On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two - Cover

On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - The situation between Deputy Brock Guthrie and Daphne Decker is complicated. Can he get past his hatred of Indians and accept Daphne for the woman she is within instead of seeing only her Comanche heritage? Will he take a chance and come down from the fence he sits on, or will he turn away from the possibility of a lifetime of happiness with Daphne?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Interracial  

When Brock arrived at work, Rob called him into his office.

“Daphne okay?” he asked.

“Yeah. She’s a strong woman,” Brock replied. “It’s not every woman who would have done what she did.”

“I agree. Glad that the both of you are all right.” Rob fidgeted with his shirt sleeve. “You gonna see her again?”

Brock smiled. “You’re nosy, Rob.”

“Not nosy, just curious.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna see her again.”

“Glad to hear it. Now I don’t have to yell at you for being a moron,” Rob said.

“Right. Well, I’d better get to work before my boss fires me,” Brock quipped.

“That’s right. Hop to, boy.” Rob stood up. “I have a meeting with the town council.”

“Better you than me,” Brock said.

Rob grunted and left for his meeting while Brock went to his desk. Sitting down, he noticed Ellie staring off into space, a pencil poised over a tablet.

He snapped his fingers. “Ellie. Hey!”

Ellie jerked and looked at him. “What? Did you say something?”

“What the heck were you thinking about?”

Her cheeks turned pink. “Walt.”

With everything that had happened the night before, he’d forgotten that Ellie had gone to dinner with the lawyer.

“Really? How was your evening with Gainsey? Must’ve been pretty good if you were daydreaming like that.”

Ellie frowned. “It’s not like that. He’s odd.”

“Odd? How?”

“Well, he showed up all spruced up. I didn’t recognize him at first. He wore an expensive suit and he’d actually combed his hair and shaved. I have to say that he’s a handsome man,” Ellie said.

Brock shrugged. “That doesn’t sound strange. Most men try to look nice when they go out with a lady.”

“True, but he’s sort of secretive, and I couldn’t get much personal information out of him at dinner. He was fun and all, but we didn’t talk about anything important,” she said. “There’s just something off about him.”

“Are you going to see him again?” Brock asked.

“Yeah. He invited me to dinner tonight at his house. I’ll admit that I’m really curious to see where he lives.”

Brock crossed his arms over his chest. “Do you think he’s dangerous? Is it a good idea for you to go there alone?”

Ellie said, “We won’t be alone. He said that a married couple he’s friends with will be there.”

The office door opened, and the subject of their discussion walked through it.

“Hello,” Walt said, smiling. “There’s the fair Ellie and our Brock.”

Ellie noted that he hadn’t shaved, but at least his clothes weren’t all that rumpled. “Here we are.”

Her cool tone intrigued Brock, but Walt didn’t seem to notice it.

“What can we do for you, Walt?” Brock asked.

Walt adjusted his glasses. “I’ve come to see young Toby.”

Ellie’s eyes widened. “You have?”

“I have.”

“How did you know he was here? He was just arrested last night,” Ellie said.

Walt gave Ellie a smile and her pulse quickened. “Let’s just say that a little birdie told me.”

Brock scowled at him. “This little birdie wouldn’t happen to be one of the guys that came after me and Daphne last night, would it? Because if you’re aiding and abetting a criminal, I’ll have to arrest you. Besides, he’s guilty, Walt. I should know since I was there.”

Walt narrowed his eyes a little. “And just what is Toby guilty of? Did he fire a weapon? Did he even have a weapon? Bein’ with a bunch of ruffians doesn’t mean he’s guilty of anything.”

Brock was taken aback by Walt’s sudden change in demeanor. He’d gone from the affable lawyer to a shrewd, skilled attorney in a matter of seconds. Walt was right, though. When he’d arrested Toby, the boy hadn’t possessed a weapon.

Walt pressed his advantage. “Someone has to look out for the boy. The poor lad has no one now since ya killed his brother, Brock.”

Brock paled. “That was his brother? He never mentioned that. He wouldn’t tell us anything.”

“Well, who could blame him? Ye’d just killed his brother right in front of him. He’s scared to death about what’s gonna happen to him. Why dontcha release him to me? He’s committed no crime,” Walt said.

“That we know of,” Brock countered.

Walt stepped closer, his hazel eyes turning a shade cooler. “Well, now, his past crimes, if there are any, aren’t any concern to ya. Nothin’ can be proved nor disproved, so that has no bearin’ on the current situation.”

Ellie was impressed by Walt’s adroit handling of Brock’s argument. She said, “That may be, but he probably knows where those other two would hole up. He has information about wanted criminals.”

Walt smiled. “Are ya proposin’ a deal? Hmm? He tells ya what he knows and ya let him go?”

Ellie said, “We don’t have that power. You’ll have to talk to Reese about it, Walt.”

“He’s aware of the situation then?”

“That’s right.”

Walt said, “I see. Well, how about lettin’ me see the boy?”

“Sure. C’mon.” Brock motioned for Walt to follow him.

“Ellie, I’m lookin’ forward to tonight.” Walt shot her a smile and went with Brock, not waiting for her to respond.

Rob had come back while they’d been talking. He waited until the two men were out of earshot to say, “Ellie, I can’t tell you what to do during your free time but be careful where Walt’s concerned.”

She gave him a startled look. “Why? What’s wrong with him?”

Rob said, “Nothing’s wrong with him, exactly. He can be possessive, so you need to make it clear that you’re not gonna put up with that sort of thing.”

“Of course, I won’t,” Ellie agreed.

“Good. Where’s Cy?”

“Out on patrol,” she said.

“Okay. I forgot something I need. I’ll be back as soon as I can. I hope it’s not a long meeting.”

Ellie said goodbye to him and went back to work.

“It’s not funny!”

Cotton and Ray laughed when Johnny finished relaying his dilemma to them as they sat around the fire at Cotton’s place.

Ray said, “Oh, yes, it is.”

Johnny dropped his head into his hands. “What the heck am I gonna do? How am I supposed to choose between three identical, beautiful women?”

Cotton took pity on the young man. “If you don’t want a woman in your life, you must make that very clear to them.”

“I have! I told them I wouldn’t get married until I was better situated. It’s like I can’t say anything wrong, though,” Johnny lamented. “It just makes them want me more. Why me?”

Cotton chuckled. “Because you are a good man who is charming and handsome. Men like that can be hard to find.”

Ray bridled at his pointed look. “What? I’m a good guy.”

“I didn’t say you weren’t, but women know you are not marriage minded,” Cotton responded.

“They don’t think you are, either,” Ray fired back.

Cotton said, “I know and that’s the way I like it. I am free, like the wind and stars. Like the storm, I can choose which direction I go and what I do. But you? You’re young and someday you will want a woman to love and have children with.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.