I’ll Do It All Over Again - Cover

I’ll Do It All Over Again

by Curbstonesetter

Copyright© 2024 by Curbstonesetter

Romantic Sex Story: Description: After his divorce he found a very passionate young woman. She took him to meet her Mother and later her Mother wanted to know when they were going to get busy and present her with her Grandbabies.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   .

Author: Curbstonesetter

Author’s Note: This story is a complete work of fiction from the get go and is intended solely for the readers to enjoy. My thanks to EasySpeak for the work of editing this story so that it makes sense and makes it easier to read and understand.

Author’s Note: This story was inspired by a song by Crystal Gale, “I’ll Do It All Over Again.” Her song is only one among the many of her number of great music works. Crystal Gale is one of the finest if not the finest female vocalists who has ever performed music of this type.

For those readers who have not heard her work or heard this particular song, it is easy to find on the internet. I nearly named the story “Lady” in honor of Kenny Rogers who recently passed away because I reference his song “Lady” in the story in a couple of places.


It had been three years since my divorce and everything I needed to have done in my personal life I really had to do for myself now. I knew I really missed my ex-wife of five years who did so much for me for such a long time.

Unfortunately, I never really appreciated her or what she did for me until I had to do it all for myself. I never realized how much time it took to do all of the things I now had to do for myself.

My ex-wife was such a selfless and very giving lady and she was a great lover in and out of our marital bed, too. I never showed her my full appreciation like I should have. I guess I should have had my ass kicked, royally, and the only one that could really do the ass kicking for me was me.

I began to realize that I should have done so much more for her so that she would never have wanted to get our divorce in the first place. I guess you don’t really know what you have until you have lost it and it is gone.

Looking back on our marriage, I came to the realization that I was just too busy making a good living for us that I didn’t have enough time for my sweet loving wife. If I couldn’t kick my own ass I wish my wife had kicked my ass for me.

I made up my mind if I ever got a second chance with a good, caring and loving woman as my ex-wife I was going to do everything I could do to make sure she knew how much I appreciated her and how much I loved her. I made up my mind I was not going to do it all over again the same way I had done it the first time.

She used to tell me she was not happy about me working so many late hours and also my having to work weekends and through some of my vacations to get the work load out for the company I was working for.

My usual excuse was I always told her if I don’t finish this project they are going to look for someone else to do this work and they wouldn’t have any further need for me. They repeatedly told me that they could always get someone else to do that work for them. They really didn’t care who gets the work done for them just so long as it gets done and on time and on budget.

She told me so often, “I think this is worse than if you were running around with another woman, Dom. This way I can’t fight it and I have no defense against it. I could compete with any other woman but, I can’t compete with your work, Honey.

I want my husband back, not that guy who comes home to me at night, eats a cold supper and collapses exhausted in bed until the alarm goes off in the morning. Then he gets up, goes to work and does it all over again the next day.”

Now that she was gone, I had to go to the dry cleaners and to the laundry to pick up my clean clothes I had dropped off a few days before. I also had to go to the mall and look for my new clothes when I needed them.

Worst of all I had to learn how to cook for myself rather than going out to eat all of the time. I’m a pretty good Engineer but, I ain’t much worth a damn when it comes to being a cook. As the old expression said, ‘Every time I tried to boil water I burn it. And Oh, I almost forgot I had to do my own dishes, clean my house and do my laundry, too.’

I like to go out to eat but, it gets kind of old going out to a restaurant or mostly to fast food joints all of the time eating essentially the same old fast food. It really didn’t matter which fast food chain I went to it was all pretty much the same – bread, meat, pickles and ketchup. Oh, and on a sesame seed bun no less. I sure couldn’t forget that.

For me to cook for myself, as anyone knows, I had to go out to the supermarket and buy the things I needed to prepare my meals. I went to the supermarket and just picked up the things I thought I needed and when I got home with them I began to notice that some things were not of the best quality. Produce and meats were the worst things I had the most problems with. Of course, there were others, too, but, those were the worst.

Often times when I got home, the produce or the meat I bought was at the point of spoiling or was already slightly spoiled. If my ex-wife had that problem she either didn’t say anything about it or she just knew how to deal with it in some manner.

Or, maybe she did say something but, I really didn’t take notice of the problem like I should have. Damn, why the hell didn’t I treat her better but, I have already been through that. There is no need to plow that ground again.

I guess that was another thing that bugged her about my lack of paying attention to her problems. I guess I should have had my ass kicked for not being more attentive to her problems. She was the love of my life but, I guess I let her love for me fade and mostly die. I know my love for her has not died even after all of this time following our divorce.

One Friday evening as I was fixing my supper, I realized that I was getting short of things to fix for my meals. I said to myself, ‘Dom, you are going to have to go to the market tomorrow and get yourself some groceries or else you are going to have to go out to eat at the local fast food joint again. That thought was nearly more than I could stomach and no pun is intended either.

Shit, I didn’t know which one was worse.’ I was so tired of eating fast food I shuddered at that thought and said to myself, ‘Dom, come morning you need to get up off of your dead ass and go to the grocery store tomorrow.’

The next morning after I had fixed my breakfast (corn flakes and milk) and did my weekly chores of cleaning my house until it was lunch time. After lunch I went to the grocery store. As is my usual routine I started in the produce department. When I got there I noticed a very shapely and very attractive younger woman looking at the produce. I waited to get to the area where she was reviewing the produce.

She picked up an orange hefted it in her hand and put it in the plastic bag. Then she picked up a couple of more and put them back. She did that until she had the number of oranges in the bag she wanted and she moved on.

I picked up the oranges out of the lot I wanted because they all looked good to me. And I put them in my plastic bag and headed over to the counter where she was looking at grapes. She picked up one bag, looked at the grapes and put it back then she picked up another bag and put it back, too. Finally after finding the bag of grapes she wanted she put it in her cart and moved on.

I picked up a bag of grapes and put it into my cart and headed toward the meat counter. When I got there she was at the meat counter looking at the pre-packaged hamburger. She repeated looking at a couple of pre-packages of hamburger and finally settled on the one she wanted and put it in her cart.

I stepped over to her and said, “Pardon me, Miss. May I ask you a couple of questions please.” Of course, I was really happy to have a legitimate reason to talk to her and ask her questions I really wanted to know about choices in grocery shopping. And it was really great to be met with her cheerful response to my approach.

She looked at me with her pretty face and her very beautiful sky blue eyes. She smiled and said so sweetly, “Sure, what can I do for you, sir?”

“Well, I saw you looking at several packages of the hamburger before you decided which one you wanted to put in your cart. What is it that you were looking for? I generally just pick up one of those packages and put it in my cart. They all look pretty much the same to me. There must be some difference between them, otherwise, you wouldn’t take so much time and care making your decision on which one you wanted to put into your cart to buy.”

She responded with a bright smile on her face, “I’m looking for the color of the hamburger and the fat content. I don’t want to buy meat that looks like it’s old and the color must look like it’s fresh. And I don’t want meat that has a lot of fat content either.”

She turned back to the meat counter and picked up one of the packages that she had put back and showed me how it looked compared to the one she had in her cart. Once she pointed out the difference, I could see it very plainly with no difficulty.

“Oh, thank you. I never noticed the difference. But, knowing what to look for gives me, the uneducated shopper, a way to make a good decision about what I want to buy. By the way, my name is Dominick Lorenzo but, my family and all of my friends call me Dom. Dominick just seems to be too formal and too cumbersome to say.”

“Hi, Dom. My name is Lara Dembrow. I’m happy to meet you. And I’m happy to help you, too. Did that answer your question?”

“Yes it did, Lara, but, I have another question for you. I saw you when you were selecting oranges and grapes. You looked at several oranges before you chose the ones you put in your cart and you looked at several bags of grapes before you put one of those into your cart. How did you make a decision on which of those you wanted to put in your cart?”

She immediately turned her cart around and said, “Come on with me, Dom.” I figured she had to be a person of authority in her life’s work and she was used to making decisions and directing people. She headed back to the produce section and she hefted a couple of oranges that looked to be of about the same size.

She looked at me and said, “Here put these in your hands and tell me what difference you can tell there is between them.” Touching my hands with her warm soft hands as she put the two oranges into my hands sent a high voltage electric charge through me.

When she picked up the oranges I looked at her hands and I could see no rings on her ring finger. I surmised that she was not married or maybe she was divorced like I was. I took the oranges in my hands and hefted them and said, “This one feels like it’s a little heavier than the other one.” as I held it out to her.

“That’s because it probably has more juice in it than the one you have in your other hand and it is of better quality.” Then she told me to come over to the counter with the grapes and picked up a couple of those bags and showed them to me. She said, “Look at this bag, Dom.”

These grapes all look firm and fresh and the stems still look green while the other one looks like they are wrinkled a little and are not quite as fresh. The stems look brown and dead like they have been harvested a longer time ago. I want to have the freshest grapes that are available and I suppose you do, too. The fresh grapes are juicier and taste better than those that have already begun to wither.”

I looked at her pretty face and into those beautiful blue eyes and said, “Wow, Lara, that’s really good to know. I had never noticed those little differences before. Maybe I ought to go grocery shopping with you every weekend.

Would you let me show you my appreciation for your help by letting me take you out to a restaurant to eat this evening? I need a break from my own cooking and I’m really tired of eating fast food.”

“I’d really like to go out with you tonight, Dom, but, I have to go see my Mother tonight. She has a standing invitation, if not an outright demand, for me to come over to her house for supper every week. And I really don’t want to disappoint her. She says she wants to see me at least once a week every week.”

“Since my Dad passed away last year she lives alone and she wants me to come see her every week and have supper with her. She’d really like for me to move back in to live with her again but, I just can’t do that. I love my Mother very much but, living with her is something else. I can go out to eat with you tomorrow evening, though, if your invitation still stands.”

“It certainly does, Lara.” I pulled one of my business cards out of my pocket and wrote my address and phone number on the back of it and handed it to her. I gave her another one of my cards and my pen and asked her to write her name, address and phone number on it for me. She did and handed the card and my pen back to me. I told her, “Thank you, Lara, I’ll give you a call tomorrow afternoon and confirm that we’re still on for tomorrow evening.”

Later when I reviewed her personal information on the business card I had provided for her, I marveled at how beautiful and legible her hand writing was. I thought her beautiful meticulous hand writing was an indication of how ordered and disciplined her personal life was. Her beautiful meticulous hand writing was an indication of her being a very classy and cultured young woman.

Lara said she’d look forward to my call and she pushed her cart on to continue her shopping. I continued on down the aisle to get the other things I still had on my list. When I had gotten all the items I had on my list I headed to the checkout counter.

I saw Lara was standing in the checkout line just ahead of me and of course, I just had to get in line behind her if for no other reason but, to admire her very shapely form,. But, the main reason was I really wanted to be near her.

I pulled my grocery cart in behind her and admired her very shapely form during the time we were waiting to be checked out. When she turned and saw me in line behind her she said, “Well, Dom, we just seem to be drawn together, don’t we?”

“Yes, we do, Lara, and it’s very pleasant to be drawn to such a pretty and gracious young lady.” She just kind of wiggled at my comment and started putting her items on the checkout conveyor. When she was through the checkout line and was about to walk out of the store, I said, “Good bye, Lara. I’ll see you tomorrow evening.”

“Good bye, Dom. I’m looking forward to seeing you then, too. You have a nice day.”

After checking out, I got home and relaxed around the house having put up my groceries. Then I watched a ball game on TV until supper time. Before fixing my evening meal I grabbed the card with Lara’s phone number and address on it.

The address she put down was within a couple of miles of my home and it would not be all that far for me to go to pick her up tomorrow evening which I was really looking forward to doing.

I had enough sense to put her name and address and phone number into the address book of my smart phone. After eating my supper I sat in my comfortable recliner with a glass of wine in my hand and settled down to watch a movie on TV.

It was kind of hard for me to get involved with the movie with thoughts of Lara still parading relentlessly through my mind. She had such a pretty face with those sparkling blue eyes and her golden blond hair.

She appeared to be about 5 Ft. - 6 in. tall and she had a beautiful hour glass figure. It was hard for me to believe that such a gorgeous looking young woman was not attached to some lucky guy with two or three little kids tagging along with her.

I just had to think she could probably deliver some really pretty babies when the time came. And she would probably be a very attentive and very loving mother with our babies, too. I was hoping I could get the chance to father her babies or at least go through the motions, anyway.

Then I thought, ‘Oh, Dom, you nasty bastard, you hardly know this sweet lovely young woman and you already want to make love with her and knock her up. Shame on your raunchy ass. Oh, hell. I guess that’s a consequence of not having had sex for some time. It’s really hell walking around with a perpetual hard-on like a sixteen year old high school boy.’

Thinking back over my meeting with her, I thought, ‘She is such a gracious, refined and patient lady to take the time to talk to me and give me answers to my questions. That is the characteristic of a really classy lady to do that for a complete stranger.’

I guess I had to be a little amazed that she accepted my invitation to take her out to eat tomorrow evening. Maybe I’m that lucky stiff and I do mean stiff that has found such a shapely and alluring young woman to go out to eat with me tomorrow evening.

The next afternoon I called her number and Lara answered the phone. I very politely said to her, “Hi, Lara, this is Dom. I just wanted to call you and confirm that you are still available to go out to eat with me this evening?”

“Oh, sure, Dom, I am and I’m looking forward to seeing you this evening.”

“Is 6 o’clock a good time for me to pick you up this evening? And would you like to go to Texas Land and Cattle to eat? They are principally a steak house and they serve some pretty good steaks. But, they have other items on their menu, too, if you choose not to order steak.”

“Yes, Dom, Texas Land and Cattle will be great and I’ll expect you at 6 o’clock this evening then.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing you this evening then, too, Lara. Good bye.”

I went into the bathroom and showered and shaved extra close for the evening. I put on my best after shave and cologne. I had my shoes shined to a spit shine as I wanted Lara to know that I had really spruced up for her.

I put on a white shirt and tie followed by my sports jacket. When I got dressed I looked in the mirror and I thought that I was back in high school at 18 years old and going on my first big date again.

I couldn’t understand why I was so giddy about taking a pretty young lady out to eat this evening. God knows, I dated enough in high school and college. I dated my ex-wife so many times before we got married, also.

Maybe it was because Lara reminded me somewhat of my ex-wife because she was so pretty, gracious and classy. I just had to say to myself, ‘Ok, Dom, don’t fuck this up with such a wonderful young woman as Lara is.’

Leaving the house in time to arrive at Lara’s apartment I got there at 6 sharp. I knocked on her door and I was met with a vision of beauty I couldn’t remember ever having seen before. Lara answered the door in a fabulous looking pink and white party dress that absolutely accentuated her gorgeous figure showing just a slight hint of her luscious cleavage.

Her hair was done up so well without a stray strand of hair being out of place. Her make up just brought out her natural beauty to perfection. I looked into her beautiful shining blue eyes and I had a hell of a time being able to talk to her in an intelligent manner. I was really happy that she greeted me first giving me time to collect my thoughts and find my voice.

She cheerfully greeted me saying, “Good evening, Dom. You look so handsome this evening.” she said with a big broad smile on her face. Her eyes were shining brightly at me. Her beautiful appearance and her sweet greeting sure made my lower belly do a double flip flop and I wanted to take her in my arms and kiss her rather than going out to eat.

“Good evening, Lara. Thank you for your gracious compliment. And let me return the compliment to you. You look just beautiful to me in your gorgeous dress. Are you ready to go with me to get something to eat?”

“Yes, I am. Just step inside for a few moments while I get my shawl and my purse and then we will be ready to leave, Dom.”

She stepped inside her bedroom and returned with her purse and a crocheted silk shawl that so aptly complimented the color of her dress. She handed me the shawl and asked, “Would you put this over my shoulders please, Dom?”

I took the shawl from her and draped it over her shoulders. It was just long enough to cover her shoulders down her back to below her shoulder blades and halfway down her upper arms.

I couldn’t believe just how gorgeous and elegant she looked but, with her shawl over her shoulders she looked even more elegant and feminine. She looked almost regal and stately.

As I was draping her shawl over her shoulders I was surrounded by the luscious fragrance of her hair and the wonderful fragrance of her perfume. Good God, I felt like I was helping an angel when I draped the shawl over her shoulders.

As soon as I draped the shawl over her shoulders she buttoned the one button at her neck that kept it securely over her shoulders. She then said, “Thank you, Dom. Now we’re ready to go. I just wanted to have something to keep my shoulders warm this evening in the air conditioning and when the night air turns cooler.”

I thought she looked beautiful before but, with the addition of her gorgeous shawl she looked just absolutely magnificent. She wouldn’t have any problem in stealing my heart. I think I was already in love with this beautiful lady. ‘Oh, shut the fuck up Dom. You’re probably letting your dick do your thinking for you again.’ I said to myself.

As we walked into the restaurant I was extremely proud to be accompanying such a beautiful, regal and stately looking young lady tonight. Lara was so poised, pretty and self-confident as she so regally walked beside me. When we got into the restaurant the hostess showed us to a table, handed each of us a menu and said very cheerfully, “Your waitress will be right with you.”

On looking at the menu, Lara said, “I don’t think I want a steak as large as a T-bone, Dom, so I think I’ll have the Fillet Mignon since it is smaller with the double baked potato and vegetables.” I chose to have the T-bone with the double baked potato and vegetables. Then I asked her, “Would you like to have some wine to go with your meal, too, Lara?”

She immediately replied, “Yes, I would, if you are going to have wine with your meal, too.” When the waitress returned to take our order I ordered the Fillet Mignon with the double baked potato and vegetables for the lady. And I ordered the T-bone with a double baked potato and vegetables for myself. The waitress asked, “What would you and the lady like to drink with your meal, Sir?”

“We’ll have a bottle of your red wine, if it is chilled please.”

The waitress replied, “That will be fine, Sir, and your meals will be out very shortly with the chilled wine and chilled glasses, too.”

Just after she took our order Kenny Rogers’ song “Lady” started playing softly on the restaurant sound system. Lara reached across the table and put her soft delicate hand on mine and said to me, “Oh, Dom that is such a beautiful song. I just love listening to it and dancing to it, too. Kenny Rogers has such a great voice and he does a superb job with this song, as well.”

I agreed with her saying, “It is a really beautiful song, Lara, and I think it is very appropriate for the lovely and elegant lady I’m escorting and sharing my evening meal with tonight. Maybe we can go dancing sometime in the near future.”

We both continued to listen to the song while Lara had a dreamy look on her lovely face and in her pretty blue eyes. After the end of the song I asked her, “Lara, what do you do for a living? I’m surprised that a lovely young woman like you has not been snapped up by some lucky good looking young guy.”

“I’m an Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President of Production of a local manufacturing company, Dom. I was just wondering what you do for a living, too.”

“Lara, I’m the Vice President of Engineering for an Engineering Consulting Company here in town. But, you didn’t say how it is that you are not in a serious relationship with some lucky guy.”

“About three years ago I was in a serious relationship with a guy and I thought we were going to get married but, all of a sudden he told me that he wanted to do other things, go other places and see other people.

It really broke my heart and I have not been seeing anyone else since that time. But, what about you, Dom? I would think that a handsome, eligible and very accomplished guy like you would be married and have a growing family by this stage in your life.”

“Somewhat similar to your situation, I was married and about three years ago my wife told me that she wanted a divorce. She said that since I was working so much we never had time to do things together.

I had been working late each night and on weekends and had to work through some of my vacations. She said that if I was seeing other women she could do something about that but, she couldn’t compete with my work.

All my hard work got me to the position I have now as Engineering Vice President but, I lost the love of my life. After getting my promotion I had the time to spend with my wife but, she was already gone by that time.

In the meantime I think she has gotten remarried. I came to realize that we never know what we have until we don’t have it anymore. She was so good to me. Maybe she was just too good to me and I wasn’t all that good to her even though I loved her very much.

Sometimes people like me lose sight of the most important things in life instead of those things that we think are the most important to us at the time. As the song says, ‘I’d trade all of my tomorrows for a single yesterday.’

But, there are no yesterdays that will ever come back to me or bring her back to me either. Then I made a vow if I ever found a woman as good as she was I’d make sure I didn’t ever repeat the same mistakes.”

“I know, Dom. I have thought many times about my situation and I don’t know if it was him or if it was me or what I could have done differently but, it was done. And like your ex-wife I don’t think there really was anything I could have done to prevent him from leaving.

Then I came to the realization that my heart would mend and I’ll do it all over again. Even if it happens to me again, I had to go on about my life and live for today and not dwell on what happened in the past. I knew that I had to put it behind me. From what you have just said it looks like you have come to the same conclusion, Dom.”

“I guess that we have both had major disappointments in our lives, Lara, and we have to go on about our lives regardless of what we could have done about our lives in the past.” At that time, our food arrived at our table and we both started eating our meal.

About half way through our meal, Lara said, “This is a delicious steak, Dom. It is so tender I think I could almost cut it with my fork. And the side dishes are excellent, too. Thank you for bringing us here tonight.”

“Yes the food is excellent. And my steak is so tender I think that I could cut it with my fork, too. And the chilled wine perfectly complements the taste of the meal.” We continued with our meal chatting while we were eating. After we finished our meal I asked Lara, “Would you like to have an after dinner drink before we leave?”

“No but, I see that there maybe a couple of glasses of the wine left that would be a very good after dinner drink for me, Dom.” I poured her another glass of the wine and the remainder of the wine in the bottle I poured into my glass. Lara looked on with pleasure gleaming in her eyes and a big smile on her face at how much she enjoyed her meal.

While we were finishing our wine I asked her, “You said you were going to see your mother yesterday evening, Lara. How is she doing? I hope you had a good visit with her.”

“She is doing just fine, Dom. She is just tired of living alone and she still wants me to move back in to live with her. After Dad passed away she told me that she didn’t think that she would ever get married again. But, now that she has had time to think about it I think she has come around to my way of thinking that I’ll do it all over again, too.

I just wish she could find a man or I could find a man for her. She’s not all that old. She’s only in her late 50’s and she’s in good physical health and in good shape. I think she still looks just as beautiful as she did before I was born.”

“Yeah, I know a little about that problem. My mother was in the same situation. She returned to attending her church and she found a widower there in one of their seniors’ associations. And she was like a high school girl again or maybe I should say she is still like a high school girl.

They got married a couple of years ago and now they travel quite a bit. They’re always jetting off to Europe or to Hawaii or on a cruise ship to somewhere. I think they are really happy with one another. And I’m really happy for them, too. The only thing about that is, I rarely see my Mom and her new husband. But, I wouldn’t have her change a thing as long as she and they are happy.”

“I have suggested to Mom that she start going to church again and get involved with the church again but, she hasn’t done that yet. I think I’ll tell her about your Mom’s experience if you don’t mind, Dom.”

“No, I don’t mind at all, Lara, especially if it will help your Mom or anyone else. I know that some churches sponsor associations of the seniors of their congregation who want to get together and pursue mutual interests. Your Mother’s church may already have something like that or some other similar association.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.