On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two - Cover

On the Fence: The Chance City Series Book Two

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Chapter 11

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11 - The situation between Deputy Brock Guthrie and Daphne Decker is complicated. Can he get past his hatred of Indians and accept Daphne for the woman she is within instead of seeing only her Comanche heritage? Will he take a chance and come down from the fence he sits on, or will he turn away from the possibility of a lifetime of happiness with Daphne?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Interracial  

The next night, Johnny burst into Cy’s house, looking for his cousin. Cy and Leigh sat at the kitchen table going over their accounting ledgers.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to bang the door?” Cy complained.

“Sorry. I can’t tie my tie. Can you do it?” Johnny asked. “I’m taking Dory out and I’m as nervous as a goat pooping peach pits.”

Leigh grinned. “You like this girl, huh?”

Johnny shook his head as Cy worked on his tie. “I think I’m in love.”

“Love?” Cy gave him a doubtful look. “You’ve only spent an hour or so with her. There’s no way you can love her.”

Johnny met his gaze. “You never heard of love at first sight? Well, trust me, it exists. I can’t get her out of my mind. Those big blue eyes of hers and she’s so sweet and—”

“You’re infatuated,” Cy interjected. “That’s normal. You have to take your time and get to know her.”

Johnny’s gesture included both Cy and Leigh. “You two didn’t. It only took a couple of weeks for you to get married.”

Leigh said, “That was a different situation, Johnny. I came here purposely to marry Cy. Dory isn’t a mail order bride, though. There’s no expectation of marriage. Cy’s right. Enjoy getting to know Dory. Have some fun and see what happens.”

Cy finished tying Johnny’s tie. “There you go. You look good. Other than that one funeral, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in a suit. I see you had your ears lowered, too.”

Johnny smoothed down the back of his freshly cut hair even though it was already neat. “Yeah. I wanna look my best. I never called on a lady before. I’m about ready to jump out of my skin.”

With a grin, Leigh said, “It’ll be all right. You’re a good-looking fella and you’re fun and respectful. Just the sort of man most women like.”

“Thanks. I better get going. I don’t wanna be late.”

“Have fun,” Leigh said.

“I reckon I will.” Johnny gave them a big grin and hurried out the door.

Johnny whistled as he drove along, keeping the horse at a trot. He’d been pleasantly surprised to learn that Dory didn’t live very far from Sundance Ranch. Finding Dory’s house proved easy, and it wasn’t long before he reached her home. He took a breath, hopped out of the buggy, and jogged over to the house.

Just as he stepped onto the porch of the plain white clapboard dwelling, he heard yelling from inside. The front door was flung open and a surly looking man with dark hair rushed towards Johnny. He brandished a revolver, which he pointed at Johnny’s head.

“You need to leave. Dory ain’t going anywhere with no Comanche lover.”

Johnny’s voice stuck in his throat for a moment. “Sir, my family are good people. So am I. Please lower the gun. I mean no harm.”

“Sure, you don’t. You just wanna get her alone and knock her up. I won’t have it!”

The smell of booze was strong on the man and Johnny realized that he wasn’t dealing with a man who was in his right mind.

Splotches of color broke out on his face. “No, sir, you’re wrong. I have too much respect for women to ever treat Dory that way. I promise.”

Dory’s father sneered at him. “Sure, sure. If you ain’t outta here in the next ten seconds, I’m gonna shoot your sorry hide full of holes, boy. Now git!”

Dory grabbed her father’s shoulder. “Pa! Leave him alone. He’s a good man.”

He turned around and gave her a hard shove. Johnny couldn’t see behind him, but he heard Dory fall to the floor.

“Now, see here! There ain’t no cause to treat a woman like that!” Johnny protested.

He moved toward the drunk man, who focused his attention on Johnny again and raised the gun.

“Stop right there!”

Johnny’s temper simmered. “Shame on you for hurting a woman. Dory, are you all right?”

“I’m fine.”

“I said get out of here!”

Johnny wasn’t about to leave Dory and her mother there with the violent man. “Sir, if you could lower the gun, we could talk this out like—”

The gun went off and Johnny was knocked off his feet as the bullet ripped into his body. Fire spread through his chest, hindering his ability to breathe. Right before his head smacked off the porch floor, rendering him unconscious, Johnny heard Dory scream. Then he sank down into oblivion.

Dory raced along the trail she knew well, her breathing coming in harsh gasps as she ran at top speed. As Cotton’s clearing loomed ahead, she started screaming his name as loud as she could. Exiting the woods, Dory saw that cross sticks had been placed outside his tipi, indicating that he had company. She didn’t care.

“Cotton! Come quick! It’s Johnny! Please!” she shouted.

Cotton threw the tipi flap open, rushing out in only his breechcloth and leggings. “What happened?”

“Pa shot him! I got away. I don’t know if he’s alive.”

Cotton didn’t ask questions. “Go to the ranch and have Cy go to your house. Stay at the ranch until someone comes for you.”

Dory’s blue eyes swam with tears. “But, Ma is—”

Cotton put his hands on her shoulders. “I’ll take care of Noreen. Go!”

She took off down the trail that led to Sundance Ranch and Cotton retrieved his shirt and weapons, telling his lady friend what had occurred. Then he ran into the woods, intent on saving his nephew and Noreen even if it meant murdering Maynard.

Arriving at the Klingerman residence, Cotton crept towards the house. All was quiet, but he saw Johnny lying prone on the porch. On silent feet, he ran for the porch, keeping a sharp eye out for Maynard. Reaching Johnny’s side, Cotton shook him a little, but Johnny didn’t move. Leaning down, Cotton listened to see if Johnny was still breathing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.