Johnson pointed out. "I've worked for a lot of people like her. She doesn't miss anything going on in a room and steps into the spotlight every chance she gets. I'm not sure that I like her, but that won't keep me from working closely with her."

"I'll bet Nguyen is a real character when he cuts loose," Ensign Wallaby shared his observation. "He may not be a party animal, but he has a quiet sense of humor buried in there somewhere at the very least. I heard one of his concubines say that his daughter is a loaded pistol, and will be fourteen soon."

"He has a fourteen-year-old daughter?" Ensign Stayton rarely spoke up, but couldn't contain herself. "Did he have her when he was twelve?"

Everyone laughed, but Atanas recovered first. "He's forty-five, Marina. You forget how much the nanites can turn back a biological clock. Plus, he's Asian, and they don't show their age very much until they become ancient. His son is a sophomore at Mississippi State."

"I haven't seen anything yet that makes me believe they'll cling to us when it's time for us to leave them behind on some distant rock," Kozlowski remarked in conclusion. "I think they'll do just fine. It'll take some kind of rare disaster to sneak up on that pair. Nguyen has even configured a medical bay and machine shop into his personal pod. We should be as prepared as those two when it's time for us to head to the far side of the Spur. Be thinking about what-if scenarios and grill them for ideas, gently, every chance you get. Does anyone have questions, comments?" Kozlowski scanned the table and each officer gave him a negative response.

Kozlowski nodded, "Thank you for your candor. We have a lot to do tomorrow, and I recommend we get plenty of rest while we can. That's all, then."


Tuan and Celeste were awakened the next morning by peals of laughter. "Sounds like the natives are getting restless," Tuan remarked. "I should probably get out there before Kim instigates a riot." He gave Celeste a gentle kiss, "Thank you for last night. I really needed to relax and unwind."

Celeste smiled at the praise, "You're very welcome. It was literally my pleasure to be of service."

The giggling pair stepped into the shower. Tuan donned a casual uniform, but Celeste remained gloriously nude as they stepped out of the master stateroom.

All of the kids, including Kim, were clustered around the kitchen table enjoying companionship and stacks of pancakes. Tuan sensed that a giggling food-fight could break out at the drop of the hat and wasn't sure that watching them go at it wouldn't be fun. But Beatrice was in control, although to a casual observer the scene was chaos. Her timing was impeccable. Just as the peak of mischief was approached, she would distract the instigator with a teasing word or playful touch.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.