Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top - Cover

Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top

Copyright© 2006 by Al Steiner

Chapter 10a

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 10a - The continuing adventures of Jake Kingsley, Matt Tisdale, Nerdly Archer, and the other members of the rock band Intemperance. Now that they are big successes, pulling in millions of dollars and known everywhere as the band that knows how to rock, how will they handle their success? This is not a stand-alone novel. If you haven't read the first Intemperance you will not know what is going on in this one.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Cheating  

"What happened?" Helen asked when Jake finally hung up the phone. She, Greg, and Celia had all heard enough of his end of the conversation to gleam that Matt was in jail and in a lot of trouble.

"Pauline doesn't know very much right now," Jake said. "There was apparently some sort of car chase that led to a melee at Matt's house in San Juan Capistrano. He's in the Orange County jail, charged with assault on a peace officer, resisting arrest, possession of cocaine, DUI, and a variety of vehicular related charges like reckless driving and evading a peace officer."

"Oh my God," Helen said, shaking her head.

"Kim was arrested too," Jake said. "She's charged with assaulting a peace officer and resisting arrest. She was able to post bail so she should be out in an hour or so. They're not giving Matt bail until he goes before a judge on Monday morning. He'll have to spend the weekend locked up."

"That's awful," Celia said. "Not very surprising, but awful."

"I trust he has a lawyer working on this," Greg said.

"I'm sure that National will set him up with one of the best defense attorneys available," Jake said. "They won't want this to affect the tour."

"Imagine," Greg said with horror. "Having to spend two days in a jail... with common criminals! How demeaning."

"Are you going to have to go back to LA tonight?" Celia asked.

"We can't," Jake said. "We were both drinking on the golf course so neither one of us can fly until tomorrow morning. Besides, there's not a lot we're going to be able to do tonight anyway."

"We'll have to leave in the morning, though?" Helen asked.

"Yeah," Jake said. "At first light." He turned to Celia and Greg. "Sorry, we won't be able to play golf tomorrow."

"Understandable," Celia said.

"Though it is a pity," Greg added. "I was planning to win back my six grand."

Dinner that night was excellent, but somewhat subdued. Afterward, they had a few after-dinner drinks out on the deck. Greg produced Cuban cigars for Jake and himself. When they lit up, Celia suggested that she and Helen go back inside and drink a little more wine while the boys did their male bonding thing.

"I like the way you think, Celia," Helen agreed. She gave Jake a quick kiss on the cheek, wrinkled her nose at the cigar smell, and followed Celia into the house.

Jake and Greg talked of inconsequential things for a few minutes. They discussed Matt's troubles and the past legal scrapes that the members of the band had been involved in. Greg was particularly shocked about the incident in Texarkana, Texas on their first tour.

"They beat him with a telephone book?" he asked, eyes wide.

"They put a football helmet on him first," Jake said. "That way when they whopped the shit out of his head with the phone book, it didn't leave a mark."

"And he didn't sue for police brutality?" Greg asked.

"I think he was happy enough just to be out of there," Jake said. "I know I was."

"That's reprehensible," Greg said, shaking his head at the injustice of it all.

"That's law enforcement in Texas," Jake said. "He's lucky they didn't bury him in a landfill somewhere."

Eventually, the subject came around to the upcoming wedding.

"We're both very happy that you accepted our invitation to the wedding, Jake," Greg told him. "And your offer to write a song especially for the occasion... well, Celia explained to me just how personal of a gesture that is. I thank you for that."

"You might want to wait until after you hear the song to thank me," Jake said with a chuckle.

"It's a pity you couldn't use that Head East song you and Celia did last night. I would think it would make a perfect song for a new bride."

"Huh?" Jake said, confused. "There's Never Been Any Reason? How would that make a perfect song for a bride?"

"It contains the line, 'I'm going down for the last time', does it not?" Greg asked with a slight grin.

It took a moment for Jake to realize that Greg had made a joke. And, once analyzed, it was a pretty good one too. Jake started to laugh. "Holy shit, Greg," he said. "There is a sense of humor in there, isn't there?"

Greg was laughing too. "Once in a while," he said. "Every once in a while."

"Seriously though," Jake said. "Now that Celia and Helen aren't around, I just want to make sure that you don't mind my presence at your wedding. I don't want to damage your image. If you're just inviting me to keep Celia happy, please let me know."

"No, not at all," Greg said. "My image will survive your presence at my wedding. It might even be enhanced by it."

"Enhanced by it?"

"Absolutely," Greg said. "My official persona is that I'm a bit of an introvert, a boring yet intelligent man who rises reluctantly but efficiently to the occasion when the situation warrants it. It's a mold that keeps me locked into certain kinds of roles. It's a mold that is already well on its way to condemning me to the status of a character actor for life. I don't want to be stuck playing just one particular type of character my entire career. I want to be the villain sometime. I want to be the lady's man sometime. I want to be the natural born leader who knows how to get things done. Do you see what I mean?"

"Yeah," Jake said. "Actually I do. I'm typecast as the hard rock singer of Intemperance, the partying, ass-crack sniffing degenerate. Any music I produce right now is expected to fall into that genre. In truth, I'm getting a little tired of the hard rock. I'd like to put out some tunes that are a little mellower, a little bluesier."

"You do understand," Greg said. "So maybe this 'coming out' that we'll be doing will help enhance your career as it helps mine."

"You think that having me show up at your wedding will help with that?" Jake asked.

"Absolutely," he said. "It'll show the world that Celia and I have dangerous friends, that we're able to hang out with and gain the friendship of the infamous Jake Kingsley. For you, it'll show that you're able to relate to the more simple and refined Celia Valdez and Greg Oldfellow. I'm actually looking forward to what the tabloids will have to say once they find out you're on the guest list and will be singing at the event."

"It should be interesting," Jake agreed.

They puffed their cigars thoughtfully, watching as one of the security trucks made its nightly rounds down the cart path of the golf course. When it disappeared onto the seventh hole, Jake looked at Greg thoughtfully.

"So I take it," he said, "that you and Celia were able to come to an agreement on the wording of your prenup?"

"Yeah," Greg said. "Finally. I'm telling you, Jake, that whole issue damn near tore us apart. We almost called off the wedding a number of times. She simply would not capitulate on the basic fact that a prenuptial agreement is necessary. She wouldn't negotiate on the matter in any way. Her position was that there would be no prenup or there would be no wedding."

"Apparently she feels very strongly about it," Jake said.

"That's the understatement of the year," Greg said. "And if I thought that she was so insistent on the matter simply because she was trying to get her hands on my money, I would've just sent her down the road a long time ago, but I don't believe that's where she was coming from at all."

"No?"

"No," he said. "In a way, her views on the whole subject of prenuptial agreement are part of what makes her personality so dear to me. It's her sense of romanticism that makes her opposed to the agreement. She honestly thinks that marriage is forever and that signing an agreement on what happens if the marriage doesn't last is an affront to the honesty and integrity that should define a marriage."

Jake nodded, taking a thoughtful puff of his cigar, a sip of his cognac. "In principle, I tend to agree with her," he said. "As I said before, however, I'm a realist. If you were a firefighter, a cop, a teacher, even a doctor or a lawyer, I would simply tell you to get over yourself. But you're not any of those things and this is not a middle-class or even an upper-middle class marriage. It's a Hollywood wedding between two celebrities and such things have a pretty shitty success rate, don't they?"

"Indeed they do," Greg said. "I finally managed to get across to her that I wasn't disrespecting her by wanting the prenup, that I was simply making a logical, common sense decision to protect my assets. She finally saw things my way and agreed to sign the document."

"Did she negotiate the terms of it with you?" Jake asked, curious about the details of the agreement.

"Interestingly, no," Greg said. "The agreement I offered is quite standard and fair. All property and income that I possessed prior to the marriage remains mine and under my control. In the event of divorce, it remains mine. All of my income will be maintained separately during the marriage, although she will have access to it while we are married — with certain restrictions, of course. If we do divorce, she'll get none of my property and I'll get none of hers. She will be given two years worth of alimony based on a standard formula that is calculated on my income after the marriage and the lifestyle we live during the marriage. The disposition of any children and child support payments would be negotiated as part of the divorce settlement. All of that is pretty fair, isn't it?"

"It sounds reasonable to me," Jake admitted.

"She hardly even looked at the agreement," Greg said. "She simply picked it up and signed it. She gave me the silent treatment for two days after that and then she just reverted back to her old self and started making the wedding plans."

"I'm glad it all worked out," Jake said.

"As am I," Greg said. "Celia's a great catch. I would've hated to let her go over an issue as trivial as the protection of my assets."


After landing at Brannigan Airport in Ventura County on Sunday morning at 11:07 AM, Jake took Helen to her house in Ventura and then drove his car directly to Pauline's House in Los Angeles. Pauline was dressed casually when she answered the door, wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a button-up blouse. Her hair was combed but not styled. There was no make-up on her face and she wore no jewelry except a small pair of diamond earrings.

They went to Pauline's office overlooking the lake. Pauline pulled a couple of beers out of the refrigerator and gave one to Jake.

"So," Jake said. "What the hell did he do? Do you know the whole story yet?"

She nodded. "Yeah," she said. "He fucked up pretty big this time."

"Let's hear it," Jake said with a resigned sigh.

"Okay," Pauline said. "This is the sequence of events as Matt himself has explained them to me. It seems that he and Kim were in Matt's Maserati, coming back from the LA Coliseum."

"What were they doing there?" Jake asked.

"Watching a football game," she replied. "USC was playing Fresno State."

"Since when does Matt give a shit about football?" Jake asked.

"Since he started dating Kim Kowalski," Pauline said. "She's an alumna of Fresno State."

"Kim graduated from Fresno State?" Jake asked, amazed.

"Ain't that some shit?" Pauline said. "She was in the class of '83. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Performing Arts."

"Wow," Jake said. "So she actually did some of her earlier movies..."

"While she was still in school," Pauline confirmed. "The things you learn when one of your clients gets arrested. Anyway, they'd apparently consumed more then their share of twenty-four ounce beers and were quite intoxicated when they left the game."

"Nothing unusual about that," Jake said.

"Yeah," Pauline agreed with disapproval. All five of her clients, despite her repeated warnings, were in the habit of driving while intoxicated — sometimes grossly intoxicated. "So they made it safely all the way to the junction of Highway 73 and Interstate 5 just outside San Juan Capistrano. There, as Matt was merging onto I-5, at a speed of around ninety miles an hour, he shot past an Orange County Sheriff's deputy on routine patrol in a marked car. The deputy attempted to pull Matt over for excessive speed and Matt decided to make a run for it."

"Jesus Christ," Jake said. "What the hell did he do that for?"

"It was a classic Matt decision based on his basic personality and fueled by a .16 blood alcohol level. He said he wanted to see if he could get away."

Jake shook his head and gave a little eye roll. Yes, that was a classic Matt move all right.

"Matt got off the freeway at the next off-ramp and put on the speed," Pauline continued. "He began tearing through the streets of Laguna Niguel, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, and eventually, Mission Viejo. Soon he accumulated a following of no less than thirty patrol cars from Orange County Sheriff's department and the California Highway Patrol trying to take him down. He ran multiple stop signs and red lights. He tore through several residential neighborhoods at speeds over one hundred miles per hour. And, somewhere in Lake Forest, he lost them — or they lost him, depending on how you want to look at it."

"He lost them?" Jake said.

"Well, only in a matter of speaking," Pauline said. "He got away from the pursuit, but, at some point, they were able to get his license number. A gaggle of Orange County deputies showed up at his house within fifteen minutes. He wasn't there, of course, but they pounded on the door until Charles, his elderly butler, opened it for them. They demanded to know if Matt was in the house and when Charles said he wasn't, they asked if they could come in to look around and make sure.

"Charles let them in so they could confirm Matt was not in residence. Once inside, one of the deputies lifted up the cover on a little silver bowl on his coffee table..."

"Oh shit," Jake said. He knew what was in that little silver bowl.

"Exactly," Pauline said. "Inside was two grams of uncut cocaine. They looked inside another little silver bowl on the other side of the room and found a half an ounce of high-grade marijuana. This was enough to get the narcotics detectives involved in the case and to get them working on a search warrant for Matt's entire house."

"Jesus," Jake said. "How much shit did they find?" He knew that the supply in Matt's little silver bowls was just for convenience — his "courtesy bowls" he called them. The real stash was inside of his bedroom safe.

"I'll get to that," Pauline said. "For now, let's return to the present. While the police are waiting for their warrant so they can begin tearing his house apart in earnest, Matt returns home. He sees all the patrol cars parked in front of his house but he pulls into the driveway anyway, intending to give himself up and take the consequences for his drunken driving and running from the cops. It sounds like he thought they'd just shake his hand, congratulate him for beating them during the chase, and then take him down to the station where he would be booked and then released."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.