There Is a Reason - Cover

There Is a Reason

Copyright© 2008 by A.A. Nemo

Chapter 11

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Can a young man find love again after botching the first go round? Sometimes running away leads to unexpected joys and sorrows.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual  

"Becky Lynn Wallace what is wrong with you?"

She stood in her room wearing the sixth, or was it the seventh outfit she tried on? She'd lost track. Her bed was piled with discarded clothing. Finally she'd settled on a long sleeve cream silk blouse, long dark skirt that came to the tops of her knee length black boots. Boots with a very high heel.

She looked at her bedside clock. It was time to go.

"This will just have to do!"

She was more nervous than she had been at the Christmas service.

She knew why. From the moment Bret touched her she knew why she'd been waiting. Bret was still her man, her love. It didn't hurt that he was more handsome than ever and he had a beautiful and smart daughter. The fact that they had hurt each other made no difference. That was long in the past. Becky was determined to win him back.

But that was the problem. How to do that? She had seen the tears as he held Amelia in the darkened church last night. She asked herself the question she had asked several times. How could she compete with Abigail? She felt a connection with Amelia and she knew that was important, but how could she convince Bret of her love? Even if he accepted the fact she loved him, did he ... could he love her? She needed to know if there was any chance with him.

That's why she was nervous. Tonight she was going to tell Bret that she loved him and her feelings had never changed over the years. Depending on his answer, her life would be changed forever.

As she came down the stairs, her mother gave her a quick appraisal.

"Perfect. You look beautiful. Although I think you should have worn a shorter skirt."

"Mother!"

"I'm teasing.

"You look..." she paused and Becky saw a brief hint of sadness in her eyes. "Grown up."

They loaded her mother's Buick SUV with the Christmas specialties she had been working on for days, and included a few small gifts for Bret's family. Grace had been on a non-stop cooking binge for days. Becky's dad, Greg, looked on with amusement. He had been married to Grace long enough to know when she was a woman with a "mission". He knew well that Grace was determined to have Becky and Bret back together, hence this unprecedented Christmas dinner away from home.

Grace had convinced everyone that they should have Christmas brunch instead. So, two sets of grandparents, some aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews, and various other relatives had joined them this morning. He was surprised that everyone seemed to welcome the change of plans. He didn't know if Grace had clued anyone in on the real reason for the switch from dinner to brunch, but she brought it off with her usual mix of panic and aplomb.

They arrived at the Dawson home and as Becky got out of the SUV she was surprised to see Bret and his dad outside. They were smiling and leaning against a large new-looking black truck parked in the drive. It was pulled up near the detached garage on the side of the house. She felt her body react to seeing him and blood rushed to her face. She raised her hand to acknowledge them. He smiled as they walked down the drive toward them.

As Grace stepped from the SUV she seemed relaxed and happy and completely unfazed by all the activity of the past few days, but Becky knew better. Despite her cool exterior and perfectly fitting long skirt and sweater, just two hours ago Grace had been a wreck. Fortunately Becky's dad had forced Grace to sit and relax while he gave her a shoulder rub. He and Becky assured her they would handle the final preparations and cleanup while she soaked in the tub for awhile and got ready. Becky loved to see her parents like this — watching them work together and watching her father manipulate ... hummm ... maybe too strong a word? Guide her with love. Her father could sense her mother's moods and he dealt with them with patience and humor and lots of love. Becky was an only child, and she didn't find out until she was in high school that her parents had wanted more children, but after Grace's difficult pregnancy with Becky, it wasn't safe for them to try for more. Somehow this fact brought them closer. Becky hoped that she could have a marriage as happy.

Carl and Bret greeted them warmly, and Grace insisted on hugs from both men, and of course that meant that Becky had to join in. She stepped up to Bret and this time there was no awkwardness as they embraced. Becky held him tightly and was overwhelmed as she felt Bret's strong arms around her, pulling her in. Even through her coat she could feel his warmth and strength. She longed to kiss him and to feel his skin against hers.

Memories of the first time they made love flashed through her mind. It was here in this house on a stormy rainy winter day. There was no pretense. They had planned it and making love seemed the logical progression of their relationship and their love. As they climbed the stairs hand in hand to Bret's room, Becky's heart beat so hard she wondered if he could hear it. She wanted this to happen, but she was still nervous. His parents were out of town and so they had all afternoon and evening. And they had made love. It was her first time, but she suspected it wasn't the first for Bret. She didn't care because it was obvious that whoever had come first had taught him well.

She remembered all of it; how his skin felt and how he smelled, and their almost languid lovemaking. They had been in love for some time, but the discovery of love with sex cemented their relationship. From that moment she knew they were destined to be together. Or so she thought.

Now with his arms around her again and her face pressed against his neck, smelling him and feeling him, she trembled as her body remembered. She couldn't help herself and she kissed his neck. She thought she detected a slight shudder. Was he remembering too?

"What can I help you with?" she heard Bret's father say to her parents.

That broke the spell and they loosened their grip on each other, but she was surprised that Bret didn't let go. He still had his arms around her waist and she held his arms. They were so close they were almost touching as he looked at her. His expression seemed to change from shock, to pleasure, and perhaps sorrow. And maybe love? Or was that just wishful thinking?

"Are you okay Becky?" He said softly.

She barely registered the activity around them as her parents and Bret's dad started unloading the SUV. She was too lost in the pleasure of being held again by the only man she ever loved.

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked up at him. She desperately wanted to tell him right then how much she loved him and missed him, and wanted to be with him again always. She couldn't make herself speak.

She wondered how long they might have stood there, had it not been for the arrival of a very excited four year-old.

"Becky ... Becky!"

Becky quickly brushed her tears away as she turned to see Amelia racing down the flagstone path from the house, followed by a very large dog. She saw Bret's expression as he let her go. She thought she detected regret for the loss of contact. Becky certainly would have been happy to spend the rest of the day holding onto Bret, standing in front of Carl and Caroline Dawson's big Victorian.

She watched the dog, obviously Amelia's, survey the scene then head off toward Caroline's Rose bushes.

"Hi Amelia ... Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas Becky!" she said as she reached them. Amelia gave her father a quick smile and then held out her arms for Becky to pick her up.

Bret looked surprised.

Becky picked her up and hugged her.

"Amelia, how are you this morning?"

Holding Amelia seemed like the most natural thing in the world.

"Becky ... come see what Santa brought!"

"Well okay ... but..."

Bret looked at the two of them and smiled.

"You go ahead ... I'll help out here and see you in the house in a few minutes."

As Becky carried Amelia up the walk she was greeted by Taylor who was holding the arm of a tall handsome man. Taylor let go long enough to hug Becky, at least as much of a hug as she could get around a squirming Amelia.

"Becky ... Meet Brendan."

"Very nice to meet you." he said in a quiet non-Georgia drawl.

He didn't try to shake hands since Becky's arms were full of Amelia.

"Brendan's ... a..." Taylor looked at Brendan then back to Becky with a smile.

"Friend ... from school ... we met at school."

Brendan looked at Taylor. He seemed amused that she called him "a friend."

Becky couldn't help but smile because they were so obviously in love and in that stupidly happy stage. It was cute.

She knew she'd have to get a few minutes with Taylor to get the full story of her handsome "friend from school." He was a little older, and he carried himself with a certain air of maturity, like Bret. A look that bespoke some life experience, that didn't just include college.

She and Amelia detoured through the kitchen just as Grace and Caroline arrived. The whole house smelled wonderful, but the kitchen almost overwhelmed the senses.

They insisted they needed no help... "Too many cooks you know..." so the next half hour was a whirlwind of Amelia as she had to show Becky everything she had received for Christmas. She was a very excited little girl. Bret just smiled as he sat on the sofa near Becky and watched his daughter race around the living room, laughing with delight. Jack retreated to a corner by the doorway, trying to keep from being trampled.

After a few minutes, Amelia seemed to wind down and she pulled Becky over to her new writing desk. Becky knelt next to her as she showed off her various art works.

Soon Brendan appeared in the doorway. He looked at the scene and smiled, and watched Bret on the sofa watching Becky and Amelia. It was obvious that he loved them both very much, but he wondered how long it would take Bret to realize, despite his terrible loss, he had a wonderful woman in Becky who loved him and Amelia. Brendan had been devastated by the death of his parents but he had never told anyone that. He knew how hard it was to let anyone get close after losing someone you care about so deeply.

Brendan had tried very hard not to fall in love with Taylor. He had dated lots of girls at Tech and had prided himself with never becoming involved. By his sophomore year he was sick of the parties and the hook-ups, and by the time he was a junior he became a self described hermit. His grades went up, and in fact he found he was more popular. Maybe at that point women decided he was a challenge. He declined most invitations, but not all. He still went back to his off-campus apartment alone most of the time.

Then he met Taylor. He was a senior and she was a sophomore.

Becky watched Taylor come to the door to the living room and Brendan pulled her to him as they stood there. She no longer had an apron on, and had replaced her flats with high heel pumps. They smiled at each other.

Taylor pulled him into the room and had him sit in the large overstuffed chair. She sat on his lap and put one arm over his shoulder. He put both arms around her waist.

Becky looked at them.

"So, I'm dying to know how you met."

Taylor got an impish look on her face and Brendan just smiled.

"Oh ... Brendan's my hero ... he rescued me..." She planted a very noisy kiss on the side of his face.

Brendan just rolled his eyes and chuckled as he looked at her.

"Yeah right ... Her first words to me were, "No thanks ... I can change my own tire.""

They all laughed as Taylor stuck her tongue out at him.

"I was driving down route 83 and I saw her car pulled off the side of the road with its flashers on. It was pouring rain and starting to get dark and I saw this girl trying to change a flat. She looked drenched and she was standing on the tire iron, sort of bouncing trying to get the lug nut to budge. So I stopped and rolled down the passenger window and asked if she needed help ... that's when she told me she could change her own tire!"

Taylor laughed. "I did, didn't I?"

"Traffic was backing up behind me and some idiot started honking ... so I was thinking screw it, let her fix her own tire".

Taylor tried to look shocked.

"But I thought about my two sisters and my mom and I wouldn't want them out on a busy road in the rain with it getting dark. I pulled off in front of her car and put my flashers on. I should have been behind her car but there was no backing up on that road. She looked at me as I got out of my truck and she seemed exasperated that I had stopped."

"I did not!"

"Well, maybe not, but it was raining so hard who could tell ... plus I was getting soaked!"

"Good old Georgia fall rains." She laughed.

"Yeah ... more like Old Testament deluge!"

Brendan continued.

"I even smiled at her, but got nothing in return. I was trying to be reassuring that I wasn't a rapist or murderer, or both."

"Yeah, right ... this big guy who wouldn't take no for an answer and stops anyway and gets out of this beat up truck..."

"Hey ... I thought you liked that truck!"

"Well ... not then." She smiled

"I was just trying to be helpful ... my mama taught me to be a gentleman and help damsels in distress."

"Right ... and the fact my blouse and bra were soaked and I felt practically naked ... That didn't matter?"

Brendan laughed.

"I tried to keep my eyes away from your chest!"

"Not very successfully as I remember!"

"I'm a guy ... and you're beautiful!"

"How did you know? You weren't staring at my face!" She laughed.

Bret laughed. "Okay, okay, I think we get the picture!"

"So I suggested Taylor get back in her car. I almost had to shout over the pelting rain and the noise the cars made as they sped past. And in a flash she was there and I heard the doors lock."

"I was just using common sense ... and you were getting scarier looking by the moment!" she teased.

"Right ... I was drowning!" he laughed

"It took me less than five minutes to change the tire. Fortunately Taylor had already got the jack under the frame and had the spare out, so it was just a matter of breaking the lug nuts lose. It was even tough for me ... Taylor could have bounced on that tire iron all day and not budged them. Unfortunately the tire jockeys in most places over-tighten the lug nuts when they change or rotate the tires."

"Oh ... so that's why they were stuck?"

"Most likely ... so I put the spare and jack in the trunk, just as another thunder squall came through and the rain poured. The rain drumming on the car was almost deafening. I closed the trunk and was surprised to see her flashers go off and she signaled and caught a sudden break in the traffic and away she went, without even a wave or a thank you!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.