Divided at Division One - Cover

Divided at Division One

Copyright© 2008 by Pettybox

Chapter 20

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Jared Winslow is a small college football coaching legend in Vermont who waited for the opportunity to come along to move on to Division 1 NCAA coaching. His love life was waning and broke it off to move on. He found new & old opportunities for both sex and love as he began to mold his dreams and slowly realize how one tied its fortunes to the other. The highs and lows of both love and coaching success intertwine on his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   School  

Jared Winslow did his best to hide his excitement over Meaghan and Declan coming to live with him as a run up to a marriage that somehow was inevitable all their lives. So many things in their lives changed the fate they stumbled through, but a chance trip to Chicago to interview Boge Hollins put his face on a TV screen that happened to catch Meaghan's eye. That set forth the chain of events that led to this twist of two peoples fates.

Besides making his personal life complete, the biggest challenge of his professional life stood nigh with the first day of practice but a day away now. Coaches had huddled several times to skew and tinker with the playbook, and they spent countless hours going over teaching methods and drills to put all of this into players heads. Winslow's 12th man in the huddle method was somewhat common among some coaches, but Jared pushed it further. When his offensive coordinator called his play in the huddle and lined up, his defensive coordinator read the offense aloud and called the set as his defensive quarterback, the middle linebacker, would. Then Coach Winslow would critique, sometimes to a man, what happened after the play was run. As long as his two play callers were smart and attentive it never took long for them to catch on to reading sets.

Once the season started, if a play came in from the sidelines that his Quarterback vehemently opposed, as long as the spare time out was available, he was to use it and make his case. It was how they learned each others game. By the middle of the season it was hoped that the field generals used the eyes and instincts of the coaches sideline observations to shape their play calling. At the end of each offensive and defensive set Winslow and the appropriate coach would want to hear what happened on the field from the generals themselves. It all came back to Coach Winslow's credo; Know your job, ask questions until you do. Trust in yourself, trust in your skills, trust in your teammates and their skills. If unsure of anything, ASK QUESTIONS.

This day before the camp opening held a long meeting with Jared's AD, Joe Barber. Barber would introduce him to the "eyes in the sky", namely the team videographers and booth observers. The observers were the guys who talked to the coaches through the headphones on the field who charted the games and helped pick apart defenses and see trends. Armed with a playbook and a roster they watched and charted plays and players from the first scrimmage and all through the season. Videographers would catch every practice and every game for later review. Coach Winslow was a huge disciple of video as there was so much more to take in than what he saw. His observers were in their third year associated with NEAT and were ex-NCAA assistants who lived nearby. Both were astute students of the game who had pursued their non-sports careers after leaving football programs. While some assistant coaches aspire to pursue the next level, others see a job that can consume a life if you're not suited. As the "eyes in the sky" they could be involved in the sport they love without the 7 day headache. Frank Enfante and Roger Dorn were both 2nd team All-Americans for Division 1 schools. They knew their jobs well enough to become assistants, but the desire to lead a program escaped both of them.

Communication from the booth was very restrictive, they weren't to use instant replay or have any independent camera access. Only the team videographer had access to all available feeds, after the game, not during, and he or his team couldn't shoot any sideline action. The NCAA was very strict on video usage, and Coach loved video. The only footage he had of any of his newer players were what Joe Barber and his assistants shot at mini-camp. Now he would have well shot action from practices where he could not be on every field at once. He was happy to meet the video people, but wanted to think of Frank Enfante and Roger Dorn as new team members. It was why he hadn't selected his own "eyes" and why he hadn't desired to meet them earlier. Armed with a playbook and rosters he wanted their stark opinions with no personalities or preconceived thoughts as to the talent of the players or strategies used. In the first scrimmages they would forge their relationship as far as football went.

Coach Winslow held a short private meeting with his coaches and each of their staffs wishing them luck and going over team policies. Everyone was on pins and needles with the new attention being paid to the program.

"Tomorrow we're all going to find this is like riding a bike, but right now I know there is a panic that we've all bitten off more than we can chew. Trust me when I say, I've never felt more comfortable with a staff than I am right now. You've all seen the 4 signs all over the locker room and I want those philosophies lived up to. They are;

KNOW, know your job, ask questions until you do.

TRUST, trust in yourself, trust in your skills, trust in your teammates and their skills.

If unsure of anything, ASK QUESTIONS.

And finally on my door, both sides,

Man Up, or Man OUT! There is no going over anyone's head here."

Every coach, every staff member had seen the signs and they all had been explained in detail to everyone. It was going to be an exciting ride. If you had doubts about your own abilities, it was too late to change courses now. The staff was ready to start the season.

They shook hands among themselves as the meeting broke and Jared Winslow went to the door and before he opened it he turned and smiled at all the glad-handing.

"If I could indulge you all one more time," He said getting their attention.

"Remember there is a fan base that expects us to go 16-0, the press secretly wants us to go 0-16. No one really expects us to finish better than 8 and 8 ... We all know that we'll make some body happy out there, one way or the other. See you in morning." He said with a wry smile on his face as he left.

On his way back home he drove past Meditek Stadium to see if he had any "campers" in the parking lot and sure enough, there were in the visitors lot. Nine various cars and vans with tents or sleeping bags laid out held a handful of players who did not, or could not make living arrangements for the days before dorms opened. He and Joe Barber expected such and had 2 Porto-Pottys delivered to the lot. He drove into the lot and immediately the inhabitants of the vehicles gathered to greet a new neighbor. All were surprised to see Head Coach Winslow pull himself out of his little sports car.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the reasons why you could not make other living arrangements make no difference to me and I have no problem with you being here. We left you facilities to take care of personal needs. If I hear one story of alcohol, drugs, or partying from any of the neighbors, it will not be tolerated. Remember we are all under a microscope this year. Any non-players with you who need shower facilities tomorrow should go see the S I D in the faculty administration building at the beginning of practice tomorrow. She won't seem happy about it, but she will accommodate you. DO NOT take advantage of the situation." He said with a smile before he put the car in gear and left the lot.

When he got to the edge of the parking lot he stopped at the light and took out his cell phone to dial Ann Comeche's number.

"Ann, I may have mentioned this before but, any players camping in the parking lot at Meditek may have girlfriends or the like with them. They've been instructed to see you at the start of practice if they need shower facilities. Let them use the work-out room shower and make sure they leave it as they found it." He said quickly so she could not interrupt him.

"Do you want me to wipe their asses too?" She said with an acid tongue.

"Why did I know you would be overjoyed? Please, as a favor to me. I, ummm ... helped you out a few times. Let's give these kids a break If they could afford a place to stay I'm sure they wouldn't be sleeping in their cars." He said hoping she might soften.

"Alright, I can handle it, ... and uh ... you may have helped me out, but it's not like you didn't get anything out of it either, Valentino." She said back smartly before hanging up.

"Yes, " He thought as he clicked off, "She did provide some sexual relief at a time when getting that monkey off my back cleared my mind."

The thought of Ann's voluptuous body stirred a little desire into his groin, but thankfully all he could think of was Meaghan. When he got home he called her right away to see how she was and how the plans were moving along.

"I know your mind is full of everything football tonight, but I have some great news. My Dad has a sale pending on my house and his lake camp together! An older couple has their grandchildren in schools nearby and they want to be closer. They told Dad they wanted to get out of the city in the summer when they had the kids a lot. Dad made a suggestion and it looks like they're on board." She said brightly.

"That would be an incredible situation for you and your Dad. I hope everything goes through." Jared told her glad he got his mind off the pressure of the season for a second.

"You know that means I can bank everything for Declan's education and I don't have to worry that we end up together." She said absent mindedly.

"Is there a doubt?" Jared said, shocked by her words.

"No, no doubt, just ... everything is falling into "too good to be true" categories. I'm not used to this." She said with a sigh.

"Good things happen to good people, honey. I love you and that will never change. I love Declan and look forward to him in my life. I'm sitting in OUR house wishing you were here right now so I could make love to you." He told her hoping to brighten her outlook.

"I know, and I want you right now, but that will be soon enough. Remember, with Declan around we aren't going to be sitting around half naked ready to do as we please like last weekend." She warned him.

"Well of course, but you just being here is half of making love. We'll find enough private time. Uh ... Declan IS a good sleeper? ... RIGHT?" He asked in feigned desperation.

Meaghan laughed out loud and assured him that he was a sound sleeper before wrapping up their call so they could get to the business at hand, she packing up and he preparing his team.

During the course of the evening, while he was tinkering with rosters and possible positions, watching old videos filling himself with his team, he received calls from each of his coaches who were also in nervous anticipation. Each of them had received calls from their different staff members in the same nervous anticipatory funk. Joe Barber called to wish him luck and inform him that 16 players with "walk-on" status had reported to his office that day with proper doctors approval and paid tuition receipts. They were using their right to try out for the team with no promises.

Tomorrow he would meet, besides his players, the full staff Joe Barber had put together for him. Equipment mangers, laundry coordinators, and general go-fers. Each coach's staff would be there again, as well. He hadn't yet actually personally talked individually with the staffs of each of his coaches, except to know there were no newbie's, all were retained interns with at least one year experience.

Friday morning at 7:00 am while 80 to 90 players were given practice pads, team t-shirts and football pants to change into, Jared would meet everyone, except for the laundry team who would be setting up the players. Players were instructed to bring their own cleats, socks and other "personal" items they would need i.e.; jocks, cups, and new to the team this year, protective sport bras and "jills" the female counterpart to the jock. Most women playing the sport wore the same protection that female boxers wore to protect the abdomen and vulnerable organs. Sometime during that melee of people getting equipment Jared Winslow would walk through and shake the hand of each of the laundry and uniform personnel as they worked. Once the team was set and all uniforms with names sewn on were hanging in the Meditek Stadium locker room ready for the first game, he would host a dinner for the entire laundry staff to fete them for their thankless performance.

Once his head hit the pillow Coach Winslow slept like a rock until his 5:00 a.m. alarm. Then began a day he knew as ritual by now and he could barely wait until he walked onto the practice field to greet the players. During the 7:00 meet and greet with staff he recognized a lot of faces he saw on campus and around the stadium over the summer. He jokingly passed out "HELLO My Name Is... " stickers to everyone in hopes they could all become friends on a first name basis. He enjoyed the meet and greet hoping the enthusiasm stayed fresh. He managed to get away long enough to walk into the meeting room where uniform pass-out was being handled and was surprised to find but a few players mulling getting re-fits. The rest were crammed into the home and awy locker rooms getting changed. The whistles would blow in just 15 minutes to gather for the Coaches Greeting and seemingly, everyone was taken care of and there would be no hold up. The laundry crew seemed shocked to be given this special treatment by the coach after the previous years of feeling anonymous under Coach Woodard.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.