Love And Truth

by DG Hear

Copyright© 2006 by DG Hear

Fiction Story: Did he catch her cheating? No-sex in this story. Just about love and truth.

Tags: Ma/Fa  

There is no sex in this story. A big thank you goes out to my editors LadyCibelle and Techsan. They always make my stories a much better read.


We've been married for five years. Unlike most of our friends we didn't start a family yet. We decided to wait till we were a little older and more financially stable.

I didn't want to be like my older brother who's on his second marriage and has his two kids from his first marriage come and visit every other weekend. His second wife's three kids live with them and now she's pregnant with his child. They have five kids in all with one in the furnace. Kids are great but not in messed up marriages like that. Unfortunately there are a lot of marriages like that today. It's got to be a little hard on the kids.

I love my wife and want to be with her forever. I want a family but not till we're both ready. The sex and love between us has been great since we got married. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for her. Like they said in that one movie, "She completes me."

I work in a manufacturing plant as a laborer but was hoping to move up eventually. I started this job right out of high school which was seven years ago.

Brittany went to college and received a two year associate degree and accepted a position at the local newspaper office in the secretarial department. With us both working we were able to buy a lot of things for a young couple. The only problem was that we bought most of it on credit. It was fine as long as we were both working but I got the bad news that I was getting laid off.

The bad news rocked my little world. Since we didn't have any kids my unemployment was going to be low. I didn't know if we would be able to make it on just Britt's salary and my pittance of unemployment.

Of course when you don't pay your bills on time, creditors get mad and spouses start fighting. It's what was happening to Britt and I. To top things off, I tried drowning my problems with booze. It just made things worse and I spent more money that we didn't have.

Our love life was getting strained to the limit between arguments and the drinking. I look back now and realized we didn't handle it well. It's times like these that tell whether a marriage is strong enough to survive. Here's what happened in ours.

She would go to work and I would try and do a few things in the house. I would go on a few job interviews but the job market was tight and the jobs for a high school graduate were slim and low paying. I'd find myself at Joe's bar and start drinking. Britt was getting pissed at me and told me I needed to try harder.

A couple of bar girls approached me for sex but I always refused it. I love sex but I wasn't going to cheat on my wife. It's how my brother got in trouble and I didn't want to follow that path. Some nights I went home smelling pretty bad. After a few months like this, Britt called me a useless husband during an argument. I can't tell you how much that hurt me. I might have been drunk but to have her of all people tell me I was useless was more than I could take.

She accused me of having sex with the gals at the bar. I told her it was totally untrue.

"Yes, they approached me but I never had sex with them," I tried to explain.

"Did you buy them drinks with our house money? Money that we needed to pay our bills," she asked me.

I didn't want to lie to her so I told her the truth.

"Yes, I bought them drinks and they sat with me. I was lonely and wanted company."

"You son-of-a-bitch! I'm out working and trying to pay the bills and you take what little money we have and buy other women drinks. You come home to me too drunk to even make love to me and you want me to feel sorry for you? What about me? Don't you think I get lonely too, coming home to an empty house while my husband is cajoling other women? Get out of my sight, you worthless bastard. Maybe I'll find a real man. One who won't cheat on me!"

She ran into the bedroom crying. I knew she was too mad to try to talk to. I walked out and spent the night at Joe's bar. I got drunk and passed out and he closed up and let me sleep it off. Later I found out that he called Britt to let her know I was there and he would see I was taken care of. Of course I didn't know it at the time. The next morning I drove home and Britt had already left for work. I called her at work to apologize and she didn't take my call. Later that day she called me and said she might have to work over. I tried to apologize to her but she wouldn't listen to me.

I decided I'd have to make it up to her somehow. My unemployment check arrived in the mail and I thought I would take her out for dinner and make it up to her. I knew money was tight but my marriage was more important than paying a damn credit card bill.

I cleaned up and stopped and bought her a small bouquet of flowers. I decided I would go meet her at work and apologize to her and take her out for dinner. She usually got off at five so I headed to the parking garage a little after five. I wanted to give her time to get to her car before I surprised her.

As I was driving though the parking garage I remembered her saying she might have to work over. I figured I would just park my car and walk up to her office. I knew she always parked on level two. She did that so she wouldn't forget where she parks. I headed up to level two and saw her car. She was standing next to it and was talking to a guy who was holding her hands. As I pulled up she didn't notice me at first. The man was talking to her; I couldn't hear what he was saying. Britt was looking down toward the ground.

I pulled up in front of her car and she looked up and saw me.

Her mouth flew open as she said, "Peter, what are you doing here?"

She quickly let go of the man's hands. He looked very nervous when he saw me. My first thought was to jump out and confront the fellow who was holding my wife's hand. I was totally out of it and wasn't sure what to do.

"I came to apologize to you and ask your forgiveness but I guess you have other ideas, like telling me you were working over."

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.