Jacob and Tiffany II, NIS.  The Density Force Begins - Cover

Jacob and Tiffany II, NIS. The Density Force Begins

Copyright© 2004 by Prof Jack

Episode 18

Erotica Sex Story: Episode 18 - Though it takes part in a NIS universe, the story will have many parts that will exist outside of that universe. This is the sequel to Jacob and Tiffany, NIS. Many questions raised and plot lines left open will be dealt with here.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   First  

Chapter 50

Valerie Dash

Noon

If that West Point recruiter had any idea in hell what I'd been left alone with, he'd join the Peace Core. It would be that dramatic a shock to his world view.

I picked up the West Point recruiting materials again. With this barn's security systems running, I might be the safest person in the area.

Of course the phone rang then.

I hit the speaker phone button. "Speak to me."

"Is this the Stone farm?"

"Who wants to know?"

"Staff Sergeant Rogers. I'm trying to find Valerie Dash."

"You found her. Why are you looking?"

"I'm the new recruitment director for this section. Your recruiter told me about the report from the National Guard concerning you."

"Indeed. Did they tell you that after a mishap on the shooting range I was sent home on leave while they decided what punishment to serve on me? I'm effectively out of the National Guard."

"That explains the lack of Sir in your responses. Yes, they told me. We need to speak."

"I'll come by the recruiter after I'm relieved this afternoon."

"We need to talk to you sooner than that. Your mother told us about your job. I'm about five minutes out."

"Nobody said anything about visitors."

"Why are you worried?"

"Trust me. If you had any clue at all..."

"Oh, that mad scientist Stone kid's work. I'm not interested in that. Just you."

"Ok. Park by the barn. I'll be waiting."

I watched the car drive up a few minutes later. At the right moment I dropped and then put the shields up.

The Staff Sergeant parked the car and started walking towards the house.

"I wouldn't go any further if I were you."

Rogers turned. "Why not? It has to be more comfortable than the drafty barn."

"Watch." I picked up a small stone and threw it right past the recruiter.

He looked at me oddly.

The stone suddenly flashed and burst into powder. There was a bit of an explosion.

Now he looked where the stone blew up. Then he looked strangely at me. "How... how did you do that?"

"Shields. And don't ask. I have no idea how."

"It might have a bearing on our talks."

"I hope not. It's not my work."

I led him into the control area.

"Warm enough?"

"Yes, but how? This barn has more holes it than I can shoot at."

"That I can explain. Jacob rigged up some heaters inside the barn."

"I'm glad of that. I have a question that I think you should be able to handle. Because it's about you."

"Go on."

"How do you feel about the military?"

"Tough question."

"Answer it however you wish."

"Well, I never thought about the whole military. I was never important enough to have to think about it all. But I have my thoughts about the Army."

"Ok. Tell me them."

I paused and sipped my coffee. "No. Never mind."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't think I can say it right. Working here has taught me a lot about the dangers of small mistakes and misunderstandings."

"I'll take the risk, Valerie."

"Oh, the hell with it. I'm about to be kicked out anyway. There's nothing more they can do to me. My JAG representative was certain of that. The army I liked a lot. The chance to serve my country while learning skills that would serve me in real life. Civilian life. Except that I never wanted to become a civilian again. I intended to be in the Army for life. The Army helped me out when I had no sure path in life. Back then I had a few skills and no clear idea what I wanted with my life. The Army gave me both. I love the Army."

"That's good to hear."

I let a note of bitterness show in my voice. "At least I used to. Now, because of the clumsiness of others I'm going to be drummed out of the service. Because the mistake was made by higher ranked officers, I'm to be the scapegoat. How can I respect an organization that tries to teach responsibility and then goes and does THIS!!" By now anger and contempt was dripping from my voice.

Of course the phone had to ring at that moment.

I stabbed the speaker phone button. "Talk." I snapped.

"This is the sheriff's department. A group of people attacked the jail and offices. They killed everybody and burnt it to the ground."

"Were these people all dressed in suits and driving black vans with tinted windows?"

"That's what the security camera across the street showed."

"The Association."

"What's that?"

"The name the guy gave me before they shot him. Apparently they'll do anything they have to to protect their secrecy."

"Well, I suggest you be very careful. They'll be after you next."

"I will. Luckily my brother is friends with the builder of the stuff that they want. I've my options."

I ended the call and looked at the recruiter.

He looked worried. "Options?"

"Yes." I didn't say anything else about it.

"Ok. We'll get back to that. Tell me what happened on the shooting range that day."

"That's easy. A General was practicing. A reporter was doing an interview. Said General made a mistake with his firearm safety and it went off. The bullet went off and shot the watch right off the reporter's wrist. The shock caused him to faint. When they brought him around they convinced him of two things. It was my fault. And I would be dismissed from the service. That, plus promises of exclusives about base events for the next year bought the reporter's silence."

"And you're upset."

"You fucking bet you."

"You're career is over."

"Of course it is! What else could you think about that?"

"I think you're wrong about that."

"Explain yourself."

"Simple. There are those watching things that are going on. The Association poked has it's head up a few times, always covering their path as brutally as they had to. There are several people in the Pentagon concerned about them."

"So, exactly where are you going with this?"

"Simple. We'd like you to let yourself be drummed out of the service."

Did he just say what I thought he just said? Has he heard even half the words I've said???

"Let myself??? Like I've any choice at the moment!"

"I mean, we want you to go quietly. The Secretary of Defense has issued an order admitting you to West Point for distance courses to get an officer's rank."

"West Point? The United States Military Academy, THAT West Point?"

"Yes, I'm talking about the West Point Academy. As you are well aware of, it is the higher education institution for the training of commissioned officers for the U.S. Army. From what I and those we represent have in mind, the fact it was originally founded as a school for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is a form of poetic justice. Cadets must be at least 17 years of age but not yet 22, and unmarried, at the time somebody appoints them. They must have a high-school education or its equivalent and must take scholastic-aptitude tests and a medical examination before admission."

"We have a problem right there. I'm twenty five."

"Not really. I'll explain why not in a bit."

"Ok. Go on, please." This was starting to get interesting.

"Thank you. The academic year lasts from August to May, inclusive. The third class, what other colleges call sophomores, receives extensive field training at the training areas on the Academy Reservation. The second and first classes, again referred to by other schools as juniors and seniors, obtain supplementary instruction at other Army training centers. The second class also takes part in joint amphibious maneuvers with the midshipmen from the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md. First classmen serve as instructors for the new fourth class or freshmen, which enters the academy in July; they also assist in training the third class."

"Ok. How does this involve me?"

"Simple. We have talked it over with those in the know and they have submitted every test and examination you ever took, plus all your records. It is agreed that you qualify as a second classman. Or woman to be more accurate. Our offer is simple. We will welcome you into West Point as a second classwoman, needing only the classwork to graduate. You will be allowed to take those courses by distance learning. At the completion of the courses, you'll be inducted as a second class Lieutenant."

"Sounds good. Too good. What are you expecting for all this?"

"You will join the Density Force. I know for a fact that you are the only person connected with the program with any military experience."

"What about Jacob's parents?"

"Jacob is not letting them have too big a say. They are too obviously in the military for his tastes."

"Ok. Then what about Jacob himself? What makes you think he'll let me join? I'll be in the Army according to this deal, remember?"

"But nobody will tell him."

"He'll get wise to it eventually. Fred says he has a very annoying habit of learning things. Even if those things were not the things he was looking to learn."

"There is another thing working in your favor. Jacob Stone is too damn honorable for his good. Or ours. He'll let you join because you have no place to go since you made some pretty big enemies protecting his stuff. Since they were trying to steal his stuff, he'll have even more reason to worry about them. You'll be in."


Chapter 51

Jacob

Personal log (voice), J. J. Stone, Captain of the Hades, 12:40pm, October 31st, 2006

(3:40 am the next day, Local time)

At the advice of my brother, the family has decided to stay up till I felt like crashing. He said that would help Ashley and I get acclimated to the local time.

Ashley and I both agreed that this was a smart idea. I knew I was going to be here awhile. I offered to have one of the other ships pick Ashley up and take her home. She refused. She said that I'm still recovering from all the disasters and bad news and what kind of friend would she be if she up and left me.

Her mother had backed her up to my surprise.

So here it is nearly 4 am locally and I'm thinking it's practically dinner time.

Luckily the mess tents here operate on a twenty four hour schedule.

I went to check on the Hades as I usually did every day before dinner. I ignored the curious crowds as I came in. Well, I ignored them except for reminding myself to be doubly sure about the ship's security.

"Wotan."

"Yes."

"Security breaches attempted?"

"Zero."

"Zero?" That's surprising. I did a quick check of the instrument readings. Ok. "Messages?"

"None."

"Excellent. Then all is running smoothly... here at least." I turned to leave.

The system chimed. "Incoming transmission."

I sat in the command seat. "Source of the call?"

"Home base."

"On screen."

I saw Fred there. Both he and Valerie were looking concerned.

"Fred, they let you out of school early? Come to think of it, what's wrong? The pair of you look like trouble is knocking outside."

Fred chuckled. "No such luck on the school issue. I've got to be back by the end of lunch period. I'm here because we have a problem. Remember me asking you to give my sister here a job watching the barn and your stuff while you were out?"

"Yes. You said she was in trouble and needed a stable job."

"Her trouble got worse." Fred said succinctly.

"Explain."

Fred turned to Valerie. "Go ahead."

"Some group attacked here to seize the blue prints. One got inside while I was on a break. He tried to shoot me and I wounded him. At gun point he started to talk about some group called the Association. At that point somebody outside shot and killed him. I realized at that point that I should've raised the shields. I did so and called the police. The police came. Those who could not escape blew themselves up to avoid capture. I turned the body of the dead man over to the police. They turned it over to the sheriff's department. Later this group came back and wiped out the sheriff's department and burned the building to the ground to make sure nothing could be learned from the body."

I leaned back and shook my head sadly. "I see your sister has the same ability to get in and out of trouble that you do. In trouble she got because of things concerning the Density Force. I'm betting her solution is the same as yours. Prove yourself useful, and join the Force."

"Right." she said.

I looked back and forth between them. I was sad, but I knew what I had to do. My desire to stay separate from all military personnel and influences was probably impossible. And they had a point. I was responsible for the mess she was in. "It seems I must accept that high ideals and brilliance alone will not win the day. Violence and other troubles are following me like a bunch of groupies. Fred, when you told me of her job history, I had great doubts. The military has not recently endeared itself to me. But I recognized that the training provides some skills I do not have. Plus the ability to command violent retaliation seems to be easier for them. Maybe the time has come. Being ex-military, or doomed to be so, you may be the best choice I have right now. Fred, she's inducted into the Density Force and give her command of the Mary Celeste. After school, I want you and the team to finish as quickly as possible the new ship we started. I'm afraid we'll have need for it. Stone out."

I closed the channel and decided to watch Ashley practice some before going for dinner.

When I reached the gym, I saw several people working out on one side. The tumbling mat area was towards the rear. I started in.

"Can I help you?"

I turned and saw an attendant in what looked like an NCO's uniform. He had a Drill Sergeant's hat on.

"I doubt it." I said with the icy formality I reserved for people who my ethics required I not reveal my true feelings about.

Heaven save me. A Drill Sergeant. The person most directly responsible for taking independent people and turning them into military automatons. Training I cannot deny is a good thing. I just object because everything I've heard tells me they take it to the point where thinking is almost optional. This perception is one reason I've always been hesitant about the military mindset. Most of the military recruits are only in for a few years. Unfortunately it takes longer to get to a position where they are able to act with any independence.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.