Tales from an Unknown Corner - Cover

Tales from an Unknown Corner

Copyright© 2003 by Dai_wakizashi

Chapter 34: Demons

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 34: Demons - Some men, men like you and I, take the same road home every night. Some men take the road less traveled. Some men take a wrong turn, and spend years lost in the cold, dark woods. Some men, if they're lucky, someday find their way home. A very lucky few may even meet angels on the way. This story starts very slowly in those woods. It's intimate and contemplative, with plot, characters and sex that will appeal to introspective readers and reward their patience. Be Patient! hint: ch-6, an angel?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Sex Toys   Slow  

The narrow footpath was irregular, and covered by overgrowth, suggesting it had not been used for a very long time. The pale light of a half moon didn't provide much illumination, and the slowly drifting clouds kept covering up the moon for extended periods. The woods around me were filled with the sounds of night creatures, alive with activity, and I kept listening for any changes in my immediate vicinity. I continued towards my destination at a steady but slow pace, taking care not to disturb anything. I was a silent ghost in the darkness, a predator among the nocturnal creatures; the nearby birds and bugs kept singing their tunes, taking no notice of my passage.

When I neared my destination I left the pathway, moving into the woods, and continued on my slow trek, the gentle slope taking on a steeper angle. At the edge of the woods, I hid in the shrubbery, and looked for signs of life. There was a small clearing between the woods and my target, devoid of any cover I could use for my approach.

When the moon cleared the clouds for a short while, I took in the structure. It was a bland, two story high stone building, without any distinguishing features. The wooden door looked to be sturdy, but it was half open; beyond it nothing but darkness. The windows were very small, with thick wooden shutters. It looked abandoned or empty, but every time I looked at it, I felt the hair rise on the back of my neck. There was something in there. I just didn't know what it was.

Doing a short reconnaissance using the cover of the shrubbery, I could find no entry points except the door. I could, of course, try the windows, but they could prove to be lethal traps. Checking the clouds, I decided to wait until the half moon was covered; the darkness would be my only cover when I made my move. Using the night vision binoculars, I tried to get a view into the building, to see what lay beyond the half open door. I couldn't see much, except that there were no obstructions such as furniture that would cause any problems when I rushed in through the door. Then, I took in the landscape carefully, memorizing the lay of the ground. Satisfied with the mental map, I sat down and closed my eyes, to regain my night vision and prepare myself for whatever I would be facing in there, waiting for the clouds to cover the moon.

A while later, I opened my eyes. It was dark, but not as dark as I would have liked it to be. Hiding my bag with the binoculars and other paraphernalia in the bush, I stood up and put my katana on my back, tightening the straps of the scabbard. Quietly, I moved along the edge of the woods, until I was facing the half open door at an angle. The frame was blocking my view of the edge of the door. If somebody was watching from inside, behind the door, he would have to lean to see my approach. On the other hand, I couldn't see into the building. All things considered, I was at a distinct disadvantage, as I didn't know as much as I would like to about the lay of the battlefield, what was waiting for me, what traps lay in store.

I approached the open door, at a crouch, moving as silently as possible. At a distance of thirty yards to the door, I stopped and listened, while checking the cloud cover. My timing had been correct; a thicker layer of clouds was moving across the moon, covering it completely, and suppressing what little light there had been. The next phase was the dangerous part.

Rising to my feet, I ran at a fast but quiet pace, angling towards the gap between the door and the frame in the last few steps of my approach. Just before clearing the door, I leapt in a dive, tucking my knees to my chest, and shot past the opening like a ball. When I hit the floor, I kept rolling. Quickly arresting my movement in a crouch, I changed direction and moved laterally, so that I wouldn't be an easy target. The whole sequence had not taken more than a few seconds, but they had felt like an eternity. I expected the burning pain of the cut from a blade or an arrow embedding itself on my flesh at any moment. I kept moving very slowly, while listening, and scanning my immediate vicinity for any threats. Once I ascertained there was no immediate danger, I stopped and took stock of my situation.

A quick exploration told me I was in a large room with little furniture; one table with a broken leg, and two chairs just behind the door. At the back of the room there were stairs going upstairs, but there was no light or sound coming from that direction. As I moved along the wall, towards the far left of the room, still exploring, I picked up the smell of burned oil and wax. Feeling along the walls opposite to the door I kept moving until I came across a recess, which turned out to be stone steps going down to some sort of basement.

Cautiously I made my way down, the stairs curving gently to the left. By the time I was half way down, the smell was getting more distinct, and there seemed to be a bit of light further ahead. When I reached the end of the stairs, I found myself staring at a narrow corridor. At the end it, there was a sharp bend to the left, where I could discern a flicker of very faint light. As I moved along I had the first warning signs of danger; ants crawling along my spine. Slowly I pulled my katana from its scabbard; the sound of the blade clearing its sheath loud in the dead quiet of the narrow passageway.

It took me a long time to reach the end of the passageway, as I proceeded at a crawling pace, checking the walls, and the floor for possible traps. When I reached the end of it, the smell of burned wax and oil was almost cloying. Taking a quick peek, I saw that the passageway extended a few paces before it took another sharp bend to the left, and the flickering light seemed to be coming from further away, possibly from candles or oil lanterns-if the smell was any indication.

Before moving further, I mentally checked the path I had taken, trying to figure out where I was. I had completed around 200 degrees of turn, relative to the stairs. Getting my bearings, I continued along, until I arrived at the sharp bend, and took a quick peek. The corridor extended several paces and curved right after that, and the light was stronger.

As I made my way, I had an image of myself as a mouse in a maze, but quickly chased the thought away and concentrated on my task. The sense of danger grew as I got closer to the bend. When I reached the bend, a quick glance revealed the passageway to be a short span of approximately ten paces, leading to a large and well-illuminated room, its wooden door completely open. Seeing no sign of life, I kept watching and listening, but I couldn't see any threats.

With my eyes on the open door, I made my way at a crouch, feeling around for any traps, all my senses screaming danger. Quickly clamping on them, I continued. When I was almost half way, I heard a faint noise. Closing my eyes, I listened, trying to discern its nature. It sounded like a moan or whimper, definitely human.

Standing up, I put my back against the wall, leading with my left hand and foot, feeling the wall and the floor. The katana was in my right hand, held straight, tucked along the back of my arm, the tip pointing upwards, and the hilt pointing down, as if it was a long knife. I continued at a crawling pace, getting a better view of the room with each step.

I had already determined the source of the sound, before I reached the door. It was coming from somewhere on the left side of the room, behind the door, and sounded female. Unfortunately the door was blocking my view. I had a better angle into the right side of the room, and kept moving cautiously. The room had a high ceiling, and from what I could see, there was a raised platform on the right side that ran the whole width of the room, with wooden boxes stacked on top of each other, and a small door. Below the platform there was a small table and a chair, but I couldn't see more into the right side without stepping into the room.

As I moved to the opposite wall, and checked the left side, I could only see a small portion of the room. There were shackles and chains on the wall, and based on the sound, I realized somebody was being kept prisoner, shackled to the wall, my view blocked by the heavy wooden door. The air inside was musty, and smelled heavily of burned oil and wax.

Despite the acute sense of danger, I stepped inside, quickly moving in a circle, and scanned for any threats, ready to face whatever danger that was awaiting me, until... Until my eyes caught sight of the prisoner... correction, prisoners!

Chained along the left wall in a row were Dana, Sarah, and Reina. Before I could even comprehend what I was seeing, I was on a dive to my right, rolling on the floor, and something whizzed passed my head, hitting the wall with a clung. Bouncing off the wall, it clattered on the stone floor with a metallic sound. Finishing my roll quickly, I sprang to my feet, and turned to face my adversary; my katana held in 'middle attitude.'

It was a carefully arranged trap. Wandering in the darkness ready for combat, the feeling of danger compounded by the adrenalin pumping furiously in my veins, only to find my loved ones shackled to the wall as prisoners. Whoever he was, he knew how I would react to seeing them like that, the momentary shock giving him the opportunity to launch his unexpected attack. And, he would have succeeded, if my instincts had not kicked in in time.

He was dressed in the traditional hakama, standing in the upper platform next to the wooden boxes-his hiding place-wearing a helmet and facemask. His katana was seated in the saya (scabbard) he held in his left hand. His right hand was resting on the tsuka (hilt) of his katana. From the metallic sound, I knew he had used a small blade, something like a shiruken that he probably had hidden within the folds of his obi.

With a casual attitude, he jumped down from the platform, landing on his feet, while I deflected a second projectile with the blade of my katana. He had flicked the shiruken almost imperceptibly; his right arm moving from left to right in a natural manner, to keep his balance during the jump. It was the sharp wrist action as he moved his arm that gave away his attack, but the manner his right hand was resting on the hilt of his sword instead of gripping it had been a subconscious trigger, warning me something was not right.

He was proving himself to be a tricky and a very dangerous foe. As I tried to prepare myself mentally for the confrontation, I couldn't help but wonder about his sword skills. I had a nagging feeling that I might be facing somebody who was more skilled than I was. Before I could chase the thought away, and clear my mind, he flicked another small blade, but this time he didn't even resort to any trickery. Why should he? I wasn't the target, as confirmed by a sharp scream from one of the girls.

I knew the bastard was trying to put me off balance, and he was succeeding. It took all my training to clamp hard on my feelings, but it was very difficult not to worry about the welfare of the girls. I knew I had to ignore such distractions. Against my better judgment, I quickly moved between him and the girls, to prevent any further attacks, even though I knew I was letting him dictate the terms of this engagement.

Remembering the words of my sensei, I controlled my breathing, seeking the Void, as my eyes took him in. Drawing his sword, he got ready, as I slowly started to immerse myself in the nothingness of the Void.

The attack came like lightening, and our blades clashed in a blur, before we disengaged. The next several minutes were spent probing and testing each other, and to my dismay I found I was having difficulty sinking into the Void. Time after time he attacked, and I barely managed to keep him at bay. As we circled each other, I knew he was playing with me like a cat plays with a mouse. With a sinking feeling I realized I hadn't yet seen the full scale of his skills. It was straight out of Musashi's book; 'Holding Down a Pillow', leading me about.

He attacked again, his speed and strength feeling almost inhuman, and I fell back, barely managing to parry. I felt a sharp, burning pain on my left arm, then the trickle of something wet. When my eyes caught sight of his blade, it was streaked with blood. My blood! He came at me again and I staggered back under the ferocity of his attack, getting slashed again, this time on my right thigh. He didn't let up. As he pressed his attacks I felt myself growing tired, hardly able to defend myself, and each time he drew blood.

My fingers felt numb, my grip on the hilt weakening as I tried to parry. I was panting with the effort, feeling light headed from lack of oxygen. Disengaging, he stood back, watching me, as if telling me something.

I took a step back, as the realization of defeat started to settle in. I tried to gather myself, but... this was it... the end! I knew it, and he knew it. He stood stock still, almost mocking me, filling the room with his presence. It was the last blow, 'Penetrating the Depths'; not only crushing the enemy but destroying his spirit. I lowered my sword, and turned half way towards the girls to take one last look at them, uttering a silent "I'm sorry!"

My eyes took them in one by one, shackled against the wall, in chains, and helpless. Reina and Sarah seemed to be unconscious, hanging by their wrists, and Dana was semi-conscious, moaning; her shirt was soaked in blood from the small wound where the small blade protruded from her shoulder. The image filled me with anger, turning into a burning fury. How could I let go so easily, when they were hanging there, helpless, with nobody to protect them?

Dragging the anger up from the depths of my belly, I felt its heat. Then, my training kicked in, and took control of it. I shaped it as if it was putty in my hands, and channeled it to every muscle and nerve ending. As it washed all over me like a cool breeze on a summer evening, calming me down, I readied myself to face my enemy, one more time, perhaps the final time. Hanging my head in defeat, I closed my eyes, and waited for his attack, completely at peace. I didn't have to wait too long. As soon as he saw me close my eyes, he came at me. And in a blur, I cut from right to left. Only to feel my sword being swept aside. Then, I felt a searing heat... and a burning agony that consumed me briefly, leaving me breathless... before it gave way to numbness.

I heard the sound of something heavy clattering to the floor, and when I opened my eyes, I saw a sword on the floor with a severed hand still gripping its hilt. I didn't comprehend what had happened. As my eyes swept up, I noticed the blood spurting from the end of my wrist... Before the comprehension hit me, a strange noise like the buzz of an angry bee filled the air. I looked up trying to locate the source, and for a split second I caught a flash...

I came awake with a lurch, breathless. A scream lodged at the back of my throat never made it out. The darkness of the room, the lack of air completed the terror I felt, as I struggled helplessly to get some air into my lungs. My mouth was dry, and my heart was beating like a rock band drummer gone mad. I felt disoriented, unable to figure where I was. I was panting and gasping for air, thrashing and trembling. All my muscles were knotted, in the grip of a fear the likes of which I had never known... until I realized I was in my room, in my bed. It had all been a nightmare.

Slowly I managed to get my breathing under control. My heartbeat was still fast, the result of fear and the adrenalin, but it didn't feel like it would burst out of my chest. A few minutes later, I was feeling much calmer, but extremely tired from the experience, tremors running through my body. I wanted to sit up, but couldn't muster the energy or the will, and I was shivering, feeling very cold. When I ran my hand over my chest, I realized I was bathed in sweat, the cold air in the room chilling me. I tried to cover myself to warm up, but I couldn't find the sheet or the blanket. Giving it up, I tried to gather my energy, still shivering involuntarily.

Finally, I managed to sit up, and put on the light. The blanket and the sheet were on the floor. I must have been thrashing wildly in the bed, and kicked off the covers. Leaning down, I grabbed them and covered myself to warm up a bit. Closing my eyes, I rested for a while, to gather my strength and warm my cold body. My mind was busy trying to come to terms with the nightmare and the terror I felt. I had a metallic taste in my mouth.

Jeeez! I've never had a nightmare like that! What the hell was that?

What time is it?

I checked my watch; it read 3:52-'witching hour' I said inwardly. Putting my watch on the nightstand, I swung my legs on the side of the bed. I wanted to clean up, and perhaps have a drink of something. Carefully testing my legs, I stood up, and went to the bathroom. I didn't want to wake up Kathy and Mark, so instead of a shower, I wiped the sweat off my body with a warm washcloth, and dried myself. Relieving myself, I went back to my room, and put on a shirt and my jeans. In the living room I looked for something to drink. Locating a bottle of vodka in the bar, I filled up a small glass. In the kitchen, I put on the small light by the stove, and got some ice from the fridge. Back at the living room, I put out the lights, and opening the curtains, sat by the window, watching outside. It was dark enough in the living room; the little light from the kitchen supplying very little indirect illumination, so I could see outside in addition to the faint reflection of myself on the window. After a few gulps of the vodka, I lit a cigarette, my insides feeling warm, and my frayed nerves finally settling down. Early on, I had been anxious about having a nightmare, but I hadn't expected the kind of nightmare I had just had.

Shit! Give me a visit from Rei anytime. I could live with the hurt and the pain, but this... Where the hell did that come from?

It's good that I was sleeping alone. If I had been with Sarah...

I didn't want to think about that. It would have scared the hell out of her. Then my thoughts went to Kathy. I had been lucky. Because Mark was staying here tonight, both our bedroom doors were closed. At other times, our doors stayed either open or slightly ajar. It was something from our childhood, from our parents. Mom didn't like closed doors, and drilled into us we could keep our doors slightly ajar, but never closed, if we wanted privacy. And visitors were supposed to knock and wait for an invitation, not barge in. However, their bedroom door stayed closed when they were engaged-as we later came to learn what engaged meant. The other exception was the bathroom. We could close the door, but were not allowed to lock it. Putting on the light was enough warning that it was occupied, since there was a small frosted glass in the door.

As the thoughts ran through my mind, I was remembering the earlier years, and the short discussion I had had with Mom, asking her about the rules, especially about the bathroom. Of course, at the time Mom knew, to my ultimate horror, why I had asked that particular question. My hormones were raging, and I was spending some leisure time in the bathroom, instead of in my room. I thought that she wouldn't suspect anything, if I kept my bedroom door open all the time. And I could keep the bathroom door closed, which offered more privacy than a slightly ajar bedroom door.

She told me a story of how she had lost a friend when she was young, due to an accident with the gas boiler. Her friend was taking a bath, and when she shut off the hot water after filling the bathtub, the pilot flame in the boiler went out, but the gas hadn't shut off automatically, and slowly filled up the bathroom while she fell asleep. She had the door locked, and her parents didn't realize something was wrong until very late. When they had tried to get in they had to break the door, losing precious time. After the story, she told me I shouldn't worry about somebody walking in on me, when I was busy in the bathroom. Seeing me color up, she smiled softly, patting my hand, and said, "Nothing to be ashamed off. You're growing up."

It was one of the most embarrassing times I had had with Mom, even though we talked about all kinds of things. She had always been cool and when we talked she would talk to me as if she was one of the guys. But somehow, I always felt a discomfort when the subject was sex, never managing to overcome my shyness-that is, until I grew older, but then, we didn't talk much about the subject in those later years.

As I thought about that particular memory, I couldn't help but chuckle at another embarrassing one; the time when she had come across my secret stash of Playboys... After the discovery, she had left them in their hiding place, but stacked them neatly, sorted by date!

God! That had really been embarrassing!

For several days, she would look at me with a mischievous look in her eyes, and smile knowingly, and I would color up. Thinking back on those days, I realized Dad must have been in on it too, because after receiving a strange look from Dad-which I barely caught-Mom had immediately stopped teasing me. Now, I knew what his look meant: "Leave the kid alone, will you?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.