Retreads - Cover

Retreads

Copyright© 2007 by Rotedrachen

Chapter 29

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 29 - What would you do if given the opportunity to correct past mistakes? Add to this a mission from the Gods to complete and life could get interesting.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Celebrity   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   DoOver   Incest   Daughter   Group Sex   Interracial   White Couple   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   Size  

I fought down the rational, fatherly advice about "growing up too fast" and considered her question carefully. All of them were as old as we were mentally. It had to be almost like torture for them.

I tried to imagine what it would have been like for me if I had returned to age one instead of eleven and was horrified at the very idea. However, there were other things to consider.

Her smile dissapeared when my reply was "I'm sorry babe, but we can't."

She climbed up in my lap and tried to convince me. "Daddy, we thought this out already. Almost every government and public computer is an antique. Not many of them have been upgraded to our system yet so they're so easy to hack I could do it if I really was this young. The hard part would be the paper trail, but that's almost as easy. The records room at the hospital has a simple lock on it and the clerk's office has one roving security guard that never even comes close to where the birth certificates are stored. Before you ask, I snooped when you took me to the hospital with you and when we picked up the license plates last month. If anybody should come close, all we need to do is think at them that they should be somewhere else. We can scout before we do it. We figure that it will take a month to get to where we want to be because things won't grow any faster than that, though."

I sighed and kept trying to make her see reason. "You're forgetting some important facts, Angel. First of all, the records aren't the only consideration. There are a lot of people who know about you. They may not know who your father is, but they know your mother. You'd be dissapearing, in effect. It would cause all sorts of problems. That's not all, either. You may have our memories but in order to be Angel and not a clone of your parents, you need memories of your own. You won't get that experience without living it."

She was despondent, and on the verge of tears complained "but I want so badly for you to love me as much as you do mommy and I need to be the same age you are!"

"What do you mean, Angel?" I had to ask "I couldn't love you any more than I already do, it's not possible."

She hugged me and whispered "maybe you couldn't love me more, but you could love me differently."

I wasn't sure I liked the direction this conversation was going. "Angel" I said as sternly as I could "you're my daughter. Incest is illegal you know."

She looked up at me and said "bullshit! You know as well as I do why those laws were passed. You should also know that those reasons don't apply to us. We don't have any genetic defects to pass on to any children we would have. As for me being your daughter, there's no getting around that one. Outside of our family nobody would have to know that. We can choose any name we want for a fake birth certificate if we plant one. Besides that, bigamy is kind of frowned upon too."

I hated to deny my Angel anything, and when I said "if you still feel the same way on your sixteenth birthday, we'll discuss it then." I had the strangest experience to date.

She mentally "kissed" me and it was unbelievably nice. When I said "wow" I heard her say "wait until I can give you the real thing. I don't have the lips for it yet, but I've been studying. By the time that birthday rolls around I'll blow your mind!"

I was almost tempted to change my mind, but I knew I was right about this.

Rhonda and I had a game the next day and both felt bad afterward. I always knew what pitch the batter was looking for and we both knew what was coming when we were up to bat. I had another perfect game and we both went 4 for 4. Rhonda got her first home run, while I had three and a double.

Rhonda and Sharon had been feeling deprived so after the game they returned home with me. They stayed the rest of the week and kept me occupied at night after we were done in the lab.

The ceramic compound dried quickly and I took a sheet out to test it. A welding torch didn't even scorch it and a .50 caliber round left not a blemish on its surface. I couldn't crack it with a sledgehammer. I tried a rented jackhammer and got bounced off of it. I was more damaged than it was.

Intrigued, I did some calculations and found out that the average car body could be manufactured out of it for roughly fifty bucks. If we had the raw material instead of having to buy the finished ingredients it could be cut to thirty-five.

A bit more research had me believing that we did have it. Most of the raw product came from the desert, where we owned huge amounts of land, and the mountains, where we had almost as much.

The car body idea was shot down by Aaron anyway. It seems he believed that we had the robotic technology to produce carbon fiber body panels that would be lighter and just a strong as steel. It (the ceramics) would make good frames or armor though. I asked about the expense of his idea since I remembered that everything constructed of carbon fiber had been outrageously expensive before.

He got a smug look and said "That's might be because they didn't know how to do it right but it's more likely that they were lazy. It's not really that hard to make but steel is cheaper. They were worried more about their costs than they were the end user's expense. Steel weighs three times as much and causes more fuel consumption. Besides that, carbon fiber is five times stronger than steel."

From the way that sounded, I believed our fuel economy ratings would be even better. I figured the other automakers would have to get on board soon afterward in order to keep up. Hel, maybe we'd "leak" our engine design so they could copy that, too!"

I seriously considered giving up baseball again. I really did feel like I was cheating. At least until my memory was refreshed about the future.

Rhonda really let me have it. "You know all those guys who broke the home run records were on steroids. You don't have any more of an advantage than they did. At least your muscle is earned. The gods gave you the frame, but I've seen how hard you work to keep in shape. Besides, some of the best hitters always seemed to be able to predict pitches. Look at Cobb, Rose, and Gwynn. If they couldn't guess what was coming there's no way they could have hit like that. I've thought about it more and now I've decided that I'm going to be the first female big league ball player. I may not hit 5 home runs a year but I'll bet I can hit at least .300. I want to get pregnant in May of our senior year. I think I can get back in shape before baseball season in college. I want to keep playing ball with you."

She was right. Besides, with any luck, in ten years I might be able to get a few records in both sports. I always thought it sucked for guys to break records who were so obviously "juiced". I wouldn't be playing long enough to set the consecutive games played record. That was a shame because it was the one I always admired most. I'd have to settle for other things. The one i set my sights on was the consecutive game hitting streak. I wanted DiMaggio's record and with the added insight into what pitch to expect, I thought I could get it.

I also planned to go after the all-time batting average (Ty Cobb- .366), and all-time ERA (Ed Walsh- 1.82). I might be able to hit 500 home runs, but there was no way I could catch Hank Aaron in ten years.

The kid's help in the lab was instrumental in speeding up our research. They may not have provided much physical assistance but all of them came up with new ideas and ways to improve the designs.

A lot of people despised the continued automation of manufacturing plants because of the jobs that were eliminated. Our factories would already be as automated as possible when they opened. By starting out that way, no jobs would have to be cut in the foreseeable future.

All of our designs would be patented, proprietary, and only exported to countries where our partners controlled the technology. By doing it this way we would not only be able to compete with foreign competition but be able to sell at least as cheaply as they could.

Most of our positions would be machine operators and the majority of the rest would be maintenance personnel. The hope was that future robotic enhancements would provide most of the labor for dangerous tasks in space construction.

The number of people we had helped in the area hospitals was in the hundreds now and "recruits" had just passed the fifty mark. When the numbers were added in from the other scattered "Retreads" who had been doing the same, we had a total of 127 new devotees.

Every one of them volunteered at hospitals, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers. Many of them wanted to become employees at the factory clinics when they reached 18 years of age.

Rhonda was using her enhanced talents to more of an extent than I was. It looked like she might be able to exceed her prediction of five home runs per year in the majors. By knowing exactly where the pitch was going to be, she could put it where she wanted. In the most recent game she had two to my four. We were both walked a lot, but neither of us ever struck out.

That weekend Aaron and Paul showed us a better formula for automotive frame applications. We had been worried that because of how strong the ceramic was that in a crash it wouldn't absorb any of the impact, thereby totaling the occupants.

The new material would not only collapse, it would pop back into shape gradually. This took from five to twenty minutes, depending on the force applied initially. It was also almost as light as the other ceramics and cheaper to manufacture. We still had ample use for the original formulas. Everything from body armor to ship hulls could use that.

Brian and Brianna had been even busier, and had a few theories outlined for drive systems. They hadn't figured out how to manage FTL (faster than light) travel but said they could approach it with what they termed a "particle drive".

This used free particles in space to provide propulsion. They also had a drive for atmospheric travel which they called the "gravity drive", which they explained by saying "if you've seen the UFO clips, you've seen this".

Having a photographic memory and being a space addict my entire life I recalled a paper I had read in 1995 that was written by Miguel Alcubierre in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Wales, in Cardiff which outlined what seemed to me a workable Warp drive theory.

When I mentioned it, I was immediately sat in front of the nearest keyboard to re-create it. After reading it over my shoulder as I entered it they snatched the copy off the printer so fast I think they left the ink behind. Tina was exited about Wes's formulas but would only tell me that she thought he was on to something useful.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.