The Perfect Solution - Cover

The Perfect Solution

Author does not hold the rights to the original characters from "The Phantom of the Opera," written by Gaston Leroux.

Chapter 3: All the King's Horses

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3: All the King's Horses - "A Phantom of the Opera" FanFiction. What if Erik didn't run away from home, but stayed with his mother because she had a change of heart and was able to love him. He did not become the Devil's Child or a murderer, nor did he take refuge below the Paris Opera House. This story offers a look at what might have happened to Erik if he grew up knowing his mother's love. And, what might happen to Christine Daae if she grew up without her "Angel of Music" to comfort and guide her?

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Fan Fiction   Historical   Paranormal   First  

Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
couldn't put Humpty together again.

Nursery Rhyme, Origin Unknown

The three men alighted from the carriage. After bidding Erik and Raoul a hasty au revoir, Phillipe hurried to the performer's entrance and disappeared inside, leaving the two younger men alone.

Taking a deep breath and settling his features into the well-practiced, nonchalant expression he always wore in public, Erik turned to Raoul.

"Shall we, Monsieur?"

"Of course. It would hardly do to be late."

Raoul hesitated, his eyes becoming unusually serious for a moment.

"Erik, do you believe Phillipe to be correct?"

Startled by the question, Erik feigned ignorance.

"What is it that you wish to know, mon ami?"

Erik glanced at Raoul out of the corner of his eyes, not wishing to cause the younger one any more distress than he had already experienced that evening. The young man's face looked more than serious, it seemed sad and this surprised Erik.

"What would make Raoul look that sad? He's never sad. He always seems so jolly. His feelings for the girl must truly run deep."

"What do I wish to know? Hmmm ... Am I doing the proper thing in attempting to allow myself a relationship with this girl? I honestly do not know. Although, whether I am or not is a moot point as I am afraid it is far too late for both Meg and me..."

His voice trailed off and he passed his hand over his eyes.

Erik, however, froze.

"Raoul! What do you mean it is too late? You certainly did not take liberties with the young lady, did you? I mean ... you would never..."

His voice trailed away as Raoul turned his outraged face to Erik.

"I most certainly did not! I would never do such a thing. Never!" He hissed.

As he saw his friend's face pale, Raoul placed his hand on Erik's arm and said in a softer tone.

"No, Erik. I did not. It is too late for Mademoiselle Giry and me because we have already fallen in love with one another."

Erik could not think of a thing to say, so he simply uttered.

"Oh..."

"Come, Erik. Let us make haste! And, Erik, thank you for caring enough about Meg's reputation to become angry at the thought of me, well, just, thank you."

The two men nodded at one another and made their way into the opera house each lost in their own thoughts.

"That is Meg. The third girl from the right in the front row." Raoul whispered.

"She is very handsome. I can understand your attraction to the girl. She is, indeed, lovely. Now, which one is Christine? Your little Lotte?"

The overly casual tone of Erik's inquiry caused Raoul's attention to drift from the sight of his darling dancer to the man beside him. Erik seemed relaxed and he watched the ballet with an expression no different from any of the other times they had been there. Yet, there was something different about his friend, which warned Raoul that he felt otherwise. Raoul could not remember a time when Erik had ever shown any sign of interest in a woman.

"This is the second time he has expressed a curiosity in her."

In the carriage when Erik made his request for an introduction to the two girls, Raoul believed he spoke out of politeness. With this second remark, Raoul began to wonder. He began to speak again, when Phillipe softly cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow. He slightly inclined his head in the direction of the box next to them where the occupants were glaring at them.

Properly chastened, Raoul and Erik ceased their conversation and resumed their appreciation of the ballet.

"I must tread carefully here." Raoul thought. "Perhaps during the intermission, I should speak to him of the little Lotte that was and the Christine that now is. So sad. When we were children, I never thought that our lives would lead us where we are now. I expected little Lotte to become an opera prima donna. Strange how life seldom turns in the ways we imagine. Yes, I must tell him during intermission, so I will know whether I should introduce them afterwards. Oh, Christine."

During intermission, the three men mingled with the rest of the opera patrons as they placed their drink orders. After the waiter left to retrieve their order, Raoul turned to Erik.

"You know, old man, before I introduce you to Christine, I should tell you what happened to little Lotte after the summer I saved her scarf."

"This is so unexpected, Raoul. I have always been curious to know what happened to your childhood sweetheart. So, spill the beans!"

"Phillipe, please! What I have to say is not for you to spread as gossip to La Sorelli. What happened to Christine is a private matter. Please give me your word of honor that you will speak of this to no one."

Erik and Phillipe exchanged a curious glance. They could tell by the look on Raoul's face that he was unusually serious, so they both gave their word to the young man. He sighed and drew a deep breath.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.