Battlemage: Book 1 - Beginnings and Discoveries
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2009 by Risq

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - In a world of swords and magic, where one is only able to choose one skill or the other, once every millennium there is born one man capable of using both. But while these men have gained such unbelievable power, it also comes at a cost of a painful hidden legacy. What is that legacy and will the newest Battlemage be able to escape it?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   Slow  

As Caelan reached back without looking he said "tongs."

One would have been surprised to see what looked to be a six season old reaching a pair of blacksmith tongs out to him. But Aric was a young boy that was always curious.

After his brother Jaden and his wife Rayne were killed last season, Caelan took the boy in and tried to raise him as his own.

Caelan's older brother was semi famous as a guard. While he was proficient with a sword, he was an unequaled master of unarmed combat. He met his wife Rayne while visiting the southern end of the continent in a city called "Mariners Deep".

At first Jaden couldn't get Rayne to give him the time of day, but something happened that Caelan never fully understood, and then Rayne fell in love with him. They married and decided to keep doing guard work as a way of life. It was on one of those trips, that they conceived a son and named him Aric.

Aric was the contrast of his parents.

His father had the fair skin of the northerners and had curly blonde hair and blue eyes. Rayne his mother had the darker skin of the southerners that looked like a deep persistent tan and had deep brown hair and brown eyes.

Aric was darker than his father, but lighter than his mother, with very curly brown hair and deep brown eyes.

After they had Aric, they would still work as guards, but since Rayne's parents died when she was a teenager, they would often take assignments up north where they could leave Aric with his uncle and his family from time to time.

But it was a trip guarding a small caravan, which should have been routine, that disaster struck.

No one knows exactly what happened, but everyone, including the bandits was killed.

It appears that Jaden may have been killed first, because while there were five mages who surround the caravan, it looks like a few of them were dedicated just to killing him, while armed men killed the others in the caravan.

But it also looked like Rayne made them pay dearly for his death.

She was an exceptionally powerful mage, and she managed to kill all five other mages by herself. But it looked like to observers that she may have fallen to the armed men after she used up most of her magical power.

But it seemed that she had just enough power left to detonate herself and take them with her.

In one fell swoop Aric was an orphan and would now be living permanently with his uncle and aunt Mavis.

During the season that they died he started living in his uncle's home. His uncle noticed that he would often stand and watch him work in the blacksmith shop near the house.

It never bothered him much because the boy never came in. He would just stand and watched from the doorway for hours. His own children weren't interested in being blacksmiths, so they left their younger cousin to stand and watch him work. It was easier that way for them because then they didn't have to watch him either.

But one day some large steel bars shifted, fell, and pinned Caelan to the floor.

While in great pain he screamed out, and little Aric raced in the shop, and without a sound started moving the heavy bars that pinned him to the ground. He moved one at a time until he moved enough to free his uncle.

His uncle stared at him as he did this stunned. The boy shouldn't be this strong as a five season old, he thought. Those bars had to be 50-60 pounds each easy. His father was always uncommonly strong, but nothing to the likes of this as a boy.

The bars only bruised him and pinned him, and after a few days he was back in the shop, but after that day he allowed Aric in the shop to help by passing him items.

The boy seemed to be very adapt at it, and eventually started passing him items before he asked for them. He was a quick study. Caelan often wondered if he would want to join the blacksmiths guild by the time he was of age.

But today as he worked early in the morning the boy was six seasons old.

Aric's aunt Mavis argued that he should be taking some schooling. Uncle Caelan argued against it because neither his father nor he had ever taken any, but she pointed out that making sure he was well rounded only made sense and would help him in the future.

They lived in the kingdom of Northfields in the capital city.

The city was divided into two parts by a great wall: The Intercity and the Outercity.

The Intercity was where the nobility and the everyday well to do merchants lived. It was also where the castle was and where the king resided. The wall went all the way around and was used to separate those homes. If you had the money, all the best items were found in the shops and markets of the Intercity.

The Outercity is where everyone else lived.

All the middle to lower working classes citizens could be found here. If you really didn't have much money, or means, this is where you lived.

This also was where most of the crime took place. Because the guards rarely traveled much beyond the Intercity if they didn't have to.

While nobles often had tutors who taught them in the Intercity, the less affluent didn't have that luxury.

But one of the former tutors that had fallen on hard times, and eventually married someone from the Outercity at some point, and she decided to open a school for the children of her area. She would teach any child from six to twelve all the basics if they or their parents desired.

Most families were only concentrating on making a living and not learning more than they needed to, so the classes were small. But aunt Mavis felt that Aric should get a good education.

Caelan eventually gave in and allowed the boy to go, but as always he felt he was wasting his time allowing him to go there.

"Hey slowpoke, wha 'cha doin," said a tiny voice from the door.

Aric and Caelan both turned to see a slim figure by the door. It was little Andrea Stockton.

Andrea was the same age as Aric.

But where Andrea was slim, Aric was pudgy and looked to be carrying around more than a little baby weight. She had light blonde hair that reached her shoulders versus his dark and unruly curly hair.

Andrea hated to wear dresses, favoring pants like boys. It made it easier to climb trees and run around playing, but her mother insisted that she wear them to the school. So this morning she was in a homespun shift with a short sleeve shirt under it.

"You going today?" she asked.

"Yep, let me get my things Andy," said Aric.

This was something else between only them.

When Aric met Andrea he couldn't her name right and it kept coming out garbled. And it frustrated Andrea to no end because most other people, meaning adults, could say her name with no problem.

"Just call me Andy," she said one day in frustration and from that day forward Aric did.

But Aric was careful to not call her that when around others.

He knew she really didn't like it if others called her that, she said Andy was a boy's name, but she let him do it when they played. But she always said he was the only one who could do it. Not even her parents called her Andy.

Caelan smiled as they trooped off to school.

"If nothing else, I bet he gets a wife out of the experience," he thought with a smile.


School was interesting.

The teacher worked with all the kids and they seemed to learn the basics well. Except for Aric. She was amazed that he learned so fast.

He had the basics down in a month, and he was reading things that someone three times his age would. He could write well above his level as well. She was amazed at his manner of speech. He didn't speak like he was six, but maybe eleven or twelve. There wasn't anything he couldn't memorize.

Aric took pride in the fact the teacher was impressed with him. He liked to demonstrate to her, and the class, that he could grasp the harder materials with no problem.

But as with most young children, Aric didn't pay attention to the atmosphere in the classroom, and he didn't have the skills needed to realize that he was making a big mistake showing off like he was.


That day seemed like a normal day after school. But as Aric and Andrea left the school, and they walked between buildings, Aric was suddenly tripped from behind and he found himself face down on the ground with someone on his back.

"Teachers pet huh?" taunted a boy.

"We'll teach you to show off," said another.

And suddenly they were all punching and kicking him.

Sudden Andrea's small voice rang out "Get off him, you better get off him now," and suddenly there was a little blonde whirling dervish in the middle of the pack.

She was pushing and kicking anything in reach. After most of the boys were off Aric, he was able to sit up.

His uncle, after what happened in the blacksmith when he was five, made him promise that he would never hit anyone under any circumstances. His uncle was afraid he might kill them. So Aric was just laying there taking the beating.

As he sat up he had a black eye and a split lip, but mostly was ok.

Andrea stood there fuming. Why were they attacking Aric, she wondered.

"What's your problem?" she asked looking at them with her little hands on her hips.

"The only problem we have is with your boyfriend," said the larger of the four boys.

He looked to be about ten.

"He thinks he so smart showing off like he does. We're just making sure he understand why that's such a bad idea," continued the boy.

"Yeah," said another of the boys.

"He's not my boyfriend and it's not his fault this comes easy to him. You're just jealous you stupid head," said Andrea.

"If you're smart you'll mind your own business little girl," said yet another boy.

"Andrea lets go," said Aric. He didn't like the odds.

"Yeah you baby, go home to mommy and have a good cry," said the first boy.

"You wish. You're all just stupid, ' said Andrea as she turned and chased after Aric.

Both of them heard the jeers and cat calls as they ran home.

Later that afternoon one of his cousins was first to noticed the eye.

"Wow who did you fight with?" asked his oldest cousin Neil.

At that his uncle turned and looked him right in the face.

"I didn't get in a fight. I got jumped for being too smart, so I ran away," said Aric with his head down.

Aunt Mavis looked first at Aric, then at Caelan, and then back at Aric and asked "Do you want to stop going to school honey?"

"Not really, but I don't want to start getting beat up every day either. Can I take a few days off?" Aric asked.

"Sure honey, do you want dinner first or do you want to just go to your room?" asked Aunt Mavis.

"My room please," and he left the table.


Later that night in bed Mavis said "I know he's young but its time for you to teach him."

"What?" Caelan asked. "He'll just hurt someone with that crazy strength of his."

"No he won't. I spoke with Andrea's mother and she said that Andrea told her, that he just laid there and took the beating. If she had not pushed them off of him, he would still be there taking it now.

"He is working hard to try and keep his word to you. But if you teach him how to defend himself, he's less likely to lash out in frustration. He'll be a controlled force instead of an uncontrolled one," said Mavis.

"Well you do have a point. I'll take tomorrow morning off and we'll try it your way and see," said Caelan. "I just hope I don't regret it."

"He's not his father," said Mavis "Can't you see he doesn't go looking for fights. He tries to avoid or talk his way out of them. He must get that from his mother.

"Yes that is true. Let's hope he does well then," said Caelan.

"I'll tell Andrea's mom to tell the teacher Aric's taking a break for awhile," said Mavis

At that they kissed and called it a night.


"Aric. Aric. Get up boy. We have something to do," said Caelan.

"Waaasssh time is it?" said Aric sleepily.

"About 4 am. Let's go we have much to do," said Caelan.

Aric rolled out of bed and got dress.

He noticed that everyone else was still sleep, but he followed his uncle out of the open city gates deep in the woods to a clearing.

The Outercity gates were rarely closed or manned at nights, unlike the Intercity gate that always had a guard posted at them.

"Ok, its time to teach you some unarmed combat," said Caelan once they were far enough from the city to not be disturbed.

"Huh? But I'm just a little boy," said Aric in shock.

Caelan laughed.

"So was your father when we were first trained by our father. I know much of the basics, but I didn't have the interest to learn more. But your father was a true master. I wish he could teach you, but you'll have to make do with what I know," he said.

"This is what my father learned?" asked Aric with wide eyes.

"Yes," smiled Caelan, "I will teach you what he knew."

"When can we start?!" asked Aric obviously excited now.

And at that Caelan started teaching Aric the basics of unarmed combat.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.