Space - Cover

Space

Copyright© 2006 by John Wales

Chapter 22

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 22 - Wally was short thin boy that was usually picked on. He was nothing special but his mind was odd. Centuries earlier a king fled his planet after his throne was usurped. The ship was nearly destroyed and somebody very special had to be found to repair it.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Slow  

Nadac thought and said, "Assisting your compatriots to communicate is the easiest to grant. The communicator could be given visible memory crystals but Rontem will read the data stored on them. They would have to come here to get the portions of the skull crystallised to store data we do not want Rontem to find. This would be a traumatic time for them."

"What if they were unconscious? I can ship them here one at a time and you can process them. I would prefer having a two or more place vehicle made so that I can assist you. You can force them to do as you wish then remove the memory but I want them unconscious all the time. To do this you need my assistance."

"I have the ability to do everything required without waking them. You have to provide the processed crystals."

"Then do what you can to guide me in getting the flux lines packed more densely."

I had been working on two part crystals and now I went back to one. Some crystals had a great density of lines. Nadac was not really a tech but he had the memory modules of the previous tech. We worked together for hours with no success in the experiment. I went to exercises like I had before and then went back to the crystal.

I had seen pictures once that looked odd and repetitious. When they were looked at by some people, an image could appear to jump out. This was the same way but much more difficult. I was not viewing in three dimensions or a mathematical graphs in five. Straightening out a crystal's field and making it resemble a graph was easy compared to what I was trying to do.

The pattern had to be seen first before it could be manipulate. Nadac brought over the 88 computer and I looked within it. It was difficult to see because of the many fields. There were thousands of fields and then harmonics between the crystals.

Nadac got the 88 to do a task repeatedly as I watched. It took only a few minutes until I saw a pattern then it blossomed and I could see a much larger pattern.

"That's amazing Nadac."

"Look into your crystal."

It took less than a minute until I saw a similar pattern though much smaller within the unit. Adjusting the molecules were no more different than before. The pattern in my head required me to start in one place in the crystal. It was like playing Lego as I broke down a crude structure and built a much neater five dimensional shape with it.

When I finished, I looked at the crystal and found it only a fraction of its original size.

Nadac said, "You have completed this task satisfactorily. You have dispersed the majority of the crystal into all five dimensions."

"Could I move all of it into the other dimensions?"

There as a long pause and I knew I had something when Nadac said, "That is a very difficult task to accomplish. The maximum done so far has been to have 82% of the mass of a crystal moved into the combinations of other dimensions. The crystal was moved into two of the common dimensions and one of the other. This is enough to remove mass."

"I made the main processor for an 80. Could I make another but shift more of its bulk into the other dimensions. It would then appear to be a lesser unit."

"Your idea is sound but you cannot hide the number of flux lines even if it is smaller."

I thought a moment then said, "You showed me a crystal made of many different molecules. It had a great many lines of force coming from it because it did everything a computer must do. Could I condense a similar crystal so that it performs all the functions of an 80 and appear to be an inferior unit?"

Nadac was quiet a long time now. "My memory as a Cyberneticist tells me that this was attempted and was partially successful. The memories I was able to take with me just list this happening with few details. The majority of my memories were placed in crystals in my skull when I was in a biological form. These and my memories in the main computer were not copied when I was transferred to where I am now."

I said, "You're the researcher. I need the data you did manage to bring with you and additional storage... can memory storage units be pushed into the other dimensions. A crystal that appears small to Rontem may be large if we can partition it. The portion he can access will correspond to the size of the crystal that is viewable."

"That is a good idea. That is already done in some military units. I did not suggest it to you because you have not gathered the skill to do this until now. Let's see what you can actually make. Perhaps we can add material to your existing memory hidden in the bone of your skull."

I worked much harder making memory crystals. A partition was put in that looked like the normal one that incorporated the entire crystal. The crystal was then shrunk in size. The capacity was compared to its size. It didn't match close enough and it was destroyed. It was much easier to start with virgin material.

It was the seventh unit that matched but I tried to do even better with a non-partitioned unit. I was making mistakes and had to sleep.

When I awoke, I exercised. After eating I began on another crystal. Nadac had been talking to me as soon as I awoke. He appeared eager to see what I could do. There were six possible triplets of dimensions. The triplet we were familiar with just got less of the material. It occurred to me that I could make a computer in five of the triplets and ignore the one we used. This was cut off abruptly. Nadac could read minds and he was an Aristis, not a human. He had a back door into my thinking and I had never found a way to keep him out.

I finally reached the 82% level and continued. Nadac didn't say it was impossible to do more and he was as interested as I was. When my latest crystal hit 86%, I thought he would dance around.

"How come I can do more than what your records indicate?"

"I have been working on just that problem. It takes many units of time before a master could displace even half of a crystal."

"I am part Tomma. They altered my race you said. Perhaps I am partially what they wanted."

"I have been looking through your race's DNA with this in mind. Humans vary a great deal. Your race is full of genetic defects that get bred back into the general population. A high proportion of your race seems to almost have the ability you have before we met. I do not know if this is the result of deliberate manipulation or chance.

I said, "Let's go with intent. Can you see how I am different than the Aristis and from my fellow humans?"

"Your brain was studied intently but I see nothing odd. It is not the same as a Tomma or the Aristis but the differences are understandable and minor."

Nadac had no idea then. I also assumed he was going to work on it when he could steal the time without being caught at it. "Nadac, I think I can get more. If I work on the 88 at my home I can hide this activity from Rotem."

"We were going to use that unit to supplement my work."

"How about I build standard memory units. They go into my skull and Rotem can monitor their contents. It would be just what a tech would know. I can experiment at home and build another computer more on my own. When I have mine, you can have yours back. While working inside the computer I am safe from detection."

"I cannot help you that way."

"I have to come back here more often for training without arousing suspicion unless we can use another portion of the ultrawave band that Rontem is not monitoring."

"He monitors it all."

"Radio?"

"Why use that? It's slow."

"We are close. We can use a cell phone."

"That may be possible. Rontem demands uploads of data often and at irregular time. I have built within myself a complete personality that Rontem monitors while I am free most of the time to use my real personality."

"Can I do this?"

"You are not a cybernetic device."

"Too bad. What about borrowing the 88?"

"I would allow it but the king will find out at the next upload and then he could deny you the use of the machine."

"If I do not try then I cannot succeed. I also need some buds, a ceramic case, and all the other necessary parts."

"I will have to deliver this later."

I worked on other crystals to do the work Rontem expected. One of the crystals would do much more than the six ultrawave units in my skull. Again I worked with Nadac's eager help but we were both afraid of showing too much of Nadac's real knowledge. A tech was not a Cyberneticist.

I did not get an upgrade as I hoped but my existing Ultrawave was removed and the tiny crystal replaced with a slightly larger unit. This was partitioned to coincide with its size. It was my best effort to date and hid 93% of its mass. I had much of Nadac's knowledge but only that relating to computers.

I did not have the units to implant and I didn't have a med unit. I had something better. I had the knowledge to build them. This was placed in my public memory for Rontem to find.

Many phone calls had come to me but Nadac answered them with my voice and mannerisms. I did not like this but it worked better when I had to learn. I had stayed to the last minute and emerged out of the ship just down the street from my home on the morning I had to go to school. Betts, Erica and the rest met me in the school yard where I was immediately mugged.

The guys wanted to know what I had learned and asked. The girls were the same but were quiet.

"I learned of a neat device that stimulates a cell to heal. It is secret so far but will come out eventually. I learned how to control a small vehicle like the Americans use in the battlefield. Mine didn't have a bomb or a gun but only an eye."

Chuck said, "I could use that in the summer when I check sunbathers." Wendy elbowed him but he still smiled.

"There's a small implant that has to go in first. Like the kind you read about that lets an invalid move a mouse pointer or select keyboard characters."

Sam said, "Neat. I could use that."

"I am trying to get it. It is hooked up to our glasses. That's how I talk to you."

"Really!"

Everybody was interested now but I could not say too much because the munchkins and Paul were not fully into our group yet.

Jerry said, "We could cheat at tests."

"Yes you could but then you don't learn. There was one guy that was using two feet to stomp information into me. It was brutal. If I had taken the easy way all the time I could not have passed the tests to be accepted to the academy.

Paul said, "What academy?"

"It is an online school. I'd sign you up but you do not know enough math yet.

Wendy said, "What about us. I talked to that guy Chuck talks to. He sounds ok. Can he teach us stuff too?"

"I'll see after we get home from karate. We can get the course but I don't know if they have enough tutors to help all of us. We learn what an infantryman has to know then go on to learn... more complicated stuff."

Paul said, "Can you see if they'll take me?"

"Why would you want to learn? They will make you learn what an astronaut knows. They might put you in a rocket someday and shoot you at Alpha Ursae Majoris."

"I'd meet the Tomma women." He had three girls beating him now and he fled for his life.

People were dressed better after Christmas. I looked for those that looked depressed and didn't see any. After recess I would get Betts to look too. When I did ask Erica said, "Steph didn't look that happy."

"Find out if there is anything we can do." I quizzed Nadac and found that there were a lot of suicides during and after Christmas.

When we were let out at the end of the day Miss Lime said, "I wanted to thank you again for that lovely drawing. That would have cost a lot of money to get done. I wish I had your talent."

"You're welcome. I suddenly found the ability. Perhaps yours needs to be stimulated. Sheridan is a great college for the visual arts. The students get a chance to paint nudes. You might find your inspiration there."

"Wally, I don't know what to do with you."

"I doubt if you are a prude Miss Lime. Copy pictures. Your ability will increase the more you try. A night course may be just what you need."

When we got outside there were two more people with us. Steph was one. She was held by Erica and Wendy. Betts was talking to a thin boy from the other class. Betts got him to board the bus with us and Steph came too.

Betts said, "This is Jeff. He wanted to try out karate with us."

Though it was not done by kids our age I put out my hand. Jeff shook it and I said, "Glad to meet you Jeff. The guys here are outnumbered and we need all the reinforcements we can get." He was too shy to answer but he did smile.

We had to sit on the floor because there were so many of us. Buses didn't have to have seatbelts and most of us didn't have seats either.

Betts and Erica made sure Jeff and Steph were well introduced and they even sat side by side. Matchmaking at its finest I guess.

Karate was as strenuous as I wanted it to be. I had two new moves I wanted to try on Sensei Kazuyoshi but he had other plans. The two newcomers worked with us but they didn't put much effort into what they did.

When the class finished, Chuck said, "What are we doing now?"

"You guys go to the university pool again or have some free time. I need to make our communicators."

"I thought they were high-tech?"

"You will see how high-tech. They won't be cans and string. Only a very few have this type and you guys will have them."

"What do they do?"

"For the moment, voice only. Later visual information can be transmitted. No more one way communications. This unit can communicate with your computer directly. Nobody hears what you hear and nobody can hear what you say. I have an ultra miniaturised unit over my house now. I can see threats if they are obvious. You guys get your own units. They are not like satellite but you get better uploads."

Patricia said, "What are you guys talking about?"

"New equipment I learned how to make."

"What's it do?"

"Neat stuff like spying."

"Can we do it too?"

"You guys don't know enough mathematics."

"You said that before."

"It's still true."

"Will you teach us?"

"I will but you will get bored."

Chuck wanted to know more and I said, "Talk to your tutor. He may have the authority to release the information."

Chuck's face lit up and he saluted. I saluted back with a similar smile. In the meantime I talked to Nadac to find out how much info should be transferred and what slant we wanted on it. Equipment from a secret military lab was ok as long as it was of terrestrial origin.

Betts and Erica asked me too. Erica had to check out Betts' computer to find out more.

The computers were busy in the house and I loaned mine out. I hid in my room with a crystal in my mouth as I worked on it. I was not experimenting now because I would be monitored. I worked on what a good tech might conceivably know. Nadac had requested data from Fonduush to supplement his own. This made my work much more probable.

My project now was the med unit. It could be as complicated as a large computer because it was a computer and also had tools to manipulate. This unit had to be in a small size too. A hospital or an aid station would have large powerful units but those used in the field had to be small and light. One was built into the armoured battle suits. It was a different design to do its work within confined places.

I made the parts for my bulky unit and waited for Nadac to send the rest of the equipment. I would need a bud for each system. If and when the 88 came, I could possibly get it to produce buds too.

At our meal there was little talk about my trip. The guard ate with us usually. We treated them all like part of a conventional family but not the way we were to each other. The paperwork had gone in for Paul's adoption and this was the current topic of discussion. The boy had changed a lot now that he met the munchkins.

The guys had gone home and so had most of the girls. Erica lived with Gail but the two of them were always over here instead. All of us liked it that way.

Betts' tutor gave Erica work to do as I got my computer back and I 'inquired' if there were any openings for more enrolment in the academy. Nadac had lots of capacity when compared to an earth machine but he had lots of duties. The guys tended to use his capacity all at once. None was used when they were asleep or in school. I was told that we could have audio only and get everybody. The youngsters would learn math but it was their age that I was really concerned with. Nadac would not give me any USB keys but would give me the blanks and the raw crystals. This loaded me down a lot more.

I continued on the med unit after telling Erica and Paul that they were enrolled but only for sound and of course typing and the graphical display a computer could usually generate. Making a real time display of a person talking and moving was very costly in processing power.

The family ignored me as best they could. I guess I was like a teenager though it would be a few months before I became a teen. I stayed in the room but went out that night at ten and picked up a delivery from Nadac. I hurried to my room and showed Betts and Erica a box forty centimetres square and thirty deep. This was large enough for an 80 but it had to be open so that my head would fit in to check on the function and the growth of the device. I was going to get the 88 tomorrow night and I had a chance to show a stripped down unit in its infancy. The parts for the USB keys were there and this alone would help.

The buds were in a ceramic cylinder with enough stored power and nutrients to keep them alive for a few weeks.

Erica said, "What is all this stuff for?"

I said, "This may look like a toy but it will be a computer some day. This one is not started yet."

"How does it work?"

"I have to tell you a secret. Only Betts knew this up until now. It's just as important as... what we did before. You have to never talk about this."

"Ok."

"I am serious. This can get me more into trouble than last time."

"I won't tell anybody Wally."

"I didn't think you would but I just want to make you aware or how important it is"

Erica said, "Ok," much more solemnly now.

"One of the reasons I came to the attention of the academy was because I can see a field around certain crystals." Betts didn't know that the academy tied in this way. "There are very few people that can see the lines of force coming out. It is just the way my mind sees two extra dimensions."

"What do you mean? There are only three dimensions."

"You're wrong Erica. Very close to an atom there are up to twenty one dimensions depending on the size of the nucleus. You can research the net and they will tell you that there are up to fourteen. There are some researchers that know that there are more. Two of those dimensions extend much further from the nucleus of an atom. The new dimensions mean that they found new types of force and energy.

"The academy wanted me because I could move a molecule with my mind. It is a form of psychokinesis and too small to be noticed. Actually a lot of people have it but moving a molecule or two would never get noticed. Since I can see the lines of force, I can see the effect of my work."

"Can you show me?"

"Actually I can. I have got stronger since then." I got my flashlight and said, "Help me move the bed but take small steps. I am after some vicious animals."

The girls looked at me with worry. I said, "I want a dust bunny and a small one that doesn't have big teeth."

The girls looked a bit sheepish and moved the bed with me. I got them to lay down and I turned off the light. The flashlight was laid on its side aimed at a small bit of dust. "Don't breathe on it. Put your hand over your nose and mouth and I will make it move."

The dust bunny moved away from me then back. It then formed a 'T'. Next it did a square and finally a circle within it.

Erica did some thinking when the lights went back on. Betts did the same thing but didn't look as worried. Erica said, "Can you do anything more?"

"I can move a crumb if it is not too big."

She seemed to relax and said, "What is so important about that? I heard of people bending spoons and making things fly for a long time."

I could say that they were charlatans but it was good cover for me. "This is not another person but me. I don't want some business or government lab getting me and locking me up. The government lab I am with is nursing me along at a pace I can handle. The other ones would lock me up and I would not get out."

"They wouldn't do that."

I held Erica's hands and said, "When somebody wants something very badly then laws will not stop them. Governments make laws but then assassinate people. Businesses break the laws all the time if they figure they can get away with it. Believe me when I say that I would be taken away."

"If you say so but what does moving a bit of dust around have to do with this?"

"Some molecules generate odd fields that go into all five common dimensions. I can straighten them out and make the field useful. A steel bar is made of iron atoms. They are all in random arrangements. I never tried but I could line up the iron molecules so they worked together. I would then have a magnet."

"I can see that."

"Well I can take a crystal and turn it into a ram chip."

"That sounds neat."

"If you go on the net, you will find that a computer is made up of small chips that could work together to make a computer. The CPU is just like ram and other transistors and capacitors. We once had a computer made of tubes like an old radio. You put all the tubes together and you can make logic circuits. I can make those kind of things. Modern computers are not made of tubes any more. Everything is packed on a tiny chip. I can make that tiny chip too but it's hard and takes a long time."

"So you are going to make crystals and put them in this box to get a computer?"

"Yep. I change the crystals and put them together in the box. This one is simple in a way. It's like a kit I have to put together."

"That doesn't sound hard."

"It's hard for me. It was one of those tiny chips that allowed me to find Wendy and the guys last time. We are at the cutting edge of technology here. They find out things and I try them too. I'm not much good yet but by the time I grow up I may find something new."

"So they are going to put you in the army or something."

"Well I am in a way and so are you guys. I need people to train with. You guys make me work harder in karate. It's like being in sports. We push each other to do our best. A mind or a body does not develop very well from a chair. It is by doing something that we learn the best.

I added, "I have something else I want to tell you and this is even more top secret."

"What?" came from both girls.

"They have found that gravity is a type of energy from the five dimensions we know about. They are working on antigravity. It works now in small crystals. We figure we can make a platform that floats and then a small ship. Wouldn't it be neat to be the first kids in our class to orbit the earth?"

Betts said, "Never mind our class. Kids never get to do that."

"I know some kids that are going to try. It might take a few years."

Erica said, "Don't we need a rocket to get us there?"

"We float up or we use small rockets. It depends on how strong we can make the anti in antigravity."

"How do we get down?"

"Make the antigravity weaker."

"Let's try it."

"I am the only one that can change the crystals. I have to make a computer as an assignment for school. I have to make a bigger crystal that goes into you like the other one and allows you to talk to us and for you to hear. Your man is going to be busy for a long time making other things. One of them is the USB keys the guys' computers communicate with."

I took one key apart and showed the girls the interior. The crystal took the power from the port and converted it into a usable form then this was used to send and receive data. I concentrated on the crystals and altered them quickly then went over it once more to fine tune it.

I handed the completed key to Erica and said, "Put this into Patricia's computer for today. We will get you a laptop tomorrow so you can study alone."

"Ohhh can I get one like yours."

"Mine is better than most and just has a titanium case. Yours should look ordinary if you show other people."

She didn't like the idea much but she was young. Betts looked put out and I added, "You get a new computer too. Maybe I can buy in bulk and everybody gets one."

I got a kiss from each and that seemed to be that. I could just move a crumb with my mind and see lines of force. The mysterious government agency wanted to train me and gave me assistance in many forms. My girls were naive but I loved them for it. I would have to explain shooting through walls and opening safes with ease otherwise.

The two left with the key while I went to work on the other keys. They were important. I could use them as before and after experiments to show that I had done something to the crystals. Letting the rest know of my ability was not a good idea just yet. Perhaps later, when we had something else to think about, I would let them know about my crystals. They were quick to make and I put them aside.

More work was done on the med unit before the girls figured it was play-time. Half the time the girls still passed out and it relaxed me too so I could sleep better. A warm body on each side of me made it better yet.

I processed crystals in school. During the recesses and lunch I socialised. Between crystals, Nadac gave me updates on our business ventures. Caputo was working on a counter offer that would give me all of Cosner but this was from our spies that monitored him and his lawyers. My own spy needed little attention. It hovered in place and sent back images to Nadac for processing but its threat recognition needed a lot of work. A newspaper sheet blowing in the wind activated it.

During lunch I asked for quotes on two dozen laptops. My voice did not help so Nadac took over this task. I didn't need state of the art but I didn't want old units either. Cash was the preferred exchange. Too many companies got ripped off otherwise. Nadac continued with the process and said, "Twenty four units will be on hand tomorrow. You may pick them up after your martial arts training."

I didn't want to say thanks because of my quest for three of the more prestigious castes but I did say, "You did very well Nadac." I received no reply.

A better drone was within my capacity. I could make it small but Rontem could compare its size to its capabilities and know I had training I should not have had. The extra tech training installed on my larger memory chip could be an excuse. I could claim this as the reason for an inspiration but I could not do it more than once.

I wanted to process the image in the computer in my mind. It would then be easily seen on my internal screen without having to be managed through Nadac. He could lie to me about what is seen as he was doing to Rontem. Nadac seemed to be holding himself in control but on a few instances it looked like he could be violent and he was very powerful.

Jeff and Steph came with us again. Betts talked to them about working harder and fraternising after. Chuck hit Jeff below the belt by saying that Steph would like a guy that could protect himself and her. Steph worked harder because Jeff was.

Before we got home I saw that Betts gave Jeff and Steph some money to go out and have a good time. She had lots of money so it was no hardship on her.

When I got home, I went to the lowest level room and opened the door to the back yard to ostensibly look out. An invisible delivery service had the 88 and a lot of spare parts I needed. Some very small assemblies were here to complete the med unit.

My med unit was the very basic model. There was no scalpel or tractor. All mine did was heal. The wound had to be closed and possibly sutured. The unit worked on accelerating the action of the DNA and RNA. This would help a virus so a simple sterilizer was added. An accumulator held a charge that did the work. This unit was both mind operated and had three buttons. One button and a control button to begin the repair. The control and another would supply a crude form of sterilisation that we had used when the crystals were injected into us.

The 88 was twenty centimetres cubed. It was still the most powerful computer on earth other than Nadac and perhaps some of his units. The load we would put on it was not much. I looked through walls and floors until I was able to get this shipment to my room. The computer relied on beamed power. A small black box took the power from the outlet and broadcast it. Only equipment phased to collect this power would get it. It was also just as efficient as house wiring. Large units were better than high-voltage power lines used on earth.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.