On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two - Cover

On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - The situation between Deputy Brock Guthrie and Daphne Decker is complicated. Can he get past his hatred of Indians and accept Daphne for the woman she is within instead of seeing only her Comanche heritage? Will he take a chance and come down from the fence he sits on, or will he turn away from the possibility of a lifetime of happiness with Daphne?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Interracial  

One of the night deputies, Wheezer, sat with Daphne while Brock and the other night deputy, AJ, took the deceased thug to the undertaker.

Wheezer’s heart went out to Daphne. She wasn’t used to being involved in dangerous situations. He admired the way she’d handled herself. Even though she’d been scared, she’d still had the presence of mind to help Brock get them out of trouble. Although she was pale under her light bronze complexion, she sat straight in her chair, her eyes dry as she sipped coffee.

The older, colored man said, “When Brock’s done, he’ll get you home safe. I’ll have AJ ride with you to make sure everything’s all right, but those other two are most likely long gone. They’ll need to see a doctor.”

Daphne gave him a small smile. “Thank you.”

“You want some more coffee?”

Daphne turned down his kind offer. “Wheezer, do you ever hate who you are?”

Wheezer gave her a quizzical look. “What do you mean?”

“Do you ever hate being black? Sometimes I hate being part Comanche because of the way people think about us. I know that sounds terrible, but it’s true. Those men came after us tonight because they wanted me,” Daphne said. “Why are white men so fascinated by Indian women? Why do they think they can just take what they want from us and that we’ll allow it?”

Wheezer sighed. He had no easy answer for her. “Near as I can tell, people of different races seem to be real interested in each other, and not always for good reasons. I don’t hate being colored. The good Lord made me this way for a reason, same as He made you part Comanche for a reason.”

Daphne sat her coffee cup on Wheezer’s desk. “And what reason is that?”

“We’re strong people, Daphne, and we can show other people, not just whites, that we’re good and decent. We can show them that we don’t deserve to be made slaves or that we’re not bloodthirsty savages. We’re human, just the same as they are. That’s what we’re here for, honey,” he said.

“So, no matter what other people say about us or do to us, we gotta show them that we’re not gonna let that stop us from livin’ our lives.” He chuckled. “I think you showed those men that you weren’t just gonna let them do what they wanted to.”

“I guess so.” She clasped her hands together in her lap, attempting to stop their trembling. “I’ve never shot anyone before. I know that he wanted to hurt me, but I still feel guilty.”

Wheezer grunted. “I don’t like shooting people, either, but sometimes there’s just no way around it. I felt the same way the first time I shot a fella, so I understand. You don’t have anything to feel guilty about.”

Daphne nodded and fell silent.

Brock and AJ returned.

“C’mon, Daphne, I’ll take you home,” Brock said.

She rose stiffly.

“You should take AJ with you,” Wheezer said. “I can handle things here.”

Brock said, “We’ll be fine. There won’t be any more trouble.”

AJ, a man somewhere in his thirties, said, “You better hope not. Cy will skin you alive if anything happens to her.”

Brock said, “I’m not afraid of Cy. C’mon, Daphne.”

He put an arm around her and led her outside. The weather had deteriorated. Icy pellets of sleet bounced off every surface and whitened the road. Traveling out to the Decker ranch wouldn’t be a good idea.

“Daphne, how about you stay with Ellie? If we try to get to your ranch tonight, we’ll be soaked to the skin. The road won’t be safe, either,” Brock said.

“I think you’re right. I could just stay at the hotel. No need to bother Ellie.”

Brock said, “She won’t mind. I’ll feel better if you’re with her.”

Daphne didn’t relish being alone, so she gave in. “All right, if you’re sure she won’t mind.”

“She won’t. I promise.”

Daphne let Brock help her into the buggy. As they drove to Ellie’s house, Daphne kept her tears inside, not wanting to appear weak. When they arrived at Ellie’s, Brock helped her up onto the porch since the footing had grown slippery by then.

“I’m sorry,” Daphne said.

Brock stopped the hand he’d been about to knock on the door within midair. “What about?”

“For our evening being ruined,” she said. “Everything was so wonderful until they showed up.”

Brock rested a hand on her shoulder. “It’s not your fault, Daphne. You didn’t create the situation.”

“Yes, I did. It’s because of who I am, what I am. People hate us because of our heritage. We’re just filthy Indians, and people think they can treat us like dirt as if we don’t deserve respect,” Daphne said.

The stress of the evening was getting to her, and she couldn’t restrain her feelings anymore.

Splotches of color appeared on Brock’s face as shame burned in his stomach. How many times had he said such things about Indians? How often had he said that Indians were little better than animals and that the world would be a better place without them? Too many to count.

But he didn’t feel that way about Daphne. She was a good, beautiful woman who just happened to be part Comanche. She’d never done anything wrong to anyone, and she hadn’t deserved to be treated with disrespect or hate. As he stared down into her tear-brightened eyes, Brock felt a shift in his heart.

Pulling her against him, Brock stroked a hand down over her sleet-dampened hair. “You didn’t deserve what happened tonight, and you’ve never deserved all of the cruelty you’ve had to face. You’re a special woman, Daphne.”

Daphne leaned against him, letting him comfort her. She closed her eyes and let out her sorrow in quiet sobs. Brock held her tighter and kissed her forehead.

“Shh, it’s okay, Daphne. You’re safe now. Everything will be all right,” he murmured.

Daphne swallowed another sob and regained control of her emotions. She pushed away from him, wiping away her tears with her gloves. “No, it won’t. I can’t see you anymore, Brock. This will keep happening, and given how you feel about Indians, you’ll get tired of dealing with it.”

“Daphne, I know what happened was upsetting, but it doesn’t have anything to do with things between you and me,” Brock said. “I thought we settled the whole Comanche thing.”

“That was before four men accosted us because they wanted to rape a Comanche woman!” Daphne’s voice rose. “It won’t be the last time something like this happens, Brock.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.