Sole Survivor - Cover

Sole Survivor

Copyright© 2023 by Rottweiler

Chapter 4: Visitors

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 4: Visitors - Marcus Tanner a young journeyman blacksmith who joined a colonial expedition for the new world, finds himself shipwrecked and half dead on an unknown shore—he is the sole survivor. Severely injured and ill from exposure, he has only his intellect and wit to fall back on as he salvages what he can from the stricken vessel before the harsh winter sets in. Early in his adventure he befriends and injured wolf pup and meets a small indigenous tribe of peaceful natives. He soon learns that enemies are

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   ft   NonConsensual   Rape   Gay   Fiction   Historical   Alternate History   Anal Sex   Violence  

That afternoon and early evening he collected the majority of his equipment from the latest crate, except the heavy crucible. He sorted through his assorted tools, rinsing them carefully with fresh water and drying them. He treated each with a generous coating of oil and organized them in a smaller crate. His kit was a leather and canvas sack that stored his extra boots, gloves, aprons, and headgear he favored when working the forge. He procured heavy pieces of leather and rawhide and a complete set of smaller picks, files, tongs, pliers, and sheers for more intricate work. He had smaller casting crucibles for working with brass, copper, lead, silver, and gold. He also had molds for fabricating arrowheads, spear tips, bullets, and rivets.

He opened the sealed pack that held his four extra bowstrings and inspected them closely. They appeared sound and he quickly replaced the ruined one, leaving the weapon unstrung until needed. He had 7 functional arrows and two dozen more shafts fitted with hunting tips. He had collected a large bunch of feathers that littered the beach around him and trimmed a great many fletching veins from them. Now that he had his fine waxed cord and resin components, he could prepare the remaining shafts quickly. He found and donned the leather bracers that protected his forearms during archery practice.

Removing the heavy crucible from the shattered hull was made possible by using a pair of long sturdy poles bound together with cross braces. He positioned the makeshift ramp, so it spanned from the deck to shore. It was not long enough to reach dry land, but he was able to slide the giant vessel down into the water nearby, and then roll it awkwardly up the slope to the kelp layer. Using his ramp again, he was able to continue maneuvering it across the driftwood piles, to join his other tools at the camp. Exhausted, he retired to his new shelter and newer double cot, to sleep. Pepper preferred to rest under the stars, keeping one oversized ear perked for trouble.

The visitors arrived the following day, as the sun crested high overhead. He was resting from his recent task of securing another crate. He had pulled on his breeches and boots and was grilling another fish for his and Pepper’s lunch. She alerted him to their approach with a growl and stood close beside him as he rose to watch. He retreated to his tent to collect his weapon harness and strapped it onto his torso as he gazed at them.

10 figures were approaching. They were taller than the pair he observed previously and appeared to be garbed in leather. He could see seven of them wore leggings while the other three were dressed in long gowns that fell to their calves. Several wore decorative headdresses fashioned from long braids with feathers and animal bones. As they drew closer, he noted a central figure of advanced age who wore the most garish of the headpieces. He carried a spear with several feathers tied about the tip. The other six males appeared far younger and carried themselves as warriors, armed with either short bows or spears. The three women held no weapons but carried bulky baskets over their shoulders.

As they neared, the warriors spread out, three to either side of the elder and the women. Four of them carried bows and held arrows notched and ready to draw. They approached within a few paces of the opposite side of the pool and stopped. The women promptly knelt, relieving the burden of the baskets from their shoulders. The elder watched him unmoving for several minutes.

Pepper growled ominously and stepped forward to put herself in front of Marcus. This alarmed the visitors and the warrior standing to his far left raised his bow aggressively.

Marcus stepped abreast of the wolf and raised his hand warningly. “I wouldn’t do that, mate!” he said in his deep voice.

The young man looked at him confused but did not back down from his stance.

Marcus stepped in front of the dog and drew one of his flintlocks, extending his arm and aiming it straight at the man’s chest. “I said no!” he stated louder. Pepper gave another deep growl and barked savagely at the aggressor.

The women gasped in alarm and crawled back while the other warriors stepped forward, lifting their weapons.

Angrily Marcus drew his broad sword and waved it from side to side. He shifted his feet and swung the pistol over until it was aimed directly at the old man. “You will be the first to die!” he said forcefully as he pulled back the hammer.

The elder calmly looked back at him and raised his right hand while shouting a single word. Then he stepped forward slowly and lowered his spear, setting it on the ground before his feet. He said the word again, louder—as he rose. The warriors all relaxed, except the one poised to shoot. He looked askance at the elder but kept his bow drawn. Marcus sheathed his sword but aimed the pistol back towards the younger man. His face was drawn with emotion. Anger, fear, and uncertainty. He sensed that the fellow held some status among them, and he carried himself with an air of arrogance. A scar ran diagonally down each of his cheeks like a half chevron.

The elder repeated himself sharply, angrily shaking his hand at the warrior who finally stepped back, releasing the tension from his bow. He appeared offended and angry at his chastisement.

The elder crossed his right arm to his left side, then raised it in a wide arc over his head. “Yaddahey!” he called solemnly, placing his left hand over his breast.

Marcus mimicked the gesture uncertainly, “Yada ... um hey. Hello there.” he replied.

The awkwardness stretched as he holstered the pistol and scratched his head.

“Well ... er,” he stammered, “perhaps we’ll put the kettle to boil for some tea.” With a friendly wave, he gestured for them all to join him in the camp. The elder and his warriors stepped cautiously around the pool. He paused to watch the women struggle to rise with their burdens. “Oh, bloody hell. Allow me!” he muttered and waded across the shallow body to them. The women stepped back anxiously as he gathered all three baskets in one hand and carried them back towards the camp. “Come along then.”

The elder watched this calmly while the warriors frowned at him. The women looked at each other and shrugged before following him quietly.

He had arranged a loose ring of drift logs in a circle around the fire pit. He indicated for the women to be seated nearest the stove insert he had fashioned and set their baskets at their feet politely. He waved for the elder to be seated in his thinking seat and shrugged at the others to let them find their own places. He led Pepper over to her crate shelter and admonished her to stay. She was not happy about it and plopped down dramatically to emphasize her displeasure.

“I wasn’t rightly expecting company,” he muttered apologetically as he removed the lid from his steaming kettle. He placed a large measure of his tea into the seeping sock and dropped it into the vessel to brew. Then he gathered 10 additional ceramic mugs and arranged them on his makeshift table.

He turned back to his guests and stood tall. He placed both hands on his chest. “I am Marcus,” he patted himself firmly, “Mar-cus.”

The elder smiled and stood as well. “Mar-cus,” he repeated pointing a hand at the giant man. He touched his chest. “Lah-kote-ah.”

Marcus repeated the word, wondering if it were a name or a title.

The elder then proceeded to introduce the men but Marcus failed to remember any of their names, except for the haughty scar-faced arsehole who was named, Pochin. Lakota then turned to the women who stood as he called them out; Teekah, Keely, and Polany. He took a moment to join both his hands with Teekah and she draped a necklace of stones and beads over both their wrists.

‘So, they are married.’ he supposed as he nodded his understanding. She smiled and nodded back at him as the elder sat. She appeared far younger than her husband who was ancient by any standard. He placed her age at around 30 to 35 years, and the other two even younger. They were all quite pretty.

All of his guests had raven black hair except for the graying elder. And aside from him, they all had smooth healthy complexions with dark skin. The tallest of them only stood to his chest. Yet despite their slight frames, they had survived in the harsh land. They called themselves the Pawasi.

Marcus turned back to the large kettle and lifted it with a cloth to protect his hand. He poured the aromatic tea into each of the cups and began passing them around starting with the women and Lakota. They all accepted with curiosity, and many sniffed the steaming liquid. Marcus took his cup and raised it in salute. “Cheers,” he said and then sipped his drink delicately. He smiled as the elder sipped his, followed by the three ladies, a few of the men followed suit and they wore an amusing array of expressions. It was a bitter drink, but none seemed to express any distaste. Still, Marcus turned to the small pantry he had arranged by his stove and fetched a jar of honey and a spoon. He started with the women and sweetened their drinks with a dollop and a quick stir. Their delighted smiles encouraged him, and he repeated the gesture with the rest of the guests. He could tell by their responses that the honey was a welcome addition.

He sat across the fire from Lakota and sipped his tea calmly as he glanced about him. The elder turned to his wife and nodded to her. Teekah rose solemnly and handed her cup to Keely. She bent over her basket and removed a colorful woven blanket. She unfolded and held it, glancing about intently. Marcus understood and rose gesturing to the table. She smiled and draped the blanket across its surface. Then she began placing several assorted items atop it. There were small apples, several squash, and a finely woven basket crafted from reeds. The other two girls rose and added their baskets to the offering, and he was humbled by the generous bounty presented to him. They gifted him with corn, beans, dried venison, small eggs, two more reed containers, and even a decorative hoop adorned with beads, feathers, and an intricately woven web of fine threads. They hung it from a branch, and it turned about lazily in the breeze.

Stunned at the display of hospitality Marcus stood before them all, trying to decide how to express his appreciation. He finally pressed his hands together as if in prayer and saluted them all with a graceful bow. “Thank you!” he said earnestly, “thank you.”

Lakota grinned, pleased with his response, and spoke briefly in words he could not understand. A comfortable silence followed as they enjoyed their tea. Marcus glanced about him and noted the stares of several of the men as they gazed curiously at his gear. He stood and pointed to his sword and belt knife, raising his eyebrows in question. Then he slowly drew each and passed them around the group hilt first. There were several expressions of wonder and the items, and he realized they had never seen metal before. “Steel,” he explained proudly.

He stood suddenly and gestured for them to remain seated. He walked over to one of his crates and removed an ingot of pig iron and one of his smaller hammers. He brought it back to the group and demonstrated by striking the ingot to produce a loud metallic clang. Their eyes widened and he grinned at them. “Iron,” he said and pointed to the ground and tried to explain how it was made. It was futile. They were impressed enough with his weapons and demonstration.

Suddenly inspired, he snapped his fingers and looked towards one of the warriors, indicating his spear. With a nod, the man handed it to him, and Marcus studied the long obsidian point that was lashed tightly to the end. He nodded as he tested the edge and grunted. He returned the weapon and gestured to another man’s bow. He was handed an arrow about half the length of one of his clothyard shafts, and he scrutinized the arrowhead as well. It was very similar to the one he removed from Pepper’s shoulder.

Returning the arrow to its owner he stepped over to his crates again and rummaged around. When he returned, he presented each of the six warriors with steel versions of their points. He produced 4 steel hunting arrowheads and two spear tips as long as their forearms from, elbow to wrist. They gasped as they accepted the gifts and he nodded approvingly. Then he turned to Lakota and presented him with a simple straight dagger in a leather sheath. The old man’s eyes grew wide as he reached out and took the blade graciously.

As his guests admired their wonderful presents, he turned to the three young women and smiled at them. They returned his look curiously as he rose again and returned to his cache. A moment later he gifted each of them with a metal pot and a skillet; and to Teekah he gave a heavy wood-handled cleaver which he demonstrated to her by splitting one of the squashes in half, effortlessly. He wiped it clean and placed it into her stunned hands with a grin. All three ladies began talking excitedly and thanked him profusely with gestures and excited smiles.

A short while later Lakota rose to his feet and the rest of his group followed. He and Marcus exchanged warm parting gestures and he watched the group slowly return towards the distant point before disappearing around it.

“Quite neighborly folks,” he mentioned to Pepper helping her taste test the dried venison. He cleaned the squash, saved the seeds, and prepared it for cooking in one of his smaller pots.

The next day he ventured back to the meadow and surveyed the area closely. He climbed the gradual slope along the cliff edge and followed it back until he could look down upon the beach where his camp was located. Pepper sniffed about eagerly as they explored. Further on he came upon a wide ravine that he could not cross, so he turned inland about a hundred paces before following the sloping hill back down towards the meadow. He smelled the sulfur before he came across the natural hot spring that bubbled forth from the ground and flowed down the slope. He followed it until the trees opened back up to the meadow. It dropped suddenly over a small rise and then joined another tributary before merging with the river. He could see the area where he had decided to place the pavilion, only a couple dozen yards beyond. This would be an exceptional location.

The exposed crate revealed the solution to most of his transportation concerns. He discovered eight wagon wheels with matching axles, and the brackets, lumber, and hardware to fabricate several carts and barrows. He would be able to transport and assemble the pavilion much sooner now. There were four large tarps, as well, tightly folded up and bundled.

It took him a full day to assemble a sturdy cart that he could pull along the beach. It was barely able to contain the hulky pavilion, but he was able to get it to his chosen location by noon the following day. After their lunch, he chose to explore upriver and brought along his long bow and a dozen hunting shafts. There were deer in abundance, and he spotted a large flock of wandering turkeys as well. Pepper had to be restrained from charging after them like she was so fond of doing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.