Dance of a Lifetime - Cover

Dance of a Lifetime

Copyright© 2003 by Don Lockwood

Chapter 99: The Dancers Take The Ice

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 99: The Dancers Take The Ice - Two kids meet. She has a boyfriend. He's much better for her. Can he tell her? Will she figure it out? Winner of two Golden Clitorides (Best Serial, Best Long Story by a New Author) in 2001.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Cream Pie   Slow   Violence  

The first week proceeded like the first day did. Warren and Sophia got out and saw as much as they could see. They practiced. Sophia's morning sickness acted up a bit, but not much, and she was feeling generally good and fit.

Tuesday was the pairs' long program. Brett and Andrea were the first pair in the final group, and they skated wonderfully. "That's the best I've ever seen them skate," Warren said, and Sophia agreed. Brett and Andrea were beside themselves with joy as they came off the ice. When the other Russian team, which had been in third place, stumbled, Andrea and Brett found themselves assured of a medal, leading with only two pairs to go.

Zhalenya and Stanskiy were first. They skated good, but not great. They moved ahead of Andrea and Brett, and their presentation marks were, as always for Russians, overinflated--but the door was open.

Jennie Sellers and Denis Poulin stormed through that door and slammed it shut behind them. They were magical. They were perfect. The crowd was on its feet 30 seconds before the end of the program.

"Let's hope the judges don't screw that one up," Warren said to Sophia. They didn't. Sellers and Poulin became the first Canadian pairs team to ever win an Olympic gold medal.


Wednesday morning found them back on the slopes, with the Austrian contingent, watching the men's Super Giant Slalom. More beer, more bratwurst, and another gold for Gerhard Weichenberger. That evening, they had their first practice on the Olympic ice. It was an OD practice, and they ran through a spirited rendition of "If You Can't Rock Me."

Thursday was the men's short program. Jack Garrison, landing his troublesome quad, skated cleanly into third place, behind the Russians, Ganyavin and Bondarchenko.

Finally, Friday, it was the dancers' turn.


"Did you see the makeup of the judging panel?" Canadian ice dancer Renee Damphier asked Sophia and Warren at breakfast Friday morning?

"Yeah, we did," Sophia told her. "What a stroke of luck--only two members of the Ice Dance Judging Mafia on the panel."

The Ice Dance Judging Mafia was a term that some of the North American dance teams--and their internet fans--had come up with to describe a group of judges representing countries like Russia, Italy, France, Germany, Ukraine, and occasionally a few others. These judges tended to judge in a bloc, intimidate other judges, try to control the panel, and put dance teams in pre-decided "slots" in a competition. They also pushed the ethos of over-emotive bad mock-acting over actual dancing.

In the Olympics, there was only one panel that judged all four segments, unlike Worlds. This could bode badly for anyone that wasn't in the favor of the Mafia, because they could control every event if they controlled the panel. However, this year, the IOC widened the amount of judges that served as the pool that the nine Olympic judges were drawn from. The allegations of bloc judging and a Judging Mafia had hurt the sport.

Sophia and Warren, plus Renee Damphier and her partner Christian Gaudler, were thrilled with the makeup of the panel at the Olympics. Only Russia and France from the Mafia were on it. The USA and Canada were on it. The other five judges were from Finland, Great Britain, Hungary, Austria, and Japan. Only Great Britain and Hungary had dance teams with even a hint of a chance to get into the top ten, and then only in the lower reaches thereof. Plus, the judges from those two countries here were known as impartial judges of integrity. Finland, Austria, and Japan had no axe to grind at all.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.