Cynthia - Cover

Cynthia

Copyright© 2008 by J.C. Miller

Chapter 10

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - When I returned from Afghanistan, I resumed my quest for Cynthia's charms. Then she brought in Laura and her girls. All enriched my life greatly. I volunteered to return to Afghanistan on a mission to rescue a SEAL who saved my life. I feared that Cynthia would not accept a second separation, but I had no moral choice except to step in. Life is full of surprises, not all of them good.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Military   Spanking   Safe Sex   Slow  

Time was dragging; I hadn't been without constructive activity in years. I had classes to take and reserve duty, neither of which was happening at the moment. I asked Laura if she needed anything done. Fortunately, she had some leaky faucets and some other meaningful tasks that would save her a bundle if I could accomplish them.

Removing the faucet cartridges and going to the plumbing supply store required a deliberate procedure. The clerks in the large chain home supply store hadn't a clue. The brand name wasn't stamped anywhere on the fixtures. I looked at the display and they didn't have anything that even looked like the ones I wanted.

Back at Laura's, I repaired the ones I could find gaskets for and then took some close up photos of the leaking cartridges. I emailed those to the company where I worked in high school. My old boss didn't know either, but gave me the URL for two other supply houses. Finally, I found someone who knew the part name and number. Then, I was faced with a dilemma. I had to decide whether I wanted right or left. Since it was the hot side leaking on two fixtures, I chose to order both for two fixtures because I didn't know for sure if "left" meant that it went on the left side or that it turned left for opening. I learned later that for this brand, left meant the way the cartridge turned to make the water come on. Before the Internet, I would have been completely out of luck, but I had never lived before the Internet, so how would I know? I asked for overnight delivery. Then, I wondered when overnight package delivery began. I would look that up later.

While I was replacing the faulty cartridges, Laura came to thank me. I told her the situation and that I would have to finish tomorrow. She kissed me sweetly and said, "I have to thank you for taking the time to go through all that just to make a simple repair."

"Yes, the repair is simple, but getting the part was a challenge."

"Just for that, I'm going to make you a nice dinner."

I realized that I had spent most of the day on the sink faucet problem. The job was challenging enough that the day flew by and her dinner offer surprised me completely. "Thank you. I had no idea. I'll go take a shower and come back to help you."

"No, this is Alyssa's job today. She is determined to learn more about cooking. You and Cynthia have influenced her more than you know." Then, she said in her sultry voice, "You'll just have to go play with yourself until dinner."

During the time after showering and dressing and while waiting for dinner, I noticed that Alyssa was gradually becoming more affectionate. She smiled like a grown woman and touched me often. Once, when she lightly touched my neck, I felt arousal. All you need is to go to jail before you get Pete out of there.

After I cleaned up the dishes — I demanded to help — Ashley joined us and we all watched some game show on TV in which the contestants could win a lot of money by answering progressively difficult questions. I sent Alyssa to get some pads and pencils and had each of us answer the questions and keep score. That little bit of competition kept them occupied. I was surprised at the number of questions Alyssa answered and she even argued with the show's host about one of the answers.

Later, I put them to bed. Ashley wanted me to sing her a song. I sang On Top of Old Smoky, a song I remembered from high school. Although I was never requested to stop singing in music class, I wasn't encouraged to seek my career in opera, either. Ashley clapped and I kissed her good night.

Little smarty Alyssa asked, "What was that noise I heard from Ashley's room?"

"Sorry. I'm not telling. You'll have to ask her tomorrow."

When I was close to her bed, I noticed that she had pulled the pajama top tighter across her breasts. I leaned over to kiss her cheek and she moved her face to kiss my mouth and pulled my head to her.

I said quietly, "You know that you're not supposed to be doing that. If you keep it up, I will have to stop tucking you in."

She appeared surprised at my straight remark. "Why is it that Mom and Cynthia get kisses and I don't?"

"We just had a quiz show downstairs and you answered many of the questions. I'll just bet that you can answer that one, too."

She did that look with her eyes and said, "Well, maybe. Anyway, I liked it."

As Laura and I cuddled after we retired, I said, "You'd better think about my list of things to do tomorrow. Those faucets occupied my mind and time for most of the day. Otherwise, I would begin to go stir crazy."

"I want to ride bikes after they go to school. I need to get back in shape. After that, I'll find something useful for you to do."

After we had our ride on the trail, I did my regular routine at the gym in the afternoon. She had to take Ashley to some function after school. Alyssa was at soccer practice. So, I spent two hours putting new caulk sealant in Cynthia's bathroom. Once again, I searched in vain for news from Afghanistan.

When I arrived at the Reserve Center Thursday night, Chief Cantera called me in again. He said, "There's no real news, but some of the people I talk to tell me that there have been weak radio signals on our S&R frequencies. They haven't been able to determine whether the ragheads are playing with the radios and don't send their ID, or whether something is blocking the signal. Tomorrow, they will go out listening again and try to triangulate the signal, if any. You know as well as I do that it means nothing until it means something."

"Thanks, Master Chief. I have everything packed and ready."

"You know that Kabul is Zebra or Zulu, or whatever the bastards call it now, is +4:30 hours?"

"Of course. I think the PC term is GMT or UTC. I wish they'd make up their minds. I think there's some state or city in this country that is on the half-hour, too."

"By the time you do your PT in the morning, they will know or not know. How's that for a definite maybe."

"Night, Chief."

Friday, Laura and I were having lunch when my phone rang. I looked at the number and knew it wasn't Cynthia, it was Cantera. "Morning, Master Chief."

"Bradford, come to the Center. We need to talk."

"I'll be there in a half-hour or so."

Laura asked, "What does he want?"

"He didn't tell me. My guess is that he knows something he doesn't want to talk about on the phone."

"Oh, God, Bradford. I hope this isn't what I think it is."

"I guess the mission has been cancelled, which is very bad news for Pete, or that they know something about where the SEALs are. No need to guess. I'll take my sandwich with me."

She stood and went to the kitchen and started to cry. I whispered, "It's okay, Laura. I'll be back in a little while and then we will know more than we do."

When I came into the Center, I was directed to the conference room. Inside there were two lieutenants and a lieutenant commander with the Chief. That's a lot of brass. They had me sit at the head of the table so that we could all easily see each other. The taller of the lieutenants turned off the lights and an Internet map appeared on the projection screen.

He began, "Here is what we know. Authentic S&R signals have been received. We have also received human Intel that some captives are being held in this village." He pointed to a village in the southeast part of the country called Mandi Sar. It was located about sixty kilometers southeast of Qandahar. "They are putting the mission plan together now."

The other lieutenant said, "Bradford, you are to report to Langley Air Force Base by 1600 hrs on Sunday. From there, you will go by military air transport to Kabul. You will be met in Kabul by someone from our team who will take you to your billet."

The first lieutenant continued, "By the time you arrive, we will have our team together and the mission plan will be complete." He stopped and looked directly at me. "You are a volunteer and do not meet the physical standards. However, your eligibility has been approved by CNO staff because of your prior experience and performance. Because of the physical profile, you are free to withdraw and it will never be reflected in your record."

"I appreciate your offer. However, I think one of those prisoners saved my life. I have to give it a try."

"Lieutenant Wall will meet you at Langley and you will travel together. He seems to think he should go, too. That's out of my control."

The meeting was over that quickly. No more than fifteen minutes. Cantera stopped me as I was leaving. He handed me the envelope with my printed orders. "Bradford, I know I don't have to tell you not to do anything foolish. You know what foolish is. Don't get yourself killed or wounded trying to save dead men. Follow your leader. We can only prevail if we stay alive."

"Thanks, Chief. I hope I know the difference between reasonable and foolish. I watched a lot of John Wayne movies. Those are great training films for foolish."

"The ragheads have increased pressure in the eastern zone. They have better weapons and an endless supply of dumb shits ready to blow themselves up. If it's reasonable and you get a chance, kill some for me." He poked my shoulder. "Only if it's reasonable."

"Given the chance, I'll scream your name." We shook hands and I went back to the apartment.

I spent some time reviewing my orders, bags and gear. Laura knocked. When she came in, she saw the uniforms and boots. She was in tears. "I was gone when you returned, but I guess I don't have to ask. You're going."

"I leave from Langley at four on Sunday. I think that was the first time they could get a seat for me."

"I'm scared for you and worried about Cynthia. I'm not sure what she will do."

"I'm about finished here. So, I guess we get to make dinner for her. Her message said she'd be home about six."

We went down to Laura's and began making dinner. We heard Cynthia drive in a little early. She came rushing into Laura's kitchen and came to kiss me. "God, I missed you Bradford. You are under my skin. I am infatuated and in love at the same time."

"I missed you, too, Sweetheart. You've been gone too long."

She went over to kiss Laura and then stood back to look at her. "You've been crying. Did he say something wrong?" She hugged Laura.

Then, Laura sobbed, "I can't help it. He's going on that damn mission. Now, he doesn't have to tell you."

Cynthia looked at me and asked in a totally flat voice, "You're going to Afghanistan, Charles?"

"Sunday at four o'clock."

She turned and went upstairs to her room and closed the door. Laura followed her. I stood around in the kitchen continuing to work on a dinner that I wondered if it would ever be eaten. About twenty minutes later, they both came downstairs.

Cynthia had obviously been crying. She came over and hugged me and then said, "I love you, Charles. However, I cannot stand this. I will not be eating here tonight." She left the kitchen and shortly returned with her suitcase. She took it up to her room.

Laura and I put the dinner on the table and the girls joined us. Laura said, "I'm going to talk to Cynthia. You all go ahead."

I tried my best to make conversation with the girls before Alyssa asked, "Bradford, what's wrong? They are both crying."

"I know. I told them today that I have to go to Afghanistan on a mission and they are both upset."

Alyssa gasped, "Bradford, are you going over there to that war?"

"I go on Sunday."

Both of them were quiet for the rest of the meal. After dinner, of which I ate little, I loaded the dishes with Ashley, who helped until she went to the TV. Alyssa said, "I have to go up and see them."

I knew I was in for a tough night. I went to the apartment found my tactical manual, and turned on the TV. I sat alone with my Scotch and thumbed through the manual. After a long and boring night, it was time to go to bed. I took my pill and turned on my side to go to sleep. A few minutes later, Laura came in and snuggled up.

She whispered, "I love you, Bradford and I can't stand for you to be alone. You'll just have to hold me if I cry again."

I held her in a tight hug and pulled her mouth up for a kiss. "I love you, too, Laura. Try to sleep, but cry if you must."

The pill was effective and I slept my eight hours. Laura was gone. I made my own breakfast, realizing that I had not set the coffee timer, so I had to wait on it. After breakfast, the doorbell rang and I went to see Cynthia. Strange that she didn't just come in.

"I have come to get a few things that I will need this weekend. I will move the rest of my things out after you have gone." Then, she sniffled and threw her shoulders back. "I'm sorry, Charles. I know why you have to go. I'm just not strong enough to wait it out." She went to the bathroom and packed a few things and then to her drawers and packed some more. When she finished, she said, "I'll leave your key with Laura." She turned quickly and went down the stairs.

I could do nothing but sit and cry.

Cynthia's Reaction

After I broke down in tears when Laura told me that Charles was going on the mission, she came up to be with me. I couldn't eat and I know that she couldn't. We hugged and sniffled until she said, "Girl, we have to get control of ourselves."

"I know, but I can't go through what my friend went through when her fiancé went to Iraq. He went into the Army to get his school paid. Three months later, he was killed by one of those IUDs and we were left to support her at the funeral."

Laura giggled. I thought she was mocking me. Then she said, "I believe they're called IEDs. The IUD goes in your uterus to prevent pregnancy."

I was embarrassed by my mistake and she looked at me smiling. She felt my belly and whispered, "It goes in here."

The absurdity of the situation and my emotional distress made me giggle as well. Of course she was right. "Okay. You got me. Just wait until we play Scrabble."

She said, "I want you to think about something. Do you think Bradford will have you on his mind when he is on his mission? Be honest with me."

"I guess he will. He says he loves me and he acts like he does."

"When you go back to work next week, will you be thinking about him?"

"I just can't forget him. It's going to take a while."

"Do you think you'll be thinking about your love life when you are trying to work?"

"I can't help it. He's in me too deep." I was near sobbing. "Charles told me once when he first brought me over here that our infatuation would play out and I would forget him. He lied to me about that."

"No, I don't think it has played out one bit." She stroked my back, face, and hair. "Will you work better next week than you did this week?"

"I don't see how I can. Even when I divorced Blair, I was upset all the time, and I didn't love him."

"Do you think Bradford will be better at his job while he is pining over you?"

"Sometimes I wonder. He's duty bound. I think he can just put me out of his mind."

"He's human, too. It won't be possible for him to put you out of his mind. He can go on the mission, but he will leave a large part of his heart right here."

I started crying again and she held me. She whispered, "If you must leave him, please wait until he comes home. Don't send him off to battle with a heavy heart. I know you don't like it and I seriously doubt that he would rather be over there in the mountains than to be here in bed with us." She wiped my tears. "Just think about it."

"You are a good friend, Laura. I will think about it when I can stop crying long enough." I took four deep breaths and let them out slowly. On the fourth one, this flashbulb went off in my head. "I was personally so upset that I forgot the project I am working on. We're studying mental workload. That's exactly the problem Charles and I will have next week. He will worry about me and I will worry about him while we both try to do our jobs." That realization hit me hard and I had to breathe again.

"I'm glad you can put it in those terms. You do know that he's going to be hard for us to replace, don't you?"

I cried again. "I guess he will. It took me a long time to find him."

"Try to think about his success and safety as well as your own pain. He deserves our support." She looked in my eyes. "I don't care what you think of the war or the mission; I just want you to think about Bradford."

I went to the bathroom and washed my face. When I had dried my eyes, she took my hand and said, "Let's go downstairs."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.