On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two - Cover

On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 15

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15 - The situation between Deputy Brock Guthrie and Daphne Decker is complicated. Can he get past his hatred of Indians and accept Daphne for the woman she is within instead of seeing only her Comanche heritage? Will he take a chance and come down from the fence he sits on, or will he turn away from the possibility of a lifetime of happiness with Daphne?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Interracial  

During their meal, Ellie learned more about Walt. He told her how his family had come to the United States to meet with some of his father’s business partners. It was supposed to have been a month-long stay, but Lawrence and Margaret Gaines had fallen in love with America and had decided to make the move permanent.

As they ate pieces of black walnut cake, Ellie asked, “So you come from some pretty rich people.”

“I do. All my grandparents were rich and, since my parents were only children, they inherited everything. I’m a very wealthy man,” Walt replied.

“It’s a shame that you don’t have any brothers or sisters.”

He nodded. “It was sometimes lonely growing up, which is why when I marry, I hope to have a whole passel of wee ones.”

“I can understand that,” Ellie said. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but your house doesn’t seem like the type that a rich person would live in.”

“I don’t like to throw my money around. Too many people come to ya with their hands out. I prefer to donate anonymously, which I do a lot. Being wealthy lets me do what I love doin’. Helpin’ people who are truly innocent.”

Ellie said, “But you defend a lot of people. They can’t all be innocent.”

He cocked his head. “Can I tell ya somethin’ in confidence?”

His eyes took on a hard glint that set her stomach fluttering with fear and curiosity. She wasn’t sure that she wanted to know what he was going to say, but couldn’t stop herself from saying, “Yes.”

“I’m a prosecutor in disguise.”

Her eyes widened. “What do you mean?”

“Well, ya see, I used to be a prosecutor in New York, but when I moved here, there were no criminal prosecutor positions. So, I became a defense attorney. Sorta.”

“I still don’t understand.”

“All right. Take that pickpocket. He was guilty as sin, so I perhaps didn’t try as hard to keep him out of jail as I did Toby. The lad is innocent. Do ya see now?”

Shock made Ellie sit straighter. “You deliberately throw cases? Isn’t that against the law?”

He grinned. “Only in some places, but it’s still unethical in some people’s minds. Just not mine. Chance City is safer without that pickpocket, just as it is without other criminals on the loose.”

Conflicting emotions on the matter swirled in Ellie’s mind. “Does anyone else know about this?”

“No one.”

“Why did you tell me?”

Walt took a steadying breath. “Because I trust you. I have feelin’s for ya, Ellie. Ya know that’s why I kept askin’ ya out. But, if this is somethin’ ya can’t accept about me, then there’s no point pursuin’ anything. I’ll understand, but if ya decide ya don’t wanna see me, please keep this to yerself. If ya say we’re done, I won’t bother ya when I come to the sheriff’s office, either. So, don’t worry about that.”

Their gazes met, and Ellie couldn’t look away. There was something enigmatic, charismatic, and dangerous about Walt. Why hadn’t she seen that before? Or had she and that was the reason she’d refused his advances? She could no longer deny her attraction to him.

His hazel eyes captivated her, and she wanted to kiss him. She had the first time she’d gone to dinner with him, but he hadn’t then or the last couple of times they’d been together. His gaze grew heated, and she knew that her expression was giving her away.

Her heart beat in triple-time as he hooked a hand around the back of her neck and leaned in to kiss her. Ellie found herself swept away by his hot, demanding kiss. Wrapping his free arm around her waist, he pulled her against his chest, and threaded his fingers through her hair.

Ellie held onto his sweater, bunching it in her fists, and responding in kind. Their tongues met and dueled as their breathing grew ragged. The way Walt’s chest rose and fell under her hands fascinated her and she traced the contours of his muscles through it. His growl of pleasure made her feel feminine and powerful and she wanted more.

When she abruptly pulled away from him, Walt felt off-kilter. She took off his glasses and set them off to the side. He was glad that he didn’t need them to see up close so that he didn’t miss the desire shimmering in her eyes. The next thing he knew, she pulled his sweater up.

“I want you, Walt. You’re weird, and quirky, and mysterious, and sort of dark, but you’re also handsome, fun, and wonderful. I shouldn’t want you like this, but I do,” she said.

Walt wasn’t going to argue with her. He’d wanted her for so long and if she was willing, so was he. It was wicked and wrong in some people’s minds, but not in his. What two mature adults did was no one else’s business.

He yanked the sweater the rest of the way off and took her in his arms again. She ran her hands over his toned, muscular chest, reveling in the way his chest hair felt against her palms. His lips reclaimed hers and he pressed her harder against his body, stirring her ardor even more.

She couldn’t stop touching him and he seemed to have the same problem. He pulled her blouse from her jeans and spread his hands over her back, skimming his fingers along her spine. She shivered against him as ripples of desire washed over her.

A noise from outside made her jerk and she pulled back from him.

Walt heard it, too. “It’s just an animal. Don’t worry about it.”

He reached for the buttons of her blouse, but her hand closed over his, stopping him. Looking in her eyes, he saw her uncertainty and his shoulders sagged. “This isn’t gonna happen, is it? Ye’ve changed yer mind.”

“Not about you, just about this. And not exactly this.”

She would have run a hand over his chest, but he intercepted it. He kissed it before moving away from her.

“I don’t understand,” he said, putting his sweater back on.

Ellie almost groaned when he covered up his fine torso again. “It’s just that I don’t want Toby to walk in on us.”

Walt squashed his frustration. “He has strict instructions not to unless disaster strikes, but boys aren’t always reliable about following orders. Yer right. I’ll take ya home. Just give me a few minutes.”

Ellie couldn’t contain the giggle that bubbled up in her throat as she gathered their picnic things. His aroused condition was quite apparent.

“It’s not funny. You women have it easy regardin’ this. Ya can’t tell when yer excited and if ya are, ya can still move around just like normal.”

It was the first time she’d seen him cross about something and it both excited and amused her. She chuckled again, and his expression darkened.

She pulled herself together. “You’re right. I’m sorry.”

Letting out a long breath, Walt got to his feet and helped her. Once they had everything ready and they’d put their shoes and outerwear back on, Walt doused all the lanterns. There was enough moonlight for them to see by as they walked along the path to the back of the house. They deposited their things in the kitchen, Walt insisting that he would take care of them later.

Walt was quiet for a little bit as he drove her home. Ellie knew that he was disappointed and so was she, but the thought of Toby interrupting them made it impossible for her to have made love with him in the greenhouse.

“Walt, I’m sorry, it’s just—”

“Don’t worry about it, Ellie. I understand.” He gave her a smile. “So, do all of those things ya said about me mean that ya want to keep seein’ me?”

“Yes. I meant it when I said that I didn’t change my mind about you.”

Happiness spread through him. “I’m glad to hear it.”

Ellie snuggled up to him. “You know, there’s no one at my house to interrupt us.”

Walt groaned. “Ellie, don’t tempt me like that. It’s gettin’ late, and I shouldn’t leave Toby to his own devices on his first night out of jail.”

She let out a sigh as she rested her head on his shoulder. “You’re right.”

To distract them from the desire that still hummed through them, Ellie started talking about work. Grateful to her, Walt followed her example, eagerly picking up the conversation. When they arrived at her house, he walked her to the door, but only kissed her cheek. He knew that if he kissed those sweet lips of hers, they would wind up in bed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.