Kenshiro Hidori: Scythian Empire - Cover

Kenshiro Hidori: Scythian Empire

by Cylis Derrens

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Historical Story: Another chapter/short story I am thinking of adding to Kenshiro Hidori storyline.

Tags: Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Time Travel   Historical   Interracial  

During the reign of the Scythian Empire a new figure appeared in winter season called Nashi Edon. His coming was sudden and total. The various tribes making up the Scythian Empire soon fell under his sway, and he created the new capital of Nashin centralizing their military power.

Not long after this general upheaval King Phillip of Macedon moved to make his own conquest and bring the Scythians under his rule.

Entering Scythian territory he met little resistance. Making good progress King Phillip camped his army deep in enemy lands. When a sandstorm approached they hunkered down in their tents until it passed.

The following morning Scythians scouts were sighted: a welcome change given the fact that Nashi's forces had been purposely avoiding him.

Ordering his own scouts forward he waited for news of the nearest enemy force. Hours later the scouts were returning and Phillip was eager to hear any news they had, so he ordered that they be brought right to him.

That was when the attack came. Arrows that were poisoned tipped struck men on the outskirts of the camp raising the alarm.

Sentries watched as men hidden in pits dug into the sand rushed forth firing at the Macedonians. The Scythian archers were numerous, and skilled finding their mark more often than not.

The scouting party that was already nearing Phillip during the confusion was largely overlooked.

Arming himself Phillip stepped back out of his tent shouting commands to his aid to rally his army for battle, before an arrow struck him in the chest.

Looking down at the arrow shaft he could already feel the poison beginning to work in his veins. At the sound of hooves approaching him at a full gallop Phillip looked up.

He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Scythian troops cut through his own men. At their head was Nashi himself he broke clear of the ring of Macedonian warriors trying to protect their king.

Like death himself Nashi rode forth leveling his spear at the Macedonian King. Phillip stood frozen in place from shock and fear.

With one thrust Nashi buried his spear into Phillip as he passed his own men in tow. It took very little time for them to break free without casualties.

Phillip himself was left to die in the middle of his own camp, the victim of a surprise raid.

The Macedonians demoralized with the death of their leader returned to Macedonia with their dead king.

Prince Alexander was forced to deal with Greek city-states who rose up in open rebellion after the announcement that King Phillip was dead. Believing they could finally break free of Macedonian reign they fought against the young prince and were defeated.

Riding home from his victory Alexander received news that the newly reorganized Scythian army was invading Persian lands and claiming them for their own. Seeing an opportunity and wanting to realize the Macedonian dream of defeating the Persian Empire, Alexander gathered his army.

The race was on as King Darius found he had two rivals to deal with as they tried to tear apart his empire. Like hungry beasts they tore at him taking him apart piece by piece until there was nothing left.

At the Battle of Issus the three armies converged and Darius made his last stand.

Watching from his chariot Darius watched both Alexander's and Nashi's lines held against his superior numbers. While the hoplites were the Macedonian's main strength Nashi used the Scythian archers and mounted archers to rain death on Persian troops.

It was like trying to swat at a swarm of hornets. While they could strike repeatedly at his army, fighting back was frustrating as they seemed to part and reform.

Poisoned arrows that seemed numerous beyond relief, ensured death upon all who were struck by them. Darius himself was barely missed by a few as the Scythians and the Macedonians desperately tried to reach him.

It didn't take Darius long to realize the purpose of all this: Nashi and Alexander wanted to capture or kill him to gain the throne. The one who accomplished this would gain all.

Desperate Darius fled escaping the scene of battle in his chariot. While both leaders wanted to chase after him it would mean the death of their armies. Turning back they looked to their own troops, fighting for the survival of their armies against the Persians.

One of Nashi's generals met him at full gallop as he returned. The general was a clean shaven older man wearing the Scythian pointed hood as was common among their people.

"My apologizes my king. I have been unable to anticipate the enemy's movements and it seems we are about to be surrounded." The general said.

"Save your apologizes for later. We have a battle to win. Sound the rallying call and form up on me. We are going to find a hole in their line." Nashi said.

Scythian horns were sounded over the din of battle and Nashi led the charge. Studying the enemy battle lines as he rode, he found a gap in the enemy line between the Persian infantry and their chariots.

Firing at the lead chariot he watched as his men followed, suit sending chariots crashing into each other as their drivers were hit as the Scythians passed.

Urging his horse into a full gallop Nashi bent his body forward to gain speed trying to make it through the gap before it closed.

While most of his army was forced to turn back as the infantry managed to block their path, enough of the Scythian Calvary did make it.

By late afternoon the Persian army was defeated, and the Scythian and Macedonian forces retreated to their own camps to take care of their wounded. After the two surviving armies had re-rallied themselves King Nashi rode forth under a banner of truce.

Riding out to meet him Alexander was curious about his rival. While it was clear he had suffered fewer casualties he wasn't attacking immediately.

Dismounting Nashi greeted him warmly saying, "Greetings noble Alexander, Great King of Macedonia. Truly the courage and skill you and your men have shown here today will live on in song and legend for ages to come. I consider myself blessed to have fought on the same ground as such honorable men."

Having not expected this Alexander was taken aback at Nashi's opening comments.

"I thank the King of Scythia for his kind words, and would also wish to voice my respect for him and his troops as well. Both of us are apparently seeking the same goal, so I must respectfully ask your purpose with this truce." Alexander said his tone indeed respectful.

"Many of our men have fallen on both sides. I have come merely to expand the territory of my people and now I must see to my wounded. Why should our men suffer when we could set aside our rivalry? Let us have peace between us.

You seek Darius who has now fled. I will not hinder you, and wish only to withdraw my army from the field without incident. Can we have peace?" Nashi said.

Eager to pursue the fleeing Darius Alexander saw little point in opening hostilities with Nashi. His father had died fighting this man and now Nashi was willing to step aside. Whatever the reasons, the rewards that this act alone offered were well worth the risk.

"I accept your offer of peace and wish you and your men a safe journey home. Farewell good king." Alexander said remounting his horse and returning to his lines, and ordering the pursuit of Darius.

Nashi watched him go as one of his aides approached.

"I could not help but overhear your conversation sire. Why would you give him Darius when you could have possibly crushed the Macedonian army here?" The aid a man who looked at least like he was ten years older than Nashi.

"Merely buying time. While Alexander and I may indeed have to face each other one day, I would prefer it when we are better prepared, and in a better position to do battle.

Gather the army and get it ready to march, and send our engineers to Babylon. I want it ready to receive our wounded and the fortifications begun.

By the time we get there, I expect the city to be ready to receive us." Nashi said motioning for his horse.

"It shall be done as you command sire, and what of the family of Darius that we have captured?" The aide said.

Nashi's troops had been quick to capture the family of Darius believing that they might provide their leader a claim to the throne. Though he had not ordered it Nashi was not surprised by the move.

His men were loyal and took advantage of an opportunity when it presented itself. Nashi's army was not one of mindless followers but thinkers who bent their minds, bodies, and souls to their master's service.

"Good work Daoud. Make sure they are comfortable and well taken care of. Have them brought to me when we reach Babylon. I will greet them there in their very own city." Nashi said.

"Yes sire." Daoud bowed pleased that his King actually knew his name.

It had been he who had given the order to capture Darius' family. In time his lord would discover that on his own but for now he would not push to hard to ingratiate himself.

Nashi was not one to forget loyal followers and would punish anyone who wrongfully tried to take credit for another's good work. In Daoud's mind his future and good fortune was assured.

Though he tried to hide the pleased look Nashi caught hiding his knowing smile. Daoud would indeed be rewarded for his quick thinking, and he would be able to consider Daoud's promotion during the march.

Riding back to camp he stripped himself of his armor and wiped away the sweat. When they reached Babylon he would look forward to a long bath, as they had to conserve water for drinking in the desert.

After he was done he stepped back outside his tent to watch the bustle outside and be alone with his thoughts as his attendants started to pack.

Watching his men going about their duties his mind drifted back to the young Macedonian King. It had not been the first time he had met one of his heroes in history. Long had he studied the exploits of Alexander.

While Nashi's subordinates might not respect Alexander Nashi knew better. The boy was dangerous just like him, and he did not want to leave anything to chance.

Babylon the jewel of the Babylonian Empire now lay within grasp. Why should he not take it?

As they approached the city viewing its splendor and numerous crowds of people Nashi could not help but smile in victory. Let his rival hunt down Darius. Nashi had what he wanted and it would provide his people with a new capital.

After a long warm bath Nashi emerged to dry himself with a towel and get dressed. Calling for a messenger he sent for Darius' family as he headed to the throne room.

The palace of Darius was comfortable and lustrous which made Nashi slightly uncomfortable, as did the whole idea of a harem. He was still unsure of what to do and was considering as the women and Darius' son arrived.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.