Never Too Old to Be in Love - I - Cover

Never Too Old to Be in Love - I

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Chapter 29

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 29 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

Later on Monday morning - A visit to the solicitors [Lionel Barnes]

The girl was slender, a fragile looking thing, with a face that might be plain or pretty. Difficult to tell, but difficult to keep one's eyes away from it. It was alight with intelligence, excitement and love. Beside Robert Whitehead, she looked ethereal, but her handshake was firm and there was a feeling of potential about her.

Robert had warned me that the business was personal. We understood one another well now. I had helped him to manage Elizabeth's affairs, grateful that her curious pick up should be willing to take an interest in the mess that she and Andrew had managed to create. I suppose I patronised him at first, but he never held it against me. He learned quickly and we were soon partners and then friends. His drive and ability were amazing, un-blunted by the twenty years of drifting since he left school.

It made good sense to spend time and care on the Lawley business. I'd had a quick look in our management accounts this morning. Including Tony Glover's and the other spouse's accounts, the family's business gave us eight per-cent of our turnover. Quite apart from Elizabeth's curious 'tips'.

I'd got out a couple of Elizabeth's boxes based on Robert's information when he had made the appointment. Robert grubbed through them and pulled a face.

"Not in here. I ought to sort these out. Not now though. It was before we were married - well before - now it was witnessed I thing. It would be in my papers, perhaps."

I couldn't remember the affair. I had done so many odd things for Elizabeth over the years that this one didn't stand out. I poked my head out into the main office and told Susan to get Robert's file for the period before his marriage to Elizabeth.

While we waited, I asked the girl if she would like us to act for her.

"I've never had a solicitor," she said, "I hardly need one, but if I do, I'm sure... "

How refreshing, I thought. The poppet had forgotten about one and a quarter million pounds.

She shrugged and said, "I haven't got used to it. I forgot. I'd be grateful if you'll act for me."

I decided I wanted to see more of her.

Susan returned with the box and offered a folded packet. I looked at the superscription and undid the tape. I did remember it now I saw it. Something rather odd? The envelope folded inside was signed by Robert and the outer folder by both him and Elizabeth, countersigned by me and another witness.

It simply stated that the enclosed envelope had been sealed in the presence of them both fifteen years ago. It also noted that it was only to be opened in the presence of the said Robert Whitehead and his third wife. There was an addition, in my hand, initialled by the two of them, allowing that Robert's third wife might be merely affianced. I explained this to them.

"I don't need the original, for now, a photocopy will do," Robert was impatient.

I thought this rather ungallant and anyway, if I couldn't release the original, then a copy was not admissible either. I shook my head.

"Of course not," he said and looked at the girl. "It's just that I've never actually asked her and it seems a little ungallant..."

They looked at one another and smiled. Her face radiated her love so transparently that I felt embarrassed and I saw Susan look out of the window.

"Ask away," Sarah murmured, "A girl never minds a couple of impeccable witnesses at such a time."

Robert looked taken aback at this teasing. "Ah... Hm..." He spluttered, "Sarah, will you marry me?"

"I thought you'd never ask. Yes I will."

She looked at me. "Is the registry office still open?"

I looked at my watch ostentatiously. "I think you have barely time today."

Robert had picked the girl up and was kissing her. She was panting when he put her down and blushing prettily.

"There you are Sarah. Officially engaged. I'd marry you tomorrow, but... " He was suddenly serious.

We were all serious for a few moments, remembering Elizabeth. I picked up the envelope and offered it to Sarah. She looked at it, appeared to steel herself and took it. She opened the envelope without hesitating, unfolded the piece of paper within and looked at it.

She smiled at Robert. "Sally Chaucer," she read, "A joke. Chaucer - the Franklin's tale... "

She glanced at me and said, "I'm always called Sally at home - so Sally or Sarah Franklin."

She looked at Robert and said slowly, "I was only five when you wrote this. But I'd have remembered holding your hand - even for a moment."

"You see," he said, "why I was worried that things were wrong before I knew you were Sally. I'd forgotten the 'Chaucer' bit. I'd never heard of him when I wrote that, so it didn't stick in my mind. All I really remembered was 'Sally' - and you were 'Sarah'. And then when your mum asked me if I meant 'Sally', it all clicked. And I knew."

I watched them both in silence. Susan took a cue from me and remained still. Robert walked over to the window and stared out.

He told us the tale of the odd ceremony that Elizabeth and he had performed fifteen years ago in the chain of graves and how he and Sarah had done the same thing that morning.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.