Silent Endings - New Beginnings - Cover

Silent Endings - New Beginnings

Copyright© 2004 by Lazlong

Chapter 5

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5 - When Ed saw civilization die around him he wondered if he should just give up and die with it. Could he find others alive? Could they survive? Was this the end or a new beginning?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic  

Day 44 - July 4

Independence Day. Today, for the first time in over 200 years, there would be no celebration. Yet, in some ways, those of us who were left were more independent than we had ever been. No more taxes. No laws except those we made for ourselves. No Parent Teacher Conferences. No Social Security. No military service.

We were totally free. Free to live or die by our own efforts. We'll never know how many people survived IT, but were later killed by dogs; or died from food poisoning; or fell and broke a leg; or drank contaminated water; or took their own life; or had someone take their life.

Fred and I got out early and did a little exploring on the 4-wheelers. We went back through the fields, carefully closing all of the gates behind us. We finally found the cattle, grazing in a pasture that looked like it would support them for another month or two. There were probably four or five hundred Black Angus beef cattle, and maybe a dozen Holsteins. Three of the Holsteins had calves with them, which meant they were producing milk. We agreed that one of our first priorities was to get the Holsteins into a different pasture, and to get the ones with calves close to the house so we could start getting some fresh milk.

We found maybe a thousand sheep in another pasture, and probably a dozen horses in another. When we got back to the house, we told all of the women about our exploring. They were excited about what we had found, but Jenny was the most excited of the lot.

"You say there were about a dozen horses?" she asked.

"Yep," I said. "We were on the 4-wheelers, so we couldn't get too close to them."

"Could someone take me out to where they are? There's a lot of tack in the barn and a couple of roping saddles. If there's even a couple of well trained horses in the bunch, we can use them to separate the milk cows from the beef."

"How do you know so much about horses Jenny?" I asked.

"I grew up on a working ranch. I was riding a horse by the time I was four. I worked with my father and my brothers until I went away to nursing school."

"Well, you have a new job Jenny. You are now ranch boss."

"I'll accept that job with pleasure Ed." Her smile would have lighted the house.

"Get Fred to take you out and show you the horses. I'm going to have to take off before long to meet with the other group."

"Will do. We may even have some horses in the corral when you come back. If there's time, do you want me to bring in the cows that are milking?"

"Absolutely. If not today, then tomorrow for sure. Kammie and Cindi, if they join us, need milk. All of you women do for that matter."

"Will do boss," Jenny laughed.

"Tina, Syl, and Kammie, I'd like for you guys to stay here today and look for chicken poop."

"What?" Tina sputtered. "What do you mean, look for chicken poop?"

"When chickens roost at night, they get up off the ground. They like to go to the same place every night, so the ground under where they roost is always covered with chicken poop. If we find where they roost, we can go out at night and just pick them off their perches."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," Tina said, still looking skeptical.

"Sandy, can you shoot a gun?"

"I did a bit of shooting when I was growing up. Not for the last few years though."

"Didn't Bob teach you how to shoot?"

"Bob doesn't believe that women should carry guns."

"Well I'm different. I believe that women are one hundred percent equal to men in both rights and responsibilities. Tina, would you take Sandy out back and teach her how to load and fire one of the shotguns? I'd like for her to go with me to meet the other group."

By the time we were ready to leave, Tina had taught Sandy at least the basics she'd need to help me keep watch for dogs and other predators.


We took the Blazer this time. I didn't see a need for taking the RV, as I didn't have anything I wanted to look up in the library. We were waiting at the library when 2:00 PM came and went. We sat around for another hour, but no one showed up.

"I wonder what the hell's going on," I said. "Bob said he'd be back today whichever way they decided to go."

"I don't know Ed. Jane seemed excited about joining us."

"Do you think we should drive over there?"

"I don't know. This bothers me. Why don't we wait and drive over in the morning. Maybe take a couple of more people with us."

"Okay. Do you think Bob may be up to something?"

"It's possible. Let's try out a couple of what ifs. What if Bob figured he would have more women if they didn't join us? What if he forced Jane to not tell anyone about us? No one else knew we met you guys. He could tell everyone I had just taken off by myself."

"What would he gain by that?"

"I'm sure he figures that eventually one or both of the other women will break down and marry him. Let's throw in another what if. What if he did away with Jim? Then he'd have five women and a little girl at his disposal."

"Sandy, you're painting an awfully bad picture of Bob."

"I know Ed, and every thing I've said is just conjecture. I have no idea if any of it is true or not."

"Okay, I will agree that caution is required. Let's go back home and we'll have at least four of us go visit them in the morning."

When we got home we talked it over with the others. Syl and Tina were stunned. They'd seen how enthusiastic Bob and Jane had seemed, especially Jane. "It did seem a little strange right at the end there though," Syl said. "I was watching Jane while Bob argued with Sandy about her coming back with them. She had a very funny look on her face. Maybe disgusted. Maybe a little angry. Maybe a little afraid." Syl said.

"Well, we'll find out in the morning," I said. "I'd like to be on the road by 7:00 AM. Who's going with me?"

They all answered at once, so I waited until they had calmed a little before I stepped in. "Fred and Jenny, I know both of you would like to go, but I'd really feel safer if you two were guarding the place. If Bob is up to something, he may decide to raid us or try to take us over or whatever. If you guys could watch Kammie and the house and power plant, I'd really appreciate it."

"I guess that makes sense Ed," Fred said. "Is there anything else you need?"

"If you had another handgun, I'd appreciate borrowing it. We only have two. Sandy isn't qualified with one yet, but I could use one."

Fred got us a 9mm from his bedroom with a couple of extra clips, and then Jenny said she had something to show us.

There were fourteen horses in the corral next to the barn. Some of them were real beauties. Jenny pointed one out and said, "That is a well trained horse. He worked for me like I'd been riding him all my life. If you'll come around to the other side of the barn, I'll show you what else I did today."

I counted sixteen Holsteins in one pen and the three with calves in another. All were contentedly munching on hay that had been put into feed boxes for them.

"This is fantastic Jenny," I said. "Does this mean we'll get some fresh milk?"

"Sure does. Fred and I just finished milking before you guys pulled in. We'll do it again in the morning, then I'd like to start teaching the rest of you how to do it."

"How long before the milk you got tonight is ready to drink?"

"It should be nice and cold in another hour. There's going to be more than we can drink from now on."

"You did a wonderful job today Jenny. I don't know how I can thank you enough."

"We did a wonderful job too Daddy," Kammie said. "I can show you where the chickens roost."

I grabbed her up and hugged her. "Show me then, Sweety. If any of them are laying, we'll have eggs for dinner tomorrow."

I sat her down and she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to some trees. "See all the chicken poop?" she giggled.

"I sure do honey. When it gets dark tonight, we'll go over and catch all of them that are there. We'll put them in the chicken pen and if they're laying, we'll gather the eggs tomorrow night."

We caught fourteen hens and a rooster that night. They didn't even seem to mind being penned up again, but went right to the roosts in the chicken coop like they'd never been away.


Day 45 - July 5

We were up before dawn the next morning. No one even seemed drowsy. Tina suggested we take a couple of gallons of milk with us for the other group and I thought it was a great idea. I know when I had my first glass last night it had tasted better than the finest wine I had ever had.

"I want everyone wearing clothes," I told them. "When we get out of the Blazer, try not to be obvious about having a gun, but keep it where you can reach it."

Tina and Sandy grumbled a little, but did put on some clothing. Syl and I had already dressed. We were pulling out of the driveway at a quarter to seven. I was proud of them and told them so.

Sandy gave me directions as we went. It seemed like she was very familiar with the area, so I asked, "Are you from around here Sandy?"

"Born and raised in the Lexington area," she said. "I always wanted to do some traveling, but never could seem to afford it."

"Were you married when IT happened?"

"Divorced actually. Callahan was my maiden name and I took it back when the divorce was final. I got married when I was eighteen. We stayed together for two years and I've been on my own again for three years. If you're not very good at math, that means I'm 23 years old."

I laughed. "I'm at least that good Sandy. I was in the process of getting a divorce. I think it made it a little easier to take, not having to watch a loved one die."

"You're probably right Ed, but it was bad enough. I watched as each of my friends came down with it and then they were gone. It was very traumatic for all of us."

We drove in silence for a few minutes then Sandy said, "It's less than five miles now. Jim and most of the women will be up, but Bob won't be."

"Maybe that's good," I said. "We'll see what Jim has to say before Bob can influence him."

We pulled up in the yard and within seconds a huge man came out of the house, cradling a shotgun. Two women were right behind him, but neither was armed.

Sandy got out of the Blazer and said, "Hi Jim. Hi Sue and Ellen. Where were you yesterday?"

"Morning Sandy. What do you mean about where were we?" Jim asked.

"Bob said someone would come back to the library yesterday at two o'clock whether you guys decided to join Ed's group or not. We waited for an hour and a half, but no one showed up."

"That's the first I've heard of it," Jim said.

"Is it okay if my friends here get out of their car Jim. They have some fresh milk for you."

"Hell, I'd kill for fresh milk," Jim said. "Sure, get out folks."

We all slowly got out of the car, and Tina handed the milk jugs to Sandy. Sandy took them over to the woman she'd called Ellen, who smiled her thanks and took it inside. She came back out in a couple of minutes with a large glass for each of them.

"I'm Ed James," I said. "Didn't Bob tell you about our meeting up with him day before yesterday?"

"Nope. I'm afraid not Ed."

I explained to him what we were trying to do and what we had to offer. I could see his two wives getting excited as I talked. Then Sandy broke in. "Jim, their electricity is on all the time. They have their refrigerators and freezers fully stocked. Plus they have cattle and sheep and chickens."

I told him about leaving signs all over the country and he said, "That's a good idea. I talked to Bob about doing that, but he was against it. I guess we should wake his ass up and find out why he didn't tell us about this. I want to say right now, Ed, my wives and I will be joining you. I would imagine the other women here will want to join you as well." With that, he handed his shotgun to Sue and held out his hand. We clasped hands, and I really felt good about having this big man with us.

Sandy went inside the house and was soon back with the three single women and the little girl. We went through telling them about our group and what we had to offer. All of them indicated they wanted to join our group. Sandy started to go back in and wake Bob and Jane, but Jim stopped her.

"Sandy, I don't know what Bob is trying to pull here, but I think I should be the one to go in and wake him. I'll be right back out."

Jim was true to his word. He was back inside three minutes. He was smiling as he said, "I just woke him up and told him there were some people out here to see him. He looked like he'd swallowed a frog."

Bob hesitated just inside the door before coming out. When he stepped outside, Jane was right behind him. "Well, Sandy, I see you've come back to us," He said in a gruff voice.

"No Bob, we just came to see what happened to you guys yesterday. Why didn't you tell Jim and the others about the new group?"

"Jane and I talked it over on the way back here, and we decided the new group wasn't for us. You shouldn't be with them either."

Jane looked me in the eye and shook her head while Bob was talking. When he finished, I said, "Is that right Jane? Did you decide you didn't want to be with the new group?"

Before she could answer, Bob butted in. "Are you calling me a liar, James? I said we decided."

"No, I di..." Jane was saying when Bob yelled, "Shut up Jane. You ain't got nothing to say here."

"No, you shut up Bob," Jim said in a deadly quiet tone as he leveled his shotgun at Bob's chest. "You go on Jane. Tell us what you were going to say."

"I was just going to say I didn't have any say in it. Bob told me he decided he didn't want to join Ed's group and that if I knew what was good for me I'd not tell anyone else about it." Jane stepped out from behind Bob and walked over to where the single women were standing. "I'd really like to join your group folks."

"You can't do that Jane! You're my wife!"

"If cleaning up after you and doing your laundry and fixing your meals and fucking you any time you want means I'm your wife, then I guess I am. So, I'll divorce you just the same way I married you. Robert Roberts, I hereby divorce you."

One of the single women giggled and Bob looked like he was going to explode. "You're going to pay for this, James," he threatened.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Bob. I offered you all a chance to come in with us, and you decided to not even give the others a chance to decide for themselves. I think you're the one who blew it."

All this time, Jim was still holding his shotgun pointed at Bob. "What are we going to do with him while we get ready to go?" he asked.

"I have some handcuffs in the Blazer. We can handcuff him to that rail over there the let him loose when we leave," I said. "I really don't want him grabbing a gun and shooting me."

"Makes sense," Jim said, then forced Bob to go over to the railing we were talking about.

I got the cuffs and snapped them on his left arm and the rail. Jim could finally relax.

"Bob, we've got three RVs here. We're going to take two of them. We won't touch your guns or anything personal you have," Jim told him.

"Jim, you don't need to worry about taking any food either. We have enough for everyone for a few days, until we can make a scrounging trip," I told them.

It took them less than an hour to get everything they wanted loaded into the RVs. I pulled Jim aside and told him to go back to I-64 and head west. "Stop right after you get on the Interstate. We'll let Bob loose and catch up with you."

The RVs pulled out, and we waited until they were well on their way, then Syl pulled around so the passenger side window was facing Bob. Tina got in the passenger seat, opened her window, and lined her Glock up on Bob.

"Bob, I really hate to treat you like this, but I have to warn you that Tina is an excellent shot. She killed a man a week ago from 150 yards. If you so much as move a muscle when I let you go, she'll drop you like a rock."

Bob didn't answer, but I could see the fear in his eyes as he looked at the muzzle of the Glock. I unlocked the cuffs and got into the back seat of the Blazer. Syl had us out of the driveway before I could even get the door closed.


When we got home we introduced ourselves to the new people. Tina showed them around the house, and we worked out bedroom assignments. Cindi was to share a room with Kammie. Jim and his two wives were to have one of the upstairs bedrooms.

"That leaves two bedrooms and five women to share them," I said. "I don't know how you're going to work it out, but one person could probably sleep on the couch in the living room."

"That won't be a problem, Ed," Syl said. "Sandy will be sharing our bedroom."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.