On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two - Cover

On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 5

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - The situation between Deputy Brock Guthrie and Daphne Decker is complicated. Can he get past his hatred of Indians and accept Daphne for the woman she is within instead of seeing only her Comanche heritage? Will he take a chance and come down from the fence he sits on, or will he turn away from the possibility of a lifetime of happiness with Daphne?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Interracial  

Ellie pulled her door open when Walt knocked and stood blinking up at him, thinking at first that a strange man stood on her porch.

“Good evenin’, Miss Ellie.” Walt smiled down at her.

“Good evening,” she said, her voice faint.

Although he still wore his glasses, his appearance was vastly different than usual. He wore a beautiful charcoal gray suit with a light paisley gray vest, white shirt, and a black tie. His dark hair had been tamed, and he was clean-shaven. His chiseled, angular facial features were attractive, and the tailored suit revealed that Walt was a very fit male.

Walt’s smile turned sly. “I’ve shocked ya a wee bit, haven’t I?”

“You certainly have,” she agreed. “I don’t know what to say. You should look that good every day.” Why am I suddenly putting my foot in my mouth around him? “I mean, you look very handsome.”

Her flustered state amused him. “Well, I have my reasons for that. If ya play yer cards right, I might share them with ya.”

His statement aroused her curiosity. “What’s that mean?”

Walt didn’t answer as his eyes drifted over her lovely figure. A flare of desire tightened his stomach. “Ye look lovely, lass.”

His hot gaze and the appreciation in his smooth-timbered voice made Ellie’s breath quicken. She felt like a gazelle being pursued by a hazel-eyed lion. That unsettled feeling came back, yet she found Walt fascinating. Her previous impression of Walt had been way off the mark. He seemed a trifle threatening, but instead of feeling afraid, excitement sparked within her.

“I’m glad you think so,” she said.

“Are ya ready then?”

“Oh. Yes. I’ll just get my cloak.”

Walt waited while she retrieved it and locked her front door after she came out onto the porch.

“Do ya mind walkin’?” he asked. “I spend all day cooped up in buildings, so it’s nice to be out in the fresh air and stretch my legs.”

“No. I don’t mind,” Ellie said, taking the arm he offered her.

They descended the porch steps to the street, and Walt looked back at her house. “Ye’ve got a nice little place.”

“Thank you. I like it. Ma and Pa don’t like me living alone, but I wanted to be independent. Plus, with my job, I didn’t want to disturb them by coming home at all hours of the day and night,” Ellie said.

“Well, that’s very considerate of ya. How’d ya convince yer father to let ya become a deputy and move away from home?”

“I had to fight him tooth-and-nail about it, but he finally realized that I was going to do it no matter what. My cousin is a deputy in Oklahoma City. When he and I were growing up, we followed all the famous lawmen in the newspapers. It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. I learned how to fight and all about the job. When the position opened up, I marched right into Rob’s office and told him that I was the best person for the job.”

Walt grinned. “What did he say to that?”

Ellie said, “He thought I was joking, but when he saw I was serious, he went ahead and interviewed me. A few days later, he came to my house to offer me the job. Pa almost had a conniption, but Rob promised to watch out for me, and Pa settled down. Once I had enough money saved up, I moved out. I love Pa, but he’s always trying to protect me.”

“All good fathers try to protect their daughters, Ellie.”

“I know, but when those daughters grow up, they can decide things for themselves. Women aren’t stupid, Walt,” Ellie countered.

“No one would ever accuse ya of bein’ stupid, least of all me. Yer an intelligent, beautiful woman, and I appreciate ya as such.”

“Thanks. So why did you become a lawyer?” Ellie asked.

“I’m from a long line of barristers, and I followed in my father and grandfather’s footsteps,” he said nonchalantly. “My father is actually British, but we lived in Ireland until we came to America when I was seventeen. That’s why my accent isn’t as pronounced as some Irishmen. I’ve lost it a little.”

“Do your parents live in Chance City?” she asked.

“They don’t,” Walt said. “They live in Chicago. I followed a lass here, but things didn’t work out.”

“Why not?” Ellie asked as they turned the corner onto Main Street.

“Well, ya see, I don’t like sharin’ my women with other men.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry she wasn’t faithful,” Ellie said.

“Thanks, but she did me a favor.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because I met the prettiest deputy ya ever did see, and she hasn’t been out of my mind since,” Walt said, winking at her.

Ellie blushed. “Why did you keep asking me to dinner after I turned you down a couple of times?”

“Haven’t ya heard? Us Irish are stubborn, and I knew that I’d wear ya down. I figured if I annoyed ya enough, you’d give in just to get me off yer back.” He laughed at the guilty expression on her face. “But ya see, I intend to sweep ya off yer feet, Ellie, and by the time I’m done, ye’ll never want to get me off yer back.”

A shiver ran through Ellie, but it had nothing to do with the cold. It was caused by the glint of something dark that flashed in his eyes for a brief moment. Then it was gone, and he smiled, his face the one of a man happy to be with a special lady.

That little glimpse of danger should’ve deterred her from wanting to spend the evening with Walt, but instead, she felt drawn to him, and her interest in him grew. She had the feeling that there was much more to Walt than she’d ever imagined and that getting to know him might be the most exciting thing she’d ever do.


By the time dinner was over, Daphne felt even more as though she were in a dream. Brock was attentive, witty, and kept her entertained throughout the evening. Several people stopped by their table, and Brock introduced her to them. He was a popular, social person, which often helped him in his career.

Once they’d eaten their dessert, they departed the restaurant, getting back in his buggy.

“It got colder,” Brock remarked. “I’ll get you home so that you can get in where it’s warm.”

Daphne said, “Don’t worry about me. I have this blanket, and it was so warm in the restaurant that the air feels good.”

“Okay. I had a good time tonight,” Brock said.

“Me, too.”

Brock smiled at her. “Good enough that you’d want to do it again?”

Daphne pretended to mull it over. “I guess so.”

“Don’t sound so thrilled.”

She batted her eyelashes at him. “I mean, yes, Deputy Guthrie, I’d love to have dinner with you again!”

He laughed. “All right. Don’t overdo it.”

“You’re a hard man to please.”

Their light-hearted banter continued as he drove her home. Halfway there, they heard horses come up behind them. Brock moved over to give the riders plenty of room to go around them, but they stayed behind Brock’s buggy. A prickle of warning broke out over Brock’s shoulders.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.