The Magus Prime - Cover

The Magus Prime

Copyright© 2007 by J. Emery

Chapter 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - As the power of magic fades, Orlin finds he is chosen to battle the reemergence of evil. His life is forever changed as he learns to wield the power of magic and love. Very little sex as the story begins, but will pick up speed in succeeding chapters.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Mind Control   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Orlin looked up from the book he was studying. He was sitting in the courtyard of a massive complex with marble pillars, quiet gardens, and picturesque walkways. A movement caught his attention. A column of blue robed acolytes filed from the Citadel of Sallidon after their morning classes. He smiled as one of the students broke ranks and ran his direction.

The girl rushed up and sat down beside him. "Orlin, my morning was horrible!" The smile faded as she continued. "I hate this place! They say I have the gift of Sallidon, but it's beyond me to do what the masters ask." She sighed in frustration.

"It will get better Marta, I promise." Orlin encouraged.

"I hope you're right." Marta said as tears ran down her cheeks. "Sometimes I feel the teachers are trying to cause me to fail. That would kill my parents, they are proud I am here."

Orlin thought back to his first days here. The morning after he found the ring, he awoke in his own bed and believed he dreamed his meeting with Mage Master Chord. It was three days later his mother answered a knock at the door, and a smallish man wearing a red robe and an ornate staff stepped through with a flourish.

"Mistress Cairn, I am Arch Mage Chord and with your permission I would like to speak to Orlin." He said this with a disarming smile.

"You are known to me. We are honored with your presence. Please step into the parlor and have a seat." She led the older man into the room. "I'll get my son."

Orlin walked into the room and stopped when he saw the old man sitting quietly by the fireplace. "You're real!" He exclaimed.

The old man's eyes twinkled then a deep laugh bubbled out. "I assure you I am not a figment of your imagination. We connected through the ring and what I told you that night was the truth. You will be my apprentice when your preliminary education is finished successfully."

Ista gave her son a puzzled look. "What ring is that Orlin?"

"I found a ring in the leather wrapping of that old book I've been reading." The boy sat down on the sofa and continued. "When I tried it on, it fit perfectly so I decided to keep it. That night I had a vivid dream and Master Chord told me I was to be his apprentice." Orlin sighed. "I thought it was my imagination and decided to not say anything about it."

Master Colin saw fear in Ista's eyes and spoke. "Ista it is the signet of Tan Cairn as you fear, but you have to understand the old magic is calling your son. I have arranged for Orlin to enter Triune University. In five years time after he has successfully completed the coursework there, I will take him to the Library of the Magus Prime and the Red Order will teach him the ways of the old magic." Master Colin's face darkened. "The portal of Zordarok is breached and a great evil is growing in the Southland. The prophecy will soon be fulfilled. The fact that the signet revealed itself to Orlin means he is the chosen heir of Lord Tan of the Magus Prime."

Ista shook her head. "Master Mage your words do little to comfort me. I knew this day would come when I learned of the book." A tear slipped from the corner of her eye. "I guess it will be my lot to sacrifice another loved one to the cause of good. How much blood do the gods desire from our family?"

"Mistress Cairn, the fight against evil never rests. The dark powers grow in Zordarok and the avatar of Keitor will soon be unleashed. Evil will triumph only when good men fail to act." Master Colin's face saddened. "We all have sacrificed to this cause and we can only pray that a lasting peace will someday be achieved."

That was almost five years ago and soon he would complete his studies and receive the Fire Robe of the Red Order. Orlin's thoughts returned to the present when he felt Marta's hand slip into his.

"Orlin let's go for a walk. I need to find a quiet place where I can relax and sort out this morning's class." Marta asked with a pleading in her deep blue eyes.

Orlin stood and put his arm around the girl and pulled her close. With his other hand he brushed a wisp of dark hair from her face. "I know just the place."

Marta turned and gave Orlin a quick kiss on the lips. "I feel better already."

Orlin listened to the bubbling sounds from the creek as it made its way past the small glade where the two were enjoying the afternoon and each other's company. Marta lay with her head in Orlin's lap. "Marta all three orders take their power from the matrix of the world. The Red Order uses their bodies to channel large amounts of energy into solid matter to either restructure or destabilize the elemental bonds."

Marta looked confused. "What does that mean?"

"Well," he paused for a moment. "When we destabilize the target will explode and when we restructure the intended item will form from the surrounding matter. The point is you have to allow the energy flow through you. It doesn't come from you."

"What you're saying makes sense. When I tried to mesmerize the basilisk today, I was trying to pull the power from inside." She turned and looked up into Orlin's brown eyes. "I should have pulled it from the world around me and directed it into the creature."

"Yes, try to feel the power around you." Orlin suggested as he caressed the soft skin of Marta's neck.

"That feels absolutely awesome. I have other places that long for your gentle touch. Would you like to see them unfettered by clothing?" She directed a view of her luscious body to the handsome man beside her.

Orlin laughed, "As much as I would love to caress all your secret places, this is not a good place." His eyes widened and he looked down at his girlfriend. "Wait a minute, you used telepathy."

She smiled and said, "I felt the power flow through me. It was awesome! Maybe there will be fewer angry animals chasing the students around the lab."

On the way back to the main campus they paused under a large tree and Orlin turned and looked into Marta's beautiful blue eyes and softly kissed her. She responded with a loud sigh and returned the kiss hungrily.

Orlin heard her voice in his head again. "When you find the right place let me know. I love you and I intend to spend the rest of my life with you."

The young apprentice kissed her again and while looking deeply into her eyes said, "I love you too, but remember, my love, wizards make poor husbands. I did not choose the arcane arts, they chose me and I cannot stray from this fate. If you still choose to join with me in marriage, I will return for you in three seasons at the time of the term's end."

The days progressed in an endless stream and the two love-struck youth spent all the time possible together. They followed the forest paths around the university and found several special places high on the mountainside overlooking the valley where they spent hours discussing their respective childhoods and dreams for the future.

Orlin practiced spell crafting and casting with Marta. He taught her the basic working of the magic in their world. They studied the History of the Magus Prime that he found so many years before and this knowledge increased her ability. By the time of spring's end, Marta's abilities grew to astonishing levels and the instructors were amazed at the amount of raw energy she could channel without mental injury.

"Orlin I have great news!" She said as she gave him huge hug. "I have been offered an apprenticeship with the Blue Order." Marta took Orlin's hand as they walked to the meal court. "After completion here, I will train at the Magus Prime with you."

"That will mean you will serve in the protectorate." Orlin's face showed traces of fear. "Your duty will be to assist the army against all enemies. That's not good news to me."

"If I were not capable, I would not have been offered the position. My gift has grown over the months and I am not with defenses." Marta was torn between hurt and anger. "You have no idea what I am able to do now that I can control the power." She fixed Orlin with an angry stare. "You should be proud of me. After all, you taught me how to channel the energy."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.